I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:42 am #480753

Just as I got recently unbanned, for put a cat into crit state accidentally, I get bwoinked again.
Because I wanted to just search a mildly suspicious lizard, but unfortunately he was stolen in transit to brig by a Mime - escalating my suspicion from mild to severe. So I fired off screen, and apparently put a lizard in crit.
Nothing happened, because I was able to justify my actions, like always. But mild aftertaste remained.

I also got slipped there, and Virologist spaced my one of a kind gun to have his petty revenge for arrest earlier.

But but, the aftertaste escalated to severe, after I arrested Mime later in Engineering, stripping and looting CMO. CMO wanted to kill him, but alas he was already in cuffs.

The final nail in the coffin was everyone dying 40 minutes in, because guess what, it was a Nuke Ops round, and Captain preoccupied with tide forgot about the disk. And then everyone screamed for jobban for the Captain, because he executed someone. For no reason, of course.

So why should I bother anymore? If I want to search someone, I get bwoinked because MUH METAGAMING. If I put someone in critical state accidentally, I get bwoinked because MUH HIGH SECURITY STANDARDS. Every shittler can just ahelp you, and you will have to stop playing, scroll the chat to find who the fuck admin is talking about (because they're often irrelevant grey tide you forgot about already) and trying to argue your position.
Meanwhile non antag can just kidnap a head of staff and steal his shit with zero repercussion, because it's IC, call the cops. Well cops were getting bwoinked.
Meanwhile meanwhile, there are unclear confusing escalation rules in place, allowing you to MURDER PEOPLE for breaking into your workplace. Of course only if you're a civilian, because that's obviously a crutch solution for dwindling sec numbers (and quality) while increase in grey tide.

So what do I do lads? I like sec, I like being police, I like catching bad guys, I like improving the quality of the round, I like helping innocents. Here's my plan, my last ditch effort to try and enjoy the security again:

First, I will stop playing detective. "You are not supposed to be a security officer" - is easier said that done. Either there's no crime worth investigation (largely due how the rounds flow and how long they last), or not enough security players. So you end up just drinking in bar chatting with bartender, or getting ran over by the tide which forces your hand. So fuck detective.
Second, I will play the straightest edge security officer you can imagine. I will be like police in real world. I will stop, I will talk, I will announce (I already do, but I will do it every time now), I will ENFORCE THE SPACE LAW to the letter. I will ask questions first, shoot later. I know I will regret it, but so be it.

Wish me luck guys.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image



User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby IkeTG » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:45 am #480754

I hope you find a job that is more fulfilling OP, good luck and godspeed.

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Kryson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:06 pm #480758

Did you actually get any new notes during this round though? It seemed like admins actually gave sec the leeway you desire considering how many people complained of you shooting them with lethals and how you permad the viro for stealing your gun(no doubt because he thought it was being misused.)

I understand that the round was frustrating to play due to mass greytiding and the captain failing to secure the disk during stealth ops and i do think we should give sec some leeway when dealing with mass greytide, but the critisim against sec this particular round was not without merit.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 pm #480760

Nah, no notes. Admin was experienced, exercised due diligence, even though I had to explain lizard was put in crit not while being arrested, but when I chased after mime who stole him. Like I said, nothing happened. It's just i'm bored with the same routine.

Virologist was arrested, because doctor told me he infected me with a disease, and medbay scrambled to cure it afterwards. Of course, the disease was helpful, but viro for some reason decided to say it only after he got released from arrest. He was put in perma cause Warden was not in brig, and I told I will release him when I find the gun.

Also, the only person who complained about being shot was the Chaplain, who walked into the line of fire when I was shooting the Mime. I explained it to the chaplain, and apologized. Yet he tried to toolbox me to death soon after. I didn't resist, hoping he would kill me so I can stop playing.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby confused rock » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:02 pm #480787

Every time lumber decides to arrest people as detective and/or "apparently" put someone into crit I die externally
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:02 pm #480800

The most important thing is that you are not dying internally.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Farquaar » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:06 pm #480809

This sounds like Bagil. Were you playing on Bagil?
If so, jump ship to Sybil. There’s never any sec there, but there are way fewer tiders.

User avatar
Gigapuddi420
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:09 pm #480814

This sounds like Bagil. Were you playing on Bagil?


It was Terry, Terry is slowly picking up some Bagil habits but a lot of the population don't have the experience behind it. I can appreciate security is frustrating at times, but it seems like this one turned out right for you. You searched a guy, the guy complained and when asked about it you provided a fine IC reason. Case closed.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby confused rock » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:26 pm #480828

what I'm saying is lumber is a nigger
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:28 pm #480831

Sir, have I wronged you in some way?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby confused rock » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm #480836

yes detectives who arrest are niggers especially ones who arrest using revolvers
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
bman
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby bman » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:37 pm #480845

confused rock wrote:yes detectives who arrest are niggers especially ones who arrest using revolvers

Ok sorry rock i guess they'll do jack fucking shit for the ENTIRE FUCKING ROUND THEN.
pryce bax.
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:44 pm #480850

confused rock wrote:yes detectives who arrest are niggers especially ones who arrest using revolvers


Yes bring stun revolver back.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby confused rock » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 pm #480872

bman wrote:
confused rock wrote:yes detectives who arrest are niggers especially ones who arrest using revolvers

Ok sorry rock i guess they'll do jack fucking shit for the ENTIRE FUCKING ROUND THEN.

There are always many people who get murdered and are never found in individual rounds. Even hiding the body in a dorm locker is usually enough. I'd rather have detectives but FULL effort into investigation than be just another officer.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 pm #480874

Oh please, that's what all of the sec do, the only difference is that detective has scanner.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:39 pm #480875

massive deja vu from this thread, didnt another sec main do a "im quitting abloo abloo" thread just recently?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:48 pm #480876

PKPenguin321 wrote:massive deja vu from this thread, didnt another sec main do a "im quitting abloo abloo" thread just recently?


Image
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

Skillywatt
 
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Skillywatt » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:32 am #480886

tiding has been going in an increasingly negative direction for a while now, at least on bagil. Cat nigger cliques were just becoming more of a problem to the point I was putting myself at a tactical disadvantage simply by interacting with them in good faith. Shitters like Bal Dee were constantly getting away with shit that really should have been dealt with sooner than he actually was (I saw his appeal where he finally got permabant).

Ive been taking a break simply because all this shit was making sec a huge chore to play and keep the best interests of the round/player at heart and sec really was all I enjoyed playing with an occasional side of engineer.

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Dr_bee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:36 am #480914

Skillywatt wrote:tiding has been going in an increasingly negative direction for a while now, at least on bagil. Cat nigger cliques were just becoming more of a problem to the point I was putting myself at a tactical disadvantage simply by interacting with them in good faith. Shitters like Bal Dee were constantly getting away with shit that really should have been dealt with sooner than he actually was (I saw his appeal where he finally got permabant).

Ive been taking a break simply because all this shit was making sec a huge chore to play and keep the best interests of the round/player at heart and sec really was all I enjoyed playing with an occasional side of engineer.


When you have like 8 antags, and 20 tiders in a 90 person round with 5 security, it is kind of a problem. Murder no longer being a serious crime because "muh escalation" also makes sec work harder. When a third of the station is looking for a reason to fuck you over it doesnt make protecting the other two thirds a fun time.

Eskjjlj
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Eskjjlj » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 am #480921

Last edited by Eskjjlj on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Malkraz » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:40 am #480923

This post might've had some merit if it weren't being made by fucking Schlomo of all people
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 am #480926

Coming from the prince of the tide this means a lot to me.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Malkraz » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:25 am #480928

who's the king
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 am #480929

My ass
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:32 am #480930

deathhoof
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby confused rock » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm #480977

Detectives arresting feels like warden leaving brig to me- it’s sometimes justified but often feels like they just wanna play sec officer with benefits and now you’re down an important job. I remember relenting and giving the detective sechuds and when I leave for the shuttle I get shot in the stomach because the detective is arresting nonviolent criminals using bullets again. I just wish they understood no means no, but it’s hardly as bad as lawyerw who ask for free shit. You get no baton, no pepperspray, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off. Your job is no more dangerous than an assistant’s. If an assistant asked for free gear, I WOULD SAY NO. LAWYERS ARE NO DIFFERENT AND ABSOLUTELY DO NOT OUTRANK ME. FUCK YOU LAWYERS.

Shoutout to engineers who give brig plasmaglass windows so fags can’t as effortlessly break it.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:16 pm #480981

Detective gets baton, pepper spray and cuffs.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Malkraz » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 pm #481027

Detectives shouldn't spawn with arms tbh
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Big Faggot
 
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:30 am
Byond Username: Floof5467

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Big Faggot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:32 pm #481034

my chances of tiding against a detective are tenfold that of a security officer, get a real job!

even when im playing as sec seeing the detective come in with some idiot hancuffed has to be the most annoying fucking thing as he sits around the hall and explains some very personal reason for arrest like getting a glass thrown at his head. gifted with a forensic scanner, and instead of actually using it to deal with serious crimes the detective sits at the bar and waits for some stupid shit to happen so he can pop off.

gets me really fired up.

Skillywatt
 
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Skillywatt » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:35 pm #481036

I got less of a problem with the detective detaining someone (crap happens) but I have a real issue with them responding to calls for help like "sec to medbay" or whatever for some disturbance. that is absolutely not your job

User avatar
wesoda25
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:37 pm #481038

You guys are fucking pussies holy shit. My playtime as assistant is still super high, but as of the past 4 months ish I’ve been a sec main of sorts. Guess how many notes I’ve gotten during that time? You’re dumbasses who don’t know how to play the game and take greytide personally.

Schlomo you’re shitsec as as detective, running around desperately for valids because you have a vendetta against every grey for whatever reason. You’re becoming as bad as istoprocent bud, time to take a step back. I have no comment about your recent ban, don’t know enough about it.

When I greytide, I purposely hold myself at arms length from the game, so that I don’t give a shit if someone kills me. I practically never ahelp, especially over shit when I was greytiding. Usually I find it funny when I die. Due to this, I can replicate the same thing as security, understanding that shitters are tiding because fucking around and blowing off steam is fun.

People who have never tided before think people tide to purposefully be dicks and ruin their round, that shit ain’t true. People sometimes feel like fucking around and getting reactions, they aren’t assholes who exist to make you mad. I see sec mains start to exercise their petty grudges on random tiders, and they always end up banned in the end. Don’t hail them as the best sec mains, they’re idiots who take the game wayyyy too personally.

All of this being said, there are a lot of absolutely cancer assistant mains and shit. I was probably pretty cancer when I started on tg, I think I raided sec comms every round. However, I see these fucks who try to get any bit of revenge against sec for fair briggings and shit. They’re possibly even stupider than sec mains who take tiding personally, since they clearly don’t understand the rules and desperately grab onto any chance of combat they see.

In conclusion, this post is dumb, Lumber you feel dissatisfied with playing security due to your own flaws at the role. The rules aren’t changing, feelings towards security isn’t changing, if you’re gonna arrest people as detective (don’t) at least use your baton.
Host and code owner of Hyper Station. Admin on /tg/. I like to bicycle in my free time.

User avatar
wesoda25
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:04 pm #481043

Ok so my post was pretty aggressive so as for your actual post and idea for a new Schlomo Gaskin.

Wesoda's Guidebook to not Getting Banned from Security
General Stuff
    Alert Color doesn't mean shit, do what you want when you want
    Space Law is a myth, that being said its something pretty good to base your actions off of
    Never do random searches, never consider someone suspicions for existing in dorms/behind a bolted door
    Don't just kill people for shit. If shits hitting the fan, I'll perform field executions if theres an especially bad shitter or just someone has traitor gear. Otherwise, I'll either execute traitors, perma them, or take their shit if they're nice and I caught them due to bullshit.
    Favoritism is fucking gay. tbh playing sec has made me hate some people I use to like
    Deadass be nice and meme with shitters. I do it because I usually like them, but if you wanna be manipulative, do this. I've tried it on random people before, works like a charm. I try not to be a manipulative person by nature, but I see ways to do it. Its so easy, especially in the ss13 environment, to convince someone you're chill. Works even if you aren't sec, if you wanna cater to the right people deadass just scream shit like "uwu ugu" - lord knows you'll be accepted into the cat clique immediately, I have several examples of this too
    Don't hold grudges
    Don't arrest people as detective
    Arrest people with sec gear, if they're nice just take it, otherwise give them like two minutes.
    Don't use temp gun or secway
    If someone has a weapon they shouldn't have, don't be scared to take it.
    Be brutal when AA gets out. Maybe don't wordlessly cremate, but I perma anyone I catch with AA. Lord knows they have multiple other IDs stashed away somewhere
    Ignore faggots and don't take shit personally
    Don't kill borgs for following laws
    Literally get ready to perma HOP for anything, traitor HOPs are cancer, and faggots who hand out AA when not traitor are abundant as well.

list could go on forever you get the point
Host and code owner of Hyper Station. Admin on /tg/. I like to bicycle in my free time.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 pm #481047

wesoda25 wrote:running around desperately for valids

You're hilarious. Truly assistant mains lack any self-awareness.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

Eskjjlj
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Eskjjlj » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:12 am #481126

Last edited by Eskjjlj on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby obscolene » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:23 am #481131

wesoda25 wrote:You guys are fucking pussies holy shit. My playtime as assistant is still super high, but as of the past 4 months ish I’ve been a sec main of sorts. Guess how many notes I’ve gotten during that time? You’re dumbasses who don’t know how to play the game and take greytide personally.

this basically sums it up, dude. every fucking person complaining about 'i don't wanna play sec because i'll get banned!!!' are just too retarded to use common sense to know their boundaries and what they can and cannot do on the server. every time one of these posts pops up it fucking eludes me how people can't just figure it out.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
Image
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:39 am #481166

Eskjjlj wrote:half truths

I also remember how you tried to make tesla in engineering lobby, and I asked you to do it somewhere else, so you bad mouthed me, so you got searched and then released.

Eskjjlj wrote:Did you expect to find any valids behind that door???

Here's another wesoda thinking security exists for any other reason than stopping crime. Sure let's strawman it by calling it VALIDS.

obscolene wrote:every fucking person complaining about 'i don't wanna play sec because i'll get banned!!!

That's not at all what i'm talking about.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Malkraz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:20 am #481176

obscolene wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:You guys are fucking pussies holy shit. My playtime as assistant is still super high, but as of the past 4 months ish I’ve been a sec main of sorts. Guess how many notes I’ve gotten during that time? You’re dumbasses who don’t know how to play the game and take greytide personally.

this basically sums it up, dude. every fucking person complaining about 'i don't wanna play sec because i'll get banned!!!' are just too retarded to use common sense to know their boundaries and what they can and cannot do on the server. every time one of these posts pops up it fucking eludes me how people can't just figure it out.

It's pretty much the same with any complaint about escalation. Not that there aren't some issues with it, but there's so many fucking autistics who go way overboard and come on here going OH SO I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND MYSELF AT ALL???? after cremating a guy for tabling them.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Grazyn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:08 pm #481184

It's just part of the cycle, admins are too strict on sec->good players are frustrated and stop playing sec->only newbs play sec->antags have no real opposition->rules are laxed and sec is given more free reign->good players go back at playing sec->cycle repeats

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 pm #481193

remove security, give everyone a piece roundstart

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:29 pm #481194

But what if you replaced tasers and disablers with stechkins. Then one side would be inclined to be less trigger happy and other side would be more inclined to not be shit fnr.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:36 pm #481195

Lumbermancer wrote:But what if you replaced tasers and disablers with stechkins. Then one side would be inclined to be less trigger happy and other side would be more inclined to not be shit fnr.

i said piece, not non-lethal nerf guns

1911s for everyone or go home

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Grazyn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 pm #481196

The interesting thing is that taser removal is actually gonna be a buff to sec. Taser mode is a newb trap, disabler is almost always superior thanks to the slow down which makes subsequent hits easier, higher capacity and longer stun. Taser also makes friendly fire much worse, while a single stray hit of disabler won't immediately put your fellow officers out of the fight. Taser is only good to get the jump on someone who is staying almost stationary, but then you can just walk up to him and use your baton.

All in all, now newbs will be forced to use disablers and sec efficiency will inevitably go up.

Eskjjlj
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Eskjjlj » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:56 pm #481200

Last edited by Eskjjlj on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:05 pm #481201

You have awful good memory about situations like this, are you holding a grudge or something? And can you finally explain what "validhunting" means to you in the context of security, cause you're just using it like an expletive. Is patrolling maintenance validhunting? Why is asking you to unweld an airlock for me a validhunting? Help me out here. Help me be better security.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Atticat
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 pm
Byond Username: Atticat

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Atticat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 pm #481222

I play security all the time and don't have any of these problems.
Image

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"

Skillywatt
 
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Skillywatt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 pm #481223

I very rarely get a bwoink as sec but I generally try to do the right thing. I think the last justice-related bwoink I got was actually as captain when a greytider was bitching he got perma'd and thought I authorized it when I just told them to gulag him for max points.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Lumbermancer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm #481225

My whole life has been a lie.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Gamarr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:44 pm #481231

There's just no reason to play security. Why would you.
You get shit on by everything including the rules basically.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby Shadowflame909 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 pm #481232

Grazyn wrote:The interesting thing is that taser removal is actually gonna be a buff to sec. Taser mode is a newb trap, disabler is almost always superior thanks to the slow down which makes subsequent hits easier, higher capacity and longer stun. Taser also makes friendly fire much worse, while a single stray hit of disabler won't immediately put your fellow officers out of the fight. Taser is only good to get the jump on someone who is staying almost stationary, but then you can just walk up to him and use your baton.

All in all, now newbs will be forced to use disablers and sec efficiency will inevitably go up.



Sec gets buffed, the crew is now forced to always have a stunprod in one hand, antagonists get buffed


Who is really winning from these changes

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
wesoda25
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I don't think I care about playing security anymore.

Postby wesoda25 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:24 pm #481235

I play security because I like the combat of this game, but then a very wise rock said to me: “Why not just play games with actually good combat systems?” so thats that
Host and code owner of Hyper Station. Admin on /tg/. I like to bicycle in my free time.

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mooseykins