80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Karp » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:48 am #486980

Rustledjimm wrote:Let's start an australian server and call it ozzy


you'd have to enforce banned players only as policy to play on it
Image
Image



somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby somerandomguy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:34 pm #486993

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:i give you a death line admin team, after 1/4/19 i ll organize anti grief squads and solve problems icly

But January 4th already happened :^)

Karp wrote:CENSORED PENDING HEADMIN APPROVAL

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby leibniz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:20 pm #486997

I decree that all admins shall be cut in half, increasing their surface area and thus providing more coverage.
As I believe in fairness, each admin may choose between being cut horizontally or vertically.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby bandit » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:54 pm #487004

leibniz wrote:I decree that all admins shall be cut in half, increasing their surface area and thus providing more coverage.
As I believe in fairness, each admin may choose between being cut horizontally or vertically.


disemboweling them will increase the surface area even more, the long intestine alone will span an entire station
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
subject217
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby subject217 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:05 pm #487007

Sign me up for the vertical cut.

Also everything Karp posted.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

User avatar
Qbopper
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Qbopper » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:00 pm #487037

Karp wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Let's start an australian server and call it ozzy


you'd have to enforce banned players only as policy to play on it


karpposting is a blessing
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Qbopper
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Qbopper » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 pm #487038

bandit wrote:
leibniz wrote:I decree that all admins shall be cut in half, increasing their surface area and thus providing more coverage.
As I believe in fairness, each admin may choose between being cut horizontally or vertically.


disemboweling them will increase the surface area even more, the long intestine alone will span an entire station


if you carefully and surgically extract the circulatory and nervous systems you'll get much more coverage

hell if we get someone who can manipulate things on a molecular level you could thanos snap the admin team and spread them out over a very large area
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Karp » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 pm #487043

somerandomguy wrote:I can't tell if this is a joke or not


there was a joke there but i thought it was rude so i censored it but admins can still read it
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:24 pm #487046

deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:26 pm #487047

What would you be randomly inspecting. Admins know everything is logged and if anyone does any abuse on the server and another admin sees you can be sure it would be brought up.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Atlanta-Ned » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 pm #487048

Can’t wait to leave my evening volunteer log diving gig for my night time admin log diving gig to make sure the other admins are log diving enough
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby FloranOtten » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 pm #487051

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Can’t wait to leave my evening volunteer log diving gig for my night time admin log diving gig to make sure the other admins are log diving enough


Of course, we'd have another admin work the Early Morning admin log diving gig to make sure the admin log divers are admin log diving the admins enough
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby oranges » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:00 pm #487053

where are the australian admins where are they

User avatar
Kel
 
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 am
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Kel » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm #487054

oranges wrote:where are the australian admins where are they

inside of this quote
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:29 pm #487063

Rustledjimm wrote:What would you be randomly inspecting. Admins know everything is logged and if anyone does any abuse on the server and another admin sees you can be sure it would be brought up.

read tbe post again you idiot, use some brain cells this time

User avatar
terranaut
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby terranaut » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:18 am #487067

Rustledjimm wrote:Admins know everything is logged and if anyone does any abuse on the server and another admin sees you can be sure it would be brought up.

There have been cases in the past of admins being too retarded ot understand simple game mechanics and straight up abusing other admins of abuse.
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Karp » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:56 am #487073

terranaut wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Admins know everything is logged and if anyone does any abuse on the server and another admin sees you can be sure it would be brought up.

There have been cases in the past of admins being too retarded ot understand simple game mechanics and straight up abusing other admins of abuse.


this is going to be rude so forgive me. Do that one again but in english, alright?
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Qbmax32 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 am #487075

iamgoofball wrote:deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job


Image
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB


angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:20 am #487080

Qbmax32 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job


Image

epic "getting deadminned for not doing your admin job is UNPERSONING" meme bro

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 am.
Reason: Doublepost

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby IkeTG » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:26 am #487082

deplayer goofballs who don't meet activity quotas

User avatar
subject217
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby subject217 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 am #487086

iamgoofball wrote:deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job


mandatory admin johnson inspections every hour on the hour
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby bandit » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 am #487087

Rustledjimm wrote:What would you be randomly inspecting.


johnsons
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Nervere
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Nervere » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:36 am #487089

iamgoofball wrote:deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job

Holy fuck, I choked laughing at this. You’re such a fucking idiot, dude.

User avatar
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Plapatin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:39 am #487090

why was i included in that image though
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose

User avatar
cedarbridge
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby cedarbridge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 am #487092

Kel wrote:
oranges wrote:where are the australian admins where are they

inside of this quote

That's a kiwi though.

User avatar
lmwevil
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby lmwevil » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:44 am #487095

Nervere wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:deadmin admins who don't meet activity quotas

random inspections too

also lol @ arianya being a bitch and threatening to ban players dealing with griefers by hand when their bitch boy useless administration doesn't do it's fucking job

Holy fuck, I choked laughing at this. You’re such a fucking idiot, dude.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

cedarbridge wrote:
Kel wrote:
oranges wrote:where are the australian admins where are they

inside of this quote

That's a kiwi though.

no it's oranges you moron, kiwis have a different colour

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Qbmax32 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:12 am #487102

Plapatin wrote:why was i included in that image though


i already had it downloaded and i was too lazy to go to the forums and get another avatar
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB


angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
TehSteveo
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby TehSteveo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:13 am #487108

The players who did the griefing in the round that spawned this thread were banned. Another admin actually investigated it on the 29th as soon the round ID was given as when I went to look up the players involved, they already got banned, which was helpful considering I was incapacitated the past two days due to throwing my back out.

In situations like these, obviously AdminHelp when an issue happens, if nobody is available to hop on the server during lowpopulation times then escalate that to Discord, if you don't get a response from Supportbus you can DM the headmins. Also more than welcomed to DM me on Discord if a more grevious issue occurs as I'll log dive. Another good alternative is using forum PMs to the admin team. It gets the issue resolved with less drama and peanut posting.
Freedom

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Karp » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:28 am #487116

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
terranaut
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby terranaut » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:12 am #487120

Karp wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Admins know everything is logged and if anyone does any abuse on the server and another admin sees you can be sure it would be brought up.

There have been cases in the past of admins being too retarded ot understand simple game mechanics and straight up abusing other admins of abuse.


this is going to be rude so forgive me. Do that one again but in english, alright?


There have been cases in the past of admins being too retarded to understand simple game mechanics and straight up accusing other admins of abuse.

Sorry it was late at night and I forgot not everyone is able to fill in some gaps with context
Image

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Screemonster » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:09 am #487126

the best thing about this thread is that the incident mythicghost bitched about not being handled like a handful of posts from the start then argued for a solid page about as evidence of WEH NOTHING EVER GETS DONE PEOPLE GRIFFED AND DIDN'T GET BANNED has a ban appeal up for it so the person he's bitching about not getting banned very much did get banned

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby oranges » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 am #487131

oranges wrote:where are the australian admins where are they

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Nabski » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:13 pm #487151

Karp wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Let's start an australian server and call it ozzy


you'd have to enforce banned players only as policy to play on it


Only if the only admins are me and the other people deadmined/didn’t make it through trial are admins there. Welcome to hell.

User avatar
TheMythicGhost
 
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:26 pm
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby TheMythicGhost » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm #487154

Screemonster wrote:the best thing about this thread is that the incident mythicghost bitched about not being handled like a handful of posts from the start then argued for a solid page about as evidence of WEH NOTHING EVER GETS DONE PEOPLE GRIFFED AND DIDN'T GET BANNED has a ban appeal up for it so the person he's bitching about not getting banned very much did get banned


Got to say, love the tone. The players in question only got investigated and subsequently banned because I managed to bring attention to the issue here and an admin investigated it about a day or so after. Karp addressed the concerns I had about dead zone hour grief by confirming the alternative system to my spew of vitriol has already been in planning, and said concerns were further addressed by TheSteveo who informed me that should a request for supportadmin fail in a legitimate case of grief, I can DM headmins for assistance, something I wasn't aware was allowed so I avoided doing in said incident. The case in question wasn't magically caught, as seems to be the implication here.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she


deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.

User avatar
Gigapuddi420
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:55 pm #487158

Got to say, love the tone.

this thread in a nutshell.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Screemonster » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:58 pm #487159

if you don't like the tone I can go a lot worse you simpering fucking quim, go write another ban request disguised as an admincomplaint about it

edit: not you giga you're cool

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby oranges » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:14 pm #487179

LaKiller8 wrote:
oranges wrote:
oranges wrote:where are the australian admins where are they

On TGMC.

GIVE THEM BACK GIVE THEM BACK


WHERE ARE THEY

User avatar
lmwevil
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby lmwevil » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 pm #487217

help LaKiller keeps calling me a stupid squid and trying to poach me

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby BONERMASTER » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 pm #487231

why not make a publicly viewable ban-database, so you can look up and see who got banned and for what reason? From the admin perspective, sure, you might be banning shitters left and right. But from the player's perspective, you keep running into shitters, and naturally wonder, if anything is ever done against them. The database will help to clear that up.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby oranges » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:52 pm #487293

BONERMASTER wrote:why not make a publicly viewable ban-database, so you can look up and see who got banned and for what reason? From the admin perspective, sure, you might be banning shitters left and right. But from the player's perspective, you keep running into shitters, and naturally wonder, if anything is ever done against them. The database will help to clear that up.

lotta arguments about this

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Grazyn » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 am #487374

Goof kinda has a point, but inactive* admins are only a problem if "we already have too many admins" is used as an argument against hiring more admins, which doesn't seem to be the case.

*admins who are obviously active on discord and elsewhere but are not responding to ahelp pings

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby leibniz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 am #487379

Grazyn wrote:Goof kinda has a point, but inactive* admins are only a problem if "we already have too many admins" is used as an argument against hiring more admins, which doesn't seem to be the case.

*admins who are obviously active on discord and elsewhere but are not responding to ahelp pings


This sounds like you are meant to dedicate all your online time to SS13.
You cant really force people to respond to ahelps when they dont want to, even if you did it'd just increase burnout.
I don't think we need to be too hard on unpaid volunteers.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
lmwevil
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby lmwevil » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:54 am #487397

I WILL DEDICATE ALL OF MY LIFE TOWARDS SPESSMENS, I WILL LEARN EVERYTHING AND ROBUST LEXIA BLACK WHILE ALSO ANSWERING TICKETS AT THE SAME TIME

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Grazyn » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:03 am #487405

It's not like being an "unpaid volunteer" is mandatory. I'm just saying that in a HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO where new hirings are blocked because of the already high number of admins, ignoring ahelps from overfilled, unsupervised servers while fucking around on discord should be grounds for demotions so that your spot can be taken by more eager "volunteers".

User avatar
Gigapuddi420
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:30 am #487423

no one is blocking new hires based on the number of admins we have. If anything efforts to find new admins since the ssethtide have picked up. Recruitment is constant because it's well known admins burnout sometimes or their lives require they have less free time. The idea that admins who are online on discord have to answer ahelps is pretty annoying; these people like to chill out or game with friends just as much as our players and not everyone who is currently online on discord is available or willing to jump onto a server and deal with complex ahelps. Even people with the supportmin tag generally have it so when they are available they can better see where help is needed.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby IkeTG » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:36 am #487424

Grazyn wrote:It's not like being an "unpaid volunteer" is mandatory. I'm just saying that in a HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO where new hirings are blocked because of the already high number of admins, ignoring ahelps from overfilled, unsupervised servers while fucking around on discord should be grounds for demotions so that your spot can be taken by more eager "volunteers".

A hypothetical scenario that will not happen, sounds like a complete waste of time to debate.

4dplanner
 
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:51 am
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby 4dplanner » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:39 pm #487431

Gitban any coder who doesn't submit one bugfix per day
Image

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Qbmax32 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:41 pm #487432

1000+ issues, chop chop code monkeys
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB


angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
Sanator
 
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm
Byond Username: Sanator

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Postby Sanator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:55 pm #487435

BONERMASTER wrote:why not make a publicly viewable ban-database, so you can look up and see who got banned and for what reason? From the admin perspective, sure, you might be banning shitters left and right. But from the player's perspective, you keep running into shitters, and naturally wonder, if anything is ever done against them. The database will help to clear that up.

I like this idea.

Also, I would like to know why there isn't a formalized admin application/form people could fill out. As I understand it, currently, it's the admins who choose players they like and ask them to be on the admin team or something like that. Maybe I'm too much of a brainlet to understand.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArcaneDefence