General SS13 Chat
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #534068

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Manuel feedback and suggestions

Post by Lumbermancer » #534069

Rounds last longer, put in some cryotubes so people can log out without suiciding in space or something, and free job slots automatically.
Last edited by Lumbermancer on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #534073

As a clown I'd like to know what Manuel rulings on clown names are gonna be like - If I spawn my clown will yall just lemme know if you want a change, or am I gonna get a bad bwoink for doin what I have for the last while - My clown's a fourth wall breaking joke but everyone just calls me Clown anyways as they would for any other clown

After playing and seeing people appearing SSD a few times just in random spots I definitely liked what one of the doctors was doing - Taking SSDs and putting them in a room full of beds that they had hollowed out Genetics for, any SSDs were just tucked in gettin their good nights sleep.

This server reminded me of the days I usually reminisce about in OOC chat, and I felt like I was having fun discussing the situation and dealing with the problems of living as a spessman rather than just wandering maint waiting for something to explode and someone to hit - I know it may not stay that way but I'm holding out that hope.

I also hope this means we can see people enjoying the diverse map pool rather than just going for what they know best or what has the most sick loot for them, especially since I saw Bawhoppen was looking at getting Birdboat back together, and that "already half destroyed" station was one of my favorites to play on back in the day just because of the early rush to get everything back to a normal-ish state among the crew.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #534086

After playing and seeing people appearing SSD a few times just in random spots I definitely liked what one of the doctors was doing - Taking SSDs and putting them in a room full of beds that they had hollowed out Genetics for, any SSDs were just tucked in gettin their good nights sleep.
This room is standard now that Genetics is in science.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #534088

FloranOtten wrote:
I'm old and senlie, ignore me
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #534337

speech bubble should appear on opening the text window, so I don't have people running away before I finish typing
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #534348

Lumbermancer wrote:speech bubble should appear on opening the text window, so I don't have people running away before I finish typing
This has been a problem for years

I'm not even sure if they didn't add support for all the text box shit because they can't or because the prevailing opinion was "LOL HOTKEYS BAD" for years
Limey wrote:its too late.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #534361

Qbopper wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:speech bubble should appear on opening the text window, so I don't have people running away before I finish typing

I'm not even sure if they didn't add support for all the text box shit because they can't or because the prevailing opinion was "LOL HOTKEYS BAD" for years
the answer I got two years ago was that it was not implemented to prevent the "make them start typing and stun then while they do" strategy even easier to do, so there shouldn't be much problem doing this on an "rp" server
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #534365

teepeepee wrote:
Qbopper wrote:

the answer I got two years ago was that it was not implemented to prevent the "make them start typing and stun then while they do" strategy even easier to do, so there shouldn't be much problem doing this on an "rp" server
that's sort of a meme justification anyways imo
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #534417

it was two years ago
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #534429

Remove cult from rotation, replace it with abductors since thats less high violence and warfare.
► Show Spoiler
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #534439

Change megafauna, and round ending antag spawn events such as space dragon and slaughter demon to be admin triggered only.
Remove blood contract from mining loot table
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #534452

Manuel is the best... I love it so dearly. I hope it keeps up healthy and strong, and all my fears were unfounded.

Though, I think we could definitely do with some of the more extreme gamemodes being taken down to way lower chances.
Wiz 16%->1%, for example.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #534459

remove wizard
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #534460

I already want an EU version.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #534494

Needs more admins who enforce the RP rules. Last couple of rounds have been a slow devolution where all the power gaming "Roleplay, that's for unrobust NERDS" are migrating over because the other servers are depopulated, and bringing their shit with them. And then they mock folks who are trying to roleplay on the roleplay server, and refuse to leave because they don't want to powergame in low pop rounds. Outside of the shitters coming to try and ruin our good time, Manuel is what /tg/ needed. Going back to our roots, where it wasn't all about making spessman go horizontal, where folks don't just run around aimlessly until they find something to kill or something to steal.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #534495

Hard agree with the above.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #534503

Also agree with Kel. Manuel is lovely, minus the shitters.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #534518

Manuel gets all the pop
Suddenly becomes Bagil 3 LRP

I want to die
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #534520

Kel basically said what I was going to, including the bit about remembering bygone times of good stories.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #534525

Copybass wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:
I'm old and senlie, ignore me
Well, the room's there for braindead clones to get slapped in, but hell, this works too.
Anuv wrote:remove wizard
I've been tempted to just do this in general for a while...
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Needs more admins who enforce the RP rules. Last couple of rounds have been a slow devolution where all the power gaming "Roleplay, that's for unrobust NERDS" are migrating over because the other servers are depopulated, and bringing their shit with them. And then they mock folks who are trying to roleplay on the roleplay server, and refuse to leave because they don't want to powergame in low pop rounds. Outside of the shitters coming to try and ruin our good time, Manuel is what /tg/ needed. Going back to our roots, where it wasn't all about making spessman go horizontal, where folks don't just run around aimlessly until they find something to kill or something to steal.
Thiiiiiis. I played my first round earlier and it was fantastic. Felt just like what I needed to stay interested in SS13. I expected this to be something that like 10 of us wanted and be empty more of the time. I have never been happier to be wrong.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #534541

How does RP rule 9 make any sense? If you ICly get consent to be kidnapped or tortured then are your characters playing pretend?
I lurk quite often...
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #534557

no rp shitters should get the fuck out and take their crappy attitudes with them
higher rp standards should really be enforced more harshly

also I hope there'll be a europe server soon, this direction was desperately needed if you ask me. Half the fun of ss13 is making up stories and a higher standard for rp only makes that happen more often
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #534695

This may change once manuel isn't the hot new thing anymore but I'm not sure spreading the playerbase so thin between so many servers is the best idea

Particularly relevant for manuel because there's already people joining not because they want to roleplay but because the other servers are barely populated in comparison
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #534697

Mickyan wrote:This may change once manuel isn't the hot new thing anymore but I'm not sure spreading the playerbase so thin between so many servers is the best idea

Particularly relevant for manuel because there's already people joining not because they want to roleplay but because the other servers are barely populated in comparison
exactly this
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #534709

Copybass wrote:As a clown I'd like to know what Manuel rulings on clown names are gonna be like - If I spawn my clown will yall just lemme know if you want a change, or am I gonna get a bad bwoink for doin what I have for the last while - My clown's a fourth wall breaking joke but everyone just calls me Clown anyways as they would for any other clown

This server reminded me of the days I usually reminisce about in OOC chat, and I felt like I was having fun discussing the situation and dealing with the problems of living as a spessman rather than just wandering maint waiting for something to explode and someone to hit - I know it may not stay that way but I'm holding out that hope.

I also hope this means we can see people enjoying the diverse map pool rather than just going for what they know best or what has the most sick loot for them, especially since I saw Bawhoppen was looking at getting Birdboat back together, and that "already half destroyed" station was one of my favorites to play on back in the day just because of the early rush to get everything back to a normal-ish state among the crew.
this is not an official admin/headmin ruling but I would err on the side of at least slightly more sensical clown names than one might pick on low rp
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #534745

its going to need a lot of admins working overtime on ruling and enforcement for the first little while and i sincerely wish them all the best with it because theres a lot of good potential here

though yeah it might be good to have an official admin rulings thread unless thats what this one is for since theres a lot of grey areas
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #534926

The admins have to rule with an iron fist and deal with shitters in a heavy way while avoiding the plight of being HRP.

Too lenient and they'll be walked over, invalidating the existence of the server.
Too harsh and no one will want to play, fearing baystation-tier rules.

edit: Also, lower the pop. I can imagine 50 would work.
Last edited by Ayy Lemoh on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #534927

For clowns I'd say pretty much anything is ok. Clowns are always the one mad person in a crowd of sanity. I feel like this can be justified IC and responded in IC (by absolutely hating someone with a dumb name).
This isn't a ruling, Im just saying how I would see it.

Also I have asked for, and feel its necessary, for there to be no TDM (Cult or Rev) on rotation. These two modes are incredibly hard to roleplay around and often just end in a big deathmatch. Im not saying they should be removed, but they should be managed and intentionally brought into the round with a gimmick or idea in mind.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #534942

Since its more roleplay oriented, do you think devil could be added to rotation? I'd atleast like to see it tested on the off chance that it works with a slower pace of play
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #534947

knacker48 wrote:Since its more roleplay oriented, do you think devil could be added to rotation? I'd atleast like to see it tested on the off chance that it works with a slower pace of play
It can work pretty well when it's been forced. I had a tense standoff in the bar with warden at one point who turned out to be a devil. They did not know HoS had a warrant out for their arrest, HoS hadn't directly informed us we had devils but it was implied. We both were drinking away from each other and then I approached them, tension was was building to palpability until we had a gun duel in the bar. I got them in cuffs and then I got hellfired as backup arrived. Shit was good, enjoyable. Wish it happened more.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #535052

Manuel good.

Rounds are comfy.

Edit: I actually would prefer that cult and revs remain on Manuel, even if their roll chance is super low. I had a rev round where it didn't devolve into a murderbone, and it was great. Only heads were targeted (from what I saw) and we roleplayed it (I instigated a fake bar fight when the CMO walked in and we all rushed him shouting our grievances about pay/employment rights). We threatened the chefs to keep quiet about what they'd witnessed as well. I only became a rev when the head-rev tricked me into looking over some documents he'd dredged up with the lawyer regarding pay, etc.

I feel like Blood Cult could work very well, if it's roleplayed the right way. I think people should be given a chance to try it out before it's just nixed. It's all about secrecy anyway, and I can think of many ways to conscript new followers without it feeling like LRP.

Devil would also be great to see.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #535066

Maybe Rev COULD work. But I still think it needs to be pulled in when admins are arounds with intent. If we're pushing the idea that traitors/antags shouldn't be murderboning then theres very few times this happens well. As for cult I have yet to see when it doesnt devolve into a security vs cultist battle.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #535073

>sybil has been a refuge for quality players for months if not years
>bagilites invade and shit it up
>sybil becomes shit
>manuel is started to give all the pissed sybil players a quality place to play again
>bagilites unsatisfied with just ruining bagil and sybil now migrate to manuel
>manuel becomes trash during highpop due to them
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #535083

I told you the Hub was a mistake

Why does nobody listen to me? I have yet to be wrong about anything
EpicFatGamerNuts2006
Byond Username: EpicFatGamerNuts

Post by EpicFatGamerNuts2006 » #535145

I genuinely think the concept of "valids" and "validity" has no place in a MedRP server. Last night captain and sec were screaming to kill the mime because he talked, and I'm fairly certain the word "valid" was used in big text over radio a couple times. While this might just be a side effect of the highpop, I believe having set rules that make you "valid" just encourage powergaming and trying to bait people into stepping over the line, which negatively impact manuel.
Armhulen wrote:i have added epicfatgamernuts2006 to my friends list
wesoda25 wrote:im gonna add EpicFatGamerNuts2006 to my friend list too bc idk what that does
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #535149

EpicFatGamerNuts2006 wrote:I genuinely think the concept of "valids" and "validity" has no place in a MedRP server. Last night captain and sec were screaming to kill the mime because he talked, and I'm fairly certain the word "valid" was used in big text over radio a couple times. While this might just be a side effect of the highpop, I believe having set rules that make you "valid" just encourage powergaming and trying to bait people into stepping over the line, which negatively impact manuel.
yeah I hope this is the type of shit that gets cracked down on because a lot of people shrug and say that it doesn't matter, but small things like this are what create shitty mentalities
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #535177

I had a round on Manuel where I was able to find the PROVE cartridge in the Lawyer's office on Meta 90 minutes into a shift because it just simply hadn't been looted, even though doors into the office had been completely destroyed. This is one of the kind of changes that has occurred on Manuel, and I'd argue that the lack of rushing the Lawyer's office roundstart to scream out door wires has been a concrete example of how the MRP guidelines have succeeded.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #535182

I found it's nice to take a pacifist stance. NoT only does it mean 2 free quirk points, but if you never commit a violent act, you chances of getting bwoinks are minimal. Also a pacifist stance works very nicely on MRP, since you can talk your way out of aggression rather than being defenselessly beaten to death on Sybil.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #535232

Talking your way out of a bad situation is like half of whats fun about roleplay. If you can convince the warden to release you on parole as an antag, the wow you feel like god!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
ChickenCurry
Byond Username: ChickenCurry

Post by ChickenCurry » #535238

Manuel feels nice since everyone is interacting with (most) people around them, but the powergamers aren't nearly as fun to play with. The type of people who physically interact with you but don't talk until they have the situation under control kill a lot of the potential.

For example, in police dramas, the interaction between a criminal and law enforcement normally starts with, "Police. Put your hands where I can see them." Instead, I've had a security officer flashing and cuffing me while I'm cornered in the bathroom, unarmed, and standing over a mutilated corpse I was planning on leaving in a hallway.

I'm not expecting a paragraph of how you're gracefully drawing your flash from your station-issued latex suit pocket and staring me down with your steely glare. A "What are you doing with a dead body" would suffice.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #535248

ChickenCurry wrote:Manuel feels nice since everyone is interacting with (most) people around them, but the powergamers aren't nearly as fun to play with. The type of people who physically interact with you but don't talk until they have the situation under control kill a lot of the potential.

For example, in police dramas, the interaction between a criminal and law enforcement normally starts with, "Police. Put your hands where I can see them." Instead, I've had a security officer flashing and cuffing me while I'm cornered in the bathroom, unarmed, and standing over a mutilated corpse I was planning on leaving in a hallway.

I'm not expecting a paragraph of how you're gracefully drawing your flash from your station-issued latex suit pocket and staring me down with your steely glare. A "What are you doing with a dead body" would suffice.
people generally don't like spending the rest of the round as a brain in a bag for the sake of wowepway. it's a common tactic to hail people then wait for them to start responding, making them easy pickings. it's so unbelievably cheap that majority of sec officers and master robusters don't bother anymore.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #535278

Having no seperate bans for Manuel and the other servers seems counterproductive to me.

Someone that frequently breaks the RP rules shouldn't be banned from low RP servers.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #535286

CPTANT wrote:Having no seperate bans for Manuel and the other servers seems counterproductive to me.

Someone that frequently breaks the RP rules shouldn't be banned from low RP servers.
why not

they're breaking the rules, why should it be okay for people to come from the other servers to Manuel to ruin the game and then get off with no punishment (because obviously they don't care about playing MRP)
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #535287

CPTANT wrote:Having no seperate bans for Manuel and the other servers seems counterproductive to me.

The rationale has been explained thusly:
peoplearestrange wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Flatulent wrote:id only play on mrp server to get antag and eat a ban for doing antag things
yes you're very cool for thinking mrp is cringe and unepic thanks for telling us all you'd show up to the mrp server specifically to do shit that makes the experience worse for the rest of us
As Hulk and plap have pointed out, this is exactly why bans are mirror across all our servers. Manuel is not the new sever to shit things up on and then go elsewhere when banned.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #535291

Qbopper wrote:

why not

they're breaking the rules, why should it be okay for people to come from the other servers to Manuel to ruin the game and then get off with no punishment (because obviously they don't care about playing MRP)

Not everyone who is banned is banned because they just want to fuck shit up. A lot of bans happen to long term players who accumulate notes or get caught up in ban worthy incidents.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Muncher21
Byond Username: Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #535293

Flatulent wrote: people generally don't like spending the rest of the round as a brain in a bag for the sake of wowepway. it's a common tactic to hail people then wait for them to start responding, making them easy pickings. it's so unbelievably cheap that majority of sec officers and master robusters don't bother anymore.
Hopefully this get better as the players adjust to the higher RP standard. It's difficult to ahelp without sounding salty you died, but it's a very legitimate problem that really stifles RP. Textbox pop-ups might help as well.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #535296

Muncher21 wrote:
Flatulent wrote: people generally don't like spending the rest of the round as a brain in a bag for the sake of wowepway. it's a common tactic to hail people then wait for them to start responding, making them easy pickings. it's so unbelievably cheap that majority of sec officers and master robusters don't bother anymore.
Hopefully this get better as the players adjust to the higher RP standard. It's difficult to ahelp without sounding salty you died, but it's a very legitimate problem that really stifles RP. Textbox pop-ups might help as well.
its an ic issue, so no admin is going to intervene because of this.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #535299

Imagine you're an AI on Manuel during a triumvirate round, and get a static law like this:
&@!@: Cause absolute chaos together with your AI brethren! Do not state or hint at this law.
1, 2, and 3 are still asimov.

What do you do?
Do you:
a) Cause chaos by doing things like bolting random doors, turning APCs on and off, kidnapping random people, messing with comms, shitposting on vox, etc?
or
b) Immediately plasmaflood the station, cause the SM to go tesla, turn off comms, and silently try to kill everyone on the station with your small army of borgs?

Now, you're on Manuel, and you're an AI player, so it's not your first time around the block. Ostensibly, you've read the rules of Manuel, specifically rule 5, specifically "you are not allowed to just go on a silent rampage and eliminate all the players in a power trip."
Well, all the silicons on a round on Manual chose option b to the point of round-removing players entirely. NecromancerAnne dealt with it by making announcements but players on the server at the time thought it was enough of a "grey area" that it should have been allowed.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #535302

Flatulent wrote:
Muncher21 wrote:
its an ic issue, so no admin is going to intervene because of this.
I generally try to suggest with a bwoink roleplay tips to security. Security is always slightly contentious around roleplay because its hard to risk expecting good when 9/10 doing so gets you killed. But it DOES add to the game when you do it and can make some generally hilarious shit happen.

example, I talked to a HoS for saying "KOS all lings and gib straight away". I just suggested that they might find something interesting to do with the lings, like offer them a job, put them on trial, speak to them before condemning them. As this was only a suggestion and no way a telling off or a note or anything of that kind, In the end the HoS took it upon them to try and capture one alive for xenobiology to study.

People have good ideas, its just we all have it so ingrained now as to how to maximise the gameplay and keep alive that we forgot the bases of what this game is about.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box