Admin approved bootlickery

General SS13 Chat
Captain Capitalism
Byond Username: Captain Capitalism

Admin approved bootlickery

Post by Captain Capitalism » #562191

Yes, this is a rant.

It appears that sec officers can do whatever they want on Manuel if they are chasing someone.

I was playing as the chef when I saw a sec officer chasing a guy that they were beating up 5 minutes ago. I stepped in front of it, and switched my intent away from Help, and stopped. The officer immediately forgot that he was chasing someone, and decided to stun and arrested me. As it threw me into the brig, the detective came by, I told him what happened. They argued for about 5 minutes about how letting a wanted person escape to arrest a bystander is actually justified, then the officer set my timer for another 4 minutes, before leaving. The detective thought this was bullshit and was nice enough to let me out.

Then that same officer saw me again. He screamed "ESCAPE", stunned me, arrested me, and sent me straight to the gulag. Didn't talk to anyone, didn't care that I told him that the detective let me out.

That's when I decided to send an Ahelp. After all Manuel was supposed to be a roleplay server, were people do their jobs, talk to each other, and follow the chain of command. An admin said that he'd look into it, and later (while I was still mining in the gulag) told me, that he "Resolved" it.

I don't know what his "solution" was, but I met that officer again on the shuttle. He told me that even the gods thought he was justified, and that "Next time stay the fuck out of Secs way."

So there you have it. An admin approved precedent that a Sec officer can ruin the round for a productive crew member for as much as standing in front of him, provided he was trying to arrest someone.

From my experience the average sec officer should be killed on sight, as they are as detrimental to the crew's well being, as the average traitor, and the only way they could actually help others is if you turn them into one of these: :burger:
Last edited by Captain Capitalism on Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Bootlickery of god-like proportions

Post by Shadowflame909 » #562195

make an admin complaint bro
► Show Spoiler
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562198

Lmao fucking based officer.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562199

nah officer sounds like a fag, all the guy did was change intents
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562202

Don't get caught next time
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #562203

Go out of my way to inconvenience someone

they inconvenience me back to a greater degree

oh woe is me, how could this have happened.

Fuck off OP, you dumb fuck
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #562209

Captain Capitalism wrote:I was playing as the chef when I saw a sec officer chasing a guy that they were beating up 5 minutes ago. I stepped in front of it, and switched my intent away from Help, and stopped.
hahahaha holy shit what a fucking retard, of course he would stop and detain you, you made it so he can't ever catch up with the original guy, but you're really close by and possibly an accomplice
you even recognised the situation and purpousely fucked with him, the fact that you even ahelped this shows that you're 1. a baby and 2. a banbaiting retard
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #562211

If you purposely tripped a cop while they're chasing a suspect irl do you think the outcome would be favorable to you, OP?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562213

cop could have flashed you and continued the chase, but he was nice enough to have a RP interaction with you, now you spent 10 min together and talked about which action was more morally acceptable, push the lever and step in or let the unknown suspect escape.
Captain Capitalism

Post by Captain Capitalism » #562232

Well then, why shouldn't I just stun cops, and steal all their gear if I get the same punishment anyway? Does anybody even know what a precedent means?

I wasn't banbaiting, I just have a general hatred towards sec, and I saw that officer and the clown beating up the guy in front of the kitchen for minutes, instead of actually arresting him, before sometime later he managed to run. Now I wouldn't try and stop police brutality irl, but this is a game. I didn't even attack him, didn't drop a soap in front of him, I just stood there.

As for tripping a cop irl, I still wouldn't expect to be sent to a gulag unless I'm living in North Korea, but the station wasn't even on red alert.

But thanks for showing me that most of you have no problem ruining other people's rounds over trivial stuff, even on Manuel. Sincerely fuck all of you.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562237

Yes next time you want to fuck with security fuck with them so hard they can't fuck with you back, peabrain. If you're going to be a tider you need to commit, not half ass it and then ahelp that you're being oppressed. Coward.

Edit: also i'm going to assume your name is ironic since you used the tern "bootlicker", favorite insult of first year community college commie fuckwits, i think you should have been HAPPY to be sent to the gulag.
Captain Capitalism

Post by Captain Capitalism » #562241

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Edit: also i'm going to assume your name is ironic since you used the tern "bootlicker", favorite insult of first year community college commie fuckwits, i think you should have been HAPPY to be sent to the gulag.
I can assure you that I've read enough Rothbard and Hoppe to be the the furthest thing from a commie you will ever meet on tg.

Edit: thanks for the advice.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562242

Captain Capitalism wrote:I can assure you that I've read enough Rothbard and Hoppe to be the the furthest thing from a commie you will ever meet on tg.
bro look at me im so well read 8-)
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #562258

Captain Capitalism wrote:As for tripping a cop irl, I still wouldn't expect to be sent to a gulag unless I'm living in North Korea, but the station wasn't even on red alert.
Emphasis mine. The story you've given us is that your expectations were defied. Permanent jailing over bumping into someone is unfair, but it's a bad look to complain about how unfair ss13 is. Maybe you should try to be a more savvy player rather than expecting everyone else to act like you expect them to, probably less painful and annoying that route.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #562259

OP it's a wonder you can see anything at all through that galaxy sized ego swirling around your head
Captain Capitalism

Post by Captain Capitalism » #562270

oranges wrote:OP it's a wonder you can see anything at all through that galaxy sized ego swirling around your head
You of all people criticizing other people's ego? That's rich.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #562271

If your going to decide to fuck with sec then you need to commit to fucking with them for real. It doesnt matter if you just stood in his way or slipped and stripped him. They will still punish you the same way fpr even interfering so might as well go all out and get a disabler.

Furthermore, what did you think this guys reaction would be? "Oh i was gonna arrest that guy but this chef BLOCKED MY PATH might as well just give up and go back to the brig". Of course he was gonna switch targets to you.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562275

Holy shit am I missing something? All the guy did was be on an intent in front of a sec officer, that shit happens all the fucking time when you’re sec and you just have to get fast them asap and keep going. If you’re REALLY in a hurry just flash or shove, you’ll be held up for a couple seconds, tops. Only fucking babies with power fetishes will stop and actually arrest you. I don’t even see how the officer could have known the chef did it on purpose. Of course admins wouldn’t do anything so you shouldn’t have bothered ahelping, but holy shit this just sounds like a cancer security player.
Captain Capitalism wrote:
oranges wrote:OP it's a wonder you can see anything at all through that galaxy sized ego swirling around your head
Based
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562287

wesoda25 wrote:Holy shit am I missing something? All the guy did was be on an intent in front of a sec officer, that shit happens all the fucking time when you’re sec and you just have to get fast them asap and keep going. If you’re REALLY in a hurry just flash or shove, you’ll be held up for a couple seconds, tops. Only fucking babies with power fetishes will stop and actually arrest you. I don’t even see how the officer could have known the chef did it on purpose. Of course admins wouldn’t do anything so you shouldn’t have bothered ahelping, but holy shit this just sounds like a cancer security player.
Captain Capitalism wrote:
Based
he deliberately fucked with a security officer attempting an arrest for no reason. Since he hasnt posted logs, I'm going to make the assumption that he didnt say "oops, sorry" based on his fucking attitude in this thread. He got arrested and tried to get the detective to intervene against the other security officer. Maybe this bozo is new here, but the detective is not higher on the chain of command than a beat cop. Then, the detective released him early, and maybe the detective is too stupid to change his security status to "paroled" or "released". Regardless, detective's dont have authority over the brig. They used to not even have access to the timers because they used to think they were Mini-HoS and would constantly fuck around in there. The only person who should be overturning an arrest is the HoS, or, if he is not present, the Warden, and ONLY if they have a damn good reason. "Chef called the other sec officer a dickhead" is not a good reason. You could have just alt-tabbed and gone on /d/ and jerked off to dirty smeggy futa dicks for 4 minutes and came back, and not have gotten gulagged.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Re: Admin approved bootlickery

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #562288

This reminds me of this one time I saw a police officer running after somebody, so I ran in between them and stood still, bumping into the officer and intentionally enabling this obviously innocent man to get away from the unlawful pursuit in progress.

The officer threatened to charge me with interfering with an arrest, but I reminded him that it's a public sidewalk and it's my God-given right to stand where I please, and asked for his badge number so I could report him. The officer was clearly not used to dealing with this kind of High IQ, sharp witted citizen that knows the law, and immediately apologized and walked away from the scene with his shoulders slumped and head down.

And then the whole bus clapped.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #562290

play stupid games win stupid prizes
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #562296

Let me speak for all security players here, "Captain Capitalism":

No, I'm not your dad.
No, I don't want to be your dad.
No, I'm not going to be your dad.
No, when I cuff you up and throw you into the slammer, it's not your dad telepathically taking control of me to torment you, it's you breaking the rules, being an obnoxious cunt and getting the punishment you deserve.

If you have issues, talk to your friends, or get to terms with it like everyone else. You are not special, and I am neither. But if you think you can sperg out on me because I wear a red uniform, I will keep tossing you into the jail cell over and over again, until you learn your god damn lesson.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562330

Read that in Clancy browns voice
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562331

That was beautiful, BONERMASTER.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #562343

I very much suspect the chef very much did something else besides exist on not help intent in a hallway. You don't even notice that shit when chasing, it's a normal occurrence to bump into people. Besides, that's grounds and evidence for being a blood brother if we want to go all the way to the deep end.

CLEARLY a communist tho. Only a fucking commie would try to stop a lawful arrest as role play. Should have executed the chef on the spot for being a communist imo, communists are not people.
Neither are sec and you should prepare accordingly when dealing with said mongrels by baiting them into CQC.
Shit play. Make a de borger out of sec, not get arrested.

But hey, at least the other guy got away so you achieved what you wanted, can't complain now can you? Commie.
signnatrire
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #562345

There is the wrong way to act as security, arresting people for what they did, but not why. Arrests like someone stealing an eva suit while a singulo is eating half the station. No, doing the arrest anyways because crime is crime isn't good roleplay. Security officers have feelings too, and a brain, which should override the law book when in such a crisis.

There is the right way to act as security, arresting people for why they did, not what. Such as, for example, arresting someone for "switching intents in a hallway" because they did it to intentionally sabotage security while they were performing an arrest that the shovey asshole had no knowledge of. For all shovey asshole knew, the arrest they were sabotaging could've been of a lone stealth op who had the nuke disk. But "mmyehh sec are PIGS me stop arrest" said the shovey asshole, and "When will you learn that your actions have consequences" said the security officer. And "I picked the only guy on the station who is intended as an investigator and starts with the equipment to perform investigations but instead of focusing on solving and discovering major crimes I'll let petty criminals out of brig since I don't trust the judgement of the people who specifically signed on to perform arrests, unlike me" said the detective.
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #562346

Yeah, I was that officer and you left out the part where you followed me while I was chasing him for a lap and a half around the center of Meta after he assaulted me and said "STOP".

You also forgot to mention that I only gave you 4 minutes initially, which was what the assaulter would have gotten AND the detective used hand tele to bust you out or make it look like you escaped with one. I was the basically highest level of Sec on tehe station because we only had 3 officers and a Det. No warden, No HoS and a HoPtain.

Finally, you say I yelled escape, I said, "Escapee." and pointed at you. Before taking you back to brig for a whopping 200 point gulag crime. Just fucking dig sand.

Now being inconvenienced out of 10-15ish minutes of a TWO HOUR MANUEL ROUND you decide to yell at me over comms and run around hunting for me the rest of the shift instead of cooking. Then have the audacity to try and talk shit, get served and then attack me with a knife on the shuttle where you were immediately fucking dunked.

I calmly explained everything to Rose in Bwoinks while you screeched like an ape in OOC for a full 2 minutes after the round about how they were "setting a terrible precedent for the future of /tg/station."

Besides, there was no bootlicking. Digigrade Lizards can't wear shoes.

edit: In hindsight I was playing a cat. Oh well.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562354

Sweets wrote:Yeah, I was that officer and you left out the part where you followed me while I was chasing him for a lap and a half around the center of Meta after he assaulted me and said "STOP".

You also forgot to mention that I only gave you 4 minutes initially, which was what the assaulter would have gotten AND the detective used hand tele to bust you out or make it look like you escaped with one. I was the basically highest level of Sec on tehe station because we only had 3 officers and a Det. No warden, No HoS and a HoPtain.

Finally, you say I yelled escape, I said, "Escapee." and pointed at you. Before taking you back to brig for a whopping 200 point gulag crime. Just fucking dig sand.

Now being inconvenienced out of 10-15ish minutes of a TWO HOUR MANUEL ROUND you decide to yell at me over comms and run around hunting for me the rest of the shift instead of cooking. Then have the audacity to try and talk shit, get served and then attack me with a knife on the shuttle where you were immediately fucking dunked.

I calmly explained everything to Rose in Bwoinks while you screeched like an ape in OOC for a full 2 minutes after the round about how they were "setting a terrible precedent for the future of /tg/station."

Hm how strange its almost as though OP left out a lot ot information in his original post....
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #562356

And the original post still manages to paint him in a bad light
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #562358

Local communist antagonizes security and immediately moves to banbait when it turns out he's unrobust as shit and can't really do it.
I have laughed.
signnatrire
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #562360

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #562363

looking at the logs, Reondin actually said "Escaped", and not "ESCAPE" or "Escapee.". also they were, in fact, a lizard.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #562366

OOC Captain Capitalism/(Harvey Remington) "go and get aids"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Captain Capitalism

Post by Captain Capitalism » #562369

Have fun.
SumFaggotPlayTester
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #562377

You got off easy. The fun part of manuel sec to interrogating you for ten/twenty minutes because you wasted time. A brig sentance is short, paperwork/interigation is forever. :D
Flatulent wrote:play stupid games win stupid prizes
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #562379

Timonk wrote:looking at the logs, Reondin actually said "Escaped", and not "ESCAPE" or "Escapee.". also they were, in fact, a lizard.
Ahhh my bad. The round was a couple of days ago and I had a fuzzy memory of some of the details of it. I remember a bit now because it was Me, John Mooney and Only-He-Stands-There as the three officers IIRC.

Yeah the guy who assaulted me later and I was chasing (who we arrested initially under suspicion of being a traitor for messing with the AI) was being mean to the clown, so naturally I batoned him as he was messing with the clown and told the clown he could keep him as a slave or pet or something. Harvey must have seen this and thought "HONK MAN AND RED MAN BAD."

Could I have handled it a bit better and more professionally? Probably. It would have been hard to though after the gigaton levels of verbal abuse and arguing he was throwing as soon as I stunned him for the first time.

OH YEAH, ROCK WAS THERE AS AN OFFICER TOO AND HAVING A BLOOD FEUD WITH THE AI. That was great.

Shout out to Leaf and his Nuclear Reactor in a Can and fuck you Fluffy for only talking in Moth Swedish.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562393

Captain Capitalism wrote:Have fun.
so is this an admission that you're a fuckup and tried to ban bait or what
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #562402

Sweets wrote:Yeah, I was that officer and you left out the part where you followed me while I was chasing him for a lap and a half around the center of Meta after he assaulted me and said "STOP".

ha ha ha, there it is
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #562404

if you're calling people bootlickers why is your name captain capitalism
Limey wrote:its too late.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #562405

Behind nine out of ten "SHITSEC RUINED EVERYTHINGG!!1!!" stories is a dumb tider getting what they deserved, or less.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562423

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:Behind nine out of ten "SHITSEC RUINED EVERYTHINGG!!1!!" stories is a dumb tider getting what they deserved, or less.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #562626

kat green is authoritarian right
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

afelinidisfinetoo
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #563103

Security is the job for people who are bad at video games and have impotent rage problems IRL. Asserting pixel power over others with your military LARP crew is the security du jour
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #563104

imagine if hed been polite about telling you the detective let him out instead of screaming like the king of babies haha
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563713

dont get caught
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)