On felinids

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: On felinids

Postby Grazyn » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm #524313

The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.



User avatar
Sandshark808
 
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: On felinids

Postby Sandshark808 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 pm #524359

Grazyn wrote:The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.

From what I gather, the official story is that the coders wanted to remove them but the admins filibustered somehow (even though that's not possible for any other feature). Correct me if I'm wrong.
Image

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: On felinids

Postby actioninja » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:51 am #524389

MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story". At this point I would literally rather have "my" side lose this way rather than relitigate this bullshit constantly.


The issue is going to continue coming up as long as they're still in the game in any capacity.
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: On felinids

Postby deedubya » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 am #524394

Timonk wrote:Removing felinids isn't gonna drive away the people playing them, yknow.

False, but they aren't gonna lose anyway. Too many ssethtiders want their cat slot for it to lose at this point.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: On felinids

Postby wesoda25 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:32 am #524404

The wonderful thing is people always over estimate cat support so that it’ll really burn when they get disabled.
Spoiler:
Wesoda25two/(Lalla Hayhurst) "WESODA DIDNT MAKE IT VERY LONG IN THIS ECONOMY"
IkeTG wrote:
Timonk wrote:Local admin gets offended on someone else's behalf

ironclad defense against the "don't be an asshole" rule tbh

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: On felinids

Postby Cobby » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 am #524412

Sandshark808 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.

From what I gather, the official story is that the coders wanted to remove them but the admins filibustered somehow (even though that's not possible for any other feature). Correct me if I'm wrong.


Because you said coders, not maintainers. We don't care nearly as much as the proponents do and in fact got so tired of it made a rule that you have to talk to us before even making species-interaction changes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: On felinids

Postby oranges » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm #524480

MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story".

Well I would have loved to have done it that way mrP, but I didn't have that option

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: On felinids

Postby Timonk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 pm #524482

oranges wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story".

Well I would have loved to have done it that way mrP, but I didn't have that option

More like Mr PP
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
delaron
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm
Byond Username: Delaron

Re: On felinids

Postby delaron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 pm #524619

Oh man I feel like a veteran now having experienced this first hand.

good times...

When is the vote?
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.

User avatar
Sandshark808
 
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: On felinids

Postby Sandshark808 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:10 pm #524644

delaron wrote:Oh man I feel like a veteran now having experienced this first hand.

good times...

When is the vote?

Literally now. You have to log into byond and vote in the client.
Image

User avatar
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: On felinids

Postby ThanatosRa » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:08 am #524652

I find it amusing people give so much of a shit still.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: On felinids

Postby cacogen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:31 am #524685

i voted a few days ago that they should be a roundstart race again thinking the furry panic thing was idiotic and overblown but this thread makes me think i was wrong
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: On felinids

Postby Screemonster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am #524699

a finger on the monkey's paw curls as felinids are removed to make way for fox-people

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: On felinids

Postby Grazyn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 am #524701

cacogen wrote:i voted a few days ago that they should be a roundstart race again thinking the furry panic thing was idiotic and overblown but this thread makes me think i was wrong

Ah the good old "I was totally in favour of this thing but the people who are in favour of this thing annoy me so much I'm voting against it out of spite"

Ruining political discourse since forever

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: On felinids

Postby cacogen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:51 pm #524749

OP just made me realise there's a kernel of truth to the superstition about the type of player and the type of character the "cute" furry races attract
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: On felinids

Postby wesoda25 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:12 am #524754

cacogen wrote:OP just made me realise there's a kernel of truth to the superstition about the type of player and the type of character the "cute" furry races attract

I call kat green to the stand to support this
Spoiler:
Wesoda25two/(Lalla Hayhurst) "WESODA DIDNT MAKE IT VERY LONG IN THIS ECONOMY"
IkeTG wrote:
Timonk wrote:Local admin gets offended on someone else's behalf

ironclad defense against the "don't be an asshole" rule tbh

User avatar
Critawakets
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: somewhere on Sol III
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Re: On felinids

Postby Critawakets » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:18 am #524770

funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.
Image
Image
Image
Image
am gud enineering
scrungo

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: On felinids

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 am #524782

This is why we need an autocrat
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: On felinids

Postby Timonk » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:48 am #524797

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

This.

There is a mixed race "metagang" on terry. Basically me, Edgar, Thomas, Talia, Otto and maybe lepi, sheria or Johnny. We basically only team up against antags or as antags and also it's not really metaganging since I don't have any of them as friends out of ss13. We're just a couple dudes and gals playing ss13 and we like helping each other out
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: On felinids

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:48 am #524798

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

ok metaganger
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: On felinids

Postby wesoda25 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:09 pm #524847

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

Im progressive I’ve hated moths for months
Spoiler:
Wesoda25two/(Lalla Hayhurst) "WESODA DIDNT MAKE IT VERY LONG IN THIS ECONOMY"
IkeTG wrote:
Timonk wrote:Local admin gets offended on someone else's behalf

ironclad defense against the "don't be an asshole" rule tbh

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: On felinids

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:35 pm #524848

metganganger wrote:metaganger here, metagangs arent real.

*snore* anyone getting sleepy in this thread? lets all go to bed, nothing is happening

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: On felinids

Postby Kryson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:47 pm #524849

I think remove is going to win sadly.

I will have to make a lizard or something.

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: On felinids

Postby Mickyan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:09 pm #524851

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

Wtf I never got an invitation
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: On felinids

Postby Grazyn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:48 pm #524856

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is why we need an autocat

I agree

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: On felinids

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:03 am #524966

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

there's a mothgirl discord now??
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: On felinids

Postby deedubya » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:03 am #524974

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

there's a mothgirl discord now??

>girl
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: On felinids

Postby PKPenguin321 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:07 am #525081

deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

there's a mothgirl discord now??

>girl

if moths have a worse metaclique than the catgirl discord, i at least expect a mothgirl discord.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
carshalash
 
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 am
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: On felinids

Postby carshalash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:07 am #525083

There's also that lovely plasmameme metaclub full of people who like running around the station irradiating everything in their path.

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: On felinids

Postby deedubya » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:40 am #525104

PKPenguin321 wrote:
deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.

there's a mothgirl discord now??

>girl

if moths have a worse metaclique than the catgirl discord, i at least expect a mothgirl discord.

>implying the moths aren't all male
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users