do the headmin voting filters also apply to the admin vote

General SS13 Chat
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

do the headmin voting filters also apply to the admin vote

Post by bobbahbrown » #574957

are inactive admins still eligible to vote where inactive players generally arent

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: do the headmin voting filters also apply to the admin vote

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #574960

do you want only trialmins to vote? lol
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #574962

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:do you want only trialmins to vote? lol
damn sick burn
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #574975

hmm yes i never play the game and dont care about /tg/ anymore but i see my old pal is running for headmin and my vote holds a fair bit of weight :)

((this is a shitpost, if they're out of touch they probably wont care enough to vote))

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #574976

imsxz wrote: ((this is a shitpost, if they're out of touch they probably wont care enough to vote))
dont hide behind this you coward, you know its not
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #574982

I would like to know this as well
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #574983

no
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #574986

Ok lets make it happen
[this space reserved]
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #574988

oranges wrote:no
why
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #574994

imsxz wrote:hmm yes i never play the game and dont care about /tg/ anymore but i see my old pal is running for headmin and my vote holds a fair bit of weight :)

((this is a shitpost, if they're out of touch they probably wont care enough to vote))
It's impossible for this to be 100% a shitpost because even if the reality is that you're 99% right, there is still that one chance of a series of events leading to "my old pals, please help me win the popularity contest 8-)". It's impossible for this to never have happened at least once.

Personally, I find it highly likely for someone to tell his old pals about the election. If they aren't told then, yeah, they'll miss the election entirely if out of touch.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #574995

yikes
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #575006

where are these inactive admins
where is the shadow cabal of boomermins who influence elections and never contribute anything to the game and haven't been seen in 6 months yet are still active enough to maintain total control over /tg/ no seriously i wanna join them
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #575012

Plapatin wrote:where are these inactive admins
where is the shadow cabal of boomermins who influence elections and never contribute anything to the game and haven't been seen in 6 months yet are still active enough to maintain total control over /tg/ no seriously i wanna join them
hello plapatin,

in the interest of trying to provide you with an answer i went ahead and looked at a data set i have for 30 days of admin activity from august 24th, which is exported from statbus on that date. note that the number of admins has slightly increased from august 24th, but im just going to use the data set at that time as an example as i imagine the real filter is based on data before the vote has started.

at that time there were 90 admins with +BAN, which excludes the tgstation account and mso as presumably he does not vote in the election in this manner. if we were to put a relatively simple filter of more than 20 connections in that 30 days, it disqualifies about half of the admin team (42 people) including yourself. similarly, requiring at least one connection to any server in that 30 day period disqualifies about a quarter (25 people).

whilst those bolded terms might seem interesting, of those people with zero connections at that time, about five of them have suddenly got at least one connection in the past seven days indicating they likely logged on to vote. in this regard, perhaps this is not as large of an issue that people may initially think, but we're also not at the end of the voting period so it is difficult to ascertain how many more will vote this weekend in the last couple of days.

from looking at the source for tgdb, this is one of the few filters built into the irv polling system, though the actual filters used are probably considerably different; hopefully this example gives you an idea of how in-game activity could affect the vote similar to how we judge players.

data available here, as always.

whilst i understand that the concept of admin activity is more complicated than 'yes they connect to the servers they are asked to administrate by virtue of their position' due to the complexities of people who keep up-to-date in discord, i still hope this answer provides you with some level of answer. i know this seems to be a concept that is thrown around a lot without much proposal of what it actually means to be inactive!

all the best,
bobbah "bee" brown
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #575017

You can dislike the fact there are admins who play less than once/month during an entire headmin term without thinking they are a shadow government.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #575018

Everyone I don't like is a boomermin.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #575020

Imagine I posted a smug anime girl and also imagine it was funny
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #575021

all my homies hate boomermins
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #575032

terranaut wrote:
imsxz wrote: ((this is a shitpost, if they're out of touch they probably wont care enough to vote))
dont hide behind this you coward, you know its not
plausible deniability in case anyone gets mad at me
((this is a shitpost, i would never do something so deceitful and dishonest))

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #575035

the only way to prevent the shadowgov is a parallel server with fake bots where the shadow gov can administrate, as they wont notice its fake
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #575164

hahahaha i know the truth hurts, but i make a passive aggressive joke hehehe
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #575746

rent free
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575754

terranaut wrote:
why
because the vote filter is there only to remove voters who aren't actually tgstation community members, and becoming an admin just to vote seems quite unlikely so the filter would be effectively useless.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575819

oranges wrote:
terranaut wrote:
why
because the vote filter is there only to remove voters who aren't actually tgstation community members, and becoming an admin just to vote seems quite unlikely so the filter would be effectively useless.
Obviously no but according to bobbahs data further up it looks like a few admins logged in just to vote, their first login in a long while
I don't think that's great
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575865

you should filter the tgmc vote then.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #575867

i didnt vote. im not active right now and i didnt think there were any bad candidates that had a chance of winning.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?