Things we love about the current state of /tg/

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Things we love about the current state of /tg/

Post by Shadowflame909 » #517993

I'm always ranting, albeit in the NTR hut or on github. So what better to promote the things I like about the server then in general chat.

It's real easy to lose an hour mining or doing xenobio. Very relaxing and really enjoyable for a shift. It's nice not to interact with burnt-out steve over in arrivals.
► Show Spoiler
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Things we love about the current state of /tg/

Post by Dr_bee » #518010

The thing I love most about /tg/ and why I still play here is the pace of development. Sure it can be frustrating at times, but the fact that there are usually new things to mess around with or test every week or so keeps this game fresh to me.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #518035

Is there anything to love about /tg/ anymore? The coders are shit (medbay changes/drag changes). The admins are banbots. Most players are low rp TDM/RDM/Validhunting apes. The only good thing left is the drama.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #518042

tinodrima7020 wrote:Is there anything to love about /tg/ anymore? The coders are shit (medbay changes/drag changes). The admins are banbots. Most players are low rp TDM/RDM/Validhunting apes. The only good thing left is the drama.
Last connected: Oct 03

You sure seem to still enjoy connecting to the servers for someone who claims there's nothing to love
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #518056

Somehow, as much as I'm mad about some situations which occur in games, It leads to some glorious experiences.

Plus, Admins, although they might give too much leeway sometimes, Do give leeway, and tend to value fun over rules. I just never seem to fucking realize it in the heat of the moment.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #518057

Admin Traders

Admin Traders are always cool.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #518058

There’s a lot of room for creative freedom as a chef. Some of my best rounds were chef rounds.
► Show Spoiler
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518060

Admins Actually sometimes have the patience of saints.

Additionally, I can get some decent combat training in and fuck around with antag gimmicks without pissing off a metaclique and getting banned by the admin in said clique for no reason.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #518080

Reyn wrote:Additionally, I can get some decent combat training in and fuck around with antag gimmicks without pissing off a metaclique and getting banned by the admin in said clique for no reason.
the fact that this is a plus and not just a given. the absolute state of other servers.
ImageImageImage
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #518098

Compared to "the good old days sipp" not a whole lot. Medical is definitely more fun and engaging than it used to be, though. Having to do actual medical aid beyond watching a borg/greyshirt jam your patient in a sleeper, hit two buttons, then kick them out of medbay? Sign me up. As in, I've literally been signing up for it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518105

Shadowflame909 wrote:Admin Traders

Admin Traders are always cool.
What ever happened to Carshalash porting vox trader from /vg/?
tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #518118

Arianya wrote:
tinodrima7020 wrote:Is there anything to love about /tg/ anymore? The coders are shit (medbay changes/drag changes). The admins are banbots. Most players are low rp TDM/RDM/Validhunting apes. The only good thing left is the drama.

You sure seem to still enjoy connecting to the servers for someone who claims there's nothing to love
tinodrima7020 wrote:The only good thing left is the drama.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #518137

nice dodge of the callout tino
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #518142

Dr_bee wrote:The thing I love most about /tg/ and why I still play here is the pace of development. Sure it can be frustrating at times, but the fact that there are usually new things to mess around with or test every week or so keeps this game fresh to me.
This. I actually had to read the wiki again to get somewhat reacquainted (mfw when pushing stunned me).
Good job coders.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #518146

Arianya wrote:

lol

and if his last connection was 2 months ago "why should we care about your opinion, you don't even play"
tinodrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #518157

oranges wrote:nice dodge of the callout tino
Thanks baby doll.
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #518171

grazyn made a good point for once
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #518276

Grazyn wrote:
Arianya wrote:

lol

and if his last connection was 2 months ago "why should we care about your opinion, you don't even play"
nah that'd be consistent with someone who only sticks around for drama

better a drama llama then a liar
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #518277

Arianya wrote:beep boop I am a banbot
very insightful post, thanks ex-headmin
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #518287

I like how people like Angust are constantly updating the wiki. Without a good, up-to-date wiki, this game would fall apart in no time.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #518318

Going even further onto my enjoyment of mining.

I love going onto assistant to have a freer mining job.

Start from the bottom, make enough points to buy a mining kit.

Then shining up a custom room in maint with golden floor tiles, statues.

Make an altar/make it a nice bunk room./Sell room.

Turn ores into cash via the lavaland machine and get a swat suit and guns.

Peak end-game.
► Show Spoiler
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #518328

Shadowflame909 wrote:Going even further onto my enjoyment of mining.

Peak end-game.
Then you hear this:
"The emergency shuttle has been called."
Reasoning:" Time to go"
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #518329

That's why I only do it on lowpop/event hall noobie server since they don't know how to call the shuttle.
► Show Spoiler
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #518330

Shadowflame909 wrote:That's why I only do it on lowpop/event hall noobie server since they don't know how to call the shuttle.
Eh I had the opposite experience, someone says "AI call the shuttle", the AI law2s it and then nobody recalls it because they don't know how besides shouting "AI RECALL IT"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518335

Tarchonvaagh wrote:

Peak end-game.
Then you hear this:
Well I mean what else are you gonna do after getting all the end game loot and exhausting all potential for drama
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #518340

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Tarchonvaagh wrote:

Peak end-game.
Then you hear this:
Well I mean what else are you gonna do after getting all the end game loot and exhausting all potential for drama
yesterday the cap called the shuttle and destroyed the consoles because someone stole his shoes
he even red alerted
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518606

Even if I'm probably getting grey hairs from stress more than a few years too early, I always find my way coming back to this place, no matter what fuckery goes on, simply because, while it's sometimes annoying, The shenannigans around here bring joy when they're done right, and they lead to AMAZING stories.

Also, I haven't been getting antag recently, so, this is more of a pesonal thing, but Nowadays I've enjoyed playing as a nonantag and just doing my job, Or... uh...

Fucking about as "Ku Klux Klown" or being that one fucking mime as "Hotline Mimeami"

Or playing warden.

Also, as much as some of you fuckers stress me out, you also bring a lot of joy to my day after the initial anger and confusion wears off. When I look back at a round, I might be a wee bit mad, but given time, it usually turns into a funny memory.

If tg wasn't how it was, we'd never experience Crabnarok. That was glorious.
Spoiler:
So, as much as I yell about what's going on, Deep down, I'm also having fun when it comes to this fucking shitstorm. I don't know how I'm both pissed off and enjoying it, but hey. I'm enjoying it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #519077

I love the ahelps that the moment I look into them I burst out in laughter. Genuinely /tg/ players seem to come up with the most bizarre ways to cause havoc/respond to situations/create weird situations.

Also honestly after coming back from a long break Im insanely impressed with the out of new stuff added to the game :D
Also make some of the roles now enjoyable and less about pot luck (shout out to genetics).

Also headminds are ACTUALLY competent rather than just who the most people were friends with, which makes admining way nicer to feel you have someone to turn to if needed.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #519079

peoplearestrange wrote:Also make some of the roles now enjoyable and less about pot luck (shout out to genetics).
You should have seen it before Orange nerfed the genetics scanner. A competent geneticist with a pad of paper or a digital tool could sequence the whole crew's genomes by 20 minutes.