Rose complaint peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Rose complaint peanut

Post by FloranOtten » #563186

Too long, didn't read

Oh neat it's 2100 words
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: Rose complaint peanut

Post by FloranOtten » #563188

Everyone seems to be ignoring the context of Manuel as a server. We've had papercode crashes, SQL crashes, the phrase "Manuel moment" exists to describe random Manuel crashes.
Someone hasn't been playing Terry.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563189

FloranOtten wrote:
Everyone seems to be ignoring the context of Manuel as a server. We've had papercode crashes, SQL crashes, the phrase "Manuel moment" exists to describe random Manuel crashes.
Do you even know what an event hall is mister
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563191

It's a valid complaint and Rose needs to chill and be less of a fucking banbot. Somewhere in the rules there's a caveat that enforcement is at discretion of admins but should always be for the betterment of the round/community. Can you say with a straight face that banning 19 people because they're trying to change the nap and avoid reliving a horrendous waste of time in an unplayable round yet again is good for anyone except someone's ban quota?
How can you say "just go play 25 minutes and wait for the inevitable hammer to ruin your round and make it unplayable", honestly why bother? Nothing you start will come to fruition. Why is that map even in rotation with such a consistent and round breaking bug?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563212

99% of admin complaint posts are stupid and bad but this dude is actually putting a lot of effort into his and seems to be acting in good faith instead of just trying to get TMR deadminned
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #563216

i think everyone involved in this situation was exercising some use of brain dumb, i think there is a sliver of credibility to saying that the response from the administrative side may have been a bit excessive to the majority of individuals for a dumb situation involving a large amount of people -- but there are people who were banned who deserved it

overall dumb situation not a whole lot to talk about imo

3/10 not very good complaint

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #563217

All this bad blood over something which in the end is inconsequential, and it makes me a bit sad to see this happen to the manuel community

I think mistakes were made all around by all parties, promise to do better next time and move on
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Kingtrin
Byond Username: Kingtrin

Post by Kingtrin » #563235

Manuel is going to have these problems because theres a population of people who jump at the opportunity to break what little roleplay there is at the first sight. Everyone suiciding does fuck all for getting the round over with in a reasonable timeframe (25 minute shuttle call during 550% time dilation lul) and it was obviously happening because we had an OOC shitshow where mob mentality came out on top. I don't know why people are shitting up OOC and calling for mass suicides on a roleplay server but its obvious they should fuck off to somewhere else.

I find it odd to see complaints about ban bots when manuel has been in desperate need of more enforcement for a while now. Yea a couple people got heavier bans than they deserved but suiciding for no reason is still bad RP on a roleplay server. Don't act like the people getting notes instead of bans are entirely innocent.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #563238

Super Aggro Crag wrote:99% of admin complaint posts are stupid and bad but this dude is actually putting a lot of effort into his and seems to be acting in good faith instead of just trying to get TMR deadminned
Even though I think you're entirely wrong the fact that you likely see most admin complaints this way and still see this one as in good faith is worthwhile anyways
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563243

Is suicideboning equivalent to murderboning?
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #563244

terranaut wrote:It's a valid complaint and Rose needs to chill and be less of a fucking banbot. Somewhere in the rules there's a caveat that enforcement is at discretion of admins but should always be for the betterment of the round/community. Can you say with a straight face that banning 19 people because they're trying to change the nap and avoid reliving a horrendous waste of time in an unplayable round yet again is good for anyone except someone's ban quota?
How can you say "just go play 25 minutes and wait for the inevitable hammer to ruin your round and make it unplayable", honestly why bother? Nothing you start will come to fruition. Why is that map even in rotation with such a consistent and round breaking bug?
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #563246

>making a complaint

Shameful display
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563250

Admins be like : "I act in the best interests of the server and playerbase"

Also admins : *ban 19 players for trying to restart yet another round with 500% time dilation*
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #563251

manuel players always talk about the fact that their rounds last 2 hours
the fact that until 30 minutes pass the time dilation wouldn't kick in would only be relevant if the wizard did a bagil style 30 minute round, something I'm sure neither the manuel players nor the admins would want
I also don't understand how the wizard would enjoy his rare antag roll playing slideshow simulator past 30 minutes
I'd say the admin was too high on dopamine after banning so many people at once and his dick was too hard for him to think with his head, but that would imply it's a person and not a robot behind this action
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #563256

Eskjjlj wrote:Admins be like : "I act in the best interests of the server and playerbase"

Also admins : *ban 19 players for trying to restart yet another round with 500% time dilation*
funny but if you actually read up on what happened the round in question was not lagging at all since you have to take specific actions on map to lag it out due to mob ai. they were trying to grief the wizard so the round would switch for something that didn't happen

as a side note "trying to restart" doesn't really tell the full story, not that you had the full story in your head when making the post
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563257

also just to talk about the icebox lag itself, mobs were being activated by people going close but not killing them just retreating, this lags out the server if done in the 255x255x2 space (bar the station) where mobs can spawn. was done on previous rounds + an orm bug that didn't let people turn in ore which wouldn't be fixed by a map vote. now you know!
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563258

I see we have a mind reader in the admin team. That's insane....

Admins be like : "Antags rounds aren't sacred. I won't give you an antag token after you died because of my event."

Also admins : "Yeah these 19 people deserved to be banned because they ruined this guy's wizard round."
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563259

Eskjjlj wrote:I see we have a mind reader in the admin team. That's insane....

Admins be like : "Antags rounds aren't sacred. I won't give you an antag token after you died because of my event."

Also admins : "Yeah these 19 people deserved to be banned because they ruined this guy's wizard round."
I could come up with better bait in my sleep
[this space reserved]
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563261

Armhulen was telling me they should have played normally until the server inevitably reached 500% time dilation 30 minutes later instead of taking action to restart for a map that was not bugged. Way to waste everyone's time.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #563264

are you defending the people who suicided because they hate icebox (good and ok) or the people who suicided and then spent the round giving away the wizard's location in OOC (bad and not ok)
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563266

Jimmius wrote:are you defending the people who suicided because they hate icebox (good and ok) or the people who suicided and then spent the round giving away the wizard's location in OOC (bad and not ok)
Giving away the wizard location in OOC is a retard move considering the server rules but when you think about it you can imagine their thought process.

1) Manuel isn't on perma dynamic.
2) They knew the server was going to break some time later because of ice box.
3) Put 1 and 2 together and have the wizard die so that the round restarts!!!!!

They were probably thinking admins had forsaken Manuel.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563287

wesoda25 wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:I see we have a mind reader in the admin team. That's insane....

I could come up with better bait in my sleep
it's just not worth it with the rocket powered goalposts man but you can't say i didn't try
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563293

glad manuel keeps people i dont like out of MY hugbox server
on a serious note this sounds like another way to piss people off because "manuelmin is banbots only!" and i feel like you shouldn't be extremely fucking furious because people want the 550% time dilation round to end in your manuel discord server
that just makes you look bad
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #563369

do you think they're roleplaying the admin complaint too and that's why it's so long?
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563370

oranges wrote:do you think they're roleplaying the admin complaint too and that's why it's so long?
without a doubt
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #563488

saprasam wrote:i feel like you shouldn't be extremely fucking furious because people want the 550% time dilation round to end in your manuel discord server
man come on literally right in this thread arm says
Armhulen wrote:funny but if you actually read up on what happened the round in question was not lagging at all since you have to take specific actions on map to lag it out due to mob ai. they were trying to grief the wizard so the round would switch for something that didn't happen
like jesus christ i know manuel bad is a popular thing to say but this is pathetic, someone is literally a few posts above saying what happened and people are still posting incorrect shit
Limey wrote:its too late.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #563490

FloranOtten wrote:
TERRY IS NOT MANUEL
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563642

Qbopper wrote: man come on literally right in this thread arm says
Armhulen wrote:funny but if you actually read up on what happened the round in question was not lagging at all since you have to take specific actions on map to lag it out due to mob ai. they were trying to grief the wizard so the round would switch for something that didn't happen
like jesus christ i know manuel bad is a popular thing to say but this is pathetic, someone is literally a few posts above saying what happened and people are still posting incorrect shit
i did not see that but i still believe the point stands that if you get incredibly angry because the playerbase is too dumb to know whats right and wrong is incorrect
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #563646

That would make more sense if the rule broken was something weird like "only medical doctors are allowed to know surgery" and lots of people were breaking it, not "you're actually not suppose to bomb yourself/the station because you THINK the time dilation is going to increase in the next 10-20 minutes".

I dont see anything wrong with being upset in people who should know better than to do that.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563661

Cobby wrote:That would make more sense if the rule broken was something weird like "only medical doctors are allowed to know surgery" and lots of people were breaking it, not "you're actually not suppose to bomb yourself/the station because you THINK the time dilation is going to increase in the next 10-20 minutes".

I dont see anything wrong with being upset in people who should know better than to do that.
that makes a lot more sense to my thooga booga brain actually, i dunno i guess i expect people to not go apeshit when people pull the dumbest fucking stunts on the planet
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563662

Just think of it this way: It's justified, but we really wish it didn't happen. Anger just muddles things and isn't really necessary

It's really the biggest thing i'd talk to rose about if I was headmin or whatever
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #563664

I thought the thrust of the complaint isnt that the bombers got banned, it was that Rose went mad with power expediency and banned a bunch of people who didnt do anything other than suicide
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕