That fucking Summer Ball

General SS13 Chat
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

That fucking Summer Ball

Post by Reeeee » #509775

Post what happened. Or don't.

Apparently I got ghosted for existing near sec when I asked sec to allow me to buy sec clothes from sec vendor in search of simple grey jumpsuit, lagspike happened and game closed and Byond won't now reconnect me to the Summer Ball.
The End.

I think ball was a great success held within highest standard on TG.

How was yours?
signnatrire
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: That fucking Summer Ball

Post by wesoda25 » #509777

I played for 10 minutes, met a few friends but didn’t see most, and disconnected cause my dogs wanted attention.
[this space reserved]
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #509778

I made it into security, they had me cuffed and then was banned with the reason of "fuck off".
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #509780

Nabski wrote:I made it into security, they had me cuffed and then was banned with the reason of "fuck off".
Neat.
Wonder if there was actually some rule in play or was it just admins having fun for no raisin.
Paid zero attention.
signnatrire
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #509783

I greytided as hard as I could.

I destroyed 1 statue and got deleted. Admeme said he would ban me because "why am I destroying things" (in the main hallway where everyone was destroying things).

I respawn, everyone is punching each other of course, greytide a bit. I find a severed foot and start punching people with it because ">he punched your left foot with the right foot" is hilarious

Deleted again

Then server instantly crashed. Probably as god's punishment for admemes not being any fun.
Iron, blood and spider armies
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #509787

play stupid games win stupid prizes, if you're told not to grief and you do, then it's natural selection doing its best.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #509788

Here are all the summer ball secrets that I find worthy of being noted
Monkey Island. Gorilla named Ape Atoll. Desc is "A gorilla on a monkey island, suffering from monkey madness."
No official name. Cats and one slime.
Cookroom. Snow-Luc Price from Snowdin. A forbidden meat fridge with human meat and such. Multiple food items that are player references.
Part of a monty python reference. Names are: King Korthur, Bedehead the Hunter, Patsy, Perkival, Medigana, Guinervore, Elanc Aott, Sir Galahardy the Robust, Merlin the Normal
Part of a monty python reference. Incredibly Deadly Rabbit. 2500 health. 15-25 damage. Dropped a gold trophy when killed.
Rave Crabs. Amusingly, desc was "BANNERLORD WILL NEVER COME OUT" for them.
gondolas and bee plushies.
Honkbot.
Corgi Sacrifice Chamber. Nothing special was intended to happen by map design if you killed Ian in it. Maybe an admin would do something though.
Getaway Boat near brig. Desc was "We must've been through this plan 50 times already.<br> And we'll go through it another 50 if that's what it takes!"
Credits plaque. Credits Citrusgender for original event. Credits Nervere for holding the current event. Credits Oranges for coding for the event. Credits Jerry Derpington, MMMiracles, BeeSting12, CAPTTLasky, Nalzul, Niknak, and Mrfluff for mapping. Credits Bella Rouge for making the postcard
Nothing Secret here. Just wanted to show you guys the cool lava bar that MMMiracles made.
The map itself
Those are all I cared to document. Anything else is relatively minor.
Last edited by Ayy Lemoh on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #509791

The map was incredible, I spent a bunch of time just exploring and I kept finding new stuff

Chatted, took pictures, shenanigans were had, overall a great time

Icing on the cake for me was I managed to get the hoverboards merged just in time and seeing everyone having so much fun with them made me so happy
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #509792

Here's some pictures of my ball experience
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #509794

i only saw the erp dens and rave crabs before i had to go
[this space reserved]
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #509798

wesoda25 wrote:i only saw the erp dens and rave crabs before i had to go
Fun fact: Each bunga hut (except silicon, ian, and bong one) had an id of NikNakErpDen<NUMBER>. This is because he called previous summer ball dorm rooms "erp dens"
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #509801

it was a good ball

sucks that we couldn't get it started immediately but I had a good time
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #509811

wubli wrote:play stupid games win stupid prizes, if you're told not to grief and you do, then it's natural selection doing its best.
Let people have fun. If people want serious RP, there are other places other than the central hall where everyone was fighting. It wasn't like I was trying to toolbox people to death, I hit em with a severed foot lol.
Iron, blood and spider armies
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #509927

I didn't even bother to ahelp people who were acting like assnuggets. Like the one guy on security that flashbanged me while I was dealing with Lola at least 10 times in a row while I had NVGs on. That made my character so irreversibly blind that the heal staff didn't even fully cure it, and an admin had to force respawn me.

Overall, had an okay experience. Signed up as security. Kind of helped fight off the great greytide that tried to storm the brig 2 minutes in, then went around and talked to some familiar statics. Tazed a few people who were being rude as heck. Kept healstaffing someone that jumped into lava to suicide. Played a couple rounds of cards against spessmen. Rode around on a swoop so fast I accidentally hit some lava and almost died. Got carpet bombed by forementioned shitcurity. Then after I got respawned, the event ended and I watched reality die.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/471888215## If you have a couple hours to kill and are really bored, you can watch the VOD of me streaming the ball. Not exciting gameplay, and I was kind of lost and didn't get up to much of interest. My commentary also isn't particularly thrilling, but hey! If you missed the ball, I guess you could take part and enjoy it in spirit?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #510079

I thought the map was actually too big for the movespeed.
lava still maybe shoulda had a fence or something, imagine if respawns were not on.
security didn't actually help people and just caused more fights. admins were enough.