SS13 Remake Source

General SS13 Chat
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: SS13 Remake Source

Post by Remie Richards » #67334

Bottom post of the previous page:

Loonikus wrote:I think we are all forgetting the most important questions:

1. When is Metastation going to be remapped for this?

2. Where is Ians sprite?

3. Will there be ERP verbs? (ERP animations?)

4. Is the clown going to be in 4k resolution? If no, why not?

5. Fat sprites when?
1. Never, Worst map

2. No dog yet

3. No

4. technically with 3D models --> 2D sprites any resolution could be supported

5. Not unless we have a good way of scaling up normal animations/sprites.
私は完璧
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #67338

Remie Richards wrote: 1. Never, Worst map
such heresy, spouting such haram things about the glorious map, filthy infidel.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67380

Once you have found a way of scaling up, does that mean we'll get lizards?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #67387

DemonFiren wrote:Once you have found a way of scaling up, does that mean we'll get lizards?
that's not even funny. get out.
私は完璧
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #67391

Pls borgs yes but no all seeing a-eye
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #67392

yes borgs yes AI is what I want.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67395

Remie Richards wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Once you have found a way of scaling up, does that mean we'll get lizards?
that's not even funny. get out.
Being unfunny is half my job.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #67408

HURRY UP WITH THE SOUND ENGINE
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #67849

Tried to make an Autolathe, or Circuit Printer or somethin.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #68060

Goddamn, dude, that's impressive.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #68154

Destructive Analyzer.

Seems like the spritebus has slowed down a bit- any particular reason?
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #68158

Could pretty easily be changed, if it looks that disagreeable. I figured the crappy beige plastic of 1970s-80s era computers was part of the retrofuture mandate- but it can be adjusted if need be.

What machine should I try to make next? Guessing we'll need hydroponics, kitchen, and RnD tech no matter how things are arranged?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #68190

Do you guys have a basic computer frame yet? If not, perhaps one is needed.
If so, display time, maybe.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Prophoem

Post by Prophoem » #80149

Silvertorch had saved us! Now that the graphics engine is changed it is now cross platform and we can start working on the graphics. basically we aren't dead yet.
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #80221

Oh? What discussion and asset submitting sites are still active? The artists chat and piratepad went unupdated for ages.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #80304

Artists are waiting or doing their own thing for now much of the main content is not there yet its near a beta stage now really.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #80305

Oh, so its feature complete already?
Phiphler

Post by Phiphler » #80336

I'm having mixed feelings about this project.

On one hand, moving to a new engine and fixing many of the underlying problems with BYOND is a dream for SS13. On the other hand, the choice of perspective, detail and language all irk me.

The imprecision of the BYOND version is what made me slowly, slooowllyyy lose interest in SS13, but my love for 2D spessmen has never died. In fact, I started to make a design document for an open source remake, with heavy emphasis on moddability, same perspective but many more degrees of freedom in movement, new types of UI objects to simplify and enhance immerssion etc. That project is obviously far from being playable as of now.

This remake seems to have one too many things that just don't work with it. To start with, perspective. As has been pointed out in this thread, the northside of wall objects are inaccessible. There is just no way to put anything there, as it is obscured by perspective. The characters are also taller in the Y dimension than in the X dimension (is the hitbox also rectangular? could have implications for combat). The animations look at bit awkward, but that is not a problem per se. The real problem is that every article of clothing, held object etc. needs to have animation frames to fit the chosen style, which means a ton more effort and many oppertunities for bugs. C# is also a non-free language, controlled by a monolithic corporation, with tools and documentation not freely available, which will narrow down code contributions to either those who already know C#, or study the code enough to be able to make limited contributions.

I'm trying to be enthustiastic, but at this point I don't know whether to hope or despair, and thus my own project is kind of frozen as well (will it be a colossal waste of time, or 2D spessmen as we want it?).
fartman

Post by fartman » #80345

Phiphler wrote:C# is also a non-free language, controlled by a monolithic corporation, with tools and documentation not freely available
:lol:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #80352

I got Visual Studio 2010 AND 2013 complete from this Monolithic corporation because they're nice enough to do deals with colleges.
Got a shit load more from them too.

You can get Visual Studio express for working in C#.

Microsoft's website has almost endless pages on C# and there now defunct XNA stuff.
私は完璧
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #81165

Remie Richards wrote:You can get Visual Studio express for working in C#.
Or you could get Monodevelop. And have it work. For free. And opensourced.
Probably a good idea to do that, since the project's aiming for cross compatibility anyway, Monodevelop and Visual Studio don't see eye to eye on everything, so using the linux compatible one will probably help out in the long run.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #81166

While true, but C# is only windows dependant if you write it that way.

You CAN make decisions such as using Mono Vs. Xna to have better multi platform support yes.
But the official tool for C# development is Visual studio.
私は完璧
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #81357

I would like to call back all the spriters to #spacebus, stuff is happening.
Hey.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #81451

Its nice to see how everything is developing smoothly. There is also a community version of visual studio 2013 i believe.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #81454

I was sceptical at first but you guys seem to have this thing under control, mind if I hang out in #spacebus some time?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #81676

Ricotez wrote:I was sceptical at first but you guys seem to have this thing under control, mind if I hang out in #spacebus some time?
Anyone is free to join.
Hey.