THEY REMOVED SLUGS FROM PRINTER

General SS13 Chat
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

THEY REMOVED SLUGS FROM PRINTER

Post by RiskySikh » #585109

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/55663
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHY CAN WE GO BACK TO 2018 BAGIL IN WHICH SEC WASNT DOO DOO POO SHIT
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: THEY REMOVED SLUGS FROM PRINTER

Post by Armhulen » #585110

lets fucking goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585111

when do we reach the point where we nerf anything and everything and nothing does anything anymore
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585112

aka the hugbox singularity point
im just gonna craft improvised shotguns for my slugs now
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #585114

Oh great. A poorly thought out shitty solution to a genuine problem. I wonder if oranges would have even merged it had digg not raided the pr.

Only good thing about that pr was slug removal though LOL
[this space reserved]
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585115

Also im of the opinion that in a game where we can blow someone's head off and nerf medicine because it has no backlash (hi Cobby babe) should have some resemblance to real life concepts since we can't bullet sponge 5 buckshot rounds to the head IRL either
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #585116

bad pr

we have a habit of doing the 'first step' for a fix towards a problem but never having the follow through.

with great concern,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #585117

not only that but jesus is it too much to ask contributors to test their code at a bare minimum??

slightly frustrated,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #585118

bobbahbrown wrote:not only that but jesus is it too much to ask contributors to test their code at a bare minimum??

slightly frustrated,
bobbah 'bee' brown
that means they'd have to play the game, bobbah...
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #585120

what's that? an alternative ammo type?
it made me horizontal?
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *blood spews from eyes, mouth foams, head slams repeatedly into keyboard until both it and my cranium are a fine dust*
NOOOOO IT CAN'T BE, THE ELDRITCH HORROR, IT'S TOO MUCH
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! HELP ME CODERS!!!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #585123

With all the other changes, this ended up being a pretty bad change. And although it won't be done he should actually be temporarily gitbanned for not testing something like that. Big difference between finding bugs in a new feature and just webbiting controversial change #12054 and not even testing.

To be clear, removal of slugs good, everything else bundled on made it not worth it and I'd much rather someone took MY design document for reworking ALL guns at once instead of randomly breaking stuff and, as bobbah said, taking first step
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #585124

I'm sure it's very balanced now that it's slightly more annoying for you to get your hands on dangerous ammo, but said dangerous ammo is just as unfair when you have it ready and gg someone in the face.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #585126

confused rock wrote:I'm sure it's very balanced now that it's slightly more annoying for you to get your hands on dangerous ammo, but said dangerous ammo is just as unfair when you have it ready and gg someone in the face.
lol no slugs do 30 damage aka 18 on security. 12 shot kills...

ALSO its gone from autolathe and techlathe.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #585127

daddy oranges knows best
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #585130

Remove ballistics, embrace lasers, become lore friendly :)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #585134

Cobby wrote:Remove ballistics, embrace lasers, become lore friendly :)
cringe headcanon
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #585141

Cobby wrote:Remove ballistics, embrace lasers, become lore friendly :)
ew
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585144

How do you get buckshot or slugs now?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #585146

You just don't
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585150

OK time to pull out pulse slugs and scatter lasers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #585153

it won't save you
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #585154

There's plenty of other things that are draining the fun out of this game, I don't think shotgun was up there. Personally, would rather put the energy into reforming melee, for example empty swinging and hitting people when they walk into it, so you don't develop aspergers trying to click your target.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #585155

Make improvised shells.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #585156

Don't be sad because it's over.
Be happy because it happened.

Imagine an alternate reality though where I didn't kill old adrenals traitor imsxz with slugs in space and no one started to jump on the slug hate bandwagon.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #585158

Shotguns being gone lets us do some cool shit with rebalancing lasers instead of designing literally everything combat related around whether or not shotguns can ace you.

Anyway I'm seeing the usual divide between level-headed players and massive shitslinging apes so I think this is a good change.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585160

Guys can I shoot you with a laser that can cause third degree burns once trust me I can just put some regen mesh on the wound and it'll be fine
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585161

*buys energy shield*
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #585164

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #585166

pugie wrote: Imagine an alternate reality though where I didn't kill old adrenals traitor imsxz with slugs in space and no one started to jump on the slug hate bandwagon.
what's to hate

also this thread got 28 replies in less than 14 hours i've read three of them that's all i'm gonna do my take is i don't care i have bad ping i avoid combat
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585170

Also im sure a shot from a revolver is more dangerous than a big ass fucking slug shot by a shotgun
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #585189

traitor guns are still balanced around stun combat. 60 damage bullets were balanced when compared to 1 shot tazers. ebows, revolvers, etc still need a nerf.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585192

confused rock wrote:traitor guns are still balanced around stun combat. 60 damage bullets were balanced when compared to 1 shot tazers. ebows, revolvers, etc still need a nerf.
hot take but traitors should be stronger than the average shitter with a stolen gun
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #585199

terranaut wrote:
confused rock wrote:traitor guns are still balanced around stun combat. 60 damage bullets were balanced when compared to 1 shot tazers. ebows, revolvers, etc still need a nerf.
hot take but traitors should be stronger than the average shitter with a stolen gun
mildly warmed maybe
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585204

oranges wrote:
terranaut wrote:
mildly warmed maybe
it was spiced with sarcasm
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #585220

now every time i die from lack of slugs(which is now permanent by the way) i can complain that the coders killed me
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585223

but why should 1 revolver shot wreck your whole life when half a salve of buckshot barely scratches you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #585227

Timonk wrote:but why should 1 revolver shot wreck your whole life when half a salve of buckshot barely scratches you
In real life: Because the force is distributed amongst many small projectiles rather than concentrated in one large one
In game: because the damage is distributed amongst many small projectiles rather than concentrated in one large one

A slug is 100% of the damage/force, while buckshot in game often misses a few pellets
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585244

yea but 1 full salve of buckshot still does less damage than 1 revolver shot
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585246

again, wanna try bullet sponging half a salve of buckshot IRL?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #585251

local EU nogunz vegan talks about real life guns and expects not to be laughed at
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585253

local guntriot talking about how gun good expecting to not be laughed at
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #585268

Timonk wrote:local guntriot talking about how gun good expecting to not be laughed at
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG GUN GOOD GIMME GUN GUN GUN GIMME GIMME GUUUUUN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
EUROPOORS HNNGNNGNGNGNGNGNGGGGGGGGGGG GUUUUUUUUUUN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #585273

americans expecting real life gun knowledge to transfer into 2d retrofuture space sim in the year 2020
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #585283

I barely use shotguns, ever

that said constantly nerfing things is.. never a good thing
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #585285

We're all just npcs here for the lucky antag rollers to steamroll
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #585300

i rarely if ever used shotguns but just removing slugs is silly, i rather a damage nerf than a removal.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #585305

i would be for a damage nerf if you could show me how you could take more than 2 shotgun slugs and survive with no professional medical treatment IRL
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #585308

remanseptim wrote:local EU nogunz vegan talks about real life guns and expects not to be laughed at
I didn't think someone could be more obsessed with me than terranaut but you did it nice work

I'll time share out your skull to my extended family
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #585313

the only person obsessed with sticky is sticky as is evident by him thinking that everytime someone else mentions him that that person is obsessed with him
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #585314

Bad form
[this space reserved]