NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Do you like tgstation?

Post by oranges » #587133

Flatulent wrote:
oranges wrote:and proud of it, gonna be the top forum poster by posts pretty soon
unless you eat a forum ban lmao
not a chance
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #587135

I used to a long time ago, I must've loved it a lot because I stuck around for a very long time with basically absolutely no reason to. The admins on tgstation though really did allow the great parts of the game to shine while I played, so that was basically the only reason that I stuck around as a player since besides that tg servers weren't much different back then.

Sticking around as a coder was mostly because this is the codebase with the most reach, add something to it and basically every other server is going to have that feature as well, assuming it's not le controversial removal / change. It was also nice to give back to a game that I feel gave so much to me as well, and a good learning experience. You will definitely learn some good stuff for the future coding here I believe.

I've known about the differing ideals for a while which I won't really go into here (ex : mining changes), but that was alright for me as long as I was enjoying the coding experience and people were enjoying the stuff I made. I've definitely drifted away though and I think I'm more invested in other projects / games now where I don't really have to fight to add the things that I like so that's pretty much that.

I think this was the most positive place to be as a player and coder and I wouldn't choose a different place if I could go back, though I've seperated myself for the time being since it began to feel like a time-sink that I wasn't getting much out of to be perfectly honest.
retired ss13 coderman
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #587139

oranges wrote: This is the kind of thing a zoomer says
Maybe I'm not entirely cynical in my perspective enough. Whens the Manuel code separation to disown it entirely and leave it as an effective downstream?
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #587160

NecromancerAnne wrote:Whens the Manuel code separation to disown it entirely and leave it as an effective downstream?
already exists
Last edited by Denton on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denton

Post by Denton » #587162

I really, really like /tg/, from the passionate admin staff and our robust, transparent appeal process over our maintainers and contributors that pour countless hours of work into the codebase, to our players that come up with new fun and wacky things that I never even thought of in my dreams.

I liked it a lot more when I was less burnt out and the gameplay was faster and had more blatantly broken features in it - for example cloning, brutal slips, OP heals, null crates, elances and so on.
I generally prefer more of a "broken thing vs. broken thing" approach to game balance compared to very polished esports tier balancing, but this is just my personaly opinion and not meant to shit on fellow contributors. All in all, I want people to have a good time playing on /tg/ just like myself.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #587163

elances still exist pal. go wild
Shaps-cloud wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Denton

Post by Denton » #587171

Jaredfogle wrote:elances still exist pal. go wild
yeah, but they're not the ones you throw at people from half way across the screen
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #587186

Not lately. Someone dropped a hard R and I mocked them, got bwoinked for it, smh. Sick of these racist apologists.
pfp by AspEv
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #587205

Kassori wrote:Not lately. Someone dropped a hard R and I mocked them, got bwoinked for it, smh. Sick of these racist apologists.
Shut up retard.
[πŸ…² 1] [πŸ†„ 1] [πŸ…Ό 1]

Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #587207

Kassori wrote:Not lately. Someone dropped a hard R and I mocked them, got bwoinked for it, smh. Sick of these racist apologists.
if someone is being racist to you ingame just kick the shit outta them
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #587209

LIGGER
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #587814

Denton wrote:I really, really like /tg/, from the passionate admin staff and our robust, transparent appeal process over our maintainers and contributors that pour countless hours of work into the codebase, to our players that come up with new fun and wacky things that I never even thought of in my dreams.

I liked it a lot more when I was less burnt out and the gameplay was faster and had more blatantly broken features in it - for example cloning, brutal slips, OP heals, null crates, elances and so on.
I generally prefer more of a "broken thing vs. broken thing" approach to game balance compared to very polished esports tier balancing, but this is just my personaly opinion and not meant to shit on fellow contributors. All in all, I want people to have a good time playing on /tg/ just like myself.
i absolutely agree with you and also stuns were actually very good
there is 0 risk to being alone with someone in maint now because there is absolutely no way for them to take you out in one clean go. literally, literally 0 paranoia that i'll ever be killed cleanly.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #587835

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Denton wrote:I really, really like /tg/, from the passionate admin staff and our robust, transparent appeal process over our maintainers and contributors that pour countless hours of work into the codebase, to our players that come up with new fun and wacky things that I never even thought of in my dreams.

there is 0 risk to being alone with someone in maint now because there is absolutely no way for them to take you out in one clean go. literally, literally 0 paranoia that i'll ever be killed cleanly.
Radioactive microlasers. No one uses them and they are OP as fuck. A silent sleep with no warning that only requires a single click and waiting enough time. So uncommon that I once sat next to a CentCom official/deathsquad looking guy for several minutes hitting them with it and they had no clue what was causing it. Another time I put the cap into a coma by using it endlessly until he was falling unconscious every few seconds
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #587854

Naloac wrote:
if someone is being racist to you ingame just kick the shit outta them
But what if I'm not ROBUST?
╔═══════════════════ ΰ³‹αƒ¦β˜ƒαƒ¦ΰ³‹ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
Β° ☾ β˜† ΒΈ. ΒΈ γ€€β˜…γ€€ :.γ€€ . β€’ β—‹ Β° β˜…γ€€ Β° β—‹ β€’ . γ€€.: γ€€β˜…γ€€ ΒΈ .ΒΈ β˜† ☾ Β°
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β• ΰ³‹αƒ¦β˜ƒαƒ¦ΰ³‹ ══════════════════╝
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #587893

NoxVS wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Radioactive microlasers. No one uses them and they are OP as fuck. A silent sleep with no warning that only requires a single click and waiting enough time. So uncommon that I once sat next to a CentCom official/deathsquad looking guy for several minutes hitting them with it and they had no clue what was causing it. Another time I put the cap into a coma by using it endlessly until he was falling unconscious every few seconds
>somebody med scans you in the maint hallway
>30 minutes later you take 25 damage
wow..... this truly fixes the complete lack of paranoia in the game without stuns....
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #587904

I don't like it because sexy and prosper are gone among others I can't think of at the moment

I like it because /tg/s lobby screen is me

*edit* i miss respii too