suicide peanut (x19)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

suicide peanut (x19)

Post by terranaut » #562749

Bottom post of the previous page:

on the one hand
>banning because people dont want to play some shitty laggy map

on the other hand
>cringe suicide chapel on manuel

cant decide
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: suicide peanut (x19)

Post by Kendrickorium » #562863

donutstation wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:if you want to see what happens to a server that never has any admins on it, look at hippie over the last 2 years
what are you on about? pretty sure hippie has had more admins online than tg servers on average
they just don't intervene unless necessary, that's why hippie is and always was a better server
yikes
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #562865

donutstation wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:if you want to see what happens to a server that never has any admins on it, look at hippie over the last 2 years
what are you on about? pretty sure hippie has had more admins online than tg servers on average
they just don't intervene unless necessary, that's why hippie is and always was a better server
[youtube]Z4HHEbDxDJQ[/youtube]
still living in 2016 huh
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #562866

lol fuck that was a great thread
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #562869

Man_Shroom wrote:People suicide because they dont wanna play, would you have banned them if they had just closed the game and gone Braindead/SSD? You punish them for not wanting to play, by not allowing them to play. The consequences of this are, no one will wanna play on manuel.

Tl;dr Nigmins strike again
Unironically it killed manuel pop for the next few rounds
They banned every command staff mid next round and it was pain
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562870

lol hippie
[this space reserved]
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562871

now this is epic
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562873

NecromancerAnne wrote:We will never permit people to grief the round due to round circumstances or poor round performance as a result of code issues.

If you break the rules, you break the rules. End of story.
who is being griefed? the people who enjoy powerpoint presentations and didnt suicide? what rules did they break? is it failrp to not endure the 500% dilation?
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #562891

lol
Last edited by Denton on Wed May 27, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #562894

hoes mad x 19
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #562896

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cobby wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:Play on the 500% time dilation map or be banned. You have to abide by the rules so go on and roleplay as you usually would.
gaslighting this bad shouldn't be acceptable on general chat.
cringe, dont buzzwordify "gaslighting" please, it has an actual definition that isn't "saying something i disagree with"
It's not that I disagree with the statement (I do), it's the fact that the claimed reason for being banned versus what actually happened are 2 completely different things. They are (purposefully or not) misrepresenting the situation to mislead others, or at best misdirect the conversation to a theoretical situation that did not happen.

The bans were definitely regarding the orchestrated OOC into IC bombing and less so on suiciding (although some were caught in the crossfire), which should be apparent given we let people suicide literally every round. Claiming otherwise is indeed gaslighting the situation. We can however disagree/agree on the bans and length for it, which wasn't even brought up in the original post I was quoting.

If you'd like to explain how the initially post is an accurate representation and in fact just me disagreeing with his/her opinion on the situation, feel free to correct me.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562898

Cobby wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cobby wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:Play on the 500% time dilation map or be banned. You have to abide by the rules so go on and roleplay as you usually would.
gaslighting this bad shouldn't be acceptable on general chat.
cringe, dont buzzwordify "gaslighting" please, it has an actual definition that isn't "saying something i disagree with"
It's not that I disagree with the statement (I do), it's the fact that the claimed reason for being banned versus what actually happened are 2 completely different things. They are (purposefully or not) misrepresenting the situation to mislead others, or at best misdirect the conversation to a theoretical situation that did not happen.

The bans were definitely regarding the orchestrated OOC into IC bombing and less so on suiciding (although some were caught in the crossfire), which should be apparent given we let people suicide literally every round. Claiming otherwise is indeed gaslighting the situation. We can however disagree/agree on the bans and length for it, which wasn't even brought up in the original post I was quoting.

If you'd like to explain how the initially post is an accurate representation and in fact just me disagreeing with his/her opinion on the situation, feel free to correct me.
they were stating what the actions of the banning admins implied, a reasonable, albeit incorrect conclusion. gaslighting regards claims towards absolutely unreasonable conclusions and using peer pressure to make the target begin to believe it, often to the point that they doubt their own clarity of mind. it's often used in cases of domestic abuse and should not be devalued as a word.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #562908

I take back my saying the deathsquad round was the worst griff I have seen in my seven years of playing, this is worse

also lol in retrospect at people saying "you should have just banned everyone involved and then nobody would have an issue," that sure aged like fine feces
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #562910

I disagree coming to the conclusion that people got banned for not wanting to play the game is reasonable, especially on the platform where you can view the other person's side easily by going to the relevant appeal this thread was built upon.

I also disagree with the notion that because it's used in the context of domestic abused it loses meaning when used in other instances where it can be applied.

To my knowledge,mischaracterizing the situation to pit people against the administrator in question to the point where presumably people (including potentially the admin) may begin to believe it to be the correct series of a events or otherwise degrade the admin(because admin bad!), is a fair use of the term gaslighting. If that is not the correct use of the word, my apologies, but I still think the blatant mis-characterization of what happened is unacceptable for this section of the forums and "very cringe".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562913

bandit wrote:I take back my saying the deathsquad round was the worst griff I have seen in my seven years of playing, this is worse

also lol in retrospect at people saying "you should have just banned everyone involved and then nobody would have an issue," that sure aged like fine feces
be quiet
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562921

i think midnightrose is alright they were just sort of overwhelmed in this situation

mistakes happen
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #562923

that doesn't mean mistakes are good
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #562926

PLAY ON ICEBOX AND BE HAPPY OR YOU ARE BANNED, PATHETIC PLAYER!!!!!
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #562935

Flatulent wrote:PLAY ON ICEBOX AND BE HAPPY OR YOU ARE BANNED, PATHETIC PLAYER!!!!!
SUICIDE AS WIZARD OR WE SNIPE LOCATION IN OOC, PATHETIC PERSON WHO WANTS TO PLAY AS RAREST (don't jizz me on this) ANTAGONIST IN THE GAME
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #562939

Armhulen wrote:
Flatulent wrote:PLAY ON ICEBOX AND BE HAPPY OR YOU ARE BANNED, PATHETIC PLAYER!!!!!
SUICIDE AS WIZARD OR WE SNIPE LOCATION IN OOC, PATHETIC PERSON WHO WANTS TO PLAY AS RAREST (don't jizz me on this) ANTAGONIST IN THE GAME
what is space ninja
what is slaughter demon
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #562940

wesoda25 wrote:If necessary ban the people who ic in ooced, to ban the people who quietly suicided is fucking stupid. If the game is unplayable don’t punish people for not wanting to play.
this. how hard is it not to be shit at administrating?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:i think midnightrose is alright they were just sort of overwhelmed in this situation

mistakes happen
truly the secret to longevity on this server is sucking up
donutstation wrote:
i remember playing hippie and somehow ending up as security when no one else wanted to play it there and a chemist thermiting all the cells open (at that time the windows had been replaced with walls by that guy who hosted them for awhile whose name i've forgotten) so job was over because i had nothing to repair them and had prisoners to babysit and an armoury to protect, nobody else was going to do it and there was nobody to catch the guy to prevent him doing it again. so no hippie has always been shit for the reason you're saying it isn't and i doubt it's changed
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562955

Cuckogen its really hard not to be shit at administrating which is why from your comments i know no one has ever offered you the opportunity to try it
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562956

it is hard, but how far do you have to go to think banning half the server for 3 days is something that benefits anyone? if you are under influence of hard drugs and alcol you should be away from the game
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562958

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Cuckogen its really hard not to be shit at administrating which is why from your comments i know no one has ever offered you the opportunity to try it
this wasn't a hard thing to make the right decision on
NSFW:

FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #562959

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:it is hard, but how far do you have to go to think banning half the server for 3 days is something that benefits anyone? if you are under influence of hard drugs and alcol you should be away from the game
Fuck you I do what I want
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562960

spawn fun
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562964

the admins cant just blame floatenbloaten and get away with it
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #562969

cacogen wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Cuckogen its really hard not to be shit at administrating which is why from your comments i know no one has ever offered you the opportunity to try it
If the whole server was going to jump off a bridge would you join them
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #562974

What makes me the saddest is that this ended up getting rose chased out of the Manuel gamer hut and now I can't talk about the replicas :(
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562980

>Manuel gamer hut

???????
[this space reserved]
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #562983

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
cacogen wrote:
why jump off a bridge when you can just type suicide and hit enter
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #562988

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
cacogen wrote:
if the whole server was going to, i'd be part of the whole server, and therefore i'd be forced to join
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #562992

Armhulen wrote:
Remember kids antag rounds are only sacred when it supports Armhulen's argument
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563003

confused rock wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Remember kids antag rounds are only sacred when it supports Armhulen's argument
I fight for the rights of every player, does that scare you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563004

also you jizzed me on this but whatever
Fikou wrote:what is slaughter demon
wizard can spawn a ton of em alongside the event spawn
Fikou wrote: what is space ninja
little piece of shit antag, definitely was a lot more op in the past but now wizard is a way better experience for the guy playing
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #563007

what is a wizard
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563009

TheWiznard wrote:what is a wizard
magic
Spoiler:
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563013

TheWiznard wrote:what is a wizard
A miserable pile of spells
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #563062

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
cacogen wrote:
yeah
terranaut wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
cacogen wrote:
why jump off a bridge when you can just type suicide and hit enter
you can land on people below
NSFW:

afelinidisfinetoo
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #563102

The people you should avoid are those who speak in faux-apathetic lowercaps at all times. To be clear, I'm not talking about people who speak without grammar in game in order to get their messages out faster. I'm talking about those who sit down to compose an image board post with all the time in the world and willfully choose to omit punctuation and capitalization. They are not doing this to save time. In fact, they may take additional time to redact habitual grammar from their posts.

Their motivation for this style of posting is simple. They are trying to present an aura of apathy. They want to communicate: "I don't care about anything, least of all the rules of grammar." The reason they work so hard to cultivate this image of emotional invulnerability is because they are, in actual fact, extremely emotional and unstable people. If you become close to them you will catch glimpses of the volatility lurking beneath their patchwork mask of cool indifference. The lowercaps poster will silently catalog transgressions you have in its eyes committed. You will only become aware of them during the rare tantrum blowups that characterize these people. They must be avoided for your own good. The faux-apathetic lowercaps posters really could not be more pathetic.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #563106

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:The people you should avoid are those who speak in faux-apathetic lowercaps at all times. To be clear, I'm not talking about people who speak without grammar in game in order to get their messages out faster. I'm talking about those who sit down to compose an image board post with all the time in the world and willfully choose to omit punctuation and capitalization. They are not doing this to save time. In fact, they may take additional time to redact habitual grammar from their posts.

Their motivation for this style of posting is simple. They are trying to present an aura of apathy. They want to communicate: "I don't care about anything, least of all the rules of grammar." The reason they work so hard to cultivate this image of emotional invulnerability is because they are, in actual fact, extremely emotional and unstable people. If you become close to them you will catch glimpses of the volatility lurking beneath their patchwork mask of cool indifference. The lowercaps poster will silently catalog transgressions you have in its eyes committed. You will only become aware of them during the rare tantrum blowups that characterize these people. They must be avoided for your own good. The faux-apathetic lowercaps posters really could not be more pathetic.
if you use caps you're a dirty phoneposter or a tryhard, simple as
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563107

I use lowcaps because sometimes I just wanna rattle a post out and be done with it. On occasion I'll start a post with grammar then give up halfway thru and start winging it bc i realize how pointless the argument is at some point
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563109

If I'm actually serious about something I'll use proper sentence structure, but when you're hutposting (or the modern equivalent, general) its just not worth it. Not everyone will even bother reading your post, just like I'm sure many will skip your analysis of lowercap posters lol. There is some modicum of truth to what you say though.

also loling at arianya deleting peanut posts in a peanut thread
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563112

On another note I'd be more careful calling people pathetic when you posted catgirl porn on a games github bc you were afraid said game was going to remove your fetish content.
[this space reserved]
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #563115

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 pm.
Reason: Shitposts go in the hut
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563116

imagine upholding the shitposts go in the hut rule when there is no hut

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #563118

should've posted in the hut :roll:
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #563120

Did comments really get deleted for being "off topic" in general chat - our new hut?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #563122

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:The people you should avoid are those who speak in faux-apathetic lowercaps at all times. To be clear, I'm not talking about people who speak without grammar in game in order to get their messages out faster. I'm talking about those who sit down to compose an image board post with all the time in the world and willfully choose to omit punctuation and capitalization. They are not doing this to save time. In fact, they may take additional time to redact habitual grammar from their posts.

It also works for making a joke. If I say something sarcastic in proper grammar then it isn't obvious compared to typing in lowercase caps.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #563123

Forum jannies have lost it
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #563125

oranges wrote:Forum jannies have lost it
The hut?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563131

oranges wrote:Forum jannies have lost it
ari isnt actually a mod but i think we give admins forum powers now and theyre the only one that uses them or somethign
Spoiler: