supermatter legume

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

supermatter legume

Post by terranaut » #564238

Bottom post of the previous page:

cringe ban note
Last edited by terranaut on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: supermatter legume

Post by bandit » #564338

PLAYERS: the admins suck they don't enforce the actual rules as written but just their opinion of them!!!

ADMINS: (enforce the rules as written)

PLAYERS: no not like that
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #564339

bandit wrote:PLAYERS: the admins suck they don't enforce the actual rules as written but just their opinion of them!!!

1: the community wants the spirit of the rule upheld, not any random opinion of the rule
2: i really dont think anybody has ever demanded that rules only ever be upheld RAW
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #564341

this thing had no consequences whatsoever for anyone and likely wouldn't have been noticed if not for the "x has died" message in deadchat, better issue an official warning about it
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564342

bandit wrote:PLAYERS: the admins suck they don't enforce the actual rules as written but just their opinion of them!!!

nobody wants you to enforce the rules as written, you dipshit. people want you to make sure the community and game are enjoyable. being the kind of retarded banbot admin that makes players click adminwho, see your name and decide not to try their gimmick because they're worried about you banning them is exactly the opposite. the fact that you don't have a basic grasp of your relationship to the players and just consider yourself some kind of robocop style enforcer that doesn't need to understand what he's doing makes me think you're not cut out for this and you should probably retire.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564343

No see - players don't like it when you enforce rules that don't exist based on your own personal fancy.

Players also don't like it when you ban people just because technically you can.

Players generally don't like bans because they just want to play the game. Players don't like shit players however and as a result are fine with admins cleaning up necessary areas of the community by banning outlier shitters.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564345

it’s just canoha appeal 2 except this time the janny dig the hole so deep that he reached the opposite side of the earth
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564346

Hey bgo you said ADMINS which I find odd because you’re the only one who does this shit
[this space reserved]
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564347

he’s definitely not the first or the only admin to pull shit like that
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #564349

That would of course imply that a rule was broken. Could you look at the official rules pages, https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules and https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings, and point to which one he broke? We can drag up precedent all we want, but if the rule you enforce isnt actually a rule that players are informed of its just unfair.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564353

horse added
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564355

boohoo somebody walked into the SM after setting it up properly, leading to no longterm issues, woe is me must give note
i thought it was ok for people to commit suicide if the sm is setup
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564356

saprasam wrote:i thought it was ok for people to commit suicide if the sm is setup
It is. Note is getting erased guarantee it.
PKPenguin321 wrote:damn fellas, lay off bgo. yeah maybe the rule's outdated and yeah we ought to change it but it absolutely existed for a long time and i personally had to ban for it way back when it was still super high delam risk. the code's changed behind it and if you don't play engineering often you wouldnt know that the rule needs changing. yeah lets change the rule but no need to gang up on bgo for sport like its lord of the flies
Thing is all he had to do was go "oh the engine doesn't explode or even come at risk of it once set up? no harm no foul then I'll take the note off have a good day" doesn't even have to apologise and almost nobody here would bat an eye hell I'd even respect him for it. Instead the guy just keeps sitting behind "it's policy I had to note it" and "what if someone was in the supermatter chamber without radiation protection they'd need to not already be dead and you caused rads to kill them despite the fact they have radiation protection???"
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564357

will he pull digg posts next as valid source of ruling? how far does the rabbit hole go?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564358

damn fellas, lay off bgo. yeah maybe the rule's outdated and yeah we ought to change it but it absolutely existed for a long time and i personally had to ban for it way back when it was still super high delam risk. the code's changed behind it and if you don't play engineering often you wouldnt know that the rule needs changing. yeah lets change the rule but no need to gang up on bgo for sport like its lord of the flies
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564359

PKPenguin321 wrote:damn fellas, lay off bgo. yeah maybe the rule's outdated and yeah we ought to change it but it absolutely existed for a long time and i personally had to ban for it way back when it was still super high delam risk. the code's changed behind it and if you don't play engineering often you wouldnt know that the rule needs changing. yeah lets change the rule but no need to gang up on bgo for sport like its lord of the flies
the problem is that he's done super silly rulings/shit in the span of a few weeks, (deathsquad, note over sm suicide). if you do stupid shit and back up your stupid shit you are going to get laughed at
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564362

you would have had a point if one of his replies after being explained had been "oh shit i didnt know that was changed sorry my bad i'll remove the note"
i can also virtually guarantee you we would not be ganging up on him for being retarded if he had said something along those lines because it would show he isn't retarded.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #564363

Wait, is this a guy or a girl now?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564364

BONERMASTER wrote:Wait, is this a guy or a girl now?
why's that relevant here you fuckin hornyposter
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #564366

it's a shame TGMC's admin team don't have anything better to do than shit up a forum for their bigger brother
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #564367

oranges wrote:it's a shame TGMC's admin team don't have anything better to do than shit up a forum for their bigger brother
Don't confuse big brother with fat sister
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564370

oh my god you drew a little bird for me I'm so happy
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564373

oranges wrote:it's a shame TGMC's admin team don't have anything better to do than shit up a forum for their bigger brother
i'm capable of multitasking, i shitpost on multiple fronts
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #564378

admin give note over written ruling deadmin he
It's a fucking note you spastics
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #564379

I knew Julius, a real hardass if you ask me. Worst of the Caesars that's for sure. Honest to God this guy and his fucking spider ring made Scions look good in the worst way. Like seriously Rome and fucking Caesar both wouldn't be standing with their nose in the air were it not for these fucking weapons of war, these jacuzzi shower-damn swords of death. To think it was fucking 11,000 years old and Julius fucked with it. I don't know the story but it would appear Julius was pissed off at it and it was built for him so he could fuck with people.
Threw a couple of his legions off cliffs into the sea and to ensure Rome never, ever prospered again after his death.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #564380

??
BAN BOT
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #564381

actioninja wrote:admin give note over written ruling deadmin he
why is it that jannies still insist on the retarded "it's just a note bro" angle?
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564384

actioninja wrote:admin give note over written ruling deadmin he
and the next admin is gonna see the note and think he's a shitter
let's not pretend notes don't matter, if they didn't they could just be removed
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #564387

It's just a note you spastics
tgmc leadership should be embarassed that they have an admin of theirs that not just doesn't understand the purpose of a basic admin tool, but also loudly proclaims their ignorance.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564389

A story on that note - when Caesar was a youngish man (early 20s or so), he was captured by pirates and held for ransom.

When the pirates told him how much they were ransoming him for, Caesar laughed in their face and pulled a "do you even know who I am?" and demanded that they ask for more. He would recite poetry to them and call them savages if they didn't praise it. When he went to bed he would casually tell these pirates to shut the fuck up he was trying to sleep. He then PROMISED that the moment he was free, he would come back and crucify the lot of them - and he did.

This is also the guy who basically invented the calendar we use today after he abused how bad the roman calendar (which was based on the moon and not the sun) was to his advantage in the civil war (the Pompeian faction thought it was winter which meant that it was suicide to travel by sea, but it was actually autumn - roman ships were notoriously atrocious).

And also the first roman to lead a successful invasion of Britain, an island that the romans weren't even sure was real at the time.

The guy was practically deified upon his death and frankly he probably deserved it.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564390

actioninja wrote:It's just a note you spastics
tgmc leadership should be embarassed that they have an admin of theirs that not just doesn't understand the purpose of a basic admin tool, but also loudly proclaims their ignorance.
It's not a mystical admin tool it's a note you dunce, you use notes to keep track of important shit. Someone doing something he's allowed to do because it's of no consequence to anybody is not something you need to keep track of. Someone else might not know the context and will think it is important precisely because it's a note.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #564391

it's always the same with the admins. FIrst a note, then a symphony
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564395

actioninja wrote:It's just a note you spastics
bro

he is tgmc leadership

bro

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564398

lmao

https://tgstation13.org/wiki//index.php ... ldid=31777

editing that wiki page in the middle of an appeal involving it
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #564399

wesoda25 wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:xiv don’t take that test his ray bradbury knowledge
I wish you would.
whats ur favorite book
There's an anthology called Bradbruy Stories that I really enjoy, but I think that one was published posthumously. As far as actual books go, as opposed to short stories, the Martian Chronicles is really good even though it is a fix-up of his previous shorts. If you're not counting fix-ups as books, I prefer Something Wicked this Way Comes over Farenheit 451 as it feels like the latter suffers from Bradbury's habit of writing shorts and doesn't feel as cohesive as it could have.

In regards to his short stories, A Sound of Thunder is a powerful classic that set up the concept of chaos theory time travel for everyone who came after him. All of Summer in a Day and The Long Rain are pretty great, I think he did a better job with Venus than he did with Mars. Kaleidoscope is another short that is special to me, I used it to make my first video game; the player tries to navigate through asteroids as the dialogue of the story plays out around them.

I could keep going on but I remember plots better than I do titles, and the guy wrote a ton of stuff. I think that despite my best efforts I've only read like 60% of his stuff. I discovered his work when I was in highschool, I tried to buy his books from our school library because they were old as heck and hadn't been checked out in quite a while. The librarian told me that while I couldn't buy them I could absolutely pay the $2 fee for checking them out and "losing" them, which is how I got my copy of The Martian Chronicles (they had another copy). I would have taken more but walking around reading them and not stfu'ing about it led other people to start checking them out, so I felt bad about denying other people the opportunity to give 'em a read. Bradbury sat in a library and read for years instead of going on to college, so it seemed like he wouldn't be a fan of some kid stealing lone copies of his work from any library. Given that the guy also hated technology, I figured that I'd have to make some sort of concession as I no-life video games.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #564400

IkeTG wrote:it's always the same with the admins. FIrst a note, then a symphony
wouldn't it be a chord after a note
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564401

the symphony is the conclusion not the next step
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #564403

ive concluded that you're an idiot terranaut
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #564406

IkeTG wrote:ive concluded that you're an idiot terranaut
you have a ligger ckey
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #564407

pugie wrote:
you have a ligger ckey
so do you
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564408

took you a while, i surmise you must be much dumber
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #564409

pugie wrote:
you have a ligger ckey
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564411

RaveRadbury wrote:stuff
I’ve only ever read Fahrenheit 451 and martian chronicles, and noticed that Fahrenheit was really just a refined version of some of the ideas in chronicles. I still found the book (chronicles) interesting, but wasn’t quite as motivated to read his other stuff since I thought the same would apply to that. For the other stuff you mentioned, are they different enough to justify reading?
[this space reserved]
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #564413

pugie wrote:
you have a ligger ckey
you have a purple name
bandit

Post by bandit » #564419

FloranOtten wrote:lmao

https://tgstation13.org/wiki//index.php ... ldid=31777

editing that wiki page in the middle of an appeal involving it
edit reason:

1. denial
2. "b-but facts SHOULD care about my feelings"
3. fuck the rules, I am the law

admin feedback pls
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564420

Whats amazing to me is that you can maintain such an air of superiority after doing the dumbest shit
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #564421

if an admin is banning people for suicide at any point (regardless of what you believe to be correct), you are really doing a disservice to players by editing that to something that isn't exactly true.

I mean this is of course assuming the player isnt aware that I could go into any unprotected page right now and call you an idiot, that doesn't mean it is true.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bandit

Post by bandit » #564423

because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists? the reason I have not said "oh shit I didn't realize it was changed" is because it was not, in fact, changed.

admin feedback pls
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564424

bandit wrote:because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists?
dude i swear you have to be acting i refuse to believe you're digging a hole this deep over old policies that don't matter unironically
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564425

bandit wrote:because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists? the reason I have not said "oh shit I didn't realize it was changed" is because it was not, in fact, changed.
we are just moving in circles here, you are ignoring the spirit of the rule in favor of the word as written. you cannot genuinely believe that actioning someone for something that has zero consequence on anyones round (even less so than internals suiciding in the hop line which is just disgusting) is a good course of action, its not helping anybody. you cant action for a could've would've situation or if you do at least do it consistently and ban all the hopline internals suiciders because their blood might be transmitting diseases and grief me
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564426

bandit wrote:because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists? the reason I have not said "oh shit I didn't realize it was changed" is because it was not, in fact, changed.
on another note do you have a single fact to back any of this up
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564430

saprasam wrote:
on another note do you have a single fact to back any of this up
who are the admins and past headmins backing up bgo? sorry i must have missed them theres a lot of info in this thread!

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.