BGObandit peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

BGObandit peanut thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #560833

Bottom post of the previous page:

Does BGO in your username stand for boardgamesonline thus making you the boardgamesonlinebandit

or...
► Show Spoiler
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: BGObandit peanut thread

Post by Naloac » #562066

I dont really see why people think the ban to the admin is too far? we ban players all the time for murders they cause. bandit caused abunch of innocent people to die because they wanted rid of abunch of tiders.. if they had done something different and maybe sent someone to deal with just tiders this wouldnt have been an issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #562074

Naloac wrote:I dont really see why people think the ban to the admin is too far? we ban players all the time for murders they cause
No see it’s okay when WE do it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #562075

Nabski wrote:get the implant required to shoot it

Just remove the firing pin and put a standard one on from the wardens office
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #562086

Big Gaping Orifice Bandit
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #562088

Naloac wrote:I dont really see why people think the ban to the admin is too far?
dunnoman, admins have been a protected class for forever on TG, change upsets people.
Some of the shit that has been pulled over the last few years has been insane. Pedo accusations et all.
I'd rather shit goes beyond "we talked in secret discord" when it comes to sthuff like this where someone grossly oversteps their shit as a glorified janny and starts playing thought-police with admin buttons.
Being policed by unfathomable dentheads who can never be wrong and don't have backlash for their actions also sours servers.

Then again, trying to get him to apologize for anything kinda highlighted he really doesn't give a shit in the first place about what he did to the players nor the game. Man's burned out and that's normal when you grow up and start to realize being and admin is gay and thankless.
My beef would have ended with him going "i am really sorry" but the man is too darn angery for that.
Mission Passed
Respect+
Eh, it's over anyway, where's the traxx drama.
signnatrire
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #562119

Reeeee wrote:
Naloac wrote:I dont really see why people think the ban to the admin is too far?
dunnoman, admins have been a protected class for forever on TG, change upsets people.
Some of the shit that has been pulled over the last few years has been insane. Pedo accusations et all.
I'd rather shit goes beyond "we talked in secret discord" when it comes to sthuff like this where someone grossly oversteps their shit as a glorified janny and starts playing thought-police with admin buttons.
Being policed by unfathomable dentheads who can never be wrong and don't have backlash for their actions also sours servers.

Then again, trying to get him to apologize for anything kinda highlighted he really doesn't give a shit in the first place about what he did to the players nor the game. Man's burned out and that's normal when you grow up and start to realize being and admin is gay and thankless.
My beef would have ended with him going "i am really sorry" but the man is too darn angery for that.
Mission Passed
Respect+
Eh, it's over anyway, where's the traxx drama.
Because thrax being punished is crystal clear, the only travesty would be them not having their admin privilege taken away. a slap on the wrist for that kind of shit would be horrible.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #562122

cybersaber101 wrote:Because thrax being punished is crystal clear, the only travesty would be them not having their admin privilege taken away. a slap on the wrist for that kind of shit would be horrible.
He wasn't playing thought police, eh.
Man got salty after a bad day and it backfired on him gloriously. Compared to just plain out going "everyone else is fucking wrong, die faggots".
Best part about that complaint is the sec man trying to use "it interrupted roleplay" as an reason to do anything.
Nobody roleplays on manuel jej.
signnatrire
cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #562127

It's the fact that thrax purposely targeted a single player for dunking them as antag and harassed them, causing damage to the station, killing other players and playing it off like it wasn't them being mad at a single guy. It hurts your trust in dealing with admin statics when they might just do what happened here. It's really shitty and petty. I remember talking in D chat with the guy who made the complaint and doubting that an admin did it deliberately and spawned the rod, since I thought "no way an admin would do that it must be bad rng for a rod to be there at that moment" it's fucked up my trust . Atleast with bgo there was some crappy thought process and bad judgement leading to the death squad.

tldr; me sad
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #562129

cybersaber101 wrote:tldr; me sad
See, that's where i get flipped around on you, being angry in the moment is a-okay to me. Bad days happen.
He was honest that he had one and shouldn't have. Isolated incidentus that backfired massively due to circumstances out of his control.
You really have to plan shit to make rod loop, his just did.
Sad, but understandable in the grand scheme of things.
He's more human because of it, admins are humans, not magical beings. Ergo more trustworthy because of it, when you don't go on some magical head-canon journeys about sempain-admins who can do no wrong, helps you as a player when engaging them.
It didn't meet any standard but human error.

And being petty is not okay but it's understandable. He's engaged in the process of playing the game. Mistakes happen during it.

Trying to justify shit with some warped ass-pulls about "tide" isn't a-okay to me. That's where standards are applied and meet granite.
BGO told everyone to go fuck themselves since he was right and everyone else was wrong and eking out an apology from him that wasn't veiled in "i will do this shit again trust me" was like squeezing water out of rocks.
That met the "shitmin" standard pretty promptly, ruining EVERYONE's round cus he is the sempai-god-admin who can never be wrong and we should be thankful he pulled dsquad on us since we are fucking subhumans who deserve the mighty rod he lashes us with.

Ending rounds because game is not being played how you like is not an human error, it's an attitude problem and some tier of god complex. He engaged in the process of "fuck everyone here". That's not a honest mistake, that's just you ruining a round on purpose.
signnatrire
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #562415

shut up retard

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562417

If admins don’t deadmin it’ll look like they’re doing nothing. If they deadmin it’ll be a shame bc thrax is a great admin, but how they didn’t know better is beyond me. Sad situation really
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562422

I'm in the "thrax did worse" camp. At least with regards to "are they credible enough to have a position of some level of authority?"

An admin making a bad call (deathsquad) while calm is something that just requires you to inform them "no that's a bad decision" so that they can add that to their thought process next time it comes up.

Having a baby rage and using admin powers to kill someone (and fuck up others in the crossfire) is obviously wrong - the guy simply didn't give a shit and took advantage of his position to do it. Guy's issues aren't something you can fix - he has to fix them himself.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562428

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:I'm in the "thrax did worse" camp. At least with regards to "are they credible enough to have a position of some level of authority?"

An admin making a bad call (deathsquad) while calm is something that just requires you to inform them "no that's a bad decision" so that they can add that to their thought process next time it comes up.

Having a baby rage and using admin powers to kill someone (and fuck up others in the crossfire) is obviously wrong - the guy simply didn't give a shit and took advantage of his position to do it. Guy's issues aren't something you can fix - he has to fix them himself.
Is it even an argument that thrax did worse?
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562429

Reeee seems to disagree.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562431

Damn you read their posts?
[this space reserved]
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562433

wesoda25 wrote:Damn you read their posts?
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #562434

please dont hate me roman man
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #562435

General Thrax wrote:please dont hate me roman man
sorry robber from streets of rogue

but its game over on this roguelike :revolver:
► Show Spoiler
General Thrax

Post by General Thrax » #562436

Shadowflame909 wrote:
sorry robber from streets of rogue

but its game over on this roguelike :revolver:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #562437

You cannot teleport in Mayor Village
► Show Spoiler
cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #562439

...I don't want to be afraid that attacking an admin(random or static) has the potential for ooc retribution, it makes me anxious. ):
General Thrax

Post by General Thrax » #562440

luckily it will likely not happen again since i will either get deadminned or get deadminned if i do it again
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #562443

if I was the headmin team I'd be like

okay gamer that was really bad and I have half a mind to deadmin you, BUT there is no point in punishing someone who is already repenting from their mistakes. Seems counter intuitive, and you also lose an admin in an already burnt out admin-team that slowly dwindles in activity each passing day. (Who would want to constantly babysit? You just get bored.)

So, what I'd do is alert you to the fact that you're on thin ice, and any sort of misstep you'd make in a short time span (1-3 months) would 100% get you deadminned, even if it's something minor like accidentally hitting the meteors button, or spawning in a DS for greytide.

This would teach you to be less button-heavy, if at all.
► Show Spoiler
cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #562447

General Thrax wrote:luckily it will likely not happen again since i will either get deadminned or get deadminned if i do it again
No no, you're right, you're a decent admin and probably wont do it again and I should just be less anxious. It was just surreal doubting reondin(?) In D chat and ooc during the round, that really got to me.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562449

I don't hate you. It's a 2d space game that I enjoy shitposting about to procrastinate. I don't really care at all.

If you can't control your temper without abusing admin powers you should probably step back from them though. Partly for your own benefit to be honest.
General Thrax

Post by General Thrax » #562453

played a lot of stardew valley after and im feeling less like an ape
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #562485

Thrax is one of the nicest people ingame and has been had never really been in a sketchy situation ingame. After recommending them it kinda saddens me to see them do something like that but atleast they are good enough to straight up admit to what they did and take the punishment.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #562496

The thrax thing is admin abuse for personal reasons through and through. Them being sorry over the matter helps, but they sure weren't owning up until they got complainted for it.

Everyone has bad days where you're fed up with stuff, but that doesnt mean you should take it out on annoying players.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕