General SS13 Chat
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Serial tiders

Post by Dr_bee » #515155

Bottom post of the previous page:

Screemonster wrote:
Tarchonvaagh wrote:Make assistants "passengers"
one of the hrp servers "removed assistant" then made an otherwise identical jobless role called "visitor" and tiding went down overnight

I dunno if that was just 'cause of the shock of "hey asshole, assistants don't exist here" reminding them that they're not playing on a traditional ss13 server though
Well it makes the RP different. You would treat an employee different from just some random asshole who is on the station.

I imagine it makes spacing them or throwing them in permabrig easier.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #515176

Dr_bee wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
one of the hrp servers "removed assistant" then made an otherwise identical jobless role called "visitor" and tiding went down overnight

I dunno if that was just 'cause of the shock of "hey asshole, assistants don't exist here" reminding them that they're not playing on a traditional ss13 server though
Well it makes the RP different. You would treat an employee different from just some random asshole who is on the station.

I imagine it makes spacing them or throwing them in permabrig easier.
Remember the last time an assistant player acted like they were employed by anyone? Me neither.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #515188

I mean, there's multiple degrees of tiding too. There's breaking into random shit to steal office supplies and or validhunt, and then theres those fucks who get the ai to let them in the upload and complain about being brigged for a serious crime when they were about to commit grand fucking sabotauge and fuck with the ai. Seriously...
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515233

cedarbridge wrote:Remember the last time an assistant player acted like they were employed by anyone? Me neither.
To be fair to tubertiders, the ingame start text links to a list of assistant gimmicks on the wiki for new players to try out. Almost none of them are Nanotrasen employees. This is pretty much the fault of some prior generation of admins or coders who decided to make that the tutorial for playing the role and who essentially codified the idea of Assistant as a joke role for playing a random idea.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #515341

Screemonster wrote:

Oh boy, crewsimov must be fun in that situation.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #515347

Tegun wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

it just means the unprotected underclass role is greyshirts instead of lizards and cats
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #515350

Tegun wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

I know the server in question and Asimov, or any deriative, aren't the lawsets in use but they explicitly refer to Nanotrasen personnel in whom you protect and serve. In addition, other servers don't use the chronological priority system we use. So rather than "when in doubt, follow the highest relevant law" it's "when in doubt, follow the most relevant laws".
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #515579

Sorry for this, I've just been reading the rules

Based on the title, Serial tiders, (if actually ahelped when they're fucking around with you) could be subject to... ahem... let me get my lawyer mood on.

Rule 1, Precedents 4 and 5

Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.

Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.

Additionally, Rule 1 precedent 6,
You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety.

Also, if someone is using a specific job just to grief with the gamer gear it has,

rule 5 precedent 4.

Abuse of position; as in being deliberately incompetent or malicious in their position is not allowed. Deliberate incompetence or malice can result in warnings or bans, depending on severity. Example would be a chemist constantly abusing the position to make space lube and lubing hallways, they may be warned and then jobbanned if further abuse happens.

this is all up to admin discression to enforce, and player discression to bring to administration's attention.

Sorry for going full lawyer I just wanted to say this.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #515633

why do you apologize for reading the rules?
this whole "rules lawyering" meme has gone too far
there's no malice or shame in reading the rules and trying to interpret them
ADHD-riddled retards that can't read more than one sentence calling the rules "too long" have done some serious damage to the game
players constantly bitch to the admins to solve things they could solve IC
admins constantly butt in on situations that can be solved ICly
make it stop
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #515680

I don't know if it has been suggested before but... how about force assistants to be race-restricted to non-human races? Basically the opposite of what happens with heads of staff. If your character is human you're changed into a random roundstart non-human race, otherwise you join normally. It's a big change because you're restricted to minor harmless grief since silicons will curb stomp you the moment you do major b&e and shit, and you can't just waltz everywhere just by asking the AI. Chill assistant mains will be mostly unaffected.
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #515681

Grazyn wrote:I don't know if it has been suggested before but... how about force assistants to be race-restricted to non-human races? Basically the opposite of what happens with heads of staff. If your character is human you're changed into a random roundstart non-human race, otherwise you join normally. It's a big change because you're restricted to minor harmless grief since silicons will curb stomp you the moment you do major b&e and shit, and you can't just waltz everywhere just by asking the AI. Chill assistant mains will be mostly unaffected.
This is so awesome idea! :ai:
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #515687

Grazyn wrote:I don't know if it has been suggested before but... how about force assistants to be race-restricted to non-human races? Basically the opposite of what happens with heads of staff. If your character is human you're changed into a random roundstart non-human race, otherwise you join normally. It's a big change because you're restricted to minor harmless grief since silicons will curb stomp you the moment you do major b&e and shit, and you can't just waltz everywhere just by asking the AI. Chill assistant mains will be mostly unaffected.
This prevents asshitstains from law 2'ing into the captain's office to steal the spare at roundstart so I approve.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #515698

Xeroxemnas wrote:
This prevents asshitstains from law 2'ing into the captain's office to steal the spare at roundstart so I approve.
Several things are wrong with your post
AIs that dont want to let assistants into Caps will just say no anyway and cite a myriad of more or less valid reasons and are generally free from repercussions about this anyway
AIs that want to let assistants into Caps won't care much about the race of the guy making the request (personally unless there's a law conflict I treat non-human crew like humans with the justification that it promotes crew-harmony and makes dirty liggers feel more as part of a greater whole and more likely to assist humans in their hour of need, rather than lashing out because they feel like the second-class citizens they are, which reduces overall harm)
The serial tiders referred to in this thread just hack the door, since it's faster than telling the AI to open it, which usually doesn't succeed anyway.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #515747

kopoba wrote:
This is so awesome idea! :ai:
I would want it just for the whining it would cause.