shirbu complaint serious discussion

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

shirbu complaint serious discussion

Post by terranaut » #560789

cringe admin playing out his power phantasies by dicking on a player and putting his path to righteousness above the round of everyone else for requesting cringe music
Last edited by terranaut on Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: shirbu appeal serious discussion

Post by trollbreeder » #560791

lol just right click and press the BSA button
or better yet, just say no
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: shirbu complaint serious discussion

Post by wesoda25 » #560792

on one hand he probably shouldn’t have fucked with the captain but on the other imagine complaining when you ahelp retarded shit and an admin messes with you
[this space reserved]
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560794

wesoda25 wrote:on one hand he probably shouldn’t have fucked with the captain but on the other imagine complaining when you ahelp retarded shit and an admin messes with you
theres messing with someone and theres letting a lone op nuke the station and end a malf round
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560796

yeah i think the admin was kinda dumb but I also find it hard to have any sort of sympathy for the guy who made the complaint
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560798

also wheres my peanut thread about the bgo complaint, that seems like a much more egregious case of admin abuse
[this space reserved]
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #560799

I don't see how the song is racist.

The song is about a dignified southern gentleman of colour expressing his desire for clean Christian living and civil rights without involving the northern race hustling carpetbaggers of the NAACP.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560800

Kryson wrote:I don't see how the song is racist.

The song is about a dignified southern gentleman of colour expressing his desire for clean Christian living and civil rights without involving the northern race hustling carpetbaggers of the NAACP.
you're not being clever when you're easily disproven, retard
wesoda25 wrote:also wheres my peanut thread about the bgo complaint, that seems like a much more egregious case of admin abuse
no peanut threads here only serious discussion
you can make one calling bgo a denthead if you want
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #560803

wesoda25 wrote:on one hand he probably shouldn’t have fucked with the captain but on the other imagine complaining when you ahelp retarded shit and an admin messes with you
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #560804

terranaut wrote:you're not being clever when you're easily disproven, retard
The titular "Alabama nigger" is clearly cast as a virtuous and sympathetic person by lines 3 and 4 of the song.
Alabama nigger wrote:"I dont drink"
"I dont cuss"
Line 5 and 8 of the song states respectively:
Alabama nigger wrote:"I wanna ride on the front of the bus"
"I wanna eat where the white folks eat"
Taken together it casts the titular character as a sympathetic black man, who just desires to be afforded the same privileges as the white majority.

Later in the song, the black man desires to engage in cultural exchange by "playing in a trashy white band". I think the arts is a great way to bridge cultural divides!
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #560819

What's wrong with being racist in a video game lol?
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #560821

Shirbu is based

I dont want him not wanting to do this gimmick anymore because of your need to push the barrier on what racism is defined as

please cease
► Show Spoiler
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #560822

capn_monkeypaw wrote:
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #560824

how does ahelping a song "create work" for the admin?do americans have to stop, drop and roll in place when they see the word "nigger"?
can't he just ignore it and move on?
unless he was spamming, all the player did was ask for a song to be played when the admin offered to play songs
I bet players ahelping other shitty songs that didn't say nigger just got ignored instead of smited
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #560825

Skewing someone's screen for 45 minutes for one bad-taste n-bomb feels very DarkRP admin to me.

I'm also not understanding this "more work" thing Shirbu keeps repeating. It was a shitty ahelp worthy of a quick smite or rejection, not prolonged torture and masturbatory gloating.

I hate slurs as much as anyone, but until we put in some clear rulings this isn't acceptable punishment, in a similar vein to Vekter's recent ruling.
since this was removed I'll add that shirbu was power-tripping hard this was pretty gross. Admins sholdn't torture players for an extended period of time over non-rulebreaks (or even rulebreaks really). If it's not bad enough for a ban and it's not in good fun then frankly I get misguided dom vibes and it's super weird.

I'll also add that I'm fully in favour of smiting retards who ahelp slurs and would be fun with a ban on it. That way I upset both sides of the argument
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560826

Dude I loveeeeeee "ironic" racism hahahaha but actually the brain worms have decayed my mind so much it's no longer ironic and I'm a completely racist shithead whose mind instantly goes to "Alabama N**" when people wanted some fun joke songs played hahahaha IM NOT RACIST BTW im just a funny epic troller xD just a bit of IRONY y'all wowweee
Last edited by Anuv on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #560827

Anuv wrote:Dude I loveeeeeee "ironic" racism hahahaha but actually the brain worms have decayed my mind so much it's no longer ironic and I'm a completely racist shithead whose mind instantly goes to "Alabama Nigger" when people wanted some fun joke songs played hahahaha IM NOT RACIST BTW im just a funny epic troller xD just a bit of IRONY y'all wowweee
okay but now put yourself in the boots of anyone else who was playing that round, didn't ahelp alabama nigger, and still got nuked. pretty unfair for them, right
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560828

also on a more personal note if i'm polling things from the players i leave it as a "no wrong answers" kind of thing
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560829

Armhulen wrote:
Anuv wrote:Dude I loveeeeeee "ironic" racism hahahaha but actually the brain worms have decayed my mind so much it's no longer ironic and I'm a completely racist shithead whose mind instantly goes to "Alabama N**" when people wanted some fun joke songs played hahahaha IM NOT RACIST BTW im just a funny epic troller xD just a bit of IRONY y'all wowweee
okay but now put yourself in the boots of anyone else who was playing that round, didn't ahelp alabama nigger, and still got nuked. pretty unfair for them, right
we'll be sure to mark that round down as the very first time an incompetent captain lead to a nuke ops win and the crew were punished
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560830

Anuv wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Anuv wrote:Dude I loveeeeeee "ironic" racism hahahaha but actually the brain worms have decayed my mind so much it's no longer ironic and I'm a completely racist shithead whose mind instantly goes to "Alabama Nigger" when people wanted some fun joke songs played hahahaha IM NOT RACIST BTW im just a funny epic troller xD just a bit of IRONY y'all wowweee
we'll be sure to mark that round down as the very first time an incompetent captain lead to a nuke ops win and the crew were punished
the captain was unable to do anything due to extended admin abuse, leading to a lone op jsut grabbing the disk
that's not captain incompetence, it's an admin deciding whatever he feels about some internet retard saying nigger is more important than the fun of fifty or whatever people.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560831

Anuv wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
he wasn't incompetent he was permanently disabled icly for an ooc move
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560834

throw the disk to the HoP this isn't hard
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560835

Anuv wrote:throw the disk to the HoP this isn't hard
He couldn't because of the denthead admin you retard, welcome to 10 posts ago
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560836

admin should read the rules and understand that when certain roles vital for the shift that require you to message the admins when you leave shouldnt be screen griefed , a real admin wouldnt have given a fuck or just gave some brain damage, a mediocre admin would have offered the cap and a negroid admin would just act like a retard
Last edited by Tlaltecuhtli on Wed May 06, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560837

>screen disabled so hard you can't do anything
>just do something and this wouldn't happen

thank you
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #560839

Maybe if it wasn't over alabama nigger I'd feel bad for the complaintee

You reap what you sow.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560841

Shadowflame909 wrote:Maybe if it wasn't over alabama nigger I'd feel bad for the complaintee

You reap what you sow.
again what about everyone else on the server who had their game end specifically because of this

i guess i don't feel bad for him either but i do feel bad for the crossfire
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #560842

heeelp people are being racist on the interneeeeeeeeet
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #560843

I will now proceed to press kill everyone button and resolve ooc issue with ic
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560844

Shadowflame909 wrote:Maybe if it wasn't over alabama nigger I'd feel bad for the complaintee

You reap what you sow.
It's not about the complaintee it's about the Admin ruining the round for everyone over one retard
It's in the same vein of dentheadery as starting a pocket singulo because the clown said "on my way to fuck your mom" and left and 5 minutes later when you run into him again, feeling smug, you ask "couldn't get it up eh" and he shrugs saying the line was too long and he waddles off.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #560846

You reap what you sow.
The idiot isn't the problem, it's that it wrecked the round and frankly the adminhelp logs are gross powertripping bullshit I dont want to see a hint of in any admin
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #560849

teepeepee wrote:how does ahelping a song "create work" for the admin?do americans have to stop, drop and roll in place when they see the word "nigger"?
alright dude not funny i just hurt myself by rolling over some broken glass i was going to clean up
Armhulen wrote: again what about everyone else on the server who had their game end specifically because of this

i guess i don't feel bad for him either but i do feel bad for the crossfire
this thread right now:
[youtube]Gm2x6CVIXiE[/youtube]
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560851

terranaut wrote:
Anuv wrote:throw the disk to the HoP this isn't hard
He couldn't because of the denthead admin you retard, welcome to 10 posts ago
Wow dude last time I checked a 90 degree screen rotation didn't disable UI interaction, but I understand that it may be too much for someone whose ckey has Fag in it and loves to send admins the Funny N** Song
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560852

more pictures of client shifting, i had to head north (which was right) to find the emergency shuttle on centcom and yup it looks like vomit
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #560854

Throwback to my robustin admin complaint where I forced him into admin prison for abusing the same bug two rounds in a row and refusing to explain what he was doing other than bug abuse. Because I ruined his round it was counted as a kill and I was banned as if it was a normal FNR murder.

Fuck you robustin, don't abuse bugs.

I'm not sure where I stand on this one. I don't disagree that a smite is out of place for linking what I assume was taken as an intentionally racist song, but that one may have been too much.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #560855

wow this looks beautiful
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560856

so my question is how debilitating is getting your screen rotated actually?
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #560857

wesoda25 wrote:so my question is how debilitating is getting your screen rotated actually?
in short: veeeeeery. besides the broken icons your inputs are still the same (so going right will head towards the emergency shuttle on centcom) but your camera is changed so the emergency shuttle is to the north. basically, moving right moves you up.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #560858

Armhulen wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:so my question is how debilitating is getting your screen rotated actually?
in short: veeeeeery. besides the broken icons your inputs are still the same (so going right will head towards the emergency shuttle on centcom) but your camera is changed so the emergency shuttle is to the north. basically, moving right moves you up.
inverted controls gamers going to the emergency shuttle be like:
[youtube]YtBVJKS0tnc[/youtube]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #560859

this is the admin abuse equivalent of security's "he slipped me so he must be valid, and i now have a full license to inhumanely grief and taunt him at my leisure for the rest of the round even though that's fun for no-one but me"
"he ahelped a song request so he must be racist, and i now have a full license to inhumanely grief and taunt him at my leisure for the rest of the round even though that's fun for no-one but me"
should be deadminned
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #560860

Adminhelping a racist song should be no more than a small IC smite from the smite menu and an ahelp reject. I hate racism as much as the next guy but this is excessive.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #560868

PKPenguin321 wrote:words
so what I'm saying you're saying is... smiting people for requesting racist songs is the admin equivalent to validhunting
good take

Once I tried to get rotating the camera view to work good like it does on polaris, but I failed horribly. wish I didn't, because disorienting yourself with that would be really cool if it fucking worked.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #560874

racism: ended
round: ruined
hotel:
Spoiler:
janigger
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560884

Every time I see anuv post it's either straight up factually wrong or just retarded whinge posting. Headmins may have perma'd Deedub from the forums, but no one's ever really gone.

On another note, captain may have been an idiot but Shirbu just took that as an excuse to be a power tripping cunt - shitty admin, would be at home on yogstation.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560886

anuv (usually) has better takes than you though
[this space reserved]
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560888

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Every time I see anuv post it's either straight up factually wrong or just retarded whinge posting. Headmins may have perma'd Deedub from the forums, but no one's ever really gone.

On another note, captain may have been an idiot but Shirbu just took that as an excuse to be a power tripping cunt - shitty admin, would be at home on yogstation.
Rent free lmao
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560892

wesoda25 wrote:anuv (usually) has better takes than you though
Your takes aren't much better, so I understand why you would think this.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #560893

confused rock wrote: Once I tried to get rotating the camera view to work good like it does on polaris, but I failed horribly. wish I didn't, because disorienting yourself with that would be really cool if it fucking worked.
Kevin has something in the works. Looks like it's coming along prettt well too.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560899

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
lol
[this space reserved]
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #560901

Take two! Action!
wesoda25 wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
lol
Last time on the /tg/station 13 forum thread, anuv and the gang were figuring exactly WHO has the worst takes on everything.

Next time on the /tg/station 13 forum thread:
no u: the argument