Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby XDTM » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:16 pm #575671

Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible


Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.



Skelus
 
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:52 am
Byond Username: Skelus

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Skelus » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:21 pm #575672

XDTM wrote:
Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible


Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists

Critical race theory is being blasted into the heads of unfortunate government employees across the US and specifically cites things like "Hard-working attitude", "Holding oneself accountable" and "Desire for self improvement" as white traits that need to be dismantled.
You tell me where the white supremacist dogma is.
I play The Fuzz in between bouts of greytider fatigue

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 pm #575674

Wait did this and the blackface policy discussion thread get merged or what
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Grazyn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 pm #575680

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Wait did this and the blackface policy discussion thread get merged or what

This is about IC blackface

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:06 pm #575681

So is the other thread
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Grazyn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:15 pm #575683

Tarchonvaagh wrote:So is the other thread

This kind of blackface

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:30 pm #575684

It looks diabolic, like leatherface
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Jack7D1 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:42 pm #575686

BONERMASTER wrote:Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.

yeah what the heck was that
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Atlanta-Ned » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm #575688

Jack7D1 wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.

yeah what the heck was that


lmao at least im not defending racist assholes
Feedback pls (Don't bother though, because I am perfect)
### ListVarEdit by Atlanta-ned: /datum/reagents reagent_list: Water=/obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/alien
IcePacks wrote:>all you have is a taser and the cold realization that you're a haphazard bandaid over a problem that may or may not exist, applied by someone who doesn't know or care enough about their job to do it properly

OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:52 pm #575689

Nice ad hominem Ned really makes your argument seem well thought out and defensible instead of a spiteful tantrum by a fucking subby bottom fuckboy who thinks replying to sexts with "hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?" counts as a personality.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:58 pm #575690

hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 pm #575691

Space Panda wrote:hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?

Lol
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:02 pm #575692

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?

Lol


don't just stare at me and laugh... :oops:

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm #575693

*points at you and says eekum bokum*

Eekum Bokum!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:35 pm #575695

*turns into a flyperson*

s-so you'd prefer that I looked like this? :(

*drools*

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 pm #575696

*hangs strip of adhesive paper from the ceiling*
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:43 pm #575697

*gets glued to the flypaper*

oh no, this paper is too sticky! Help me, Crag!

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby actioninja » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:51 pm #575698

Skelus wrote:If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]


I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.
Image

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Sheodir » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:00 pm #575699

Super Aggro Crag wrote:*points at you and says eekum bokum*

Eekum Bokum!




actioninja wrote:
I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.


I didn't say anything
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby terranaut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:18 pm #575703

actioninja wrote:
Skelus wrote:If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]


I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.


this retard exists on both sides
there's "can we maybe not censor speech" and "can we maybe not say the n-word" as the reasonable people and then there's retards like skelus on the one side and retards who are gonna start foaming at every imagined and perceived slight like that clown who reported crags post
clearly the common enemy we have is retards
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:13 pm #575712

Space Panda wrote:*gets glued to the flypaper*

oh no, this paper is too sticky! Help me, Crag!



terranaut says the common enemy is retards...


you know who ELSE wanted to exterminate the retarded?

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby terranaut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm #575713

i'm going to exterminate crag
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:18 pm #575714

terranaut wrote:i'm going to exterminate crag

so much for the reasonable centrists :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Grazyn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 pm #575716

Shouldn't the title be "rest in power"?

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Timonk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 pm #575718

God dammit yall nerfed assistants I can't call seccies nigger anymore to bait them into maint and buckle cuff them
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Jack7D1 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:52 pm #575720

who wants to erp with me
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Timonk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:54 pm #575721

Me, let's meet in dorms 4... jk unless...?
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Space Panda
 
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:58 pm #575722

is this an erp thread now? :3

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby terranaut » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:04 pm #575726

Space Panda wrote:is this an erp thread now? :3

Yes ^w^
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Qbopper » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 pm #575729

one time i saw someone was being racist (not on tgstation) and i said he shouldnt do that so he apologized to me and then started telling me he didnt mean to be racist he just thinks that black people aren't human

i wish this was a joke
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 pm
Byond Username: STP

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Sometinyprick » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:05 pm #575733

To be honest, I've been here a long fucking time and for a long time felt proud that we didn't need to introduce any type of ban of this nature mostly because a large portion of our population came from "old /tg/ and /v/" where offensive humour was common but there was an understanding it wasn't done with any hate or bigotry in mind, it was just dumb jokes that were sometimes funny and sometimes not and the very few people who drank the koolaid and went full in were pretty much shunned and mostly got lynched IC and OOC if they went full neo-nazi. Also to say we were an offshoot of /tg/ isn't really correct they hated us and banned our threads since atleast early 2011 urist was the tg ss13 server plus most of our players came from /v/ in Summer 2012

However things change the number of people who couldn't differentiate between crude jokes and real actual bigotry increased pretty much fucking everywhere on the internet and everything became a lot more polarised. Tgstation is no exception and imo there's way too many people drinking the fucking kool-aid last time I logged into the server I saw a fucking 3-4 page OOC argument about racemixing off all fucking things and multiple people screaming "nigger" in the comms not at anyone in particular just stupid shit like "I hate fucking niggers" with no context or IC interaction applied to it just a very poor attempt at edgy humour. I agree with the spirit of the new rule I feel it gives people the freedom to still use slurs in the context of in character interactions while removing the people who just like to scream slurs to piss people off.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby oranges » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 pm #575734

terranaut wrote:
actioninja wrote:
Skelus wrote:If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]


I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.


this retard exists on both sides
there's "can we maybe not censor speech" and "can we maybe not say the n-word" as the reasonable people and then there's retards like skelus on the one side and retards who are gonna start foaming at every imagined and perceived slight like that clown who reported crags post
clearly the common enemy we have is retards

Image

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby BONERMASTER » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:26 pm #575737

Atlanta-Ned wrote:lmao at least im not defending racist assholes


So when you abduct and mail the remains of your competing employees to their families, will they die reassured, that it has really, absolutely nothing to do with their race?
Twottle_Birb wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
saprasam
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby saprasam » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 pm #575738

roll d20 for racism level
Image
tgmc admin (I HAVE LOST HUMAN RIGHTS)

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 pm #575741

Qbopper wrote:one time i saw someone was being racist (not on tgstation) and i said he shouldnt do that so he apologized to me and then started telling me he didnt mean to be racist he just thinks that black people aren't human

i wish this was a joke

black people are human
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby iksyp » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:17 pm #575747

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
the bee did nothing wrong


lmao at least im not defending racist assholes

this type of behavior from players, admins, and coders is why this server is fucked, not because of an anti bigotry rule
you guys never want to listen to each other so you pull shit like this and act offended when you're all generalized as self-centered asshats
its one of two reasons why i barely play anymore, now im just another one of the people here to stir shit and make people upset so i can watch as you all implode
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby oranges » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:11 pm #575755

it must be quite upsetting for you to sit here as tg steadfastly refuses to implode as you wish it then?

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby wesoda25 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 pm #575756

Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.
Naloac wrote:Since you have asked for a *community opinion* and im the player voted admin. Ill give you my official opinion straight from the *community* Your fucking retarded

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby oranges » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 pm #575757

well unless you signed yourself up to get CBT by being an admin or forum mod or something

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm #575762

wesoda25 wrote:Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.

not if you're a coder
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Stickymayhem » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:53 pm #575763

iksyp wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
the bee did nothing wrong


lmao at least im not defending racist assholes

this type of behavior from players, admins, and coders is why this server is fucked, not because of an anti bigotry rule
you guys never want to listen to each other so you pull shit like this and act offended when you're all generalized as self-centered asshats
its one of two reasons why i barely play anymore, now im just another one of the people here to stir shit and make people upset so i can watch as you all implode


whats the other reason WHATS THE OTHER REASON IKE WE HAVE TO KNOW
Image

Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby cacogen » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:13 am #575766

wesoda25 wrote:Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.

well yeah but i want to be ~informed~
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

Skelus
 
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:52 am
Byond Username: Skelus

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Skelus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:49 am #575775

actioninja wrote:
Skelus wrote:If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]


I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.

I can make a tally until "JUST USE BASIC HUMAN DECENCY!!1!" but thats typically a null value.
And then you have atlanta-ned with "I may be a manipulative piece of shit but atleast i'm not a racist" unironically.
I play The Fuzz in between bouts of greytider fatigue

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Sheodir » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:01 am #575776

Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Stickymayhem » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:40 am #575778

Sheodir wrote:Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.


bobbah did some dodgey data management stuff with scrubby (minor, but a minor violation of it's users) and atlanta was unhappy and shut down the game stats pages in protest. Bobbah acknowledged his mistake and apologised and atlanta put the page back up.

The real drama was in the mean words everyone used the actual situation wasn't all that exciting and only heavily impacted admins, since it was their data primarily being mishandled and the statbus stuff is most heavily used by them

this is a massive oversimplification but it's the gist
Image

Image

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby wesoda25 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:42 am #575779

I think the security thing was an equal concern for both players and admins, but yeah.
Naloac wrote:Since you have asked for a *community opinion* and im the player voted admin. Ill give you my official opinion straight from the *community* Your fucking retarded

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Sheodir » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 am #575780

Stickymayhem wrote:
Sheodir wrote:Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.


bobbah did some dodgey data management stuff with scrubby (minor, but a minor violation of it's users) and atlanta was unhappy and shut down the game stats pages in protest. Bobbah acknowledged his mistake and apologised and atlanta put the page back up.

The real drama was in the mean words everyone used the actual situation wasn't all that exciting and only heavily impacted admins, since it was their data primarily being mishandled and the statbus stuff is most heavily used by them

this is a massive oversimplification but it's the gist


Thank you strange snail creature
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Stickymayhem » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:25 am #575783

wesoda25 wrote:I think the security thing was an equal concern for both players and admins, but yeah.


thats fair, the specific misuse involved admin data but yeah it applied to everyone
Image

Image

User avatar
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Atlanta-Ned » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:55 am #575784

Stickymayhem wrote:
Sheodir wrote:Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.


bobbah did some dodgey data management stuff with scrubby (minor, but a minor violation of it's users) and atlanta was unhappy and shut down the game stats pages in protest. Bobbah acknowledged his mistake and apologised and atlanta put the page back up.

The real drama was in the mean words everyone used the actual situation wasn't all that exciting and only heavily impacted admins, since it was their data primarily being mishandled and the statbus stuff is most heavily used by them

this is a massive oversimplification but it's the gist


Close: I took statbus down (and mostly left tg) in protest of how the headmins badly mishandled a situation (I don’t recall how much if it is public so I won’t go into details). I couldn’t in good conscience remove statbus without also letting people know about the perceived dodginess with scrubby.

That was, of course, a hugely assholish thing of me to do, and I publicly apologized* for it.

But that doesn’t fit the narrative that I’m one of those ess jay double-you types with an axe to grind so I guess every thread I post in from now on will be turning into a referendum on how much I suck.

EDIT: * and linked to that apology from literally every page on statbus until earlier this week
Feedback pls (Don't bother though, because I am perfect)
### ListVarEdit by Atlanta-ned: /datum/reagents reagent_list: Water=/obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/alien
IcePacks wrote:>all you have is a taser and the cold realization that you're a haphazard bandaid over a problem that may or may not exist, applied by someone who doesn't know or care enough about their job to do it properly

OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Postby Timonk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 am #575789

Ess Jay double jew
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users