Introducing the Space Station 13 Demake you've all been waiting for.

General SS13 Chat
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Introducing the Space Station 13 Demake you've all been waiting for.

Post by Nabski » #569399

Bottom post of the previous page:

You've got about a 25% chance of getting an item unique item to that crate, then the rest is just filler.

We basically did crash the market today.

[flash=]PATCH 1.2[/flash]
We've almost doubled the number of enemies in the game since original release.
There is now also chronoresets. We haven't figured out the name for it but reset your progress and get permanent boosts like the ability to store more hours or spend time faster.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #569403

Nabski wrote:You've got about a 25% chance of getting an item unique item to that crate, then the rest is just filler.

We basically did crash the market today.

[flash=]PATCH 1.2[/flash]
We've almost doubled the number of enemies in the game since original release.
There is now also chronoresets. We haven't figured out the name for it but reset your progress and get permanent boosts like the ability to store more hours or spend time faster.
Here's a name, the emergency shuttle
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569408

minor typo, "religious propagana"
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #569473

Sheodir wrote:so I didn't check what the heritage (lavaland) crate could give and just fucking farmed code blue and lavaland bosses to get exotic parts to roll a box

dude this box is horseshit there's like one decent pet with an absurdly high chance and maybe the clownsuit is worth it nothing else, I got fucking flammable trash

I am livid did I get trolled
I got a bunch of those crates without even touching the bosses, I had them before I even fought security
I made a shitload of fauna perfume when I was levelling chemistry then I used that shitload of fauna perfume when I was levelling mining
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #569482

Yeah the mid tier boss crates are not only garbage, they’re garbage you can get tonnes of levels earlier than actually fighting the blue boss
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #569587

Are dedication medals worth anything?
They autosort where the rest of the currency does but I haven't found anywhere to spend them yet
Should I just trust the flavourtext that says they're worthless?
Will they become bragging rights to who's more dedicated to collecting them?
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #569588

Thank you for creating new content :heart:
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #569592

Energy drink is kinda useless, it'll generate maybe around 15k tops if you stack up a ton of it which you can get in a fraction of the time elsewhere. Would love to see it either give 100~x the money it currently does or just change it to be a speed boost/energy output multiplier so I don't have to sit around idling engineering quite as long
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #569596

I also lost my progress despite keeping cookies for that site
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #569606

Dedication medals are worthless, you can trust the text.

PK did you get to ?????. The idea there was it would enable more supply crates but I didn't actually do the math to make sure it was effective. It used to just be 1-1 and that was BAD.

Cacogen, what browser are you using? We've been hearing people having issues with IE and Edge. It's all stored locally so if you are in incognito that also doesn't work. I could send you my current file but that's basically only good for ascending as I'm maxed on jobs and just cleaning up combat stuff right now.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #569614

I use chrome, since I also had problems
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #569671

Nabski wrote:Dedication medals are worthless, you can trust the text.PK did you get to ?????. The idea there was it would enable more supply crates but I didn't actually do the math to make sure it was effective. It used to just be 1-1 and that was BAD.
I haven't, if energy drinks have a use there then that's great, but they suck for actually using in engineering since they do basically nothing and are just a resource sink for chemistry
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #569723

Alright, someone in the discord did the math and yes, the potions are worth using for engineering. I might still buff them up to 5 from 4.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #569727

ive had it open ever since it was posted on digg and im almost to "completion" i think

chemistry is proving annoying to level just because of having to get energy from engineering and ive kind of neglected combat

dunno if i'll prestige and keep going but this is a very good game and im glad development's continued
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #569729

Nabski wrote:Alright, someone in the discord did the math and yes, the potions are worth using for engineering. I might still buff them up to 5 from 4.
the time (and energy) spent making the energy drinks just seemed like time I could have spent making slightly more power and selling it if I really wanted to
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #569730

Screemonster wrote:
Nabski wrote:Alright, someone in the discord did the math and yes, the potions are worth using for engineering. I might still buff them up to 5 from 4.
the time (and energy) spent making the energy drinks just seemed like time I could have spent making slightly more power and selling it if I really wanted to
Jokes on you, you can't sell power.

Nianjiilical them's some solid stats. If you are considering trying to go for a full 100% I advise not bothering to max chem until you start ???.

Depending on how much time I have this week this weekends update is aiming for:
ERT boss zone
Bartending
Cargonia
Changeling
Cult (may be rough then filled out through the week)

My current design idea is that you can pick one type of antag each time you prestige. You can either pick for a higher cost, or get a random one for cheaper.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #569737

Nabski wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
Jokes on you, you can't sell power.
the "stored power" thing in engineering
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #569751

maxing chemistry actually isn't so hard, make a bunch of volatile catalysts (you should do this regardless of whether or not you intend to max chemistry since it unlocks everything in chemistry either way) then just spam space lube while wearing the chemistry jumpsuit

another bit of feedback: I think the maxHit calc should be adjusted a bit. i get making it so faster attackspeed isn't outright better than slow but strong weapons, but it also has the side effect of making fast guns suck out all of your ammo extremely quickly for the same amount of damage which is real lame. you could argue that high attackspeed is better for quick farming since it's faster but the time sunk into making so much ammo kind of cancels it out to the point that i think slower guns might actually be "faster" at some point.
Spoiler:
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569783

I think something's wrong with the slimes, because green slime is a straight upgrade to the pink slime one tier over.

Green converts your attack speed to 1s
Pink to 4s
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #569784

Slower attack - less ammo usage
Faster attack - less overkill on mobs
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #569789

PKPenguin321 wrote:maxing chemistry actually isn't so hard, make a bunch of volatile catalysts (you should do this regardless of whether or not you intend to max chemistry since it unlocks everything in chemistry either way) then just spam space lube while wearing the chemistry jumpsuit

another bit of feedback: I think the maxHit calc should be adjusted a bit. i get making it so faster attackspeed isn't outright better than slow but strong weapons, but it also has the side effect of making fast guns suck out all of your ammo extremely quickly for the same amount of damage which is real lame. you could argue that high attackspeed is better for quick farming since it's faster but the time sunk into making so much ammo kind of cancels it out to the point that i think slower guns might actually be "faster" at some point.
for farming stats I just started beating up plasmaman roboticists with an axe once I had enough evasion/food to not worry about them hurting me and left it running
once my precision maxed out I swapped out for the sabre
as a side bonus it got me a ton of bluespace acid and plasma so I could then make a shitload of lethal cells when I went back to actually fighting things
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569796

Nabski wrote:Slower attack - less ammo usage
The ammo usage is the same, you just kill them slower, unless attack speed is somehow tied to damage. I don't really get the logic here.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #569815

Sheodir wrote:
Nabski wrote:Slower attack - less ammo usage
The ammo usage is the same, you just kill them slower, unless attack speed is somehow tied to damage. I don't really get the logic here.
attack speed is tied to damage yes, read my post like a few above yours

and if it's the intent to make faster weapons just worse by ammo usage then it's odd to me how they're stat gated to be endgame
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #570498

The grind to 10m blows.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #570577

cedarbridge wrote:The grind to 10m blows.
Get both botany upgrades, make a few hundred mutagen, buy a bunch of seeds, and in botany do Grow Orange then sell everything you get from it. Use money to buy the most expensive seed packets you can get. Huge net profit every cycle, repeat until satisfied.

The secret job actually sucks and is a tedious grind because
Spoiler:
it relies almost entirely on engineering, the most boring department. All jobs cost 99 power per go and you NEED the brain juice chemical to get any XP at all, which will also require power to make (though markedly less of it).
It boils down to: Idle engineering power for a real life day -> Make 100~ brains -> Make them into brain juice -> Do deadchat rant for ~30 minutes -> Turn ghost tears back into power at engineering -> repeat. I'm on like day 5 of this and it's really not great.
I would gladly pay upwards of 5 million space coins for a job upgrade that either increases power output from engineering or made the secret job use less.
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #570589

PKPenguin321 wrote: Get both botany upgrades, make a few hundred mutagen, buy a bunch of seeds, and in botany do Grow Orange then sell everything you get from it. Use money to buy the most expensive seed packets you can get. Huge net profit every cycle, repeat until satisfied.

The secret job actually sucks and is a tedious grind because
Spoiler:
it relies almost entirely on engineering, the most boring department. All jobs cost 99 power per go and you NEED the brain juice chemical to get any XP at all, which will also require power to make (though markedly less of it).
It boils down to: Idle engineering power for a real life day -> Make 100~ brains -> Make them into brain juice -> Do deadchat rant for ~30 minutes -> Turn ghost tears back into power at engineering -> repeat. I'm on like day 5 of this and it's really not great.
I would gladly pay upwards of 5 million space coins for a job upgrade that either increases power output from engineering or made the secret job use less.
Well, that's depressing. Here I was crossing my fingers that it would be a clowning job or something funny.
► Show Spoiler
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570592

I just idled until I got to 10 mil mining bananium.

On the secret job,
Spoiler:
The goof rants are fucking hilarious on the tutorial bar and I'm never dismissing them. The actual mechanic of balancing energy costs with brain juice is neat. I'm nearly done with it.
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Instead of the costless power option, make oil slimes in xeno with full upgrades and use that power option. It's far faster and more efficient for the base power generation, since you can get like 6000 oil slimes easy and that's 150k power.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #570628

I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the job is going to be at least 10% faster in patch 1.3. The power cost is being reduced by 1 and their name added to the skill for the first ten people that max the skill and gives me proof.
Spoiler:
But yeah the job is kinda just a shitpost that you shouldn't take seriously.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570631

Nabski wrote:I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the job is going to be at least 10% faster in patch 1.3. The power cost is being reduced by 1 and their name added to the skill for the first ten people that max the skill and gives me proof.
Spoiler:
Please delay that patch I REFUSE not to finish it in its current state
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #570635

Sheodir wrote:
Nabski wrote:I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the job is going to be at least 10% faster in patch 1.3. The power cost is being reduced by 1 and their name added to the skill for the first ten people that max the skill and gives me proof.
Spoiler:
Please delay that patch I REFUSE not to finish it in its current state
The following is on it's way. Bartending, Restating botany and cooking foods, Cult, Changeling, Cargonia, Traitor, minimum hit values, regeneration. It's about 80% done right now, but this has been ongoing since 1.2 so there's still a while before it will be ready.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #570667

Sheodir wrote:I just idled until I got to 10 mil mining bananium.

On the secret job,
Spoiler:
The goof rants are fucking hilarious on the tutorial bar and I'm never dismissing them. The actual mechanic of balancing energy costs with brain juice is neat. I'm nearly done with it.
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Instead of the costless power option, make oil slimes in xeno with full upgrades and use that power option. It's far faster and more efficient for the base power generation, since you can get like 6000 oil slimes easy and that's 150k power.
Spoiler:
oil slimes take 3.2 seconds to grow with all the upgrades if you count the time growing the prerequisites, which gets you 25 energy in 8.2 seconds for 3.04 energy per second. It's only marginally better than growing ghost peppers with the tray upgrades to get multidimensional oranges and shadowshrooms, which will get you an average 3 energy per second from the oranges and you can then sell the rest or turn them into fried friends and ghostburgers. Bananium is the easiest one to idle but only gets you a comparatively measly 2.25 energy/sec, though it does give the most xp which will let you unleash the singulo more often
edit: wait ignore me I screwed my maths and didn't realise it takes 8 oranges to run the orange power
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #570800

Are there gondolas in this game yet? If not why not? If so, why are they not on the bridge in numbers exceeding 19?
► Show Spoiler
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570821

Screemonster wrote:snip
By the way, releasing singulo is never worth it. I don't mean the XP penalty, I mean that for any method oil slime and more advanced it isn't worth it because of the time it takes to release it.

300 seconds for 1337 power (technically 1327 due to cost but whatever)
vs
300 seconds (5x60) for 1500 (25x60) power on oil slimes

Oranges are slightly less efficient but even then given the XP cost singulo is just not that worth it for the time it takes to trigger

EDIT: Of course you can argue the time it takes to obtain the resources balances this out a bit but with full xenobio I just let it run for a few hours and I have like 20k oil slimes
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #570876

Sheodir wrote:
Screemonster wrote:snip
By the way, releasing singulo is never worth it. I don't mean the XP penalty, I mean that for any method oil slime and more advanced it isn't worth it because of the time it takes to release it.

300 seconds for 1337 power (technically 1327 due to cost but whatever)
vs
300 seconds (5x60) for 1500 (25x60) power on oil slimes

Oranges are slightly less efficient but even then given the XP cost singulo is just not that worth it for the time it takes to trigger

EDIT: Of course you can argue the time it takes to obtain the resources balances this out a bit but with full xenobio I just let it run for a few hours and I have like 20k oil slimes
Yeah, I switched to oil slimes like you said. Had all xenobio upgrades + the cape already anyways so I just spent a day grinding them out and have more than I'll likely ever need. Red slimes being on that same path are helpful too since they let you cheese through brute-resistant enemies.
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #571177

Version 1.3

Two New Stats. Regeneration and Luck.

Regeneration was previously built into max health with every 100 HP providing .2 regeneration. This default .2 regeneration has been added as a base stat to your character. Regeneration can be found on non mech chest items, food, drinks, and select items.

Luck raises your minimum hit value. This value is a percent where 100 luck would mean you are hitting for your max hit every time, 50 luck you would hit for between half your max hit and your max hit. Luck can be found on cloaks, hats, drinks, and select items

Christmas in July.
There's another hat crate here hitting shelves filled with a variety of requested hats. These hats don't give evasion, but do give both Luck and Command in addition to their other stats.

Companions:
Non slime companions are unchanged.
Slimes now grant regeneration instead of max HP.
The attack modification slimes (faster/slower attack speeds and changing your damage type) have been additionally buffed with some added luck.
Rainbow slime sell price increased to 2000

Adds the first ten people to have completed ??? and messaged me with proof to the skill. Reduced the energy cost by 1 for each of them.
Death has changed. If you die with nothing equipped you lose an item from your inventory.
Adds 1 new boss zone with 4 new enemies
ERT. This zone is between cult and wizard in difficulty and is a source of a precise companion, a pulse rifle, and a stronger shield.
This zone was originally created by Fikou

Adds 1 new default job. Bartending.
Bartending requires power or low level slimes to create drinks. Drinks are slightly stronger than botany grown plants, but weaker for than actual food. Alcoholic drinks provide luck increasing your minimum hit, and non alcoholic drinks provide regen increasing your health regeneration.
This skill was originally designed by Remona, and balanced by Nabski.

Adds 4 new Antagonist Jobs. Cargonia, Traitor, Cult, and Changeling.
Buy a Black Ops communicator from the chronoshop, then unlock it them in cargo

Cargonia
Buy new guns for MONEY. The guns are good.
Buy ore for MONEY
Buy ammo for MONEY
Sell random items for MONEY

Cult
Sacrifice health for favor
Spend favor for runes, cape slot items.
Sacrifice your favorite companions for cult constructs. Poor Ian. These companions are strong, but require a constant health tithe from you for your assistance.

Changeling
Armor with significant health bonuses and regeneration. Their offensive stats are unmatched but the defense is somewhat lacking.
Disguises. These face slot items are equal to their other counterparts, but can be equipped at level one.

Traitor
Get 20 Unique Telecrystals. There are no additional telecrystals after these are depleted, so be careful with your purchases, as it's gone if you lose it. Options include significant amounts of basic combat resources, weapons and armor that you can equip 20 levels before normal, and the best jumpsuits you could ever want.

Item Reworks:
Botany - Smaller stat values, but protection values
Cooking - Smaller stat values, but protection values, less change between quality and normal
Capes - Evasion removed, Luck added
Community Contributions
Adds a setting to show full values of item counts (instead of >9k) - PKPenguin321
Adds new power generation method. Throwing a coin into supermatter.
Bartending by Remona
ERT Boss by Fikou
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #571180

I'm very sad I missed the first ten people cutoff but I'm running the old version in a tab until I get 50 legit, I guess not using timespeed at all is screwing me up
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #571566

FUCKING FINALLY
This is ??? and was done in a pre 1.3 tab I kept open all this time. Finally refreshed, can't wait to actually try the reworked game. Bit sad I missed the ten first cutoff but them's the breaks.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #571725

Congrats!
Let me know what antag you pick.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #571840

my progress keeps resetting i don't know if this happens every update or if it's on my end i have a thing that saves cookies from specific sites but i guess it's not working???
NSFW:

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #571886

I honestly have no idea. Have you tried exporting your saves ever so that you have a back-up? It creates a file you can just put on your desktop.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #571968

Is there any point in releasing the singularity in engineering or is it just for the memes?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #571975

90% meme, but it's also "free" energy and depending on what you pick to do you might need absurd amounts of energy.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #602451

What's the meta for leveling up the ??? skill?
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602630

I'd forgotten about this. Kept resetting my progress for some reason so I just gave up on it.
NSFW:

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #602764

cacogen wrote:I'd forgotten about this. Kept resetting my progress for some reason so I just gave up on it.
Just save your progress to your computer using the settings menu every so often. That’s what I do.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #602765

Farquaar wrote:What's the meta for leveling up the ??? skill?
Cargonia with the chem to make shitloads of power
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #602849

cacogen wrote:I'd forgotten about this. Kept resetting my progress for some reason so I just gave up on it.
Dude I just opened this after having not played it for the better part of a year, and it still has all my shit.

I bet you have one of those computer/junk cleaner apps that is deleting your cookies.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602852

Yeah, it's probably on my end. I use an extension called Cookie AutoDelete. I did whitelist the site and it works fine with other sites, though.
NSFW:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602874

poggers
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #602966

>spend millions of credits on hundreds of holiday hat crates to get the last hat: slime interface
>no dice
>Buy six crates a few days later
>three slime interfaces
Lootboxes are evil
► Show Spoiler