General SS13 Chat
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #521423

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: First Impressions, narrative prose.

Post by Plapatin » #521433

i always love about hearing a new player's first experience with ss13. hope you have many more fun rounds to come
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #521454

Welcome to hell.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #521459

This was beautifully written and I'm glad you had the foresight to record your first experience. It's nice to get to read the experiences of someone taking everything in front of them at face value, rather than judging situations based on 5-6 years of experience and administration, and lots of time diving through the code.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #521475

Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #521477

gum disease wrote:Image
this is my meme now
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #521508

I didn't expect all the replies to be from admins. You guys know why people didn't care about the nuke?
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #521510

Jack7D1 wrote:I didn't expect all the replies to be from admins. You guys know why people didn't care about the nuke?
Nukes cannot be set off without admins giving the crew the nuke's code, unless we're talking about nukeops but, they have their own nuke.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #521511

I don't wanna ruin the magic by telling him which nuke it probably was
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #521523

The most unique part of this story is this guy made a forum account after only one round
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #521529

space station thirteen
not quite what it used to be
it is time to die
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #521561

This is just not true, everyone knows your first round is spent running around not knowing how to talk until you eventually kill yourself.
[this space reserved]
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #521577

My first round was me as the janitor getting griefed by literal angry russians(they were angry that their server was shut down) on lowpop terry
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #522647

So glad you wrote this, was actually really nice to hear what someones first round was like on the station since many years have passed since mine.
From the sound of it, it was pretty much as mad, confusing and full of wonderful nonsense.
Thanks.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #531267

Well, it's been two months already. All I can say is how great this game is and how terrible Lexia Black is.
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #551374

It's been a while, would like to rephrase a few parts of the story that people would actually understand, since I'm more experienced.
The nuke was the beer nuke sadly.
The scary man was a faceless.
I was playing on bagil.
Someone was learning the wires on a dorms door and I touched it.
The man in brig claiming to be captain was a lawyer.
SM was delamming.

Also the dark areas were all blue but recently I've not seen that at all, why was stuff blue?
yeeye
Byond Username: TotallyNotADog

Post by yeeye » #551782

My stalker side hunted down the logs from that round, and as it turns out, I was that MULEbot you encountered. From what I remember, that was a particularly chaotic round because the admins were screwing with a bunch of stuff. The blue glow you saw was coming from the AI's normally invisible eye. I don't know where the blank body that attacked you came from, probably more admin shenanigans.
i dont know what to put here
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #551816

Got the round ID for anyone who cares. Round 122426.
Chat logs kinda match the OP.