New antagonist policy - repealed

General SS13 Chat
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: New antagonist policy - repealed

Post by Wyzack » #51850

Bottom post of the previous page:

Wait frag, did you really just try to argue that greentexting as a traitor is more important than making a fun round? Do you realize how anti fun that is? Obviously the same does not apply for team based antags, but i have literally never seen someone present that argument for traitor/ling objectives so bald-faced before. I will take the gimmick murder traitor over the magboots>kill time/hide>greentext traitor any day.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #51851

Gimmick murder traitors are literally only fun for security, and while I play security a lot and relish the challenge of a robust traitor, him easily murdering 50 people who weren't even in the way just because he could is totally bogus and you know it
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #51883

please just leave summon rounds alone thats all i want tbh
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill » #51886

Seems like you guys might benefit from a more granular weighting system for antag priority.
Banning is binary: either the player has a zero (0%wt) or non-zero (100%wt) probability.
Might want to implement another 2 states, for example: 50%wt (reduced) and 150%wt (increased).

These could be used to punish and/or reward players for their performance as antag.
For example: player murderbones every antag round --> bunch of notes say "uncreative", "no fun", etc, --> admin applies 50%wt
Or flip side: player RPs and does objectives, improves round --> notes say "use for events", "good RP", etc --> admin applies 150%wt

I'd advise against anything more fine-grained than that (a point system, for example) since it invites abuse.
Would also advise against large differences like 10%wt or 300%wt (that's a class system, not an admin tool).
And needless to say, doing this but not logging it publicly would be a very very bad idea (da metaclub!).

Just food for thought.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #51896

Wild Bill wrote:Seems like you guys might benefit from a more granular weighting system for antag priority.
Banning is binary: either the player has a zero (0%wt) or non-zero (100%wt) probability.
Might want to implement another 2 states, for example: 50%wt (reduced) and 150%wt (increased).

These could be used to punish and/or reward players for their performance as antag.
For example: player murderbones every antag round --> bunch of notes say "uncreative", "no fun", etc, --> admin applies 50%wt
Or flip side: player RPs and does objectives, improves round --> notes say "use for events", "good RP", etc --> admin applies 150%wt

I'd advise against anything more fine-grained than that (a point system, for example) since it invites abuse.
Would also advise against large differences like 10%wt or 300%wt (that's a class system, not an admin tool).
And needless to say, doing this but not logging it publicly would be a very very bad idea (da metaclub!).

Just food for thought.
Doesn't goon have some kind of automated implementation of something like this?
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #51897

fleure wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Seems like you guys might benefit from a more granular weighting system for antag priority.

Just food for thought.
Sorta, but its gamey and tied to kills and SA membership status
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #51909

cedarbridge wrote:
fleure wrote:

Just food for thought.
Sorta, but its gamey and tied to kills and SA membership status
I'm just speaking as a goon mentor but uhh that's not a thing as far as I know in all my years of goon.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #51934

Seeing as this policy has now been repealed and is no longer in effect I'm locking the thread.
If you believe this to be in error please PM.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box