28%

Total votes: 94

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Poll to revert the medical changes.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #512825

Bottom post of the previous page:

re-add miasma and allow people to stuff masks with poppies so they don't die from the black plague the rats in maint cause
► Show Spoiler
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #512974

That margin is fairly insane, but of course it's just people hating it for no reason.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #513021

TheMythicGhost wrote:That margin is fairly insane, but of course it's just people hating it for no reason.
- orange guy, 2019
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #513083

TheMythicGhost wrote:
oranges wrote:you should flesh out the mechanics a bit more, but some good ideas so far.
Oh right:

Herbal Tea Therapy,
Acupuncture,
Applying Annointed Oil to a person's forehead in the shape of a cross to exorcise demons that cause sickness.
you're joking but this would be cool
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #513085

IkeTG wrote:
TheMythicGhost wrote:
oranges wrote:you should flesh out the mechanics a bit more, but some good ideas so far.
Oh right:

Herbal Tea Therapy,
Acupuncture,
Applying Annointed Oil to a person's forehead in the shape of a cross to exorcise demons that cause sickness.
you're joking but this would be cool
giving the chaplain alternative medicine would make him even more based, but possibly OP
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #513086

Disease progression is slower in the chaplain

If he orders the plague-doctor outfit from his roundstart armor device, then he has 100% bio immunity

He can give moodlet boosts with acupuncture and temporarily increase medicine processing to make healing faster

open up your chakras gamer
► Show Spoiler
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #513101

chemistry could make incense for the chaplain to use to heal people with thoughts and prayers
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #513108

IkeTG wrote:chemistry could make incense for the chaplain to use to heal people with thoughts and prayers
And if anyone with the alternative/holistic medicines use a vaccine, they get autism.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #513121

If there's one thing I like about this change, and it's about the only thing, it's the fact MD's have more incentive to do surgery
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #513151

Recurracy wrote:If there's one thing I like about this change, and it's about the only thing, it's the fact MD's have more incentive to do surgery
It just sucks that surgery is useless at curing a lot of really bad problems, like DNA damage, toxin damage, oxyloss, and non-organ-related organ damages such as hardcoded deafness from explosions.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #513440

Sandshark808 wrote:It just sucks that surgery is useless at curing a lot of really bad problems, like DNA damage, toxin damage, oxyloss, and non-organ-related organ damages such as hardcoded deafness from explosions.
Well, technically Salbutamol and Pentetic dot aht job, although i admit depedning on pentetic as teh onyl source of poison heals is dangeorus, since it purges everything out.
The whole cell damage debacle is a real problem though; carpotoxin is a hard resource to come by (Koi beans are a mutated plant, and Botany rarely spends time on it),
which emans cell damage is a real headache. A chem taht heals cell but applies some sort of secondary effect would be acceptable as a substitute, to ensure cell damage
has at least some way to be cured, evne if it's sub-optimal.

Also, chaplain's bible is a good heal, specially if the Chemist is smart and has made mannitol, or if the virologist has made a mind restore. Now, ont aht alternative medicine thing...
one thing that could be done is a way to remove deep-rooted traumas (With a secondary effect, maybe damage), which absoltuely require lobotomy otherwise.
We can't assume there will be a doctor on every shift; so an alternative (While it must be made worse than the medical option) MUST exist.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #513613

Calomel wrote:Also, chaplain's bible is a good heal, specially if the Chemist is smart and has made mannitol, or if the virologist has made a mind restore. Now, ont aht alternative medicine thing...
one thing that could be done is a way to remove deep-rooted traumas (With a secondary effect, maybe damage), which absoltuely require lobotomy otherwise.
We can't assume there will be a doctor on every shift; so an alternative (While it must be made worse than the medical option) MUST exist.
Anyone can perform a lobotomy if they can break into the surgery room. You can even do a ghetto lobotomy (I think?) but I wouldn't recommend it.
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #513704

New chems suck. Anyone who thinks the current state of things are fine, try actually using them on someone and getting lynched like what nearly happened to me when I was trying to use this trash *the way you're supposed to*. Don't have time to do surgery one at a time when 10+ people come pouring into medical. Current meta is to just dump out all the faks out in the lobby, build a bunch of medbots that can do surgery better / faster than a human player, and throw anyone seriously injured into the cyro pod. Chem just makes pentectic acid and cyro chems then just buggers off doing whatever.

Enjoyed the balance after sleeper removal but this is getting silly. Much less engaging then it was before stabilizing people on the stasis beds and pumping them full of a cocktail. Makes it even more ridiculous that half the other dept's are better at healing with chems then actual chemistry.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #513752

mstachife wrote:New chems suck. Anyone who thinks the current state of things are fine, try actually using them on someone and getting lynched like what nearly happened to me when I was trying to use this trash *the way you're supposed to*. Don't have time to do surgery one at a time when 10+ people come pouring into medical. Current meta is to just dump out all the faks out in the lobby, build a bunch of medbots that can do surgery better / faster than a human player, and throw anyone seriously injured into the cyro pod. Chem just makes pentectic acid and cyro chems then just buggers off doing whatever.

Enjoyed the balance after sleeper removal but this is getting silly. Much less engaging then it was before stabilizing people on the stasis beds and pumping them full of a cocktail. Makes it even more ridiculous that half the other dept's are better at healing with chems then actual chemistry.
My feelings exactly. Using trekchems with no sleepers made things interesting for chem and allowed a lot of active play by doctors. You could have strong chems in patches and run around to where the action is to try to do triage and EMT work, actually helping the crew against xenos/blob/nukies and succeeding.