Rude, Lizer are ok
Ye
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Why do you hate lizards?

Post by RaveRadbury » #587372

Non-humans that wear wigs to try and blend in are the worst.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587376

furries
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #587379

They are explicitly not furry, that's the point.

They are scalie.
Swept
Byond Username: Swept

Post by Swept » #587382

I play a ligger and I hate liggers
DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #587383

RaveRadbury wrote:Non-humans that wear wigs to try and blend in are the worst.
They keep eating all the dead rats before I can, its a defense reflex to become a run of the mill 1800's oil tycoon. By being one and working in the world of melty power making animals I technically GET dead animals. Its fool proof! Until the melty animals give me ulcers I guess. Win-win.

For real though I just like seeing something eccentric out of lizards I guess, doesn't always happen, but thats okay.
Hugs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #587386

Cause fuck em thats why
[this space reserved]
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #587388

i will hunt them down and carve their skin to make armor out of
fuck lizards
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #587393

NecromancerAnne wrote:They are explicitly not furry, that's the point.

They are scalie.
Yeah I think this is what he meant
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #587412

the game has always been better when it has more "very odd situations being played straight" RP. on the other hand, there's "strictly character-focused RP" like bar RP and cross-round character relations, and people who dedicate themselves to a single character role with a static name and static behavior and static personality tend to bring about this second, less fun type. lizards have a high frequency of these types, and i'll actually go a step further and say that this kind of behavior is somewhat intrinsic to alternate species. if you look at the species pages on the wiki, they have "roleplay guides" that dictate how a character should speak and behave. being told that you must RP a specific way kind of railroads you into playing a very static character in a very static way which is lame and boring and sucks! if you greatly enjoy bar RP then you may disagree with me, but you also might like playing second life more than ss13
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NikoTheGuyDude
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Post by NikoTheGuyDude » #587413

PKPenguin321 wrote:the game has always been better when it has more "very odd situations being played straight" RP. on the other hand, there's "strictly character-focused RP" like bar RP and cross-round character relations, and people who dedicate themselves to a single character role with a static name and static behavior and static personality tend to bring about this second, less fun type. lizards have a high frequency of these types, and i'll actually go a step further and say that this kind of behavior is somewhat intrinsic to alternate species. if you look at the species pages on the wiki, they have "roleplay guides" that dictate how a character should speak and behave. being told that you must RP a specific way kind of railroads you into playing a very static character in a very static way which is lame and boring and sucks! if you greatly enjoy bar RP then you may disagree with me, but you also might like playing second life more than ss13
Keep in mind that everything you just said is subjective and you probably shouldn't be stating it as fact, at least not without evidence.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #587414

well of course, because like i said, my preference for situational RP over static character RP is in fact a preference. if you disagree with me and prefer talking with and as the same exact character that you've done so with for the past 100 rounds in the same manner that a Second Life player would, you are absolutely free to do so, but you are a loser and can suckle my weenie if so.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #587416

Lizards have no real difference in how you play other than a few fringe cases where it's nicer or worse to be a lizard. There's almost no consistent mechanic you'll run into where you think 'Wow I wish I was a human rather than a lizard' and vice versa. They're basically just a race for scalies and people who want to look different (or people who use their naming scheme).
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #587417

Lizards are fine actually. Probably the best nonhuman race.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587419

NikoTheGuyDude wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:the game has always been better when it has more "very odd situations being played straight" RP. on the other hand, there's "strictly character-focused RP" like bar RP and cross-round character relations, and people who dedicate themselves to a single character role with a static name and static behavior and static personality tend to bring about this second, less fun type. lizards have a high frequency of these types, and i'll actually go a step further and say that this kind of behavior is somewhat intrinsic to alternate species. if you look at the species pages on the wiki, they have "roleplay guides" that dictate how a character should speak and behave. being told that you must RP a specific way kind of railroads you into playing a very static character in a very static way which is lame and boring and sucks! if you greatly enjoy bar RP then you may disagree with me, but you also might like playing second life more than ss13
Keep in mind that everything you just said is subjective and you probably shouldn't be stating it as fact, at least not without evidence.
i have evidence he is right now go back to vr chat
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #587421

Yenwodyah wrote:Lizards are fine actually. Probably the best nonhuman race.
you misspelled plasmaman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587423

yeah this is all correct and objectively too

the absurdity of the game combined with the limited emotiveness of the characters and the comparatively complex thoughts expressed by the people playing them invariably leads to very funny things
NSFW:

Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #587459

non-humans were a mistake we cannot fix anymore

plasmamen and ethereals are cool but the rest are entirely detrimental to the game because they're just cosmetic options that create metagangs because of RP restrictions.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #587465

They keep messing with the air conditioner
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #587470

NikoTheGuyDude wrote:
manuel player
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587483

I play Manuel to improve cargo without being overrun by assistants or getting a shuttle call 40 minutes in not to roleplay in the bar ok. It's also good when people react to whatever strange things are happening in character because that's fun and satisfying and funny.
NSFW:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #587523

cacogen wrote:I play Manuel to improve cargo without being overrun by assistants or getting a shuttle call 40 minutes in not to roleplay in the bar ok. It's also good when people react to whatever strange things are happening in character because that's fun and satisfying and funny.
ship my fucking cubes box slut
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587555

I've yet to disposal one but you never know
NSFW: