I wrote a shitty ss13 fanfic

General SS13 Chat
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

I wrote a shitty ss13 fanfic

Post by ragevirus » #495989

Quitting Time
The shrieking wind whipped away the last of the ash and fell to its usual murmur. It was safe to go outside. Amid a barren dwarf planet illuminated by rivers of molten stone, a weary shaft miner emerged from the shelter of a bluespace safety pod. Charles Lambo adjusted his gas mask and looked around for the ore crate he abandoned in the storm. Featureless black stone stretched out in all directions, but Charles knew from experience that the crust was innervated with deposits of precious minerals. Charles spotted the storage crate and winced as he stepped over the corpse of a native inhabitant. The ashwalker had caught him by surprise, jabbing relentlessly with a crude spear that left him bleeding where it slipped between the plates of his hardsuit. Charles barely managed to overcome the liazardman and deployed his emergency pod just in time to escape the deadly ash storm.

Hastily wrapped bandages had staunched the worst of the bleeding, but he knew that without real medical assistance he would be lying horizontal soon. Glancing at the valve on his oxygen tank, Charles noted that the tank was nearly depleted. He grimaced, mentally calculating that there was barely enough air left for the long trek back to the mining outpost. Suddenly a monotone robotic voice from his earpiece startled him. "The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes. Nature of emergency: OH GOD OH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK." Charles sighed and muttered, “Guess it’s quitting time.”

Telecommunications had been down for well over an hour. Charles hadn’t heard any radio chatter since then. Thankfully the priority announcement system utilized a bluespace communication array that beamed important messages directly into his brain. Charles briefly wondered why all radio channels didn't use the same technology but dismissed the idea as he realized he was wasting precious oxygen. With one hand on the grip of his trusty proto-kinetic accelerator, Charles dragged the heavy wooden crate through a maze of hacked out rock. Charles trudged onward with grim determination and rounded a bend that opened into a narrow canyon, where he found himself face to face with an ash drake.

Golden eyes blazed as the monster caught the scent of human blood. The massive creature reared, its wingspan stretching the entire width of the canyon. As the drake leapt into the air, Charles instinctively dove forward. The drake crashed down a heartbeat later. Searing flames erupted where the beast touched down and the ore crate exploded in a shower of rare minerals. The drake screeched, tendrils of fire streaming from its nostrils. Charles rose to his feet and found himself trapped between the walls of the canyon. And as the drake lowered its enormous head to charge, Charles knew he was doomed. He thought of his wife and daughter. Wondered if they would ever know he died fighting this alien megafauna. He raised his kinetic accelerator in desperation and fired at the beast, then watched in horror as the current of raw energy flew wide.

The world was consumed by smoke and percussion. Disoriented, Charles rose and found himself on the opposite end of the canyon from where he had entered. Bloody giblets littered the ground where the ash drake had been. It took the dazed miner a moment to notice a newly opened hole in the side of the canyon. He slowly realized that the accelerator blast must have struck a cluster of explosive gibronite ore. Relief quickly turned to panic as Charles felt the light-headedness of oxygen deprivation setting in. He whipped out his survival medipen and stabbed it into his thigh. Epinephrine immediately coursed through his veins and propelled him through rough stone channels toward the mining base. Gasping for breath as he entered the outpost, Charles ripped off his gas mask and leapt into the mining shuttle. As the small craft arrived at the station and docked outside the cargo bay airlock, he received a priority announcement that the evacuation shuttle would depart the station in three minutes. Charles had to cross the entire station, avoiding whatever catastrophe had occurred in order to reach the evacuation bay in time.

Charles hurried through a cargo bay scattered with empty crates and trash but otherwise devoid of life. Entering the main corridor, Charles found the station in a state of chaos. He was immediately assailed by a horrible stench filling the air. Bloody footprints and broken glass littered the hallways. The chaplain stood atop a nearby table, gesticulating madly as he welcomed the apocalypse. Charles dashed past the madman and passed a group of grey-clad assistants kicking the shit out of a weeping clown. The noble entertainer met Charles’ gaze as he passed by, silently begging for help. Charles slowed briefly, but quickly reconsidered as one of the greyshirts menacingly pointed a bloody toolbox in his direction.

Charles ran on, vaulting over the corpses of crewmates he had worked with for years. He rounded a corner just in time to avoid a group of whooping cargo technicians riding motorcycles, circling the main hallway and proclaiming their dominance of the station. As he entered the evacuation bay, Charles slipped and crashed headlong into a glass table. A nearby janitor calmly pointed at a wet floor sign while he mopped the bloody tiles. Cursing the bastard custodian as he scrambled through shards of broken glass, Charles pulled himself the last few meters to the shuttle.

He strapped into an uncomfortable chair just as the shuttle departed. Charles drew a ragged breath and looked around at the lucky few who had managed to escape Space Station 13. A blood-spattered doctor sat across from him staring blankly ahead, her hands trembling in shock. At the rear of the shuttle a scientist wept openly, while a mime sat glumly in the corner and played mournful tune on an accordion. A botanist seated next to Charles shrugged and offered a joint of rainbow-colored cannabis. Accepting the offering, Charles watched a bartender drag a beer keg into the bridge. The department heads were inside reveling drunkenly, brandishing bottles of expensive liquor and throwing credit chips at a dancing catgirl. Charles sighed and sat back as the narcotic smoke filled his lungs.

Charles returned to his tiny apartment in the corporate housing facility. He gave a weary grin as he found his wife tucking their daughter into bed. The young girl’s face lit up when she saw her father. “Papa, you’re home! Will you read me a bedtime story?” Charles patted the girl’s head, horrors of the workday momentarily forgotten. He gently sat beside his wife and child, reaching for the lone book on an otherwise empty shelf. He began to read: “One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood….”
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I wrote a shitty ss13 fanfic

Post by wesoda25 » #495996

I've always thought ss13 would make an incredible movie/book, but especially movie due to the possible visuals one could have. Something about a space station floating along through space, with neither path nor purpose, has always captured my imagination. I remember I'd sit in my backyard on summer nights, looking past the ravine (of sorts) in my backyard and into the night sky, imagining a space station far, far above me. I remember how much I'd yearn to be up there, a moon man free to explore that which has baffled mankind for centuries. Even now I can't convey just how sorely I want that, for me this has become so much more than a game, but a fantasy of sorts. I've taken numerous breaks during my time in this game, and while part of the reason for them is burnout, above all its because I want to reclaim that bright intensity you had in your early days of ss13 (I guess they go hand in hand). I remember playing chef and chemist, with the ambient noises echoing throughout the ship (another sound I associate with my early days is the space music, its so nostalgic). I didn't know anyone then nor did I have any interest in knowing anyone then. I was simply exploring the entire world I'd just stumbled upon.

just some stuff thats been going through my head for a while
[this space reserved]
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #495998

If it was a movie, what mode would be best for it?
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #496000

traitors by a mile
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #496007

Shadowflame909 wrote:If it was a movie, what mode would be best for it?
extended
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #496047

Shadowflame909 wrote:If it was a movie, what mode would be best for it?
probably nuke or traitors, though i could see traitorling being cool
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #496053

Tarkovsky's Solaris is the best portrayal of a late night extremely low pop extended round
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #496099

Grazyn wrote:Tarkovsky's Solaris is the best portrayal of a late night extremely low pop extended round
That movie Passenger was really reminiscent of exploring a 0-pop empty server as an assistant (all the parts before he wakes up the girl), right down to him stealing all access by breaking into airlocks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #496120

lowpop murderbone would make for the best movie hook ngl
drawsstuff
Byond Username: Drawsstuff

Post by drawsstuff » #496136

IkeTG wrote:lowpop murderbone would make for the best movie hook ngl
Only if you took a cheesy 90's spin
Kirby Lore Expert, Incompetent shitposter, and drawfag.
aradsten
Byond Username: Aradsten

Post by aradsten » #505561

IkeTG wrote:lowpop murderbone would make for the best movie hook ngl
Isnt that basicaly every mediocre horror movie?