Mario 90900 peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Mario 90900 peanut

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563574

FREE JON RIKER

Hes the original lizard for christ's sake
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: Mario 90900 peanut

Post by skoglol » #563576

We do make lizards change names (some times, eventually), but people like this make being consistent about it hard. If one lizard is allowed a human name, we gotta allow it for all of them.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563577

if you have a reason and backstory for why your human is named raised-by-lizards (hint: it's in the name) then it's okay
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563578

skoglol wrote:We do make lizards change names (some times, eventually), but people like this make being consistent about it hard. If one lizard is allowed a human name, we gotta allow it for all of them.
Naming policy is so poo ass, i played a character named Na-Ming Polisi one round and no one did anything
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #563580

since when were lizards not allowed human names? I thought randomly generated lizard names were all human, and verbs-the-noun was an optional gimmick naming convention you could pick if you wanted. It's also just bloody "jon riker", he's hardly flaunting naming policy and calling himself "aids shithead".
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563581

Since when is it illegal for lizards to have human names? Manuelmins are cringe.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #563584

a manuelmin talking about naming policy on liggers when has a char named EMOJII L-M-A-O
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563586

Jimmius wrote:since when were lizards not allowed human names? I thought randomly generated lizard names were all human, and verbs-the-noun was an optional gimmick naming convention you could pick if you wanted. It's also just bloody "jon riker", he's hardly flaunting naming policy and calling himself "aids shithead".
Random gen lizard names are usually like Tarz-Deekrum
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #563588

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:a manuelmin talking about naming policy on liggers when has a char named EMOJII L-M-A-O
It's a mime name you fuck
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563589

"May instead choose to use" isn't an obligation, it means they are allowed to choose both kinds of names

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/may?s=t
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #563590

Eskjjlj wrote:"May instead choose to use" isn't an obligation, it means they are allowed to choose both kinds of names

"May instead" means that it's being applied in the contingency of a non-human character, therefore the 3rd definition is being applied and it's actually a polite way of saying "you have to use these other options"
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563591

RaveRadbury wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:"May instead choose to use" isn't an obligation, it means they are allowed to choose both kinds of names

"May instead" means that it's being applied in the contingency of a non-human character, therefore the 3rd definition is being applied and it's actually a polite way of saying "you have to use these other options"
I am pretty sure whoever wrote the rules did not phrase them in an ambiguous way. May doesn't mean must.

Here is some more context from an online dictionary I have found. https://context.reverso.net/translation ... ead+choose

"Application for certification as a European Enforcement Order for uncontested claims should be optional for the creditor, who may instead choose the system of recognition and enforcement under Regulation (EC) No 44/2001 or other Community instruments."

"Those without fluency in French may instead choose to follow the International Baccalaureate which is taught in English."
Last edited by Eskjjlj on Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #563592

This is more the fault of a lack of policy change over species specific names over the years then any kind of wrong enforcement of the rules.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563593

lol have fun role playing with the name police on your ass
[this space reserved]
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #563594

Eskjjlj wrote:"Those without fluency in French may instead choose to follow the International Baccalaureate which is taught in English."
Your example demonstrates that it is being used to communicate a contingent tacit obligation.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563595

Pwese fwee Jon wiker
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563596

RaveRadbury wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:"Those without fluency in French may instead choose to follow the International Baccalaureate which is taught in English."
Your example demonstrates that it is being used to communicate a contingent tacit obligation.
This is getting into headmin rule lawyering territory but in the case of this example the students are allowed to choose to follow both Baccalaureates. It is up to them to choose the International one if they feel like they are not fluent enough in French. Just as it is up to the player if they want to give their character a human or a lizard name, even though a lizard with a human name may feel weird.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #563598

Your example was in regards to one alternative being offered.

The rules usage is a clause to move on to the two non-human options allowed. The "may" isn't in regards to the preceding vs the following, it is instead exclusively referring to the following.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563601

Except it’s not. Congrats though you made these entire appeal about rule lawyering bc you went against the spirit of the rules
[this space reserved]
Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #563603

Seems like headmins will have to rule on this one. Interesting case.
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563610

BGOBandit is based for once?! that's a first
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #563616

what a stupid fucking situation
retired ss13 coderman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563618

It started a discussion
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #563623

this is an example of finding a problem where there isnt one

bad administrating 101

admins exist to uphold a fun environment, not to push a rulebook -- some people get lost in the latter

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #563627

in rave's defense, the noted individual plays a lizard.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563629

Cobby wrote:in rave's defense, the noted individual plays a lizard.
But raveradbury also plays a lizard. Both are in the wrong.

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #563631

i find that hard to believe that an admin plays anything, much less a lizard.
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563632

Cobby wrote:i find that hard to believe that an admin plays anything, much less a lizard.
have you ever met heart emoji? yeah that's raveradbury
also you're a coder you also never play

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #563634

Rave Radbury is wrong. Nonhumans are ALLOWED to use their stupid gimmick joke names as well as more sensible ones.

Source: Fuck you.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563636

Raveradbury is wrong but that doesn't mean he's bad.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563644

Vekter wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:a manuelmin talking about naming policy on liggers when has a char named EMOJII L-M-A-O
It's a mime name you fuck
A mime name that breaks my immersion!
While we're on the topic, a lizard man with a human name?? What the fuck! My immersion is ruined! They should be named Eroticizes-the-Roleplay or Vores-The-Human! Those are much better RP friendly names.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #563647

naming policy is shit so i just stick to telling people to be funnier than dick joke names.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #563648

PKPenguin321 wrote: A mime name that breaks my immersion!
While we're on the topic, a lizard man with a human name?? What the fuck! My immersion is ruined! They should be named Eroticizes-the-Roleplay or Vores-The-Human! Those are much better RP friendly names.
honestly, it's disgusting what people think they can get away with in their names. here's some examples of names that break the policy just to prove it:

cyborgs named gay nibba blaster 9000 are just the same as P.O.W.E.R.
clowns named Adolf 'Super-Smooth' Hitler are just the same as Mime.
lizards named Do-You-Suck-Dix are just the same as Johnny Gatsby.

fucking non-rp shitters ruining my game
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #563660

This is an incorrect note, and apparently only placed so the person could appeal it? The correct approach here is to not place a wildly misleading note, and instead just tell them to make an admin complaint instead about the admin for getting overly busy body with the naming policy.

A) I don't know why rave was even bothering to pm them over this
B) this note should be repealed immediately
C) this should be moved to admin complaints instead where it belongs.
D) headadmins should tell rave to stop being a rules weeny
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563667

[this space reserved]
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #563668

wesoda25 wrote:Image
lol
Mattias
Byond Username: Zeronis

Post by Mattias » #563694

I might be a "new face" in TG since I've come back, needed to put together a new account and the like since the last time I played, but I'd hope that wouldn't detract from my words. So far as I've seen, Jon Riker has never been a source of contention, nor what I'd consider a disruption in any situations that I've witnessed and any situations that I've been aware of. If his name was problematic, I imagine it would have been identified as such in the last month-ish that he's been playing on this station in particular by the crew playing aboard. As far as I'm aware the only times his name has come up among the crew, it's as a curious oddity, something that people ask about and something he's prepared to give an answer for, and one that from what I can tell is satisfying to those interested in asking him. I feel like it's something that adds more to the experience of the station, while not interfering with any of the important and fun things and sets the bar pretty high from what I've seen most of the time as far as role-playing standards go.

I'd say that this is kind of a small problem that's been blown largely out of proportion due to draconian enforcement of regulations far beyond any reasonable lengths, especially since I imagine and it seems that those rules would largely be put into place to give just cause when handling blatant and offensive breaches of conduct. I'd seen that the administrator who brought up the issue wanted to compromise as appending an additional name and I have to say, is a hyphen and an additional word worth this kind of response? Was all of this needed in an effort to force an aesthetic sensibility of one individual onto another and then pressure them with those rules until he either was alienated from playing that character or bent to the pressure? Whatever the case I'd like to see Jon Riker staying as Jon Riker, he's the first lizard I met, the first lizard I knew, and has always set a dazzling example as a good player in most everywhere I'd been lucky enough to meet him, and I'm sure that given the chance he'll continue to prove that openly.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #563698

Naming policy exists so admins can tell you "No, you can't call yourself 'Sneaky Adolf'"

Not so you can be pestered mid-round with "BRO YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE CONVENTION EVERYONE ELSE IS USING, RENAME YOURSELF TO HOOVERS-THE-COCK THIS INSTANT"

Non-based.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563714

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Naming policy exists so admins can tell you "No, you can't call yourself 'Sneaky Adolf'"

Not so you can be pestered mid-round with "BRO YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE CONVENTION EVERYONE ELSE IS USING, RENAME YOURSELF TO HOOVERS-THE-COCK THIS INSTANT"

Non-based.
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563716

>rave says this is a disruptive name
>ask if someone ahelped it saying it was disruptive
>weeoo weeoo peanut
fuck off, arm
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563721

hooray, good ending achieved

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563722

wtf i love headmins now??
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou