ITT we talk about hilarious fuck-ups

General SS13 Chat
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

ITT we talk about hilarious fuck-ups

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #536511

Once I dragged the blood drunk miner to the station, not knowing its a megabeast (it wouldnt attack me for some reason?)
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: ITT we talk about hilarious fuck-ups

Post by Shadowflame909 » #536512

I once drank the slippery foam in the foamy vents outpour event. It was skewium and I took in the maximum amount of units you can take in.

My next half hour wasnt good
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #536552

When I was learning chemistry, I left a bottle of toxin on the front desk labelled 'magic potion'. Some dude came by and chugged it. I freaked out, told him it was poison, and gave him a pill of anti-toxin.

Unfortunately, the pill was 50u, which was more than enough for overdose. I found his corpse on the way to the shuttle.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #536554

the perfect crime
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #536581

i dont remember the specifics but one round the shuttle was en route and the station was pretty fucked up and there was a high level sentient disease going around named "cringe"

the cure was lipolicide aka weed which was fucking hilarious so i grew a strain of cannibas called uncringe weed with every reagent but lipolicide removed and 100 potency

i didnt know lipolicide did toxin damage if you ran out of food in your system so everybody who ate the uncringe weed trying to cure the cringe died

another round i managed to do the stable pink core + bluespace bag trick to bring two megafauna to the station and i tried to put an ash drake in the security post but i didnt know the pink core only made them nonhostile to whoever held it, and i kicked the drake trying to put it back in the bag

shaps didnt ban me for it because i wrote him fanfic
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #536606

I built a singularity engine on the BYOS once. Not only did I forget that it was highly radioactive and forget to bring suits for the crew, I also neglected to realize that unlike the tesla, the good lord singuloth does not travel with the shuttle.

Suffice to say, evac ceased to exist when the shuttle departed.

edit: related picture

Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #536659

worth it, thats a baller as shit shuttle
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #536713

this one time i made the mistake of playing this game "ss13" until i enjoyed it
[this space reserved]
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #536714

really nothing funny about it in hindsight
[this space reserved]
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #536743

deedubya wrote:I built a singularity engine on the BYOS once. Not only did I forget that it was highly radioactive and forget to bring suits for the crew, I also neglected to realize that unlike the tesla, the good lord singuloth does not travel with the shuttle.

It's also a bad idea because the singularity actively pulls everyone repeatedly into the containment field.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #536763

I have a clip of this somewhere but, I recently was killing the colossus as a miner. Only when I was about to be done an ash drake walked up and started spewing fire. I get lit on fire and start to panic and try to teleport away with the hiero club. Only for the colossus to break down the walls and teleport up with me. Not one of my finer moments...
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #536767

Naloac wrote:I have a clip of this somewhere but, I recently was killing the colossus as a miner. Only when I was about to be done an ash drake walked up and started spewing fire. I get lit on fire and start to panic and try to teleport away with the hiero club. Only for the colossus to break down the walls and teleport up with me. Not one of my finer moments...
this has been happening a lot recently and i dont know if i want it to get fixed so people dont get bwoinked for accidentally killing dozens of people or left in as a hilarious round ending fuckup

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #536771

nianjiilical wrote:
Naloac wrote:I have a clip of this somewhere but, I recently was killing the colossus as a miner. Only when I was about to be done an ash drake walked up and started spewing fire. I get lit on fire and start to panic and try to teleport away with the hiero club. Only for the colossus to break down the walls and teleport up with me. Not one of my finer moments...
this has been happening a lot recently and i dont know if i want it to get fixed so people dont get bwoinked for accidentally killing dozens of people or left in as a hilarious round ending fuckup
Leave it, bwoink people that do it more than once.
CPTANT wrote:It's also a bad idea because the singularity actively pulls everyone repeatedly into the containment field.
Yeah I realized this pretty quickly, and put up windows around the field after reducing the singulo back down to stage 1 temporarily. It's not my screenshot so the work I did on it afterwards(seating, windows, etc) isn't visible(or entirely relevant to the story, still a bad idea)
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
YuiY1997
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Post by YuiY1997 » #537042

When I was first starting to play I started on chem because I wanted to make booms and lethal things. I figured out you could put two metamaterial beakers of meth into a single chemical grenade. I made several of these. I had no idea how big the explosion would be but someone shot at me and my great idea of retaliating was to throw grenades. Several hull breaches later the guy still wasnt dead and shot the grenade in my hand on the shuttle killing a fuckload of people. Admins were not happy.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #537062

Round had been going for a while, cap got dunked in maint by a lone op who turned on the self destruct. Shuttle wasn’t going to make it in time, I decide to sacrifice myself to save the crew and grab a second bag of holding. Run to the vault just in time to BoH bomb it. Disaster averted. Shuttle arrival time hits 0:00. And stays there. Turns out the game had no clue what to do so everything broke. Admins had to reboot.

Another time I was chief engineer. Set up a quantum pad in the supermatter containment and one next to the protolathe. Proceeded to mass produce stock parts and teleport them into the engine to become irradiated and then produce more power into the grid. Small lagspike when I teleport the parts so I eventually decided I had done plenty and it was time to stop. But then something happened and the engine began to delaminate. That wasn’t the problem though, the problem was the pressure change caused by the delaminating engine gas that moved OVER A THOUSAND STOCK PARTS AT ONCE. Fabric of reality proceeds to begin delaminating. Nanotrasen sends an official over to fire a BSA at the engine but everything is so slow it’s impossible to aim and fire it. Admins had to reboot.

Another round I was your typical roboticist, praising the machine spirits that run the station and making comments towards a microwave that would land me with a sexual harassment complaint had it been a crew member. Just minding my own business when I realize the guy who just walked into robotics had red eyes. Flash and bash, stab and bag. Have a few more conflicts before it becomes clear cult has control over the station. I get a fellow science man to help me with my plan - Dunk the cult by having him get converted while I’m in his backpack with two bags of holding.
Before we can do anything the cult begins to summon Nar’Sie. I try telling everyone to back away so I can BoH bomb it without any innocents dying, but no one listens. I hear the tearing sound and decide “fuck it” and put one bag into the other.
With the entire cult having only a single walk between me and them. The BoH bomb activates, Nar’Sie is summoned, the entire cult becomes constructs and then is eaten by the BoH bomb, and then Nar’Sie herself joins them. Deadchat is going wild, entire cult (including Nar’Sie) aside from like one lucky harvester dead. CentCom announces the fact that an elder god just got Hendersoned out of existence, and then decide to still nuke us for the fun of it.

:crab: Nar’Sie is dead :crab:
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #537088

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #537112

Too many to count if I'm being honest, but only a few of them are actually amusing.

I was playing as the RD on a fairly midpop day on Box, old research scavenger hunt was already done and there was nobody working toxins so I threw together as many max-caps as I had valves for and decided to give them to mining so they could enjoy some explosions for once. Nothing too special, until I heard those magic words on the radio. "Does anyone need an assistant?" You know, that little tagline that used to be on the wiki; let you know someone was straight still-learning-to-use-their-hands new. Immediately got on the radio and summoned them over to the HoP, got them science access, sat them down and explained the job over coffee. Then I gave them a simple task- deliver this wrapped, secure crate over to cargo. No elaboration because nobody needs that bomb pressure. Only trouble is I hadn't bothered to lock the damn thing since I'd originally intended to take it myself and had wrapped it before being distracted by the fun RP.

Poor greyshirt got about halfway across the bridge hallway before the crew descended on those goodies like seagulls and started smacking the crap out of my intern. Instant screams about bombing over the radio. One or two got disassembled on the spot while others went mad pocketing and running in random directions. I barely managed to explain the situation before Security was there with batons on harm, not that it really mattered. It was almost adorable how embarrassed they were to report that they'd been stolen while we're both literally in a cell, but by now I'm just laughing and numbering up the days from the clearly inevitable ban I'm about to catch. Queue the rest of the round as "OHGODI'MGONNALOSEMYJOB" RD and her frazzled assistant running around trying to recover the explosives after the HoS came in and personally threatened to inject us both with lethal chem implants if we didn't. Lucky enough the Clown and a few other people just handed them back, while I think another was detonated out in space for fun. I'd like to believe it was an entertaining experience for somebody's early rounds at least.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #537120

one time I misclicked and accidentally made a giant patch of ice through the station

a couple minutes later I discovered it was on all zlevels

this was during a live round
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #537134

when I was learning singletanks I accidentally maxcapped myself and it caused enough lag to crash my client and the admins made fun of me for literally blowing up my connection
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #544098

deedubya wrote:I built a singularity engine on the BYOS once. Not only did I forget that it was highly radioactive and forget to bring suits for the crew, I also neglected to realize that unlike the tesla, the good lord singuloth does not travel with the shuttle.

if you put reinforced floor there it would have worked and not left the shuttle im pretty sure
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #544254

yeah the singulo was indoors once upon a time
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #544262

It'd eat the reinforced floors and might've accidentally released it if it was in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #544754

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #545101

TIL Lobotomies are a way to permenantly cripple people beyond any kind of treatment