Imaginary 1000 player station

General SS13 Chat
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Re: Imaginary 1000 player station

Post by WeeYakk » #60315

Violaceus wrote:How would the map look like?
Everything broken.
Violaceus wrote:How would jobs and departments look like?
955 assistants, see above.
Violaceus wrote:How would station's command staff look like?
Dead, see above.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60330

Finally we can remake the System Shock ships
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #60336

Security Officers roam in small, controlled squads through the floor-tile-less unlit hallways, hands on their batons, wary of the feral greyshirt packs that lurk around every corner with stunprods and toolboxes

Engineers struggle to defend the Singularity megasystem from interlopers, where 9 black holes thrum in an eerie rhythm to power the station. A group of Chief Engineers scramble to coordinate their underlings and pray nothing breaches.

Medbay is akin to a horror movie, with the lobby being stained a deep maroon from countless bodies dragged through it, with cloning being more of a meat factory than an advanced medical facility. The MDs and CMO descended into madness long ago, only able to communicate through panicked shrieks and strange abbreviations of the chemicals that they work with.

Science has not existed for some time. Between wars with the near-endless silicon legions and toxins misfires, there is little left of the purple and white halls. The few survivors communicate only with those brave enough to storm the depths of the fallen department.

The supply department, of course, on such a grand scale seceded. Security couldn't be bothered to reclaim it

1000 PLAYER DISTOPIA WHEN
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60430

Meanwhile, the RD uploaded You Are The Only Human to the AI, and it's deathborgs roam the halls as the roboticists are forced to pump out more for the victims.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #60436

Cecily wrote:Security Officers roam in small, controlled squads through the floor-tile-less unlit hallways, hands on their batons, wary of the feral greyshirt packs that lurk around every corner with stunprods and toolboxes

Engineers struggle to defend the Singularity megasystem from interlopers, where 9 black holes thrum in an eerie rhythm to power the station. A group of Chief Engineers scramble to coordinate their underlings and pray nothing breaches.

Medbay is akin to a horror movie, with the lobby being stained a deep maroon from countless bodies dragged through it, with cloning being more of a meat factory than an advanced medical facility. The MDs and CMO descended into madness long ago, only able to communicate through panicked shrieks and strange abbreviations of the chemicals that they work with.

Science has not existed for some time. Between wars with the near-endless silicon legions and toxins misfires, there is little left of the purple and white halls. The few survivors communicate only with those brave enough to storm the depths of the fallen department.

The supply department, of course, on such a grand scale seceded. Security couldn't be bothered to reclaim it

1000 PLAYER DISTOPIA WHEN
This is exactly how I imagine it. A kind of twisted horror story.
Though I imagine supply has become some kind of fortress, a bank of supplies if you will. People trade lives and other found artefacts for vital items.
I also imagine the bridge to be one massive hull breach, a void of space where it used to be. The captain long gone into hiding, the HoP in a secluded dark wing of the cargo, allowed to live through Ian's will and to dish out all access to the cargo team. Clowns litter the disposals room as some kind of sick shooting gallery for bored cargo techs.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60440

And the two engineering sec officers are wearing spacesuits, dual-wielding tasers in space outside the singularity array, blasting away the tide of assistant traitors in syndicate space suits as their ammo runs out, desperately trying to avoid the dreaded click-click-click which will signal the singularities imminent release, as squadrons of mimes seal off escape with invisible walls and the escape shuttles are filled with deathsquads who run out of ammo for their pulse rifles and go down to the wave of stunprod-armed greys, firing matebas as they go, and the mech can't punch them back fast enough and then the last surviving scientist teleports aboard with a backpack full of bombs and he says:

"Now departing, TGstation13."
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #60455

Consider the sane individuals who exist upon such a station. You have probably lone assistants who have not left Maintenance for month. They have a killed monkey and eaten it's meat to survive and are at last running out. They have access and the ability to go into the halls, but do they want to? They have no food anymore and will eventually starve. What do they do? Or what about the clown? I assume that station has one clown and one mime. I would assume he is powerful. He's a good clown. A smart clown. He won't die unless he's outplayed by another crew member who is vying for power. The mime is a honed vigilante. The clown is her mission. She's probably one of the most dangerous people on the station. The botanists usually aren't too insane. The probably have a small community somewhere where they are self-sufficient. They would probably lead the charge of reformation across the station.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #60458

420goslingboy69 wrote:The botanists usually aren't too insane. The probably have a small community somewhere where they are self-sufficient. They would probably lead the charge of reformation across the station.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #60459

Saegrimr wrote:
420goslingboy69 wrote:The botanists usually aren't too insane. The probably have a small community somewhere where they are self-sufficient. They would probably lead the charge of reformation across the station.
Or they just are high on ambrosia in some freak druid cult.
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #60460

420goslingboy69 wrote:Consider the sane individuals who exist upon such a station. You have probably lone assistants who have not left Maintenance for month. They have a killed monkey and eaten it's meat to survive and are at last running out. They have access and the ability to go into the halls, but do they want to? They have no food anymore and will eventually starve. What do they do? Or what about the clown? I assume that station has one clown and one mime. I would assume he is powerful. He's a good clown. A smart clown. He won't die unless he's outplayed by another crew member who is vying for power. The mime is a honed vigilante. The clown is her mission. She's probably one of the most dangerous people on the station. The botanists usually aren't too insane. The probably have a small community somewhere where they are self-sufficient. They would probably lead the charge of reformation across the station.
I feel thats almost too hopeful. I could see the botanists walling themselves off and being self sufficient. Or going the other way and being the drug lords fuelling the madness of the greytide, sitting on their wooden thrones, which will eventually be destroyed as the greytide becomes more and more insane.

I like to imagine the AI has lost all its borgs by this point, in a constant battle between being uploaded insane laws and asmiov resets. All it can really do is watch in horror, over the cameras and interact with very little.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60463

The map would probely be a multilevel space station with each level dedicated to one certain function. So you have the Engineering Level at the bottom, and the Command Level at the top. There would be civilian sectors and whatnot as well.

There would also undoubtedly be more command level roles.

For example, from a Security perspective, you would have the Captain at the top, followed by a Head of Security who commands the entire department. Then you would have Captain Security Officers who command all of Security for one certain level, so you have the Chief Engineering Security Head or something. Then you would have Sergeants or Squad Leaders who command a squad of Officers.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #60464

For some reason I feel the AI would be a good entity on the station through and through. The constant harm has probably taken a toll on it's programming but I think it wants to be intellicarded and taken off station to anywhere. That's what every AI secretly wants.

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #60465

On a 1000 player station, you'd have much more job delegation, a much more complicated power structure.

On our current station, the chain of command roughly works like this:

Captain
Heads of Staff (HoP, HoS, etc)
Semi-Heads (QM, Warden)
Workers (Chef, Scientist, Security Officer, etc)
Assistants
AI
Cyborgs

But with a 1000 players, you would probably have a lot more ranks between that (especially more semi-heads). For instance, Science would probably have one head scientist for every lab, which oversee the scientists working in that lab and are overseen themselves by the Research Director. Security would probably have a structure similar to an army, with corporals and sergeants commanding squadrons of officers, one squad assigned to one department. Human Resources would likely have several Managers who take care of actual job applications and transfers, with the Head of Personnel keeping an eye on them and approving the more extreme transfers. And you could divide the AI into much more segments; one AI to control Science, one to control Service, one to control Supply, etc. Or: one AI to control the power, one to open and close doors, one to regulate life support...

The key in such a large power structure is that every person with some kind of authority should only have a handful of other people to directly watch over. The RD watches over his Head Scientists, who each watch over a group of 4-5 Scientists. That kind of delegation is the only way you can make something like this work.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60469

I'd imagine it to look like Babylons 1-3
Feretal
Byond Username: Feretal

Post by Feretal » #60497

Oh man this would be so great. It's impossible to have 1000 players but there are many times when we have all jobslots and like 30 assistants. If only we could have the server automatically switch to a larger map based on the population.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60501

I think it'd look like Shadowrun in space without the fantasy elements.

The extended power structure would leave dozens of ways for players to climb the ranks in their departments and gain access and items so they would actively try to sabotage each other constantly (not to mention a good chunk of them would be traitors) and security would be so much more susceptible to corruption considering this (all you need is one squad to basically make a deal with one semi-head science staff and suddenly that semi-head science staff can climb the ranks). People would die constantly but due to the 10-tube cloning room people would be picked clean but re-spawned naked and only given white jumpsuits to wear while they try to find a Human Resources employee who will give them the time of day. Most just give up and resign their fate to one of the countless bars or they just become another nameless shitlord who security will shoot at the smallest provocation, for these people are lower than assistants.

All the while regular crew members who aren't part of any command structures are just following orders constantly and trying not to become collateral damage in a power struggle they have no interest or investment in. Security, roaming the halls in squads, force everyone to constantly be returning to work so the few assistants on the station and those who don't have departmental jobs (clown, mime, janitor) become prized resources to bribe and hire to do the dirty work of the scheming power hungry department semi-heads.

Then of course there's everyone who has just said "fuck it" and fled into the maintenance tunnels to try to live their lives underground. Security will man occasional raids into maintenance where they simply kill anyone they see (it'll be mostly casteless white-shirts anyways).
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60519

Violaceus wrote:Imagine revolution rounds
They would be incredibly more difficult for the revolutionaries. Due to security patrolling the halls in squads and sending people back to work constantly there's a good chance that revolution cells would have to rely on stealth for a hell of a lot longer. Even if they were able to take over a department, security would probably isolate the whole station level/department that is suspected. Of course depending on where the rev-heads are distributed this could end up being a viable strategy, one of the cells go loud about 20-30 minutes into the round and security rushes to respond and quell the uprising, thus leaving the rest of the departments and station levels with less security members (if I was a higher up sec player, I would certainly request back up from other levels if I knew that the science wing of my level was full of revs) which would allow the revolution to spread elsewhere much faster. I imagine entire revolutionary departments would need to be put down, making them martyrs for the cause.

Somewhat related, you would see communications monitoring become massively important. We would probably have a sec-job created for this as it would become incredibly common place for sec to monitor PDA messages constantly. IRC (or whatever we call it in game) would be actually used in creative ways.

The only way a 1000 person station could function practically is if security is given much more power and wiggle room with what they're allowed to do. As an admin, it would be a fucking nightmare. Security from a policy stand point would have to be allowed to execute people in the field if they need to (as I implied with my previous post) and players would have to understand that you have to be on your best behavior around security at all times. Being a random shitler and toe-ing the line wouldn't be punishable it would just be understood that if you break a window and sec catches you, you're probably gonna get fucked up. Admins would only step in if someone is killing folks as a non-antag FNR or if security are being particularly harsh with their justice.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60520

Basically each round would be a mix of Shadowrun (for the heads and semi-heads, along with the independent crew that have jobs that allow them to move around freely) and the Judge Dredd universe (for the rest of the crew and security).
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60521

Global Radio Chatter will probably be disabled, or at least limited in range. Imagine how many screams of HELP there would be. Department radio channels would likely be used a lot more.

Only station-wide announcements can be used to communicate globally.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60522

On that note I can see a new job of "communications officer" appearing.

Headsets would be limited to talking to those in your immedient coworkers. If you wanted to call someone in another department you would have to call a comm officer and have them transfer your call. There would also be a emergency call like 911 or 000 to call security.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60526

Steelpoint wrote:On that note I can see a new job of "communications officer" appearing.

Headsets would be limited to talking to those in your immedient coworkers. If you wanted to call someone in another department you would have to call a comm officer and have them transfer your call. There would also be a emergency call like 911 or 000 to call security.
These guys would be in the same department as the ones monitoring PDA and IRC messages.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60531

There would likely be a Master AI player, and other players will act as it's various subsystems. So the AI is almost a mini-department that operates on stricter rules (Enforced loyalty) kind of like the AI and it's borgs.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60534

It'd have to be RoboCop law set from the beginning or something similar. Asimov would simply be way too fucking impossible
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #60541

F-f-f-fanfiction time.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges Β» Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60555

This thread inspired me to try to craft a fun event: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2617 if anyone's interested to contribute there too.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #60578

Assuming the AI runs on Asimov, the entire reptilian population will have seceded, stripping the station of everything they need to make the Derelict habitable.
Then occasionally launching raids whenever "GAS THE LIZARDS" makes its way over comms.

I can also see the Chaplain leading a crusade against the Grey Tribe.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #60593

Someone will have opened 200 clown slots, all occupied.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #60597

Steelpoint wrote:On that note I can see a new job of "communications officer" appearing.

A job that exists solely to talk to other players and without whom the station will fall apart.

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #60598

I would like to see a round play out with 145.9 [Common] removed from headsets. Keep it on station-bounced comms, just remove it from headsets.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60602

Code it as a config option or toggle and lets try it out
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60604

just destroy the Common tcomms hub at roundstart
if you want comms you have to work for it
Image Image Image
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #60605

Ikarrus wrote:Code it as a config option or toggle and lets try it out
Not possible with the way Telecomms works now, you have to modify the map. Remove the Common server, for example.

Well okay, it IS possible, but not without blocking the channel in a hacky manner and causing all sorts of confusion.
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60624

I did try a couple of no common channel as CE rounds, it just resulted in a bunch of people complaining that they couldn't share their verbal diarrhoea and a few people stalking me to get their valids on because they thought I was an antagonist
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #60714

Oh my, I imagine a kitchen team, with many cooks and one chef overseeing the magic being done. With sharp knives to hunt assi- fresh meat in the wild maints.
With so many people, meat would never run out, and no matter how wild and dangerous the station were, even those foolish cargonians would have to submit to the needs of the flesh and pay respects to the mighty empire of kitchen/botanics.

That was a nice dream, maybe in a hundred of years or so.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #60717

Malkevin wrote:I did try a couple of no common channel as CE rounds, it just resulted in a bunch of people complaining that they couldn't share their verbal diarrhoea and a few people stalking me to get their valids on because they thought I was an antagonist
You purposely sabotaged a vital piece of equipment, then complain that people thought you were an antagonist?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60729

Common channel is only vital for the grey tide. Everyone else but the clown has departmental radio.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60736

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure EC was one of the fecktards.

I made an announcement 10 minutes before hand that the common server would be taken down for scheduled maintenance - something that wouldn't be outside the CE's job role, what kind of antag telegraphs their intent to sabotage the station.

And common comms aren't vital, they're a nice thing to have.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #60742

capi duffman wrote:Oh my, I imagine a kitchen team, with many cooks and one chef overseeing the magic being done. With sharp knives to hunt assi- fresh meat in the wild maints.
With so many people, meat would never run out, and no matter how wild and dangerous the station were, even those foolish cargonians would have to submit to the needs of the flesh and pay respects to the mighty empire of kitchen/botanics.

That was a nice dream, maybe in a hundred of years or so.
Except supply can order pizza crates, the archnemesis of any cook.

And if they've got a research setup running (stolen parts, of course) they can build their own botany and kitchen.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #60762

You guys forget the chef, that to feed 999 crew members made so many toasted sandwiches with advanced microwaves that they developed their own hive mind.
At the same time the chef went batshit insane and the freezer room looks like Ed Gein house on many, many bloody steroids.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #60788

So the Cooks are a hiveminde superorganism, cooking silently in unison and guarded by 20 goats.

What about Atmos? An enormous jungle of pipes, filled with gas masked savages wielding fire axes and swinging from pipe vines?
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #60790

Atmos would be completely locked down by security, being on the level of the rest of engineering with the ability to start venting plasma and other fun gasses everywhere.
Feretal
Byond Username: Feretal

Post by Feretal » #60792

Multiple sub-captains all trying to be the ultimate condom.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #60793

Man, imagine the investigations department. Teams of detectives all working different cases. That would be fun.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #60795

Shoot, would sec need badges differing depending on what kind of cases they work?
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #60798

It would sort of be like playing in one of the wards of a 40k spaceship.
Scones

Post by Scones » #60807

Pybro wrote:So the Cooks are a hiveminde superorganism, cooking silently in unison and guarded by 20 goats.

What about Atmos? An enormous jungle of pipes, filled with gas masked savages wielding fire axes and swinging from pipe vines?
'Pipe autists' has never been a more suiting term.

Hundreds of miles of pipes snake through the impassable Atmosian Jungle, the inner workings of which are long lost even to the natives of the region. Only perhaps the wizened elders of the tribes have even the slightest inkling of where failed projects end of vital systems begin. There is an almost machine-cult-esque view on the networks, with their attendants praying to a select handful of gods to show them how to properly reconfigure pipes. Ironically, the status has become both a blessing and a curse - The setup is so complex is defies any attempt at sabotage. Cyborgs short-circuit trying to make sense of the loops. Conversely, were something serious to ever go wrong... There is doubt that even working united the denizens of the department could repair it.
Wyzack wrote:Man, imagine the investigations department. Teams of detectives all working different cases. That would be fun.
I just like to imagine a police station wherein everyone monologues constantly.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #60809

I wish this was real.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60827

and the QM STILL won't be a head.

hahahahaahah
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Scones

Post by Scones » #60829

So when can we have a Telecommunications Technician
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #60872

Ikarrus wrote:and the QM STILL won't be a head.

hahahahaahah
Implying the QM isn't actually a head.
Just on paper.