ITT: We post exploitable character weaknesses

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

ITT: We post exploitable character weaknesses

Post by Shadowflame909 » #511862

Call my static Owen Pimple and you'll most definitively egg him on into violence

So if you're a syndie looking to get me to box you in dorms 1. Just call me owen pimple to get that assasination started
► Show Spoiler
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: ITT: We post exploitable character weaknesses

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #512054

Shadowflame909 wrote:Call my static Owen Pimple and you'll most definitively E gg him on into violence

So if you're a syndie looking to get me to box you in dorms 1. Just call me owen pimple to get that assasination started
A few days ago CentCom called you Pimple on Terry but you did nothing
SHAME
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #512057

How the hell am I supposed to fight admins

Ordom 1v1 me on terry in the thunderdome please
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #512071

Just deadmin them shadow
[this space reserved]
TrumpetPlaya
Byond Username: HRTSultan

Post by TrumpetPlaya » #512116

owen pimple is the biggest bitch i have ever played with
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #512117

say this to me ic in the rage cage
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #512120

unless i need to wear a hardsuit or something im always dressed in the monkey suit
i cannot count the amount of times i've read "monkey suit fibers on the firing range door" through my stolen sec headset
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #512124

When playing as an important yet expendable head role such as the HoP/Captain I tend to roleplay as a foolishly naive man who believes he's the emperor of the station and the crew are his loving subjects. As such I will hang out in public areas for extended periods of time, accept and consume just about anything that is offered to me so long as it's not blatantly labelled as poison, and believe just about anything that is told to me. Basically all but asking to be dragged into maintenance and murdered.

So if you're an antagonist and recognize my static name of the month feel free to offer me lethally poisoned donuts, drag my body away for discreet murder when I inevitably pass out from getting trashed at the bar, and lie like a rug when I catch you doing shady shit. I do this to facilitate more fun and don't mind dying for muh RP.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #512132

As any head role I don’t fucking care what happens and especially don’t care as captain and this leads me to such activities as cooking food in the kitchen as cap on rev rounds, etc. As sec I similarly don’t care and as of late I try and leave opportunities for antags to get back into the round simply to make things more interesting, so long as they aren’t cunts. So my exploitable character weakness is that if you aren’t a faggot, I probably might maybe not make things easier on you as an antag.
[this space reserved]
Reece1995
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece1995 » #512281

As the only faggot who plays Devil on Bagel I will never ever, ever, ever try and kill you unless you attack me first, I will always answer dance off challenges, music challenges or cooking competitions and I'll try my best to get you extra shit you ask for rather than the standard devil deals.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #512319

Who's Owen pimple
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #512323

i'm a borg main
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #512324

I also have a habit of never using conventional healing or medbay and eating mice for sustenance. A poisoned mouse would probably get me.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #512333

Kill Wumpus while he's typing.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Reece1995
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece1995 » #512337

SaveVatznick wrote:Kill Wumpus while he's typing.
The amount of times I've walked up to my target and asked them for directions and then just revolvered them in the head makes me sad.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #512350

that sounds like a you problem.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #512356

Reece1995 wrote:
SaveVatznick wrote:Kill Wumpus while he's typing.
The amount of times I've walked up to my target and asked them for directions and then just revolvered them in the head makes me sad.
Nobody says you can't do that but I can just tell you that exploiting the games biggest limitation but core mechanic like that is a notorious 'absolute cunt' indicator and people who do it are bad for the game. Just shoot the bastard don't use the worst crutch we have because nobody can work out how to implement movement and talking.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #512357

I mean it's not like it's unrealistic to be caught off guard when somebody pulls a gun on you while you're mid-sentence
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #512358

If an antag tries to talk their way out of something/talk me into a trap no matter how obvious they are about it I will play along to reward creativity
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
MGP
Byond Username: PME

Post by MGP » #512373

I play as Nick Continent, frequently as Security/Captain.

- I am generally trusting of other people, and if you can plausibly lie (especially if there is no evidence) I will 99% of the time trust you and be very lenient. If you lie and I find out though there won't be much mercy afterwards.

- The more that is going on, the more likely it is I will ignore whatever misdeeds you have done. I tend to focus on a few dangerous threats rather than wasting time on every single person set to wanted. You can get away with quite a lot of things simply because I'd rather someone else deal with it and dealing with you takes too much time.

So basically create chaos and lie.
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #512390

If you're helpful and compliant I wont give you as severe a sentence

If you don't act like a shitter I won't give you as severe a sentence

If you act like you intend to help me I won't give you as severe a sentence

If you help me against another antag I will actively help you if I don't know you're going to kill someone else

The more chaotic the situation the more I care about you fucking around with me. If you're doing shit while I'm trying to stop an antag I will probably go after you first.

I always attempt to use non-lethal methods to capture someone if they haven't used lethals/stuns back.

90% of the time I know you're an antag based on your behavior but if you don't give me evidence that you are one/are a shitter I will never give you a permanent sentence

If I get downed I will always try to call for backup so if you can down me and mute me you will win the fight.

I generally investigate as many callouts for antags as I can but if I get a false report I'll come after you, so use the first callout as a way to kill me.

If you tell me that one of my officers has been a shitter to you, I will likely forgive you much, much easier.

My fellow officers are generally my greatest weakness - if you use their lack of knowledge to come after me I will kill you because I know that the most dangerous thing to security is infighting.

I never carry tools on my person unless a situation earlier called for it.

I never wear a hardsuit unless it was needed earlier.

I normally use my left hand to fire my weapon

I never have a gas mask on unless I need it.

I'm a bad shot with a disabler and will generally try to go in for a stun.

I almost always try to talk to people I arrest, and I'm most vulnerable while performing a search.

I'm never going to fight multiple people unless I'm assaulting a base with sec. Ganging up on me without tipping me off is a great way to kill me.

I'm generally subservient outside authority if they have a decent reason to jump in - Getting the Captain on your side is a quick way to get me to either rebel and create chaos or take a step back and stop doing my job if I don't have a good opportunity to kill you.

Having multiple people as character witnesses to your activity who are willing to socially defend you when you're arrested will always make me second guess myself, which is your opening to get released - sometimes without a search.

I treat reports of shittery worse than I take reports of antagonism. If you report that your target is being a shitter and someone else is in agreement, it's a great way to put them in a position where you know they will be (Perma, gulag, or dead)

If I search you and you don't have anything on you that would indicate that you're a bad person, I will almost always let you go and take you off my mental list of suspects. Stash all of your gear somewhere safe and get arrested on purpose to reset the clock.
Ayebee123
Byond Username: Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #512407

three things

1. slap me, at any costs i will try slap you back, even if it leads to maintenance
2. "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ORDER BEES GET THEM AWAY FROM ME"
3. "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE AWAY MY FLASHLIGHT GIVE IT BACK IM SCARED OF THE DARK"
[insert funny stuff here]

i play the guy who's scared of bees and the dark, also known as Abe Merc.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #512435

try to kill me in some obnoxiously obvious way like straight up grab a stool and start gunning it I'll be astounded by your stupidity and won't react seriously to the threat upon my life, forgetting that nobody has a brain large enough to stop an attacker except for the defender.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #512440

Spoiler:
John_Gobbel wrote:If you're helpful and compliant I wont give you as severe a sentence

If you don't act like a shitter I won't give you as severe a sentence

If you act like you intend to help me I won't give you as severe a sentence

If you help me against another antag I will actively help you if I don't know you're going to kill someone else

The more chaotic the situation the more I care about you fucking around with me. If you're doing shit while I'm trying to stop an antag I will probably go after you first.

I always attempt to use non-lethal methods to capture someone if they haven't used lethals/stuns back.

90% of the time I know you're an antag based on your behavior but if you don't give me evidence that you are one/are a shitter I will never give you a permanent sentence

If I get downed I will always try to call for backup so if you can down me and mute me you will win the fight.

I generally investigate as many callouts for antags as I can but if I get a false report I'll come after you, so use the first callout as a way to kill me.

If you tell me that one of my officers has been a shitter to you, I will likely forgive you much, much easier.

My fellow officers are generally my greatest weakness - if you use their lack of knowledge to come after me I will kill you because I know that the most dangerous thing to security is infighting.

I never carry tools on my person unless a situation earlier called for it.

I never wear a hardsuit unless it was needed earlier.

I normally use my left hand to fire my weapon

I never have a gas mask on unless I need it.

I'm a bad shot with a disabler and will generally try to go in for a stun.

I almost always try to talk to people I arrest, and I'm most vulnerable while performing a search.

I'm never going to fight multiple people unless I'm assaulting a base with sec. Ganging up on me without tipping me off is a great way to kill me.

I'm generally subservient outside authority if they have a decent reason to jump in - Getting the Captain on your side is a quick way to get me to either rebel and create chaos or take a step back and stop doing my job if I don't have a good opportunity to kill you.

Having multiple people as character witnesses to your activity who are willing to socially defend you when you're arrested will always make me second guess myself, which is your opening to get released - sometimes without a search.

I treat reports of shittery worse than I take reports of antagonism. If you report that your target is being a shitter and someone else is in agreement, it's a great way to put them in a position where you know they will be (Perma, gulag, or dead)

If I search you and you don't have anything on you that would indicate that you're a bad person, I will almost always let you go and take you off my mental list of suspects. Stash all of your gear somewhere safe and get arrested on purpose to reset the clock.
You are a great officer, yes
Once I tried hacking into a sec post. I only got the panel down and some guy saw that and arrested me, brought me in, I told you that I was trying to repair the door and you let me go

Also if you don't act like a murderboner/validhunter or just a shitter(pulling an empty locker around or the cakehat) I will more likely give you less time in brig or don't give any time at all
And I ask first shoot later
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #512448

When I'm detective I will absolutely shoot first and ask later if things look hairy. Make sure the other guy gets shot first so you can blame the fight on him while he's unconscious.
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #512462

I rarely carry a weapon, and occasionally run pacifism, so typically I will just stun and run than actually murder you.

If I am the RD, CE or CMO and it is a revolution you can literally ask me to head to lavaland and I will, I aint paid enough to deal with revs.

If you try to convert me into cult I will suicide in the split second that I still have control before I am kicked to ghost. I dont give a fuck if I get regular banned for it, Fuck bloodcult as a mode and fuck conversion modes.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #512470

If you offer me loot as bait for a trap i will fall for it nine times out of ten.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #512478

If I'm doing xenobio and you ask me for any slime or crossbreed I will make it for you unless I'm dead or you were a dick to me that round.

Also I'm super paranoid of getting jumped while doing xeno so I always try to have an oil slime so I can suicide bomb whoever's breaking down my door.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #512504

If you tell me (x) antagonist is at a location and "we should go fight them", you can easily ambush me because I'll go there to try and kill it.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #512535

thats not a character weakness thats being a validhunter
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #512536

I use stupid names and outfits when and antag because I like to get the cham kit and agent card most rounds so I can be like a supervillain. If you see some someone in some articles of clothing you've not seen before and with a name like 'h' 'DRINK WATER', you're probably either looking at a wizard or you're looking at me as an antag being flippantly blatant about it.

If you do see me doing that I'm also probably going postal and will likely try and kill you so get ready to stand your ground?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #512542

confused rock wrote:thats not a character weakness thats being a validhunter
confused rock is right
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #512556

None of my statics are particularly robust cuz im not. I tend to run more often than not.

Exploit my cowardice.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #512583

Steals-the-Gloves will, without question, help out another lizard with whatever stupid scheme they've cooked up unless it's obviously going to kill her.

Dirk Danger is willing to try any drink or reagent if you dare him, especially if it's been rendered into pill form and deposited on the floor. He also accepts all doobies/cigars.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #512592

I will read anything written on a paper becuse I appreciate the effort, specially if you formatted it to look nicely
that's your opening to stun and kill me
any other time probably works too since I'm 3rd world gang with 250+ms all the time
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #512605

Dalton is extremely possessive. Steal something from him and he'll probably chase you around for an hour until he gets whatever you took back or until something kills him. At which point he'll hope for cloning to go back to getting all of the other things that were just stolen back.

A.L.I.C.E. will regularly look elsewhere if its pretty sure that robotics is competent enough to keep its borgs happy and repaired/upgraded. Competence is the best way to get the least attention from your omnipresent eye in the sky.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #512669

If I am the HoP, I force people to fill paperwork. If you can't sign it, you won't get that maint access!
Analbifida
Byond Username: Analbifida

Post by Analbifida » #512697

Imagine having weaknesses.
Tarchonvaagh wrote:If I am the HoP, I force people to fill paperwork. If you can't sign it, you won't get that maint access!
Paperwork HoP is the best kind of HoP.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #512699

Counter to the lizards helping lizards.
My preference for who I treat well.
Obvious ANTAGONISTS that might not kill me if I give them what they want
Humans
Slimes/PodPerson/Augmented (In-Round effort races)
Moths
Silicons
Lizards
Plasmamen
Golems
Humans with anime color hair
Cultists
Cats

Unless I've got a good reason I try to leave people in crit rather than dead. If you want to come back for round two or three that's on you.
I've been bamboozled by "dying requests" more times than I'd like to admit, but getting someone a cigarette or passing on a message is fun.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #512979

i have a bad habit of giving my opponents pointers on fighting me mid-battle and trying to help them get better instead of taking them seriously
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #512990

Plapatin wrote:i have a bad habit of giving my opponents pointers on fighting me mid-battle and trying to help them get better instead of taking them seriously
this reminds me, when i'm sec, if i end up noticing you have no idea what you're doing as antag and you get arrested by someone else, i'll probably give you tips on how to not fuck up next time

carlarc
Byond Username: Carlarc

Post by carlarc » #513444

can people please put their character in the post, it's kind of useless knowing your weakness or whatever if i dont even know who you are
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #513503

:owlman: Confessions of a HoP.
If im playing HoP ill sometimes make an expanded access upgrade to near all access. So every thing but the highest like captain and a few other things. Then make a copy that I use so I dont leave my actual ID in the computer.

Also I don't refuse reasonable requests if you fill out the paperwork(or as a clown make me laugh).

I may also trade for access. Other mild corruption too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #513808

carlarc wrote:can people please put their character in the post, it's kind of useless knowing your weakness or whatever if i dont even know who you are
this, or just put it in your signature

drawsstuff
Byond Username: Drawsstuff

Post by drawsstuff » #513822

dont fuck with my library

this isnt a weakness, its a threat
Kirby Lore Expert, Incompetent shitposter, and drawfag.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #513850

If you see Rin doing anything on station, it's a safe bet to assume she's working alone. I play extremely paranoid most rounds, and don't have a metagang to hang out with who'd have my back. There's also like a 1/10 chance that I'll forget my years of robust experience and just shit the bed.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #513864

I like to get real friendly with my coworkers within my department. If you get lucky enough to be in the same department as me and also need to kill me, you're in. Alternatively, you could hold a coworker of mine hostage as bait. I'll probably come looking for them if they call for help from a maint tunnel.
Spoiler: