Space Law and Citations

General SS13 Chat
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Space Law and Citations

Post by angelstarri » #505080

Now that the code supports issuing Citations (fines) to players as a Security player via the Security Records console, how do you think those should apply? Space Law doesn't really have any section that details them, so maybe an update for it is in due need.

Funds from fines paid are transferred (I believe) to the Security account. I was thinking of offering people a chance to either pay a fine or serve time in jail, but it's a bit dodgy right now because there isn't any equivalency between the two. I started with 10 for minor crimes, 20 for medium crimes, 50 for major crimes, with no fines offered for Capital crimes. What do you guys think?

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Space Law and Citations

Post by BeeSting12 » #505112

a 50 credit fine is laughable for crimes such as manslaughter and inciting a riot. minor sounds about right and move medium to about 30 credits.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Pepsi Blue Fan
Byond Username: Pepsi_Blue_Fan

Post by Pepsi Blue Fan » #505121

I can see citations being used for minor crimes and some medium crimes. Major crimes and above? No way they go to The Clink
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #505123

Yeah, just use citations for minor shit you don't want to deal with for long like vandalism. Pricing is down to how security feels but a guideline might help them establish some kind of average base rate. Citations should just be a extra option for a pro-active officers on handling petty crimes; if they want they could price assistants out by charging something like $100 for vandalism but ultimately that just means you're taking the guy to the brig for his normal sentence.

I love the idea of citations so some rich assistant can be like 'I'll pay you $100 to fuck off'. Would make my day.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.