supermatter legume

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

supermatter legume

Post by terranaut » #564238

Bottom post of the previous page:

cringe ban note
Last edited by terranaut on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: supermatter legume

Post by bobbahbrown » #564430

saprasam wrote:
bandit wrote:because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists? the reason I have not said "oh shit I didn't realize it was changed" is because it was not, in fact, changed.
on another note do you have a single fact to back any of this up
who are the admins and past headmins backing up bgo? sorry i must have missed them theres a lot of info in this thread!

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #564435

saprasam wrote:
bandit wrote:because I have literally pointed out a great deal of precedent, have been backed up by several admins including former headmins that this, in fact, is precedent, and yet people choose to ignore it or deny that it exists? the reason I have not said "oh shit I didn't realize it was changed" is because it was not, in fact, changed.
Yes, I have provided many pieces of precedent from current admins and former headmins, and this thread has more admins and former headmins backing up. Just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

EDIT: The admins in question, all but one actually who are former headmins:

- Kor, linked in ban appeal
- Ausops, linked in ban appeal
- CitrusGender, linked in ban appeal
- Atlanta-Ned, linked in policy discussion
- PKPenguin, in this thread
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564439

bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:
Yes, I have provided many pieces of precedent from current admins and former headmins, and this thread has more admins and former headmins backing up. Just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

EDIT: The admins in question, all but one actually who are former headmins:

- Kor, linked in ban appeal
- Ausops, linked in ban appeal
- CitrusGender, linked in ban appeal
- Atlanta-Ned, linked in policy discussion
- PKPenguin, in this thread
i'm looking really fucking hard
LIKE REALLY HARD
and these are all fucking rulings from 2-3 years ago
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
bandit

Post by bandit » #564440

Almost every rule we have was a ruling from like 8 years ago. That doesn't mean they're suddenly not rules.

admin feedback pls
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564441

bandit wrote:Almost every rule we have was a ruling from like 8 years ago. That doesn't mean they're suddenly not rules.
it's almost like this rule was made to deal with a very specific code issue that has since been adressed and the rule is not relevant anymore as it was written at the time
welcome to the thread you are now up to speed
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564442

bandit wrote:Almost every rule we have was a ruling from like 8 years ago. That doesn't mean they're suddenly not rules.
and who said that they couldn't be changed or modified in the timespan, or different via headmin rulings? i've jumped into the SM multiple times and not once have i ever been bwoinked for it. why is sm suicide a big deal if all the bad things that have come out of it can be mitigated, or outright prevented?
Jin
Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Post by Jin » #564443

saprasam wrote:
and who said that they couldn't be changed or modified in the timespan, or different via headmin rulings? i've jumped into the SM multiple times and not once have i ever been bwoinked for it. why is sm suicide a big deal if all the bad things that have come out of it can be mitigated, or outright prevented?
it's not a big deal, bgo just doesn't like to be wrong
bandit

Post by bandit » #564446

saprasam wrote:
Except that it was not modified or changed in the timespan, and so far there has never been a headmin ruling stating it's no longer bannable to suicide into the SM. See for yourself: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings (a moderated page, so you can't go WAAAAAAAAAAAAHH I DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE WIKI)

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564447

bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:
Except that it was not modified or changed in the timespan, and so far there has never been a headmin ruling stating it's no longer bannable to suicide into the SM. See for yourself: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings (a moderated page, so you can't go WAAAAAAAAAAAAHH I DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE WIKI)
if you admit you're wrong and remove the note you won't have to get overruled by the headmins later............ and I will send you a MONKEY!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #564448

bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:
whats your point theres no headmin ruling stating that it is bannable to suicide into the sm
bandit

Post by bandit » #564449

Fikou wrote:
bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:
whats your point theres no headmin ruling stating that it is bannable to suicide into the sm
I have linked four headmins stating exactly this. The link to the page is to show that there have been zero headmin rulings that the rule is changed, and so far nobody has come up with one.

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564450

bandit wrote:
Fikou wrote:
bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:
I have linked four headmins stating exactly this.
no
bandit

Post by bandit » #564451

Saying "no" and linking a picture of a monkey doesn't change the fact that you have no argument.

admin feedback pls
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #564452

bandit wrote:Saying "no" and linking a picture of a monkey doesn't change the fact that you have no argument.
You dont have any either
Jin

Post by Jin » #564454

bgo I don't think you should be the one talking about not having an argument
bandit

Post by bandit » #564455

My argument: Suiciding into the SM, according to the current policy, is bannable. I have linked multiple admins and headmins stating that suiciding into the SM is bannable, that it is acceptable to leave a note for it, as well as public-facing pages telling players not to suicide into the SM because it is bannable. I don't know how much more clear that can be.

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564456

bandit wrote:My argument: Suiciding into the SM, according to the current policy, is bannable. I have linked multiple admins and headmins stating that suiciding into the SM is bannable, that it is acceptable to leave a note for it, as well as public-facing pages telling players not to suicide into the SM because it is bannable. I don't know how much more clear that can be.
no
bandit

Post by bandit » #564458

I don't know how to argue that reality exists against people who continually deny it.

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564460

bandit wrote:I don't know how to argue that reality exists against people who continually deny it.
I don't know how to argue that reality exists against a person who continually denies it.*

edit: monkey
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #564461

All I say is, that you and your stupid note caused more "cringe" than a guy asking you out for the summerball ever could.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564462

BONERMASTER wrote:All I say is, that you and your stupid note caused more "cringe" than a guy asking you out for the summerball ever could.
you sound mad
why are you mad?
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564463

bandit wrote:I don't know how to argue that reality exists against people who continually deny it.
i gave up on arguing with you as soon as i realized that you're more stubborn then a brick wall
bandit

Post by bandit » #564464

If someone says "four headmins said this," links to proof that those four headmins did indeed say that thing, and someone responds with "actually, they didn't," then disagreeing with that person isn't being "stubborn," it's acknowledging reality.

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564465

bandit wrote:If someone says "four headmins said this," links to proof that those four headmins did indeed say that thing, and someone responds with "actually, they didn't," then disagreeing with that person isn't being "stubborn," it's acknowledging reality.
wrong
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564467

bandit wrote:If someone says "four headmins said this," links to proof that those four headmins did indeed say that thing, and someone responds with "actually, they didn't," then disagreeing with that person isn't being "stubborn," it's acknowledging reality.
the ban appeal that you said was precedent wasn't entirely based because of him jumping into the SM, it was because and i quote "Deleted for actual mass greytiding at roundstart as a non-antag, proceeded to take a drone role and walk into the supermatter on deltastation. This is on top of previous notes."
you are exclusively taking the part of "he jumped into the SM" as the SOLE REASON for why he was banned.
you yourself on the topic of the SM suicide have said
bandit wrote:If your "suicide" takes out other people you will be punished as if you killed them without the suicide. This has always been policy. Just as you can't bomb the main hallway because suicide, you can't fuck over the SM because suicide.
, in which the person did neither of these things that are so heinous.
why is this a note? the SM was set up and no harm was done, not a single person got cancer from it, not a single person took damage, and the radcollectors got MORE power.
ok i'm done i dont wanna think anymore
Jin

Post by Jin » #564469

saprasam wrote:
the ban appeal that you said was precedent wasn't entirely based because of him jumping into the SM, it was because and i quote "Deleted for actual mass greytiding at roundstart as a non-antag, proceeded to take a drone role and walk into the supermatter on deltastation. This is on top of previous notes."
you are exclusively taking the part of "he jumped into the SM" as the SOLE REASON for why he was banned.
you yourself on the topic of the SM suicide have said
bandit wrote:If your "suicide" takes out other people you will be punished as if you killed them without the suicide. This has always been policy. Just as you can't bomb the main hallway because suicide, you can't fuck over the SM because suicide.
, in which the person did neither of these things that are so heinous.
why is this a note? the SM was set up and no harm was done, not a single person got cancer from it, not a single person took damage, and the radcollectors got MORE power.
ok i'm done i dont wanna think anymore
bgo isn't going to admit that they're wrong just because you presented valid evidence
bandit

Post by bandit » #564470

saprasam wrote:the ban appeal that you said was precedent wasn't entirely based because of him jumping into the SM, it was because and i quote "Deleted for actual mass greytiding at roundstart as a non-antag, proceeded to take a drone role and walk into the supermatter on deltastation. This is on top of previous notes."
I already addressed this in the ban appeal; the reason for the ban is walking into the supermatter, and the rest is backstory leading up to it. Ausops' comments in the appeal thread make this clear that it is about "griefing engineering," in his words.
...in which the person did neither of these things that are so heinous. why is this a note? the SM was set up and no harm was done, not a single person got cancer from it, not a single person took damage, and the radcollectors got MORE power.
I was specifically referencing bans in that quote. If people died, then I probably would placed a 1-day ban per person that died, as is the rule of thumb, possibly more or less depending on external circumstances. To my knowledge, no one died, hence it being a note and not a ban. But the reason for the note is that the rule that currently exists is that suiciding into the SM is punishable on its own.

admin feedback pls
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #564472

Who gives a crap what some retard said X years ago about the supermatter? The code was a hell of a lot different back then.
Fact of the matter is that nothing bad happened because the guy suicided into the SM. It was properly setup. Crystal stability was fine.
Applying any sort of admin punishment for that is banbot behavior.
Jin

Post by Jin » #564473

bandit wrote:
saprasam wrote:the ban appeal that you said was precedent wasn't entirely based because of him jumping into the SM, it was because and i quote "Deleted for actual mass greytiding at roundstart as a non-antag, proceeded to take a drone role and walk into the supermatter on deltastation. This is on top of previous notes."
I already addressed this in the ban appeal; the reason for the ban is walking into the supermatter, and the rest is backstory leading up to it. Ausops' comments in the appeal thread make this clear that it is about "griefing engineering," in his words.
...in which the person did neither of these things that are so heinous. why is this a note? the SM was set up and no harm was done, not a single person got cancer from it, not a single person took damage, and the radcollectors got MORE power.
I was specifically referencing bans in that quote. If people died, then I probably would placed a 1-day ban per person that died, as is the rule of thumb, possibly more or less depending on external circumstances. To my knowledge, no one died, hence it being a note and not a ban. But the reason for the note is that the rule that currently exists is that suiciding into the SM is punishable on its own.
I had no idea it was possible to be such a hard ass. The SM was set up, suiciding into it didn't cause problems for anyone in the round, and the guy had to go. When you signed up to be an admin, did you think "I am going to enforce the rules exactly as they're written" or "I am going to do my best to keep this game enjoyable for everyone"? If it was the former, you're doing something wrong.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #564474

There's BGO on a normal day and then some days he just
signnatrire
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564475

Jin and bgo are locked in a desperate struggle to see who can out bait the other
[this space reserved]
bandit

Post by bandit » #564477

I'm not trying to "bait" anyone, I'm trying to show that there is, in fact, this precedent, and that I am just working off precedent, which is what admins are supposed to rather than have 10 admins interpreting rules 10 different ways.

admin feedback pls
Jin

Post by Jin » #564478

wesoda25 wrote:Jin and bgo are locked in a desperate struggle to see who can out bait the other
whaaaaaat? noooooo, you can't just call out my bait!
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564479

bgo is now a precedent to how boomers shouldnt have admin powers
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564480

retard
Jin

Post by Jin » #564481

bgo is just a precedent to why bgo shouldn't have admin powers
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564482

How hard is it to understand that your precedents are void because the conditions when they were set no longer apply? You’re banning just for the sake of it, there’s no other way to put it since the suiciders actions hurt nobody, as proved to you several times already. You are so obsessed with the few ancient statements from admins which agree with you, but casually ignore the numerous admins who have condemned you for this, even a former headmin (whose tenure was more recent than those you referenced) saying you are wrong.
[this space reserved]
Jin

Post by Jin » #564483

I feel like every post in this thread is bait to make bgo say something even stupider
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564485

we need that tunnel to china jin
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #564488

lame bait thread
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564491

Imagine taking the time to shit on someone for 150 posts

let it be, come on
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #564492

I can't believe that Bandit would note someone for something that is, by the books, bannable. How dare they demonstrate a reasonable stance and point out what the current rules are.

Bandit is a great member of the community and its shameful to dogpile them like this. We can disagree while being respectful.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #564493

RaveRadbury wrote:I can't believe that Bandit would note someone for something that is, by the books, bannable. How dare they demonstrate a reasonable stance and point out what the current rules are.

Bandit is a great member of the community and its shameful to dogpile them like this. We can disagree while being respectful.
great post by the retard that noted a lizard for having a name they're allowed to have
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564494

teepeepee wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:I can't believe that Bandit would note someone for something that is, by the books, bannable. How dare they demonstrate a reasonable stance and point out what the current rules are.

great post by the retard that noted a lizard for having a name they're allowed to have
which, you might recall, was argued against by... bgo...
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 20#p563608
hmmm... it's almost like there's some nuance here..... nope, admin bad! admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #564495

PKPenguin321 wrote:
teepeepee wrote:

hmmm... it's almost like there's some nuance here..... nope, admin bad! admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad admin bad
yes, there are retards in the admin team
thanks for agreeing with me
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564497

sorry we're not talking about manuel
bandit

Post by bandit » #564498

I know you're in the dootdoom discord baiting this thread.

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564499

teepeepee wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
teepeepee wrote:

yes, there are retards in the admin team
thanks for agreeing with me
this post made me think so hard that my brain expanded three sizes and im now a being of pure energy
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #564501

Come on, buddy.
Rules are there for justification, not to-the-letter enforcement.
Nothing bad happened. Therefore, no punishment should be dealt out. No one had their round ruined besides the person BGO banned.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #564502

Nervere wrote:Therefore, no punishment should be dealt out. No one had their round ruined besides the person BGO banned.
It was a note that's being appealed.

Also, why do we still have faggots on the forums if they're meatballs in game now? I'm going to spend an entire shift making and renaming meatballs into faggots.
:faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot: :faggot:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #564506

teepeepee wrote:

Thanks for coming in this thread just to talk about me. I didn't know you felt that way~