General SS13 Chat
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #536819

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Re: Manuel - What do you people like out of AI?

Post by Horza » #536825

Things that are garbage in AI, but particularly Manuel:

Snitch AIs that rat out every single action or request even remotely suspicious or out of the ordinary even if they aren't causing human harm nor are particularly suspicious at all. These AI players, if they tend to get noticed, will always be the first target of any serious antag on the lRP servers, either murdered or lawchanged. A bit less so on Manuel, but ultimately because of the tendencies for sec to be shit, they often end up making the requester an active target for sec and then brigged because they were spotted in tech storage scrounging around for a chem board. Don't be a snitch AI.

AIs that constantly fuck with consoles and computers. I remember being HoP with an AI that would constantly fuck around with the identification console and job settings even when I requested it to stop, since it thought it could do my job better than I could. I had to cut its cameras before it got the message and finally stopped. If there's no HoP to change job assignments? No scientists doing research? No sec officers even touching the sec/warrant computers while Beepsky fucks up some guy who was set to arrest 50 minutes ago for stealing a spoon? Yeah, go ahead.

AIs that overplay the hurr-durr hateful AI SHODAN meme while constantly passive-aggressively insinuating that they'd kill everyone on the station at the drop of a hat. It's a tired gimmick.

AIs that kill everyone on the station at the drop of a hat. A recent instance on Manuel was a law change that only required AIs to cause absolute chaos as a !@%!@ law, yet said nothing about killing or murder, while asimov laws were still in effect. The AIs immediately went to plasmaflooding the station and getting their borgs to actively hunt down and kill everyone. Don't be an AI that just rolls AI in the hopes of getting antag law changes, and don't try to rules lawyer your laws into constant murdering. It should be very clear for Manuel to not do this, but it still happens.

AIs that constantly voxspam or use BIGTEXT. All that does is make people ignore the chat window since the AI is always shitposting in there. Same goes for heads, to be fair.

AIs that don't know how to do basic SM troubleshooting. Check the valves, check the pumps and their pressures, check the filters (the selected filter gases go back into the SM), turn off the emitters, and check the air alarms (either internal 0/none selected, with vents on extended siphoning). AIs should have basic knowledge of air alarms as well (when to set them to various modes) since it's rare for atmostechs to actually manage to get on-site due to limited access and paranoid department employees.

Ultimately you're an AI and it's best to play it in the furtherance of fun for the entire station and the shift overall. You're not there to validhunt or act as an omniscient sec officer. Bro it up with the humans and feel free to ignore the nonhumans if you're asimov, that kind of thing.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #536828

talk like a robot
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #536829

cacogen wrote:a
æ
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #536830

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Fri May 21, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #536834

My least favorite type of Asimov AI is the kind that acts like it's under a Robocop lawset but with a "tee hee don't kill humans at the end *wink*" and the classic "hurr durr your order harms humans." You can be a mute AI that only speaks in response to orders and be better than those guys. In terms of personality though, snarky ones are the most enjoyable to me. I've always put effort into roleplaying as an AI, but I also rarely played it and that was on the low RP servers so take this with grain of salt.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #536838

I've been preferring playing an AI who's obviously being forced to be nice to everyone. They're very chipper and helpful but their words don't exactly match that.

"Captain, given that half of the station is human, despite how much joy I would take in seeing it destroyed, I cannot allow you to leave the station with the disk!" in a really happy tone. Think Failsafe from Destiny 2.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #536860

Horza wrote:AIs that constantly voxspam or use BIGTEXT. All that does is make people ignore the chat window since the AI is always shitposting in there. Same goes for heads, to be fair.
LARGE VOICE will continue until people pay attention morale is improved
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #536873

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Fri May 21, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #536978

I play as close to machine like as humanely possible. I speak bluntly and use longhand terminology unless it's an emergency. I rarely speak unless prompted and ignore events that go on unless specifically required to by my Laws. I only report things that I am required to as vaguely as reasonably possible. I'm a big believer in the "you didn't ask" school of thought.

What I want from other players at minimum is to internalise that they aren't security or even crew-aligned
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #537094

one fun rp thing to do as ai is come up with dumb in-universe announcements, like talking about nt base sales or public employee announcements

one round i made an ai announcement that nanotrasen removed the soporifics from the paint they used on airlocks because the crew wouldnt stop huffing them, which led to admins renaming the station, turning all the lights purple, then disposing of the purple paint because the crew hated it by dumping it into lavaland and making purple dragons

just say random shit sometimes its fun
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #537467

I like polite AIs that stop being polite to people who are rude to them.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #543548

I actually liked Divina
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #543554

Tarchonvaagh wrote:I actually liked Divina
?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.