Most robust person on tg right now?

General SS13 Chat
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Most robust person on tg right now?

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #588589

Bottom post of the previous page:

NecromancerAnne wrote:
Naloac wrote:people can be robust in different ways, just because one person is good at clicking it doesnt mean they are the best. A good social engineer will almost always win alot of things by convincing others to do what they need without themselves lifting a finger. Someone with alot of niche knowledge will probably use alot of that to escape bad situations. It all depends really.
Sometimes talking works. Sometimes the other guy will kill you regardless. Don't let it deter you. Even the most skilled and well-prepared players die or fail due to unforeseen or impossible circumstances. That's just how the game goes.

There is no point chasing a pipe dream of robustness to the expectations of others, just look to do what makes you happy and lets you enjoy the game. The fella who killed you is probably doing exactly that, but you don't have to imitate him. He might not be everyone you meet. Even if that person dictates in that moment the longevity of your play time.

That's maybe the biggest strength and weakness of the game. The possibilities are endless as a sim game goes, but the limitations of it being a social game is that people can act or behave in an extremely one-dimensional way.
be polite
confused rock wrote:me

also
wesoda25 wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Probably someone on terry, no one on bagil strikes me as overly robust nowadays.
Someone on Bagil once told me being robust was speedrunning every source of gamer gear, so this doesn't really surprise me
Robust has many definitions but being an efficient power gamer is none of them
based.
my opinion of what Robust means is that if there is a bad situation, and there is a way to get out of that situation, a Robust person will get out of that situation. A robust person doesn't need to prep, because as long as there is *some way* to do what they want to do, then they will do it.
be efficient
cacogen wrote:Latency and skill trump all that. You don't need to manipulate and lie if you can just kill everyone wordlessly. And you don't need niche knowledge of game mechanics if you can just kill everyone with the basic shit everyone uses.
and have a plan to kill everyone you meet
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #588600

the biggest advantage I've found over the years is that by not using hotkey mode I can talk and run and fight at the same time and I can't tell you the number of conflicts you can win as an antag by shouting lies while attacking someone to get bystanders on your side
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #588607

Stickymayhem wrote:the biggest advantage I've found over the years is that by not using hotkey mode I can talk and run and fight at the same time and I can't tell you the number of conflicts you can win as an antag by shouting lies while attacking someone to get bystanders on your side
hotkey mode is such a fat misnomer honestly, it implies that non-hotkey mode doesnt have hotkeys which is straight up false
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588613

Non hotkey mode hotkeys: break your thumb and index finger at the same time to use something in hand
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588614

Stickymayhem wrote:the biggest advantage I've found over the years is that by not using hotkey mode I can talk and run and fight at the same time and I can't tell you the number of conflicts you can win as an antag by shouting lies while attacking someone to get bystanders on your side
Ever heard of arrow keys
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #588615

Having played before hotkey mode, switching to it changed my life. The old ones are worse, other than what sticky mayhem said.
Last edited by cacogen on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588618

You can't use wasd while walking on non hotkey mode
Ah yes, my favorite antags: tretor, vizert, and cheng ling
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #588629

nobody
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #588631

Timonk wrote:
Ever heard of arrow keys
I use arrow keys in non hotkey mode specifically so the keyboard is free for typing at all times
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #588632

Just type faster!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588635

Stickymayhem wrote:
Timonk wrote:
Ever heard of arrow keys
I use arrow keys in non hotkey mode specifically so the keyboard is free for typing at all times
You can do that with hotkey mode too
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #588637

How many hands do you people have
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588638

2, that's also the reason why sticky is wrong
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #588642

My APM is sick.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #588643

All the robust and decent players left long ago.

So no one
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588694

Ardougne
Last edited by cacogen on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #588696

Only the robust will survive.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #588913

tinodrima7020 wrote:All the robust and decent players left long ago.

So no one
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588916

pretty boring better than thou take honestly

robustness is a sin
NSFW:

Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #588938

cacogen wrote:Latency and skill trump all that. You don't need to manipulate and lie if you can just kill everyone wordlessly. And you don't need niche knowledge of game mechanics if you can just kill everyone with the basic shit everyone uses.
barely anyone wins if you convince abunch of people to rush them together
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #588942

Naloac wrote:
Famous last words before the entire station is a pile of corpses in a single 3x3 bathroom stall.
YuiY1997
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Post by YuiY1997 » #588963

Hugbug. Hugbug is the most robust. Hugbug will fucking destroy anyone while rolling pacifist. Imagine what hugbug could do without the pacifist trait?
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #588967

NecromancerAnne wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Famous last words before the entire station is a pile of corpses in a single 3x3 bathroom stall.
maybe if your talking to 2 hour RP only people
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #588968

the people on terry aren't that good don't kid yourself
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #588984

Naloac wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:
Naloac wrote:
maybe if your talking to 2 hour RP only people
This was a very real Bagil round about two years ago. Everyone who walked in got added to the pile, including all of security, the HoS and the Captain.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #588989

None of you understand robustness, because you are noobs.

Robustness is understanding that combat on tg and byond is and always will be maximally retarded, the idea of being robust was a joke, a play on words.

True robustness as tg players understood it was when you are willing to sacrifice your player for the betterment of the shared story.

It has nothing to do with how good you are at staying alive, or killing other people
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588995

oranges wrote:Robustness is understanding that combat on tg and byond is and always will be maximally retarded
This is true
oranges wrote:the idea of being robust was a joke, a play on words.
The UI was "robust" and then that was applied to winning, that doesn't mean it wasn't prized then
oranges wrote:True robustness as tg players understood it was when you are willing to sacrifice your player for the betterment of the shared story.
He just made this up
NSFW:

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #589061

cacogen wrote:pretty boring better than thou take honestly

robustness is a sin
As someone who hasn't been on the server in five years I am entirely qualified to judge the current state of the server based on my mental image of its evolution.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #589068

cacogen wrote:
oranges wrote:True robustness as tg players understood it was when you are willing to sacrifice your player for the betterment of the shared story.
He just made this up
Why would you lie
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #589082

who is the least robust person on tg right now? this is a much more important question
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589108

The guy who just joined
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Post by Saege Tilth » #589477

From my own personal experience, Brick Mortar and the fabled R--k- M-r-- which doesn't exist and don't ask who I am talking about.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #589506

Fiz Bump wrote:Is Robustin still around? If not then Pax I guess.
there are hundreds of thousands of people more robust than me and millions more robust than robustin
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #589582

lexia black's ghost

i miss imsxz
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #589588

IcePacks hasn't taken power and doesn't play to end rounds. Pretty unrobust.
NSFW:

BadSS13Player
Byond Username: BadSS13Player

Post by BadSS13Player » #589612

whitaker swarner
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589615

Sorry sir your opinion is wrong

Many kisses,
Tim h. Onk
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Mailbox
Byond Username: Mailbox

Post by Mailbox » #589674

It's Edgar Pope without doubt.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589707

Nah bro I've outsmarted him before
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #589741

IcePacks wrote:
Fiz Bump wrote:Is Robustin still around? If not then Pax I guess.
there are hundreds of thousands of people more robust than me and millions more robust than robustin
You can't fool us

Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #589744

togopal is the most robust person (hes carrying a banhammer with 200 force and bans everyone he kills with it)
pugie

Post by pugie » #589857

Timonk wrote:im npc
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589894

How does it feel getting outsmarted by an npc in a post-nut clarity-like moment?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #589900

1v1 me thunderdome

edit: is this where you guys go to pretend bagil couldn't stomp your shit in?
dean ivanov, nick johnson, ron lemon, zachary chester, kraven lockharte, these are the names you see before you die. DIDN'T WE WIN THE TOOLBOX TOURNEY?

Salty people who refuse to admit we're better below this post
|
|
V
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #589902

as a bagil main these people all suck dont even look at their names
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
pugie

Post by pugie » #589903

I respect all those named
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #589904

Fighting fair is for chumps. Praise to the bomb makers, the virologists, the botanists spreading their seed across the station.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589918

Seed more like
Cu,.m
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #590031

Timonk wrote:Seed more like
Cu,.m
too afraid to fucking say it
Seed more like
CUM
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #590034

one time i observed a ss13 round and i hear a bunch of explosions going off and its a joint operation between brick carr & some random scientist using 1tank bombs that were the size of maxcaps to rip the station to pieces
i miss these days
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #590073

Hey I can do that alone it's not that hard
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: