people that always play the same character

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

people that always play the same character

Postby Space Panda » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:42 pm #568130

how do you feel about people that play the same character every round?
do you feel most of your experiences with these people have been positive or do you feel they have been negative?

i believe that specially in mrp servers like manuel it might influence your perception and relationship with those characters in a meta way
and depending on the character it may get kinda annoying to hear the same stuff and same story over and over again

also fuck jack anton



User avatar
SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby SkeletalElite » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 pm #568131

statics are no different to random character players, some statics are just more memorable than others.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:10 pm #568132

I know i'm always gonna be grouchy and salty about it buuut

Yet another round, Hanna Tireman, Mike Murdock, Brick Carr, all assistants, immediately fucking with security trying to fight people. Metafriends are annoying but whatever i'm over it it's really just an attribution to the fact that player vs player conflict is the best part of the game and the rest of the game falls flat, so starting conflict is fun no matter how reasonable it is
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Mickyan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 pm #568135

Making friends and foes you recognize will enrich your experience far more than treating every round as a competition in a vacuum

It does become a problem when it's repeatedly used to get an edge over others or overtakes the normal flow of the round, even with behaviors that aren't necessarily against the rules (i.e. friends helping each other regardless of antagonist status, giving special treatment to your friends over others)
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm #568136

Mickyan wrote:Making friends and foes you recognize will enrich your experience far more than treating every round as a competition in a vacuum

(giving special treatment to your friends over others)


this is the issue when the assistants are trying to fuck with security and arresting one means fighting the entire group, and they're then going to have a reason to fight security for the rest of the round

AGAIN IT'S A ME PROBLEM
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
remanseptim
 
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby remanseptim » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm #568137

i'm zachary chester, the amazing static-naming cat
Image
Image

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Nabski » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 pm #568140

remanseptim wrote:i'm zachary chester, the amazing static-naming cat

Still not amazing, still forced. It's as bad as when Janice Lean tried to put 'foxy' in the middle of their name.

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Mickyan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:50 pm #568141

Armhulen wrote:AGAIN IT'S A ME PROBLEM

I don't think it's a you problem, I always found it very frustrating that most admins will demand such high standards from security but assistants can get away with greytiding in groups on a daily basis

I would hazard a guess that's part of the reason why barely anyone wants to play security and half the server mains assistant
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

Eskjjlj
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Eskjjlj » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:01 pm #568143

You're free to slug the tide if it proves to be violent.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Shadowflame909 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:08 pm #568146

Statics just tell me that someones robust, and gives me more of a bond with said player

Except all those that change the last name of my static. They should not do that.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby wesoda25 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm #568147

If you have ever static named even just for two rounds I hate you and hope you get hit by a garbage truck

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby RaveRadbury » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:22 pm #568151

:cat:
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
saprasam
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby saprasam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 pm #568160

Armhulen wrote:I know i'm always gonna be grouchy and salty about it buuut

Yet another round, Hanna Tireman, Mike Murdock, Brick Carr, all assistants, immediately fucking with security trying to fight people. Metafriends are annoying but whatever i'm over it it's really just an attribution to the fact that player vs player conflict is the best part of the game and the rest of the game falls flat, so starting conflict is fun no matter how reasonable it is

wow i dont get recognized i see how it is
Image
tgmc admin (I HAVE LOST HUMAN RIGHTS)

User avatar
bobbahbrown
 
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 am
Location: canada
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby bobbahbrown » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:29 pm #568165

Mickyan wrote:
Armhulen wrote:AGAIN IT'S A ME PROBLEM

I don't think it's a you problem, I always found it very frustrating that most admins will demand such high standards from security but assistants can get away with greytiding in groups on a daily basis

I would hazard a guess that's part of the reason why barely anyone wants to play security and half the server mains assistant


as a player who plays security a lot i would say that the admins don't really go through all your actions as security with a fine-toothed comb; i feel we are (appropriately) given quite a bit of leeway when it comes to dealing with greytides and other related dummies

though this could just be the result of my playstyle, and my personal experiences.

best wishes,
bobbah
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Malkraz » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:02 am #568176

rock steel is eternal
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:07 am #568177

Mickyan wrote:Making friends and foes you recognize will enrich your experience far more than treating every round as a competition in a vacuum

I've almost never seen someone start a rivalry with another player that didn't involve one of them waiting for the day the other is permabanned.

I almost wanted to say I had one with eileen "moron" voron but then I remembered the reason we hate each other is for a conflict we had when I was playing a different character, I thought what she did was wrong on an ooc level in that round, and that when I considered the idea of us hating each other could be a fun thing she got personally insulted by THAT too.
Last edited by confused rock on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:45 am
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby DrPillzRedux » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am #568178

Still remember years back when people thought the ligger gang were all on metacomms because they hung out at the same spot every round. Also because they'd find each other in lockers, but when you play the same map for 4+ years, you know where to look for bodies.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz

User avatar
OhChildflayer
 
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 am
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby OhChildflayer » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am #568179

Jayson Gibson. You have an actual, literal fucking dent in your skull. I was on station for literally one minute, and just got into my office (HoP) before you came in and arrested me for being in the HoP office. I asked you to check the manifest, but you decided we should stand there for ten minutes before you left me naked and handcuffed in a hallway that had no air. You have no business playing a head role, because you have genuine, real-life brain damage, you unbelievable retard.

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Jack7D1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:20 am #568183

I like having friends. Community is my main reason of playing this game.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby oranges » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 am #568186

I have played the same character since 2011

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 am #568187

what, a ghost?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby oranges » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 am #568192

no a cunt

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:46 am #568194

I considered that possibility can we compromise and say cunt ghost
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:49 am #568197

On the opposite end there are some people who randomname but it's unclear why, because they clearly enjoy being able to recognize people from previous rounds. Met this fella who had a static appearance but changed his name between shifts and it was always a bit odd when he'd wave to me like I was supposed to recognize him (which I did OOCly, but refrained from doing ICly).
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Byond Username: Twaticus

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:50 am #568198

arm you best not be talking about the actual rp filled purple gang takeover, trying to paint it as "just assistants fucking with sec ecks dee" because you know damn well that wasnt just tiding and trying to fight people
Image
Image

cybersaber101
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 am
Location: Canada, eh?
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby cybersaber101 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:58 am #568199

Space Panda wrote:how do you feel about people that play the same character every round?
do you feel most of your experiences with these people have been positive or do you feel they have been negative?

i believe that specially in mrp servers like manuel it might influence your perception and relationship with those characters in a meta way
and depending on the character it may get kinda annoying to hear the same stuff and same story over and over again

also fuck jack anton


Who the fuck actually are you, you uncanny bastard.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:58 am #568211

TWATICUS wrote:arm you best not be talking about the actual rp filled purple gang takeover, trying to paint it as "just assistants fucking with sec ecks dee" because you know damn well that wasnt just tiding and trying to fight people

the fact that you think it was that round and not the round before or after that round demonstrates my point perfectly
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Kendrickorium
 
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 am
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Kendrickorium » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:58 am #568225

if you're trying to fight against Hanna Tireman, Mike Murdock, or Brick Carr, you might be doing things wrong.
Image

Image

User avatar
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Byond Username: Twaticus

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:58 am #568229

why would it be about the round before or after? the round after every person you mentioned was part of a team antag so it would be really dumb on your part to try and use that as an example. the round before, one(1) person you mentioned was an assistant. infact, mike was a fucking sec officer for that round. and the round before that? mike wasnt even playing. you are absolutely referring to the round i mentioned before.

dont get me wrong, i agree with the problem of the 'fucking with sec as assistant' trend since ive done a shitload of it over the years. but ill be damned if you take this round which involved a makeshift purple gang, random crew members offering to be our hostages, hop and sec(y'know the ones you said we were just fucking with) delivering us donuts, and disregard all the RP inbetween and fun had on both sides just so you can strip it down to have a vague example to go along with your salt post. if you want to namedrop me and complain about how i play, then do it about a round thats actually worth complaining about because im sure theres been plenty.
Image
Image

User avatar
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Byond Username: Twaticus

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby TWATICUS » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 am #568231

ok sorry if my post sounds too angry lov u arm
please take this photo of cat and frog(its us)
Image
Image
Image

ArcaneDefence
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 am
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby ArcaneDefence » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 am #568232

Image

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:56 am #568234

Spoiler:
TWATICUS wrote:why would it be about the round before or after? the round after every person you mentioned was part of a team antag so it would be really dumb on your part to try and use that as an example. the round before, one(1) person you mentioned was an assistant. infact, mike was a fucking sec officer for that round. and the round before that? mike wasnt even playing. you are absolutely referring to the round i mentioned before.

dont get me wrong, i agree with the problem of the 'fucking with sec as assistant' trend since ive done a shitload of it over the years. but ill be damned if you take this round which involved a makeshift purple gang, random crew members offering to be our hostages, hop and sec(y'know the ones you said we were just fucking with) delivering us donuts, and disregard all the RP inbetween and fun had on both sides just so you can strip it down to have a vague example to go along with your salt post. if you want to namedrop me and complain about how i play, then do it about a round thats actually worth complaining about because im sure theres been plenty.


well your really big frogge cat picture was cute so i'm gonna stop wasting time on my post trying to prove that consistently a swarm of people in assorted colors with no job attack security before the 10 minute mark
Spoiler:
in the round you want me to talk about:

ALL TIMES FROM ROUNDSTART
Time it took for each member to meet up: 6 minutes
Time it took to be inside the brig (starting 50 minute thing you mentioned in the armory): 7 minutes

next round:
Time it took for each member to meet up: 4 minutes
Time it took for gang to start shit with security (shoving sec, getting shot at, etc): 4 minutes
^^ so no, it doesn't matter that you were all a team antag if you did it before getting converted
Time it took for each member to get converted: 6 minutes

the previous round:
This is definitely the outlier round but I do got a bit to work with here: Jerry was with you this round instead of being sec, Bigfat played HoS and was not with you until you started shit with security (9 minute mark BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT), Brick Carr also got antag so was elsewhere.
Meeting up doesn't really count since the group wasn't here but fyi was 5 minutes
Time it took for gang to start shit with security: 9 minutes

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:58 am #568235

also from the round the hos mike arrested you, this is hilarious
[2020-07-03 05:56:27.422] SAY: 05:56:27.422] SAY: Twaticus/(Hanna Tireman) "wow i forgot how insufferable you can be mike" (Brig (200,133,2))
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Naloac
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Naloac » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:10 am #568240

All my homies hate youtubers or players with a red panda as their avatar
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
Image
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:15 am #568241

yo this is some good shit
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Flatulent
 
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Flatulent » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm #568266

British youtuber wrote:All my homies hate youtubers

🤔
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby cacogen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:18 pm #568330

i don't know why i'd care unless that character is a cunt
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Huebone
 
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 am
Byond Username: Challade

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Huebone » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:56 am #568454

Space Panda wrote:how do you feel about people that play the same character every round?
do you feel most of your experiences with these people have been positive or do you feel they have been negative?


Usually positive, I don’t notice people unless I’ve seen them repeatedly. I am one of those static characters, why? Because
NSFW:
I can’t get caught cheating on my TG GF.
I like making friends. Eventually you can team up and shit on lavaland to fight megafauna. You can’t just do that with a stranger.

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:11 am #568455

I thought about it a bit and static naming isn't inherently bad, but people can (and do) make it so. Space friends is great and all until you have the same group of people hooking up every round doing the same thing - this goes for shitters tiding, "cutesy" players sitting in the bar or whatever, so on and so forth. I think in a sense it goes against the nature of the game - what with paranoia and all - but no one would play if you couldn't static name. If anything, I greatly prefer players with numerous static characters with certain gimmicks and personalities than those who mesh whatever they want into one character. I say this with a certain amount hypocrisy having played so much time on one character (and many of the above grievances applying to me), but then I barely do such things anymore, and enjoyed myself with other characters, so maybe I'm in a position to speak a little.

User avatar
NecromancerAnne
 
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Location: Don't touch me, motherfucker...
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby NecromancerAnne » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am #568460

I basically do what wesoda just said. Rotate characters and roles and keep them vaguely the same consistency unless I forget which character I picked. Hell, one of them I adamantly wish I didn't have to ever play antag on since he is explicitly a character I play as a staunch good fella. Unfortunately dynamic has other ideas and there aren't always admins.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 pm #568486

The change I despise most out of any chance to the game, ever, is the one that makes your name randomised when you get antag which also means you can say someone definitely ISN'T an antag since they have their static name. This is fucking disgusting. It should never reach the point where your friends 300% wholeheartedly trust you. You can always stab them in the back, and you usually should.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Space Panda » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:50 pm #568487

confused rock wrote:The change I despise most out of any chance to the game, ever, is the one that makes your name randomised when you get antag which also means you can say someone definitely ISN'T an antag since they have their static name. This is fucking disgusting. It should never reach the point where your friends 300% wholeheartedly trust you. You can always stab them in the back, and you usually should.


you are not forced to use a randomized name when playing as an antag

Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:09 pm #568489

nobody should be allowed to do it
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:14 pm #568497

That is considered metagaming on everyone else's part.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby Qbopper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:19 pm #568498

confused rock wrote:The change I despise most out of any chance to the game, ever, is the one that makes your name randomised when you get antag which also means you can say someone definitely ISN'T an antag since they have their static name. This is fucking disgusting. It should never reach the point where your friends 300% wholeheartedly trust you. You can always stab them in the back, and you usually should.


wasn't this to help people like sec mains who only ever play sec unless they happen to roll antag, meaning people instantly knew they were antag if they happened to not be sec in a given round

i don't actually know if this is the case but i remember hearing something about it once
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 pm #568505

I don't think so.

I'm someone who plays sec a TON but this isn't an issue for me since I could either turn syndicate off entirely or do what I do which is play other jobs occasionally so it isn't a logical thing to think. Hell the guy I know who plays HoS almost exclusively doesn't do either of these things, if he's an assistant it's safe to assume he's an antagonist since he doesn't use the random thing.
And yeah it's metagaming but saying that won't fucking stop people from trusting those they know physically can't be antags. You can't prove they're not just a trusting person or anything like that. Hell nobody is going to take extra precautions when they know someone can't be an antag.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
NecromancerAnne
 
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Location: Don't touch me, motherfucker...
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby NecromancerAnne » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:20 pm #568506

It was made by Naloac because quite literally people wouldn't stop targeting their static endlessly regardless of whether they were antag or not because they were a notable antag player. And they play mostly assistant I'm pretty sure. Only thing is that they should have implemented random body random name in a way that you couldn't lock features for it.

Either way, being a random body random name is dreadful and seeing them about really takes me out of the game just because of how dreadful they look. With no limitations on body combinations they stick out worse than statics do, and are some of my prime suspects because they chose to look like a mulligan. This is why Mulligan toxin also doesn't work, it makes you way too obvious.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby cacogen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 pm #568510

Space Panda wrote:
confused rock wrote:The change I despise most out of any chance to the game, ever, is the one that makes your name randomised when you get antag which also means you can say someone definitely ISN'T an antag since they have their static name. This is fucking disgusting. It should never reach the point where your friends 300% wholeheartedly trust you. You can always stab them in the back, and you usually should.


you are not forced to use a randomized name when playing as an antag

Image

this ui is so cluttered and ugly it needs a symbol or something
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby confused rock » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:13 am #568521

I disagree cacogen. you have to edit those settings only rarely.
Image
Image
Image
Image

cybersaber101
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 am
Location: Canada, eh?
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: people that always play the same character

Postby cybersaber101 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:40 am #568531

NecromancerAnne wrote:It was made by Naloac because quite literally people wouldn't stop targeting their static endlessly regardless of whether they were antag or not because they were a notable antag player. And they play mostly assistant I'm pretty sure. Only thing is that they should have implemented random body random name in a way that you couldn't lock features for it.

Either way, being a random body random name is dreadful and seeing them about really takes me out of the game just because of how dreadful they look. With no limitations on body combinations they stick out worse than statics do, and are some of my prime suspects because they chose to look like a mulligan. This is why Mulligan toxin also doesn't work, it makes you way too obvious.


Seems about right, but it doesnt stop you from just using the mirror
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users