Favorite Job and why

General SS13 Chat
LAB8
Byond Username: LAB8

Favorite Job and why

Post by LAB8 » #53416

Tell me about your favorite job and why you love it.
Earthykiller127

Re: Favorite Job and why

Post by Earthykiller127 » #53418

assistant
gr3yt9t3r lyF4ev
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #53428

LAB8 wrote:Tell me about your favorite job and why you love it.
Mining probably since I can just fuck off on the asteroid and I rarely have to visit the station unless its for dumping ore or getting a diamond drill.
In short, miner master race.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #53448

Definitely depends on how I'm feeling. Typically though if I don't feel like having responsibility I play assistant.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #53451

Robotics or Engineering because BUILD STUFF.

Mostly Robotics cuz I get to do stuff in R&D without worrying about fucking around with wild xenos, or telescience and I get to build actual functional shit. Also I like being able to get people back in the round via Drones and Borgs.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #53464

These days, either warden or HoP.

Warden because I like to feel like a radio dispatch and move sec around the station. (not power hungry... shut up, not even the HoS...)
HoP because I like to be the balance between the crew and the heads/sec?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #53519

Chemist. I can be incredibly useful to the station, mostly ignore my coworker and it's pretty relaxing.

Also I have a good excuse to chloral people who break in. Robust a trespasser anywhere else, and you're likely to get bwoinked.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #53520

borg is the best job because you're not actually obliged to validhunt.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #53530

Miauw wrote:borg is the best job because you're not actually obliged to validhunt.
Actually this too. Playing a friendly/helpful engieborg is actually kinda relaxing. Being the calm in the chaos more often that not.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #53546

You have to ask, but the Head of Security is my favourite role.

I like trying to keep the station afloat and holding some semblance of order. Whenever I spectate rounds I tend to see security in shambles or the head of security acting sub-optimally.

I was drawn to the head of security from my bad experiences as a security officer under, to be frank, bad head of security's. More often than not my superior officers were either incompetent or very slow to react and make a decision. Being a good head of security requires you to not only be robust in combat (or at least smart about it), but also to be intelligent and make snap, but informed, decisions. Time is security's greatest asset and one too many times I would get bogged down in a ten minute debate over some assistant who did a questionable crime with the head of security/captain unwilling or unable to make a good decision, not to mention the interjecting (waste of life) lawyers who always want to drag out a case.

As such I started to play as the head of security to get rid of that annoyance.

People criticise me for being sometimes to harsh, but from my perspective as a security player, I think I get better results and keep people alive.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #53547

Captain/Heads master race.

Nothing feels better to me than a well-run station with happy personnel. My personal goal is to keep things running as long as possible. And that includes organizing activities to prevent evacuation by boredom.

The round I take the most pride in was 5 hours long on a full server and boy, I was busy as hell the entire time :) Had to fire my incompetent heads one after another and replacing them with competent, loyal, hand-picked heads of staff.
Spoiler:
I also love robusting/getting robusted by shithead revs.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #53570

Warden.
You are the difference between shitcurity brigging minor offenses for 10 minutes and being the savior the station needs.
Manage prisoners. Distribute gear as needed. Be the home base Security requires. Depose the HoS when he gets out of control.
Seriously, a decent-minded Warden can make people's lives so much easier.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #53584

Virologist. Nothing like making nearly the entire crew sanic fast while also giving them the ability to regenerate from crit. Or being a major pain in the ass as an antag.

Also I get to work in peace in my own autism fort without a co-worker constantly stepping on my toes.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

Post by Hellafied » #53589

Engineering cause BUILD SHIT and assistant cause FUCK YOU. Robotics is cool cause BIG STOMPY MECHS
Image ImageImage
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #53597

QM, because RULE CARGONIA, CARGONIA RULE THE CRATES.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #53613

Mining and RD
RD -
*Head level access
*Access to the most powerful shit on the station
*Can make the station a better place with upgrades
*Free Nightvision huds for all
*Dependable as fuck
Miner-
*Watch as science breaks down without me giving minerals
*Only hunt goliaths for OP armor
*Artifact rooms and admin prays for goodies
*Free hardsuit
*Blessed tier mining.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #53698

Lawyer is nice:

- suit access
- brig access
- sec radio access
- zero responsibilities
- can yell at people (be they sec or greytide)
- great position to be an unlikely hero and save the station
- great position to be a villain and have an advantage over sec (easy to break into armory, easy to keep tabs on sec)
- can steal traitor items from evidence
- can ask the HoS for pepperspray and help out in interrogations (spray in the face WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR spray in the face I KNOW JOHN ISN'T YOUR REAL NAME)
- can confiscate chemistry pills for not having a license to name their drugs Tricordrazine ® ™ ℠ ©
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #53747

Clown. Because HONK
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #53767

On a more serious note, shaft miner because:
-You're literally the Santa of the station, throwing plasma at dem bitches (read: scientists) and flooding engineering with metal
-You have a buttload of iron to mine, resulting in the endless cycle of this:
Image + Image/Image = Image + furnace.png = Image =
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #53775

An autism fort.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #53776

DemonFiren wrote:An autism fort.
The *perfect* defense against shitcurity
I couldn't find a better image but you get the idea.
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #53778

DemonFiren wrote:An autism fort.
psssh, now THIS is an autism fort.
Cardboard box forts when?
Papsmear pls make it happen.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #53882

mikecari wrote:<awful cardboard fort>
You call that an autism fort?

Engineering of any form is clearly the best job.
Spoiler:

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #53933

Braincake wrote:
Spoiler:
Livin' on the edge.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #53942

Janitor.
The job with all the responsibility yet also none of it. Very easy to go "missing" as tator janitor and have no one notice.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #54675

I have three main favorites:

Bartender: Because you have no real responsibilities, and because 90% of the time people who come to the bar are fucking hilarious. I love hearing the stories the drunk people at the bar tell, and the ridiculous shit that happens in the Maltese Falcon. When I want to just relax, and watch people do entertaining dumb shit, I play Bartender.

HoP: Because it's one of the few head jobs where you literally can just sit in your office all day, considering it your office is your job. Also, giving out IDs with discretion is really easy, "do they have a good reason to have certain access? No? Then next in line please" "Is the station under a huge threat? Yes? well then start handing out access to those who need it". As one who doesn't really like to leave their work-space, HoP is one of my favorites.

QM: Because it has the right mix of action and responsibilities for me. There's enough to do so that you don't get bored, but at the same time there's not so much to do that you get mobbed, and most of the time you're not in the direct line of action, so you're pretty safe. Also Cargonia is best nation.
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #57156

AI: Handle the station, be loved and feared, help people and do cool stuff.

Brotanist: Be a bro to the chef.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #57163

Mime,
Play it right and you can get away with just about anything apart from murder, and just get the response "Daww it's just the mime!".
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #57165

Comrade Leo wrote:Mime,
Play it right and you can get away with just about anything apart from murder, and just get the response "Daww it's just the mime!".
Sometimes I literally just break in to places and sit at a desk, as the mime. I am entirely harmless and crew are usually pretty cool with it when I just act cute.

I like robotics if I want something engaging, building stompies and tearing brains out is always fun, but I find it stressful if it's busy. Megalomaniac RDs also bug me far too much, as do useless miners.

If I want a relaxing round, I'll just go barkeep. I like making an interesting array of drinks and distributing nuka-cola if I nab some Uranium, and it's nice being more social sometimes.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #57170

-Chef: because people are mostly nice, brotanist are always there for you, and if you're kind in return, only awesome can come of it (come on, offering them their preferred dish should be the barest minimal)
-AI: It's quite the opposite from the fairly autistic chef (Seriously, most of the time I only learn of nuke ops as a chef because Delta is declared) you touch everything, and make a big part on the main events in the round. Being blindly asimov does get boring from time to time, so when my laws are strange or get subverted, I take the chance to try to be original, rather than taking it as an excuse for murderboners.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #57179

Captain.

Because even though you are theoretically responsible for everything, all you really have to do is secure the disc in some way (whether that be sticking it in your pocket or telling the clown to hide it) and after that your free to do pretty much anything you want.

I usually just stay on the bridge watching the computers, run a gimmick, or actually roleplay. Its actually a very relaxing job once you learn to delegate issues to your inferiors and stop trying to do everything yourself.

Unless its rev or nuke ops.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #57238

Loonikus wrote:Captain.

Because even though you are theoretically responsible for everything, all you really have to do is secure the disc in some way (whether that be sticking it in your pocket or telling the clown to hide it) and after that your free to do pretty much anything you want.

I usually just stay on the bridge watching the computers, run a gimmick, or actually roleplay. Its actually a very relaxing job once you learn to delegate issues to your inferiors and stop trying to do everything yourself.

Unless its rev or nuke ops.
An important thing to note is that you need to know how to at least do the basics of each department, especially being able to set up the engine. On the off chance there is no engineering staff it is 100% your responsibility to ensure the station receives power, and you will not always find someone able to do it for you
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #57240

Medical Doctor - people-focused, high-energy job. Rush to crises, heal people, be on the frontlines, make a positive change. Revive rooms full of people a few steps behind the murderhobo who downed them seconds before. Have an excuse to be pretty much anywhere. Keep the whole damn station alive.

And piss off security, which is always a bonus.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #57252

It definitely depends on my level of motivation/effort/energy on that particular day.

Can't Be Arsed/Adminning Heavily: Atmospherics Technician is that perfect blend of lots of gameplay, a special place and special gear, potential usefulness, and yet usually doing exactly nothing and never expected to do anything. Virologist is kind of similiar but I feel more obligated to grind out useful virii there so Atmos tech wins the 'low effort' slot. Special mention for the Janitor, I actually enjoy cleaning the station idk.

Actually Playing The Game: Warden is my favorite Security job for similar reasons; you end up doing a lot, and you have access to interesting gameplay, but it's somehow lower stress than a regular officer's work. Even if you have to manage flailing, screaming men-children and syndicate bomb explosions in your precious armory. Also, AI is a lot of fun once you understand how things kinda work, and if you're willing to pay attention and not just drift off. HoP master race, yo.

Bring It On/Rare Challenges: Captain and HoS are also both things I enjoy, very occasionally. Played delegation-heavy to avoid being totally overwhelmed, ofc, and doing random things most don't like handing off the soap to the poor Janitor or giving out medals when people do cool things. Don't usually run gimmicks unless 'not being a jerk' counts, which it probably does.

I also like Engineering but I've set up that damn engine so many times, I end up never wanting to do it nowadays and pick other jobs. But CE is ultra-cool.
Comrade Leo wrote:Mime,
Also totally true. Even if what the Mime/Clown etc is doing breaks the law, as long as they're not being shitlers about it or ruining somebody's round I (as a sec player or admin) couldn't care less.
RIP
rook

Post by rook » #57348

I usually go assistant because it's really really really REALLY fun and once you're a hale and hearty hooligan like me you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it's within boundaries. Sometimes I roll engineering or some denomination of medical if I feel like actually doing something because they both have a pretty high capacity for fun. I don't like security so much because I used to just get angry when I played it and also security sucks.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #57355

Station engineer/AI.
AI is just super fun, controlling half the station and watching shit go down without being part of it.
Engineer for when I feel like getting a suit on and making something to impress the crew.
I play Boris Pepper.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

Post by Hellafied » #67181

Assistant
Break into EVA then walk out past a sec officer likeImage
Image ImageImage
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #67189

mattroks101 wrote:I have three main favorites:

Bartender: Because you have no real responsibilities, and because 90% of the time people who come to the bar are fucking hilarious. I love hearing the stories the drunk people at the bar tell, and the ridiculous shit that happens in the Maltese Falcon. When I want to just relax, and watch people do entertaining dumb shit, I play Bartender.

HoP: Because it's one of the few head jobs where you literally can just sit in your office all day, considering it your office is your job. Also, giving out IDs with discretion is really easy, "do they have a good reason to have certain access? No? Then next in line please" "Is the station under a huge threat? Yes? well then start handing out access to those who need it". As one who doesn't really like to leave their work-space, HoP is one of my favorites.

QM: Because it has the right mix of action and responsibilities for me. There's enough to do so that you don't get bored, but at the same time there's not so much to do that you get mobbed, and most of the time you're not in the direct line of action, so you're pretty safe. Also Cargonia is best nation.
Best tastes confirmed. Also my favorite rolls for the same reasons. I might put Detective or Captain as a fourth and fifth in that order.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #67213

Warden.

I don't have to move around much (good for when I have to briefly go afk, which happens fairly often), while still being an important role, that can actively improve the round.
A good warden can watch sensors and cameras, to keep a good idea of what's going on. They can direct the rest of sec around as needed, relay information, distribute gear when needed, and protect and run the brig.

Seriously, just running the brig, during more busy rounds is such a huge benefit to the rest of security. Security officers are supposed to be out in the station, patrolling, keeping the crew safe and robusting criminal scum. Without a competent warden, they have to waste a lot of time after arrests processing and brigging people, who then later need to be let out of the brig. With a good warden, sec officers can bring people in, explain their crimes, and leave - the warden takes care of the rest. This also means that there is one person who has a good handle of all the crimes that are going on/repeat offenders etc. This means the warden can know when to let people off with a warning for minor shit, or to gulag them because they're repeat shitters.

Also a good warden makes the HoS's job way easier, as they don't have to be micromanaging the brig and constantly relaying over radio, they can instead be busy leading from the front, as space jesus intended them to.

And finally, when everything goes to shit, most of sec are dead or MIA, the warden is typically the last guy left sitting on his ass standing. He also happens to be sitting in an armory full of guns and gear.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #67329

cargotech or shaft miner
someone has to do the paperwork, after all
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #67353

Dicking around: Clown. I do what I want when I want and when I get bored or need to do something else I just commit suicide creatively or throw myself into danger willy nilly. Being a traitor clown is awesome, some of my favorite rounds have been when I'm a traitor clown and I use my powers for good as The Owl and join security to fight the forces of darkness.

Actually playing: AI or botanist. I don't find either particularly energy consuming and I can effectively help the round progress as both.

Ready to rumble: CMO. I'm not too familiar with the new medical changes so it's been a while, but sometimes when you have the right medical team being CMO can feel the most rewarding. Not to mention I love the challenge of rev rounds as CMO.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #67355

QuartzCrystal wrote:I use my powers for good as The Owl
> not playing The Owl as a mime
The Owl hoots. HOOT HOOT
Image Image Image
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #67372

assistant cause i can kill whoever i want
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #67531

Research Director, because no other job gives you that much of a crazy scientist vibe.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #67563

AI, because in addition to having loads of power and ability to change the round, you can do it differently in any given round. You can pick your own personality at the start and then work from there, you can put as much or as little effort in as you want (within reason, you've still gotta open doors) and sometimes other people (Captains uploading laws, borgs being just great) can make the round even better. Plus having your own borgs is like running a department where the staff actually typically listen to you and care about what you want them to do (kind of like I assume HOS is from that one time I played it).

Medical Doctor is fun, you have a pretty chilled time most of the shift and then when you want to you can go and heal people. In high intensity crises it's really great: MD is the best job to do when there's a blob, for example. There's probably a bit too much standing around for most of the time but when you're in the mood for that it's the perfect job because there are normally a bunch of people in medbay to talk to.

Security Officer is just a good mix of these two: it's quite high stress and very busy but when you get it right and have a good team with you then there's nothing better. My favourite moments in this game have all been playing as a security officer, whether winning or losing. Mostly I don't think anything beats gearing up with a few other officers and murdering the hell out of a cult base full of constructs and cultists.
FredNodoor
Byond Username: Anonwizard404

Post by FredNodoor » #67567

My favorite job is Mining

Its so calm from most of the other jobs to be honest and its fun to help almost every part of the station with your minerals (and make a baller escape lounge)
My only dream is a world without mimes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67571

Mining is like viro, except useful.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #67869

Say that to my face as I run laps around you with endless stimulant, heal wounds slowly but surely with toxic comp/filter, manifest random superpowers (okay that one's helpfulness is debatable at best) and heal my eye damage as well as any other, actually harmful, diseases I may contract. Within half an hour at most. And the entire crew's doing it too in a logarithm of help-ed-ness where every super-sanic step and every punch healed is an extension of a Virologist doing their job

Uh, one single answer is tough since I have different modes of playing.

Don't want to do anything: Atmos Tech. So much cool stuff to play with, and nobody ever expects you to do a damn thing. So either you fuck around without consequence, or you're actually helpful and people are pleasantly surprised.
Okay I'll try: Virologist, Janitor, QM/Tech. Roles that certaiinly aren't necessary for anybody to Win most times but you can be helpful and appease your inner fake-autism. Janitor's particularly fun.
Rock and roll bby: AI. I'm the god of this world, and although I'm bound to help you like a genie, I'd be helpful anyhow even if I were to get purged. So much to do, but it's hard to get bored unless it's really lowpop.
BRING IT ON: Captain/HoS. I can't explain to you why I find these roles fun, I must just be a damaged person. Captain especially is fun if you go into hyper-delegation mode and just yell at people to put out that fire/clown/bomb rather than suffering to actually do it yourself.

Bottom two obviously preclude much adminning even if I wanted to, but Atmos Tech is also ideal for being adminned since you could vanish for 20 minutes having an argument with a grifflord in PMs and nothing would ever change.
RIP