Post by Kendrickorium » #575390

Bottom post of the previous page:

imagine giving a single solitary shit about words
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Post by Ziiro » #575392

nianjiilical wrote:if tg dies because mso banned gamer racism maybe it deserves to die
Vekter wrote:This thread rocks.

Today fucking rocks.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #575394

Can you say "Ligger"?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575395

Yes
[this space reserved]
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #575406

Kendrickorium wrote:imagine giving a single solitary shit about words
lmao, fucking barbarian.

Words can make the most measly men charge through lines of manned hostile trenches, or break and collapse the mightiest colossus. Words are some powerful shit, and the founding fathers of democracy said, let's give a whole bunch of them to everyone else and let them say whatever they want. Words don't just convey how much you like somebody's ass, or how much of a bitch they are. They also convey ideas, expression, wishes and desires. There's all sorts of people out there that don't like you having all sorts of ideas in your head, and they want you to have only those, that they say are OK.

See, this bigotry, racism, whatever shit, it can never end, and that's what power hungry people, your moral apostles, figured out. You first ban a concept, then the words, then it's implications. May be a gesture. Then, a picture. And then, an entire way of thinking. The more you give these people to run with, the faster you'll end up on their butcher block, see "White guilt", see "White privilege". All these people advertise themselves as some humanitarian bullshit, but underneath that they lay the groundworks for a rule of power, that is making even the CCP blush.

And I think, being an abrasive cunt, shouting racial slurs, being rude and inconsiderate, are all, conscious or not, a resistance against these sons of bitches. On the other hand, the most prominent minority groups got dragged into this really shitty spot where they get used as a shield by a bunch of charlatans on one side, and beaten down on by a bunch of autists on the other. Stoned boy, I can understand that this rule intends to walk this really narrow line where these guys can catch a break and your soulless ban-bots can't easily utilize it to knock half the server population out and to stringently terrorize the other half. I hope that it stays this way, because this is definitely a door opener, and the apostles that lurk among us are having a mega ejaculation orgy right now, and they'll try everything to pry this door open juuust a bit further.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
VexingRaven
Byond Username: VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575408

All the people acting like this is going to lead to admins banning people they don't like for bigotry should probably re-read both this rule and the existing rules a few times if they think that admins didn't already have the power to do that.

But hey, I guess wanting the community to be a more welcoming place is really just opening the door for... whatever the fuck bullshit I just read.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575409

BONERMASTER wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:imagine giving a single solitary shit about words
lmao, fucking barbarian.
Easy, Icarus.

I can thoroughly understand being bothered by this change and seeing this as an affliction to the free attitude this place has had in the past. However, I ask given MSO's history (and his very recent decision to not punish the swastika dude, citing it as mods overreaching) you give him a vote of good faith and assume this isn't some kind of crazed SJW takeover, and just dudes being honestly tired to people who use these liberties to create a deliberately shitty environment. If people start getting banned for wrongthink or 'ligger', I guarantee I'll be on your side when that shit comes.

TL;DR have some good faith and ease up, this isn't your last stand
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #575411

VexingRaven wrote:All the people acting like this is going to lead to admins banning people they don't like for bigotry should probably re-read both this rule and the existing rules a few times if they think that admins didn't already have the power to do that.

But hey, I guess wanting the community to be a more welcoming place is really just opening the door for... whatever the fuck bullshit I just read.
I was definitely capable of just banning people I don't like for pretty vague reasons for a very long time.
iloveusername
Byond Username: Iloveusername

Post by iloveusername » #575421

“Daddy?” the spessman twitched uncomfortably.

The Admin shivered, uncontrollably, no matter how many times his follower says it, being called ‘Daddy’ never gets old. “Yes little assistant?”

“I-I still have the racism butt plug in, l-like you asked.”

The Admin smiled at the assistant. “Good boy.”

The spessman bit his lip. “C-can I take it out now and post it, Daddy?”

The Admin moaned and palmed his growing hard on. “Yes baby you can take it out.”

The assistant smiled at his older brother figure. “Thank you Daddy.”

He was about to go into his room, when his brother grabbed him. “No baby boy, take the racism out of your ass here.” The Admin kissed him roughly. “Slowly.”

The assistant moaned into the admin’s mouth. “Daddy fuck me please.”

The Admin smiled a cocky grin. “You want me to fuck you, little spessman?”

The assistant moaned again, taking the racism out slowly like the admin said, putting it in the announcements channel. “Yes Daddy fuck me please.”

The Admin tilted his head. “Mm I don’t know little assistant I don’t think your ready yet.”

“Daddy please.” The assistant whined, straddling the Admin’s already hard cock. “Please?”

The Admin moaned loudly. “Fuck, Ron Lemon.”

“Fuck me Daddy.” The assistant pouted.

The Admin couldn’t take it anymore, his original plan was to tease the spessman into oblivion with his new racism butt plug, but he couldn’t look at his assistant’s pretty little ass and not want to fuck him until he was swore.

“Come here baby. Let Daddy take care of you.”
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #575425

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #575431

Words do have power. Cyberbullying is real. Tyler is gay. Moonlight > Gayniggers From Outer Space > /tg/station 13
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

Post by The Respected Man » #575433

>people are SHOCKED that a server that lets you, a male, roleplay as a catgirl on an atmos simulator, suddenly has a rule that doesn't let you mock trans people

lol.
Jin
Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Post by Jin » #575435

>ywn get made fun of for wearing a skirt IC again
:sadcat:
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #575450

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #575455

terranaut wrote:But you can already rule 1 people who spam NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER in OOC thinking they're super hilarious. That avenue has always existed and nobody really contests those bans except maybe the idiot who caught it in the first place. I'm not worried at all about MSOs intent, I'm more worried about the message that a specific type of banbot is going to get from this.
There are two of those specific types of banbots writing in this forum right now. One has Catbug and the other is (irony aside here) Justice.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Cartographer-D
Byond Username: SonOfSpace

Post by Cartographer-D » #575456

In a time where minorities are speaking out for being systemically repressed (and evidence clearly exists they are), where their fears over the color of their skin are brought to light and they are being actively fought against by racists led by a bigger racist all whilst being gaslit that nothing is wrong, I think people can afford to have a modicum of empathy and respect not to use the n-word or other slurs.

I don't really care if you were raised by 4-chan instead of your parents and think that unironic or ironic racism is your god given right or if you really believe the straw man that this is all some grand plot to take away your freedoms and institute an SJW culture where people can control you. Basic sense and sensibility should triumph over tactless shit-spewing, and while you say that removing slurs will "cause a mass exodus," you fail to realize how many people you are alienating by freely allowing them. The people who have the empathy to care about minorities and minorities with enough pride in themselves to distance from communities that actively spew hatred against them are a lot more valuable than some 20-year old with the mind of a 13 year old spewing racism in OOC like it's the funniest joke since 1943.

And, it turns out, and I know this is shocking, but you can express your ideas (even racist ones!) without using slurs and with a basic level of human decency!

Having better rules to cite for banning assholes is a plus. Would be better if there was actually a good way to age verify, too. If you want a "non-censored" server where you're free to say whatever you want with no repercussions, go start your own server and see how it works out for you. I'm sure the tugboat of ironic racists won't sink if you pail water fast enough.
Skelus
Byond Username: Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575457

Cartographer-D wrote:In a time where minorities are speaking out for being systemically repressed (and evidence clearly exists they are), where their fears over the color of their skin are brought to light and they are being actively fought against by racists led by a bigger racist all whilst being gaslit that nothing is wrong, I think people can afford to have a modicum of empathy and respect not to use the n-word or other slurs.

I don't really care if you were raised by 4-chan instead of your parents and think that unironic or ironic racism is your god given right or if you really believe the straw man that this is all some grand plot to take away your freedoms and institute an SJW culture where people can control you. Basic sense and sensibility should triumph over tactless shit-spewing, and while you say that removing slurs will "cause a mass exodus," you fail to realize how many people you are alienating by freely allowing them. The people who have the empathy to care about minorities and minorities with enough pride in themselves to distance from communities that actively spew hatred against them are a lot more valuable than some 20-year old with the mind of a 13 year old spewing racism in OOC like it's the funniest joke since 1943.

And, it turns out, and I know this is shocking, but you can express your ideas (even racist ones!) without using slurs and with a basic level of human decency!

Having better rules to cite for banning assholes is a plus. Would be better if there was actually a good way to age verify, too. If you want a "non-censored" server where you're free to say whatever you want with no repercussions, go start your own server and see how it works out for you. I'm sure the tugboat of ironic racists won't sink if you pail water fast enough.
This is such an absolutely ORANGE MAN HITLER BAD BASIC HUMAN DECENCY THE BROWN PEOPLE ARE BEING REPRESSED BY THE EVIL STATUES OF WHITE HISTORICAL FIGURES tier take that I had to make sure I wasn't browsing digg.
I play The Fuzz in between bouts of greytider fatigue
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575458

See they use the term "human decency" to imply that if you don't do what they want you're not a "decent human" and then they get pissy when you say they're dehumanising their opponents amd they start claiming "chud" isnt a slur and their calls to have them exterminated isnt a rallying cry to genocide because they're "not decent humans".

Its telling the day after this rule was implemented someone started going on a tankie screed in OOC chat about how they should be able to kill cops and steal from hobby lobby
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #575462

Cartographer-D wrote:[digg]
This is exactly what I was warning you guys about. It might be too late already.

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575463

Cartographer-D wrote:In a time where minorities are speaking out for being systemically repressed (and evidence clearly exists they are), where their fears over the color of their skin are brought to light and they are being actively fought against by racists led by a bigger racist all whilst being gaslit that nothing is wrong, I think people can afford to have a modicum of empathy and respect not to use the n-word or other slurs.

Oh god, shut up.

Stop soapboxing about your politics, this isn't the time or the place. Why are americans so inherently bad at understanding their points aren't inherently logical? You've missed the point of this point entirely, and the argument of every single person telling people not to panic. Stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is subhuman and somehow devoid of humanity - people have all the reason to be concerned, and you're missing the point of *why* they're concerned. If you played for any amount of time, you'd know most regulars here in the forums are not morons who like to be racist because haha funny and just want to reinforce oppression or whatever horseshit they've just typed. A great part of why many flock to communities with little to no censorship in speech is exactly to escape from this inexorable hellscape of no-no words that the Internet has become outside of it, regardless of intent, which slowly slips down a slope that might as well be a greasy pigskin hill of blatant banning of wrongthink.

This has happened before. This has happened in other SS13 servers, either. I can tell you're new by your utter ignorance of why people are afraid.

I still think MSO isn't that kind of guy, this will be fine, and the policy was solely added as a measure to deal with those that aren't like most people here, who were truly either kids or people who abused this freedom to be generally awful, and I strongly urge you to actually read up on the history of those involved - be it you, Cartographer, or other people in this thread - if you think theses are all shadow neo nazis or some shit.

Tl;dr digg
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #575464

a few thoughts, fwiw, which isnt much

1. there is serious gaslighting going on ITT and IRL. we play games to get away from RL. this is ok, there's nothing wrong with people wanting to get away from irl bullshit

2. part of getting away from RL is being able to call someone a fucking n-word/bundle of sticks when they piss you off. someone cuts you off in traffic, AT LEAST 50% of you call them some slur or at least think it very loudly. if someone stunprods me and throws me into a infinite loop disposal, you better believe my first reaction is "what a fatget"

3. from what I infer, MSO's new rule isn't targeted at instances of #2. It's targeted against people spamming the word, or others like it, like 2nd graders who just learned about it. it's also targeted against people who take it way too far like bitching in dead chat/ooc "I wish I could lynch him like an n-word in the street", or take it OOC.

If the political climate IRL wasn't what it currently is, I don't think many of us would truly have an issue with it. we may not agree with it on principle, but it's really not THAT bad. Believe me, when I first saw this on digg, I thought "its all ogre, my favorite spessmen server went full PC principle", but MSO's post and context put it in a different light for me.

my only actual concern is how wildly up to interpretation the rule seems to be. I understand you dont want people skirting the line and you definitely have to take that into consideration with rules like this. It would be nice if MSO would chime in on the first 4-5 appeals related to this rule to set his intended precedent, or at least chime in on the ones he thinks the application went askew; especially since he just created this rule himself specifically to "take it out of the hands of the next headmin team".
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575466

Part of my concern is this rule will embolden certain people. In my example of the guy going on a lefty tirade about burning down bagel shops and robbing hobby stores, i requested an admin tell him to keep it out of OOC. The admin felt the need to tell me he told him off but also explicitly agrees with everything he is saying. I've seen it happen where shit like that is tolerated until the point where people who DON'T constantly polisperg openly towards the left get suspicion thrown on them and then people spend all their time trying to get them banned for not clappimg and hooting enougybwhen someone screams FUCK COPS for the 50th time today in a poorly coded atmospherics simulation BYOND game.

I dont want people sperging in OOC about politics. I dont care what their beliefs are, it's annoying.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #575470

DEM SEAGULLS BE RUININ THE WORLD I TELL YA
Cartographer-D
Byond Username: SonOfSpace

Post by Cartographer-D » #575472

It boggles my mind that a call for basic human decency is somehow turned into a call for social cleansing and censorship, but let me try to put it in a context that's a little less inflammatory since, you're right, the people here deserve to get treated like people and not closet racists. I am truly sorry that in our political climate people have abused that call to push their own agendas, and I'm even more regretful that through that climate we're forced to see extremism from one another. I, above everything else, seek understanding.

First, I get the concern that admins will abuse the rule and ban people who shouldn't be banned under the auspices of "lol, racist." Luckily, people like MSO and other admins exist to push against that. A culture and process of checks and balances keeps rule regulation from being abused, and while I've been taking breaks on and off, I'm fairly certain they'll do a good job of taking out the people that really deserve it. I think Sheodir summed that up pretty well.

What's most important to me is the comment made by Sheodir about escapism. You're certainly right that there should be places where you aren't immediately smacked down for speaking an opinion, and it's good to escape life for a while. Don't you think it might ruin the escapism for others to see people screaming slurs over comms or in OOC in all caps? Remind them of what they have to look forward to in real life? Isn't it a bit of a double standard to say you're being oppressed when what you're saying has a historical, well-founded track record of oppressing others? I can understand this idea that you want to be able to say what you want without repercussion, and to censor things based on unfounded slights is idiotic, but is it really that much of a sacrifice to keep real alienating comments private so that others can feel welcome? I can only guess how many people, bright-eyed and interested in SS13 wanting to contribute to a great community, joined and were immediately discouraged due to open and flagrant use of language that directly alienates and signals them as lesser.

I'll gladly fight for the right to express oneself without worrying about getting dog piled, but in any community there should be lines that aren't crossed. The question is whether or not you want the line to be somewhere most people can feel comfortable, or the line placed where only a few feel comfortable. We can all agree that putting that line too far to the right or too far to the left is bad. This is a step towards putting the line in a better place.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575473

I can't help but notice all the people crying that this is going to EMBOLDEN CERTAIN BAD PEOPLE carry a certain political viewpoint which is incredibly obvious no matter how hard they try to hide it and make it seem like a genuine unbiased concern for the server...
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #575474

Skillywatt wrote:
2. part of getting away from RL is being able to call someone a fucking n-word/bundle of sticks when they piss you off.
Is it, though?

e: I donno, people find catharsis in different ways I guess.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575475

Cartographer-D wrote:words words words
The issue here is that you're assuming bad faith from the get go, as are some in the other side. You're right seeing a wall of slurs on OOC or some shit would be unwelcoming, yes, and that's exactly what I think this rule is set up against. However, the fear comes from in other communities where these measures were used in bad faith to basically shut down any and all discussion on the immediate assumption of wrongthink. The 'middle ground' here relies on trust in other human beings, which honestly both sides of the political debate (specially in America, but due to cultural zeitgeist it bleeds everywhere) are sorely, sorely lacking on.

Making a more welcoming environment and banning people who actually harass is fine and good and a good application of this ruling. Going NO NO-NO WORDS EVER even in a context where it's obviously not offensive or spammy is not, and the harshest thing I can say in support for the other side is that if you're the kind of person that is seriously unable to walk past being called a bundle of sticks casually once in a while, you've probably got other problems coming in a community that can be this upfront about... everything. I don't mean race or politics or gender issues, I mean - look at the cloning discussions alone. This place gets heated. It encourages people to say their mind. You can't create that kind of environment and then try to too tightly restrict it, and again, I don't think that was MSO's point.
VexingRaven wrote:I can't help but notice all the people crying that this is going to EMBOLDEN CERTAIN BAD PEOPLE carry a certain political viewpoint which is incredibly obvious no matter how hard they try to hide it and make it seem like a genuine unbiased concern for the server...
Don't do this. Not everyone who disagrees with you is Hitler.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575476

Sheodir wrote:
VexingRaven wrote:I can't help but notice all the people crying that this is going to EMBOLDEN CERTAIN BAD PEOPLE carry a certain political viewpoint which is incredibly obvious no matter how hard they try to hide it and make it seem like a genuine unbiased concern for the server...
Has anyone not on the right ever used the word wrongthink unironically? Cause you're not really disproving my point here.

Casually using slurs is bigotry. Period. It makes the community an unwelcoming environment for the people subjected to those slurs on a daily basis. Learn to express yourself properly and get that garbage out of your vocabulary like a decent human being that isn't chanspawn and this won't be an issue.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575478

VexingRaven wrote:
Sheodir wrote:
Has anyone not on the right ever used the word wrongthink unironically? Cause you're not really disproving my point here.

Casually using slurs is bigotry. Period. It makes the community an unwelcoming environment for the people subjected to those slurs on a daily basis. Learn to express yourself properly and get that garbage out of your vocabulary like a decent human being that isn't chanspawn and this won't be an issue.
This community was born from 4chan and many people understand the base appeal of the environment. Slurs are not inherently bigotry, as demonstrated by many good comedy skits and many minorities that reclaim them. You have a reductive mindset that pushes people away and are exactly the sort of unpleasant person that makes people afraid.

Also, wrongthink is derived from Orwellian origins and designates people being punished for so-called 'wrong' opinions. It predates modern Internet political discourse by decades.

Fuck off.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575479

Sheodir wrote:
VexingRaven wrote:
Sheodir wrote:

This community was born from 4chan and many people understand the base appeal of the environment. Slurs are not inherently bigotry, as demonstrated by many good comedy skits and many minorities that reclaim them. You have a reductive mindset that pushes people away and are exactly the sort of unpleasant person that makes people afraid.
If you're using it in a comedy skit with the intention of drawing attention to the issues and empowering minorities that's one thing. Just going HAHA BUNDLE OF STICKS IS THE BEST INSULT I CAN COME UP WITH is not on the same level. Don't degrade good comedy by comparing your own poor choice of vocabulary to it.

The origins are what they are but I have quite literally never seen anyone use the word in a modern context except for people who try to justify being hurtful and refusing to empathize with others by exclaiming that they're being punished for wrongthink, despite having not been punished at all, much less for what they think.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575480

VexingRaven wrote:If you're using it in a comedy skit with the intention of drawing attention to the issues and empowering minorities that's one thing. Just going HAHA BUNDLE OF STICKS IS THE BEST INSULT I CAN COME UP WITH is not on the same level. Don't degrade good comedy by comparing your own poor choice of vocabulary to it.

The origins are what they are but I have quite literally never seen anyone use the word in a modern context except for people who try to justify being hurtful and refusing to empathize with others by exclaiming that they're being punished for wrongthink.
Search every post and serverlog ever for me to have used a single slur. Go ahead. I dare you.

I've never used them, I personally dislike using them, and I support MSO's decision, so review my posts before you get any more confused. My point is that no, casually slurs doesn't make you an automatic awful bigot, and if you think the rule will be used that way I feel you've missed recent events quite badly and simply looked at the announcement. There is a definite line between actual harassment and a lax environment where insults get out sometimes, and when you say broad generalizations like ANY USE OF SLURS IS INHERENTLY YOU BEING THE WORST PERSON EVER, not only do you sound out of line, you're creating conflict with people that you could probably get along just fine with if you took the time to see that no, these aren't awful people.

Even if some of them are edgy, and others type out essays like the Alamo's about to fall. In short, don't validate what people are afraid of.
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575483

VexingRaven wrote:
Sheodir wrote:

Casually :clap emojii: using :clap emojii: slurs :clap emojii: is :clap emojii: bigotry :clap emojii: Period :clap emojii: SWEETIE :clap emojii:
Decent :clap emojii: human :clap emojii: being
Its like looking at a twitter bingo card with every post. There is absolutely nobody "subjected to slurs on a daily basis" unless you happen to make logging into ss13 to break into brig and gun down the security staff a daily routine.
If you feel unsafe playing a virtual spaceman game because someone said "stop that you fucking nigger goddamn" as you are actively cutting through their window pane then perhaps you should go to literally any other server which caters to the kind people who read white fragility and agree unironically while simultaneously breaking into a pseudo-mental break state because someone types N on a keyboard.
24/7 discord trans-trenders like we see on display in this thread such as the eternal rustledjimm and out of touch members of the neue-moderation team like vekter have been a disaster for tgstation and now instead of the emperors' light the only thing you see gazing into the warp of byond is a giant rift shaped like the digg alien.

As an American I hate having my speech policed in any setting by gatekeepers, especially gatekeepers who are immense secondaries and have only recently latched onto the community to bleed it dry for clout like r/sigmarxism. it should be telling that Goebbels of all people lashed out at puritanical pearl-clutchers like this. it hurts my poor heart to see tgstation slowly rotting into another HRP-HRT nest. You can smell the trans-flag-backround-discord-avatar political takes from miles away just looking at some of the recent events.
This is every hobbyist community right now, all while they insist the slippery slope is a fallacy and they don't want to control you, simply be a "decent human being" and you wont feel the bootheel for the next week.

tl;dr bake the fucking cake bigot [cocks gun]
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575484

Sheodir wrote:
VexingRaven wrote:If you're using it in a comedy skit with the intention of drawing attention to the issues and empowering minorities that's one thing. Just going HAHA BUNDLE OF STICKS IS THE BEST INSULT I CAN COME UP WITH is not on the same level. Don't degrade good comedy by comparing your own poor choice of vocabulary to it.

The origins are what they are but I have quite literally never seen anyone use the word in a modern context except for people who try to justify being hurtful and refusing to empathize with others by exclaiming that they're being punished for wrongthink.
Search every post and serverlog ever for me to have used a single slur. Go ahead. I dare you.

I've never used them, I personally dislike using them, and I support MSO's decision, so review my posts before you get any more confused. My point is that no, casually slurs doesn't make you an automatic awful bigot, and if you think the rule will be used that way I feel you've missed recent events quite badly and simply looked at the announcement. There is a definite line between actual harassment and a lax environment where insults get out sometimes, and when you say broad generalizations like ANY USE OF SLURS IS INHERENTLY YOU BEING THE WORST PERSON EVER, not only do you sound out of line, you're creating conflict with people that you could probably get along just fine with if you took the time to see that no, these aren't awful people.

Even if some of them are edgy, and others type out essays like the Alamo's about to fall. In short, don't validate what people are afraid of.
I never said it makes you an awful bigot to use them. But using them is bigotry and should not be allowed. If you can't take a criticism of a single action you take without going off the handle then no, I'm not sure I would get along just fine with you at all. As far as what the rule will be used for I am well aware of what's been stated by the admins and I disagree with it because targeted harassment is already banned. This will do some to make the community a more welcoming place, but it should go further. There's very little difference to a casual observer between somebody taking the time to exclaim "You bundle of sticks!" in anger and somebody just randomly dropping it because they're homophobic and they feel like it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575486

Alright VexinngRaven, you want me to be creative in my insults? I hope someone removes your hands with an angle grinder, you puerile shit-streaked moralizing soccer matron. You want a welcoming community and your first fucking act is to sign up to this forum and tell people who have been here for a decade that they're no longer welcome. Take your microwaved-six-times takes, line your adult diaper with them, and take a fucking header off the nearest building, you phlegmatic zit-squeezing corncob.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575487

Skelus wrote:
VexingRaven wrote:
Sheodir wrote:

This is every hobbyist community right now, all while they insist the slippery slope is a fallacy and they don't want to control you, simply be a "decent human being" and you wont feel the bootheel for the next week.

tl;dr bake the fucking cake bigot [cocks gun]
If everywhere you go you see people telling you to stop being absolute human garbage with no sympathy for anyone but yourself, you might want to take a step back and wonder if maybe they have a point. Or you can just go into a frothing foaming white fragility pseduo-mental-break rage like you accuse anyone else with a modicum of empathy of doing.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Alright VexinngRaven, you want me to be creative in my insults? I hope someone removes your hands with an angle grinder, you puerile shit-streaked moralizing soccer matron. You want a welcoming community and your first fucking act is to sign up to this forum and tell people who have been here for a decade that they're no longer welcome. Take your microwaved-six-times takes, line your adult diaper with them, and take a fucking header off the nearest building, you phlegmatic zit-squeezing corncob.
Who said anyone wasn't welcome? Why is it so incredibly difficult to just... not use slurs? if that makes you not feel welcome, then that's a you problem.

Also, I actually signed up here to discuss code and laugh at funny screenshots, this thread just happens to be a fun diversion.
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575488

VexingRaven wrote:
If everywhere you go you see people telling you to stop being absolute human garbage with no sympathy for anyone but yourself, you might want to take a step back and wonder if maybe they have a point. Or you can just go into a frothing foaming white fragility pseduo-mental-break rage like you accuse anyone else with a modicum of empathy of doing.[/quote]
I have plenty of empathy for the people who deserve it, not for multiple-felony holding pregnant woman threatening drug addicts or bleeding heart soccer moms who demand the world be coated in bubble wrap to protect the feelings of the poor children. You are exactly the same as the latter, except you are screaming "WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR BROWN PEOPLE, THEY HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS OR ABILITY TO SHRUG OFF INSULTS, PLEASE THINK OF THE POOR BROWN PEOPLE". If you would like equality, please stop treating the delicate little "minorities" as if they are unable to handle reality itself.
Europeans and their precursors have been enslaved and enslaved eachother for nearly a millenia,the difference is we don't pretend like that fact makes us unable to cope with being called mean words.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575490

VexingRaven wrote:I never said it makes you an awful bigot to use them. But using them is bigotry and should not be allowed. If you can't take a criticism of a single action you take without going off the handle then no, I'm not sure I would get along just fine with you at all. As far as what the rule will be used for I am well aware of what's been stated by the admins and I disagree with it because targeted harassment is already banned. This will do some to make the community a more welcoming place, but it should go further. There's very little difference to a casual observer between somebody taking the time to exclaim "You bundle of sticks!" in anger and somebody just randomly dropping it because they're homophobic and they feel like it.
VexingRaven wrote:If everywhere you go you see people telling you to stop being absolute human garbage with no sympathy for anyone but yourself, you might want to take a step back and wonder if maybe they have a point. Or you can just go into a frothing foaming white fragility pseduo-mental-break rage like you accuse anyone else with a modicum of empathy of doing.

Who said anyone wasn't welcome? Why is it so incredibly difficult to just... not use slurs? if that makes you not feel welcome, then that's a you problem.

Also, I actually signed up here to discuss code and laugh at funny screenshots, this thread just happens to be a fun diversion.
These statements are at odds, specially with your earlier one where you accused everyone that is worried by this choice of being a secret Neo-Nazi. You are deliberately antagonizing people and then going 'but everyone's welcome!' afterwards, because you don't actually have any damn interest in consensus. If you assume bad faith at every turn, we're never going to go anywhere with this, and I honestly think this place might not be for you, with or without this new policy.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Alright VexinngRaven, you want me to be creative in my insults? I hope someone removes your hands with an angle grinder, you puerile shit-streaked moralizing soccer matron. You want a welcoming community and your first fucking act is to sign up to this forum and tell people who have been here for a decade that they're no longer welcome. Take your microwaved-six-times takes, line your adult diaper with them, and take a fucking header off the nearest building, you phlegmatic zit-squeezing corncob.
Crag, my man, you aren't supposed to convince me MSO's policy was the best thing ever. If it's gonna result in more verbal thrashings like this one I hope to never see a slur again.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575491

Any word becomes a slur if there's enough anger behind it, you fucking lamprey. Beaner is derived from the use of beans in Mexican food. Nigger is derived from the spanish word for "black". Cowards like you say you're just "banning slurs" and then expand the list of slurs so vast that it becomes impossible to express criticism towards anything without talking like a fucking soulless android like Lieutenant Commander Data. At which point, your criticism is fucking ignored by the powers that be and any attempt to further your complaint gets you banned for harassment.

I'll give you an example. You, and people of your ilk, are like eucalyptus trees. You're toxic and have such little nutritional value the only animal that feeds on you has to sleep 20 hours a day, habitually eat its own frothy diarrhea, and has a brain so god damn smooth it can't recognize food on a plate. And much like the eucalyptus tree, you're an invasive species in America. Your survival strategy is to choke the indigenous population of resources, and when that doesn't work, you wait for the lightest spark to burst into a towering inferno and detonate, showering the rest of the forest with your flaming oil and starting a fucking holocaust. So, you insipid euc, you craven koala-fodder, I would really appreciate it if you made like a tree and leaf.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575493

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Any word becomes a slur if there's enough anger behind it, you fucking lamprey. Beaner is derived from the use of beans in Mexican food. Nigger is derived from the spanish word for "black". Cowards like you say you're just "banning slurs" and then expand the list of slurs so vast that it becomes impossible to express criticism towards anything without talking like a fucking soulless android like Lieutenant Commander Data. At which point, your criticism is fucking ignored by the powers that be and any attempt to further your complaint gets you banned for harassment.

I'll give you an example. You, and people of your ilk, are like eucalyptus trees. You're toxic and have such little nutritional value the only animal that feeds on you has to sleep 20 hours a day, habitually eat its own frothy diarrhea, and has a brain so god damn smooth it can't recognize food on a plate. And much like the eucalyptus tree, you're an invasive species in America. Your survival strategy is to choke the indigenous population of resources, and when that doesn't work, you wait for the lightest spark to burst into a towering inferno and detonate, showering the rest of the forest with your flaming oil and starting a fucking holocaust. So, you insipid euc, you craven koala-fodder, I would really appreciate it if you made like a tree and leaf.
This is the best

It's like we unlocked Super Crag

Edit: I might actually start using 'you fucking euc' good job
Last edited by Sheodir on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575494

Sheodir wrote:
VexingRaven wrote:I never said it makes you an awful bigot to use them. But using them is bigotry and should not be allowed. If you can't take a criticism of a single action you take without going off the handle then no, I'm not sure I would get along just fine with you at all. As far as what the rule will be used for I am well aware of what's been stated by the admins and I disagree with it because targeted harassment is already banned. This will do some to make the community a more welcoming place, but it should go further. There's very little difference to a casual observer between somebody taking the time to exclaim "You bundle of sticks!" in anger and somebody just randomly dropping it because they're homophobic and they feel like it.
VexingRaven wrote:If everywhere you go you see people telling you to stop being absolute human garbage with no sympathy for anyone but yourself, you might want to take a step back and wonder if maybe they have a point. Or you can just go into a frothing foaming white fragility pseduo-mental-break rage like you accuse anyone else with a modicum of empathy of doing.

These statements are at odds, specially with your earlier one where you accused everyone that is worried by this choice of being a secret Neo-Nazi. You are deliberately antagonizing people and then going 'but everyone's welcome!' afterwards, because you don't actually have any damn interest in consensus. If you assume bad faith at every turn, we're never going to go anywhere with this, and I honestly think this place might not be for you, with or without this new policy.
I was really just saying the only people terrified of this seem to be right-wing chanspawn and thus far that seems pretty accurate, but I guess if you want to step that up to "secret neo-nazi" I won't disagree. The only one assuming bad faith here seems to be you, if I'm being honest. I was just making an observation, I didn't say they weren't welcome. As long as they can just, you know, not use slurs then I'm happy to just shut up and ignore their other hot takes.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Any word becomes a slur if there's enough anger behind it, you fucking lamprey. Beaner is derived from the use of beans in Mexican food. Nigger is derived from the spanish word for "black". Cowards like you say you're just "banning slurs" and then expand the list of slurs so vast that it becomes impossible to express criticism towards anything without talking like a fucking soulless android like Lieutenant Commander Data. At which point, your criticism is fucking ignored by the powers that be and any attempt to further your complaint gets you banned for harassment.

I genuinely don't think you know what a slur is or what makes a word a slur, but I'll give you a hint: One person using it once, or even a hundred people using it a hundred times, doesn't make a word a slur. A slur is a word that serves little-to-no other modern purpose other than being a word used to attack somebody for something they are and can't change.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575496

That's a moronic definition. That would mean I could call you a dirty mudslime and it's not a slur because you could convert away from Islam and take a shower.

Let me provide a counterpoint to you saying if everywhere you go people tell you you're not being "decent". People were already THERE. There wasn't a problem until you fucking eucs showed up. If everywhere you go you encounter hostility and hurty-ouchies, maybe stop fucking going places like that. Even the mentally challenged can be taught not to touch the fucking stove. If you hear dog-whistles everywhere you go, you might be a fucking dog.

You would think for someone who habitually gapes his own shitterhole you'd be more accustomed to discomfort, you soft-barked shrub.
VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #575498

Super Aggro Crag wrote:That's a moronic definition. That would mean I could call you a dirty mudslime and it's not a slur because you could convert away from Islam and take a shower.
Yes, that is in fact correct because it's not a slur.
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575499

Super Aggro Crag wrote:That's a moronic definition. That would mean I could call you a dirty mudslime and it's not a slur because you could convert away from Islam and take a shower.

Let me provide a counterpoint to you saying if everywhere you go people tell you you're not being "decent". People were already THERE. There wasn't a problem until you fucking eucs showed up. If everywhere you go you encounter hostility and hurty-ouchies, maybe stop fucking going places like that. Even the mentally challenged can be taught not to touch the fucking stove. If you hear dog-whistles everywhere you go, you might be a fucking dog.

You would think for someone who habitually gapes his own shitterhole you'd be more accustomed to discomfort, you soft-barked shrub.
Goddamn crag is the venerable dreadnought of the BASED chapter.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575501

VexingRaven wrote:
Yes, that is in fact correct because it's not a slur.
So I could call you a fucking cumchugging whitebellied shitchimp, because its your personal fucking choice to wash your mouth out with semen instead of buckshot? Good to know, euc.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #575502

Crag needs to have their own tier level on everyone's tier list, lone at the top, and pushing everyone who dares to climb there merely with the power of words.

And Vexing, this is the wrong hill to die on. Give up, it's getting embarrassing to watch you try to defend your "argument" so poorly. Get down and learn to listen.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575509

Also just so no one says chumchugger is a slur, swallowing is a choice so by VexingRaven's definition you can't touch me.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #575517

is gender a choice
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #575518

Just for reference, this is a perfect example of an appropriate use of a slur under the new rules, and why i won't blanket ban slurs. While it would be easy for a bigot to use the "for example" dog whistle to try and bypass the rules, there isn't any reason to believe SAC is doing so here.

(Yes, this post was reported.)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575519

you know what isn't a slur? Clown. Whoever reported me is the fucking High King of Harlequins, the King of Clowns, the Absolute, Biggest Dumb Fuck Bozo Dipshit of All Time. Eat the corn out of my shit, you little red nosed peel-dropper.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #575538

Reported for upsettingly good looks and an agonizing genitalia size!

legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #575547

hets please leave this is a gay server now

thank you