[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by bobbahbrown » #572969

Bottom post of the previous page:

its that time of the year again

who will win

who will ignore my candidate debates

who will get the host vote

you decide

(if you wish its also a good idea to post your predictions and ideal lineups below)

(you could also reflect on how you felt this term was in relation to past terms, do you want more terms like it?)

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: [OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by Agux909 » #573661

RaveRadbury wrote:
Agux909 wrote:At least the original uncursed pfp has been restored, again.
My old avatar is my github avatar which is Ray Bradbury but I did some filters to him.

This is my discord avatar.
I meant Panda's avatar, not yours

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #573663

Agux909 wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Agux909 wrote:At least the original uncursed pfp has been restored, again.
My old avatar is my github avatar which is Ray Bradbury but I did some filters to him.

This is my discord avatar.
I meant Panda's avatar, not yours
Damn, I thought that Agux909 finally noticed me... :sad:
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #573665

Well I got nothing against your avatar/s. Previous one with Heart Emoji was certainly cuter tho.

Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #573692

woah this actioninja dude seems pretty based
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #573696

Space Panda wrote:woah this actioninja dude seems pretty based
thank you definitely unpaid conscientious server citizen
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #573780

woah this actioninja dude seems pretty based
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #573782

Does actionninja qualify as oranges alt for my prediction
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #573824

I hate bad faith questions. If your claim is that something they propose is impossible, don't ask them how they will do it, just say that they're full of shit
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #573832

Armhulen wrote:I hate bad faith questions. If your claim is that something they propose is impossible, don't ask them how they will do it, just say that they're full of shit
But arm, if we don't beat around the bush how will we get our epic meme gotchas?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #573839

Armhulen wrote:I hate bad faith questions. If your claim is that something they propose is impossible, don't ask them how they will do it, just say that they're full of shit
you can’t stop me
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #573841

But if what they propose is actually not impossible you killed any venue of dialogue and enlightenment through hasty judgment.

And if it is, you force them to confront with that fact.

I'd much rather hear the candidate explain how they expect to achieve their plans in more details, feasible or not, than the opinion of a third party and what they think about it.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #573988

I thought goof 2020 was a joke. Until he actually did it. Now it's no longer a joke. It's not funny.

Atleast i still have fikou 2020 to hold on to.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574021

oranges is a very patient person
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #574022

Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574033

I like this goof guy
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574037

woah this goof guy is kinda based
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #574061

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #574068

our craziest election thread was made by goof
whose thread can only be described as aloof
oranges threw it out
probably for the clout
but goof has many down the line to spoof!

editors note: this was not an easy limerick
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #574077

VOTE CODER

Being Headmin is a job which requires good logical reasoning skills, which is exactly what is required for coding with the DreamMaker language!
(Even though BYOND has many of its own illogical reasons...)

That's why you should vote for a candidate who uses this skill, every time they submit a PR!
Who better to lead you than mighty souls who have braved the T̛̝͉̾ͥ̀H̸̠̗̺͖ͬȨ̖̣͕̫͈̲̪̙̊̔̏ ̐҉͎͍̤̝̖Ǘ̯̩̗͈̺̼͙̒̀ͅN̡̬͖͙̦̐̓̐̒H̹̥͚̥͚͚̦̱ͩ͝O͙̺̟͚̥̩̭ͭ͌́L̡̯̞̯̱͍͓͖̯͌͌̇Ÿ̙̳͔̠̒͒̅́ ̩̥̳͒͊̅́A̴̟̫̬̳͕̬͇̥ͤ̀̋ͦB̧̩̮͙̞̍͛Y̗̫̘͇͚̠̜̺̐̌͛ͤ̕S̷̠͉̽S̘͓̠͈̲̼̒͂͒́ ̼̺͖̥͊̀ͅÒ͉̲͍̰ͨ̀F̹̳̰͋͒̈́͟ ̴̫̼̫͈͎̖ͮl̶̺̹̻̳͉͉̞̤ͭ̄̔ȉ̙̞͓̫̳̳͓̈́͟s͖̘͚͌ͭ̌̓͡ţ͔͕ͨ(̴͙̲̹̇͂ͬͭ)̵̫̠͉̤̙͍̠̦͌̈́ͣ, and still have the sanity to run a community! Think about it, they can change the game, and they will be happy to listen to you!

/datum/coder/actioninja
/datum/coder/Coconutwarrior97
/datum/coder/RaveRadbury

Make the right choice.
I lurk quite often...
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #574117

only coders in the candidate threads are actioninja, pkp and ""goofball"", tweak prs dont make you a coder
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #574148

JJRcop wrote:.

VOTE CODER

Being Headmin is a job which requires good logical reasoning skills, which is exactly what is required for coding with the DreamMaker language!
(Even though BYOND has many of its own illogical reasons...)

That's why you should vote for a candidate who uses this skill, every time they submit a PR!
Who better to lead you than mighty souls who have braved the T̛̝͉̾ͥ̀H̸̠̗̺͖ͬȨ̖̣͕̫͈̲̪̙̊̔̏ ̐҉͎͍̤̝̖Ǘ̯̩̗͈̺̼͙̒̀ͅN̡̬͖͙̦̐̓̐̒H̹̥͚̥͚͚̦̱ͩ͝O͙̺̟͚̥̩̭ͭ͌́L̡̯̞̯̱͍͓͖̯͌͌̇Ÿ̙̳͔̠̒͒̅́ ̩̥̳͒͊̅́A̴̟̫̬̳͕̬͇̥ͤ̀̋ͦB̧̩̮͙̞̍͛Y̗̫̘͇͚̠̜̺̐̌͛ͤ̕S̷̠͉̽S̘͓̠͈̲̼̒͂͒́ ̼̺͖̥͊̀ͅÒ͉̲͍̰ͨ̀F̹̳̰͋͒̈́͟ ̴̫̼̫͈͎̖ͮl̶̺̹̻̳͉͉̞̤ͭ̄̔ȉ̙̞͓̫̳̳͓̈́͟s͖̘͚͌ͭ̌̓͡ţ͔͕ͨ(̴͙̲̹̇͂ͬͭ)̵̫̠͉̤̙͍̠̦͌̈́ͣ, and still have the sanity to run a community! Think about it, they can change the game, and they will be happy to listen to you!

/datum/coder/actioninja
/datum/coder/Coconutwarrior97
/datum/coder/RaveRadbury

Make the right choice.
calling coconut and rave coders is a very weak take.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #574149

Indie-ana Jones wrote:Considering your focus doesn't do anything doesn't have anything to offer strongly to Bagil, I'm not convinced in your stance. What can you offer me?
Indie-ana Jones wrote:I've been filtering my candidates out via looking at whether or not their main focus was on MedRP, so while you've failed in that aspect, you're probably the best the candidates who fall into that category (read: everyone but bindy). Unless someone real good comes out, you'll definitely be my number 2.
By sole virtue of not having your major focus on MedRP, I could care less on whether or not you tear the other admins a new one. You've still got my vote, and I still believe you are the best choice for Bagil players.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #574152

why dont manueltards get their own headmins to decide on their policy? their admins and players only go there and have their own community, if tgmc is on its own why not manuel too?
we dont need more dead weight admin-voted headmins like in the last years
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #574156

if you go on Manuel it doesn't lag as bad because less people
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #574158

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:why dont manueltards get their own headmins to decide on their policy? their admins and players only go there and have their own community, if tgmc is on its own why not manuel too?
we dont need more dead weight admin-voted headmins like in the last years
yeah I agree there are too many headmins polluting the jannie gene pool who want to focus on funny mrp server changes
almost as if they are planning to remove Lrp eventually or something makes u think
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #574159

Armhulen wrote:
Indie-ana Jones wrote:Considering your focus doesn't do anything doesn't have anything to offer strongly to Bagil, I'm not convinced in your stance. What can you offer me?
Indie-ana Jones wrote:I've been filtering my candidates out via looking at whether or not their main focus was on MedRP, so while you've failed in that aspect, you're probably the best the candidates who fall into that category (read: everyone but bindy). Unless someone real good comes out, you'll definitely be my number 2.
By sole virtue of not having your major focus on MedRP, I could care less on whether or not you tear the other admins a new one. You've still got my vote, and I still believe you are the best choice for Bagil players.
yes those headmins are cringe but why would you want to reaffirm this with a funny jpg
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #574171

What exactly needs to be done to LRP? Perhaps I've not been keeping up with the community but I've not seen many complaints about the state of LRP, versus MRP, which is still in a fledgling state and demands a lot of attention. Doesn't it make sense that the candidates are focusing more on the servers that require strong guidance, versus the ones that just need an occasional nudge?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #574208

i replied to the tabletop rpg quest thread without seeing it was in the debate subforum oops
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #574275

EOBGames wrote:What exactly needs to be done to LRP?
remove banbots
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #574278

im on the fence about the whole boomermin thing because while I agree its a pita to see people who dont care about the server/game but rather their power status be retained by the metric of running a average connection per month of <1 in the last year, it does seem a bit odd that this stance is strongly promoted right after we had a period where GLOBALLY people were having a difficult time and running a space man game probably wasn't on the forefront of their list of things to do.

At the very least, I do not fault previous headmins for not pushing it especially after covid surfaced in the US.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #574280

if people couldnt work they would be playing, thats the opposite
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574430

Multiple candidates are pushing for removal of no-no words or expressions that could potentially hurt fifis, which imho is worrisome. While harassment or dogpiling should not be okay, being able to express one's self using edgy content should remain part of the culture.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #574432

i hope somebody cool wins

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #574437

[youtube]VYrFnW8jpWA[/youtube]
ImageImageImage
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574438

Istoprocent1 wrote:Multiple candidates are pushing for removal of no-no words or expressions that could potentially hurt fifis, which imho is worrisome. While harassment or dogpiling should not be okay, being able to express one's self using edgy content should remain part of the culture.
the easiest way to not get banned for calling someone a TRANNY PAVEMENT APE is to make sure they're a white dude before you do it
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #574443

Istoprocent1 wrote:Multiple candidates are pushing for removal of no-no words or expressions that could potentially hurt fifis, which imho is worrisome. While harassment or dogpiling should not be okay, being able to express one's self using edgy content should remain part of the culture.
learn to make less suck ass edgy jokes and tell all the unironic "ironic" trashposters to fuck off
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #574472

Imagine finding it hard to refrain from using slurs oocly

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574474

Agux909 wrote:Imagine finding it hard to refrain from using slurs oocly
well see as a expert roleplayer im experimenting through play with solutions to racism. by posing as a racist i encounter many different forms of opposition and i am merely seeking to find the solution to racism in the responses of other roleplayers in this microcosm of wider society
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574476

Imagine having a TOTALLY REAL AND TRUE identity so fragile someone calling you "dude" or "bro" off-hand makes you go through a suicide crisis

Edit: every community that has admins decide to take a stance against "slurs" and "harassment" has these rules devolve into a bludgeon to oppress community members. Shitters will weasel their way into power, act like fuckheads, and claim their gender identity is the reason everyone is criticizing them, and not their toxic behavior. Or someone will say something they dont like about something inconsequential, and they'll log dive something they said 8 years ago thats now a "nono" and crusade to have them removed from the community for "safety". This isnt new. This shits been going on for years now. People aren't blind to it.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #574479

Imagine being so bad at roleplaying in a roleplaying game that to pull off edgy you need to use derogatory and targetted slurs.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574481

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Imagine having a TOTALLY REAL AND TRUE identity so fragile someone calling you "dude" or "bro" off-hand makes you go through a suicide crisis

Edit: every community that has admins decide to take a stance against "slurs" and "harassment" has these rules devolve into a bludgeon to oppress community members who are both bigoted AND too stupid to take that shit elsewhere
ftfy

sorry for your oppression that must be hard
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574482

bigot (noun) - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

How does using slurs make one bigoted? Doesn't context matter at all anymore and is common sense all gone? :roll:

Using slurs doesn't automatically mean that somebody is automatically intolerant or outright hates group X.

Edit: The real bigots are the ones who are taking away other peoples' ability to express themselves, because they are intolerant towards those opinions.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574484

Istoprocent1 wrote:bigot (noun) - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

How does using slurs make one bigoted? Doesn't context matter at all anymore and is common sense all gone? :roll:

Edit: The real bigots are the ones who are taking away other peoples' ability to express themselves, because they are intolerant towards those opinions.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/slur wrote:slur
noun [ C ]
US /slɜr/
slur noun [C] (INSULT)

words intended to insult someone or injure someone's reputation:

"He apologized for shouting an ethnic slur at a fan."
Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574485

Space Panda wrote:Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Thats the beauty of online interactions - anyone can choose to be anything. You actually can choose to not reveal information about yourself, if you are sensitive about it.

If somebody saying a random slur triggers one to the point, where they are unable to cope with it, then they probably should seek professional help rather than force everybody else act in a certain way.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574486

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Space Panda wrote:Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Thats the beauty of online interactions - anyone can choose to be anything. You actually can choose to not reveal information about yourself, if you are sensitive about it.
yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574487

Space Panda wrote:yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Are you the representative of your kind? Why do you take a random person's opinion to heart to extent, where you have to feel offended? Somebody states a fact that 13% are doing 50%+ violent crimes and you have to get upset and be like: "RACIST, HE IS BIGOTED AGAINST MY KIND!"
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574488

Stickymayhem wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:

Edit: every community that has admins decide to take a stance against "slurs" and "harassment" has these rules devolve into a bludgeon to oppress community members who are both bigoted AND too stupid to take that shit elsewhere
ftfy

sorry for your oppression that must be hard
I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574489

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Space Panda wrote:yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Are you the representative of your kind? Why do you take a random person's opinion to heart to extent, where you have to feel offended? Somebody states a fact that 13% are doing 50%+ violent crimes and you have to get upset and be like: "RACIST, HE IS BIGOTED AGAINST MY KIND!"
It is bigoted when you bring up the 13%/50% info to shame black north-americans without trying to properly discuss the causes of those numbers.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574490

Super Aggro Crag wrote: I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Give us some examples, craig. And how are those communities similar to /tg/13?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574491

Space Panda wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:

nice logic dude
It is bigoted when you bring up the 13%/50% info to shame black north-americans without trying to properly discuss the causes of those numbers.
We can agree to disagree.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574492

Space Panda wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Give us some examples, craig. And how are those communities similar to /tg/13?
Something Awful, ResetERA, Rpgnet, every digg Ever. Spaces for nerds to talk about nerd shit get taken over by IDPOL grifters and maniacs and for all the talk of equity and inclusion it seems a certain subset of humanity is relegated to only being included to be a punching bag and grovel for forgiveness of people who died 200 years ago.

We have a rule. The rule is "don't be a dick." If someone is being a dick, ban them. That's sufficient. Making your platform "i am going to make new rules to ensure we hunt down everyone who thinks bad" makes me think you're going to tilt at windmills and be a detriment to the health of the community