Cannot connect to server or get help on Discord

General SS13 Chat
ABygoneTale
Byond Username: CzarSilvestrini

Cannot connect to server or get help on Discord

Post by ABygoneTale » #576330

So, I want to try out these servers, but my game simply does not connect at all.
This happens on Sybil and Basil.
Everything is just blank. Sometimes I'm able to see something in the chat or the screen for one second but it just goes to blank again.
And under status it just says "loading..."

On Terry, it loads the image and the chat, but I cannot interact with anything (Probably because I lost connection).
And if I try to reconnect, it's just more of the same.

Could it be that it won't work if I connect from Brazil? (I have a feeling that could be it).

And, I need to be able to connect to the server to be able to get help in the discord (gotta say, that's not a good idea guys :D ).

Thanks.
Last edited by ABygoneTale on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Cannot connect to server or get help on Discord

Post by oranges » #576331

You can get help in the discord as admins can see the verification channel

All of our servers are panic bunkered, and as such, you are unable to connect to any tgstation server without having connected before.

According to tgdb, you've never connected to any of our servers, so this panic bunker is going to prevent you joining.

There is no timeline for the panic bunker to be lifted so you will have to play somewhere else in the meantime
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #576332

The servers are currently "panic bunkered", meaning only players who have connected before are currently able to connect.
This is due to some combination of a DDOS and a hacked client going around, last I hear. No word yet on when it will be listed.

Sorry you're unable to play here for the time being, in the mean time you could check out Beestation, Yogstation, Skyrat, or a few others, that are "downstreams" of TG, meaning they run code based on ours.
ABygoneTale
Byond Username: CzarSilvestrini

Post by ABygoneTale » #576333

Hmm, that sucks. But I understand.
If I don't find a server with better latency, I'll keep an eye here if it ever gets normalized.

Thank you for the response.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #576334

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:The servers are currently "panic bunkered", meaning only players who have connected before are currently able to connect.
This is due to some combination of a DDOS and a hacked client going around, last I hear. No word yet on when it will be listed.

Sorry you're unable to play here for the time being, in the mean time you could check out Beestation, Yogstation, Skyrat, or a few others, that are "downstreams" of TG, meaning they run code based on ours.
:donut2: