I fucked up, want to say I'm sorry.

General SS13 Chat
Friends99123
Byond Username: Friends99123

I fucked up, want to say I'm sorry.

Post by Friends99123 » #535685

Hi, just linked account, sorry if my posting is bad. I wanted to apologize to anyone on manuel today. I put in a nanite program known as chain detonation and meant to detonate it after the round ended, but I misclicked and detonated before shuttle even left. Just wanted to say sorry to anyone whose round I may have ruined. Got tempbanned for a week, which is more than reasonable (was expecting longer). Not looking to appeal it at all, but I did want to apologize to everyone whose round I ended prematurely. Sorry.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: I fucked up, want to say I'm sorry.

Post by Armhulen » #535694

we've all been there brother
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #535701

I got vaporized in the mass explosion, which was hilarious, to be completely fair. Probably the most interesting way to potentially shuttle-hijack that I've seen in a while.
And yeah, everyone makes mistakes. When I was learning engi, I didn't know that the RPD could erase loose piping, nor that throwing shit into the SM activated it. Cue me using the roundstart SM as a garbage disposal before even setting up all the piping, followed by a desperate attempt to prevent a full delam. I remember I had to drag the poor CE out and stabilize him out of hard crit from the burns before the radiation really kicked in. I didn't get bwoinked for it, but it really made me think, and I requested a voluntary job-ban from engineering for a week or so. It was a good time.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #535715

fucking up a major mechanic on accident and killing lots of people in the process is a rite of passage, don't dwell on it too much. c'est la vie
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #535729

I once underestimated how much liquid plasma would spread as gas and ended up flooding a hallway and setting in on fire in the aims of making a "you might experience a mild burning sensation" joke to someone accused of ERPing.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #535731

Before jaunters were reworked, I lead a Bubblegum onto the station with in the bar because megas could follow through jaunter portals.

We've all fucked up in the past, and the fact you are remorseful about it means you'll try to avoid doing it again, unless you roll that tator, then have !!FUN!!
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #535809

One time while I was learning toxins waaaaaay back I melted the entirety of toxins into space. Or at least I remember doing that. Never got notes but I remember a bwoink. But this at minimum 5 years ago or more.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #536162

There was this one time where I accidentally bombed the captain, HOP, and a few other scrubs during a wizard round completely by accident. Either way nice take good sir, nanites is something I've never bother to learn but now I'm intrigued.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #536164

I was there for that round. It was hilarious seeing everyone blow up at once.

I fucked up a round once when I tried to do a fun TC trade for a guy. I ended up making everyone on the server unable to use their arms at all. So embarrassing. :^(
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #536169

gum disease wrote: I fucked up a round once when I tried to do a fun TC trade for a guy. I ended up making everyone on the server unable to use their arms at all. So embarrassing. :^(
You look at your arm and sigh.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #536171

is this now a fuck-ups thread?

one time when i was still learning admin tools i made a cannon that shoots kittens except i fucked with the tickrate in a really bad way without noticing and when we went to delete the cannon it had 30k kittens in it and the garbage collector killed the server
ImageImageImage
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #536173

i wanted to do a cool admin event and spawned a billion syndie mobs that obliterated the entire station so i had to send like 5 squads of ERT i'm still embarassed and someone complained about it on my feedback (but at least mentioned that i apologized)
moral of the story i never do events anymore
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #536175

We had at least one admit accidentally hit BOOM BOOM SHAKE THE ROOM back in the day. That button doesn't exist anymore but it used to blow the station up and cause a ton of lag.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #536180

There was that one admin who spawned nuke mobs during an actual nuke round before flops reached the station.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #536439

The 9.1E+029K SM was not intentional. The heat went to central primary that round.
am gud enineering
scrungo
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #536634

Back when singlo's used to be the main and only engine, I learned the hard way about making sure the emitters were attached and online BEFORE starting the PA...
A LOT of the station would have gone had I not been lucky and the singlo had wondered out into space.

Everyone fucks up, its about learning from it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box