Proactively Joining a Violent Situation

General SS13 Chat
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Proactively Joining a Violent Situation

Post by Saege Tilth » #589481

Playing the role of security, you're less likely to get killed by an antagonist than you are to kill yourself because of how terrible the crew is. There was a legitimate confirmed wizard going around the hallway shooting people with a fireball and using all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to just murderbone. It was announced on captains announcement and by the AI multiple times in a very short five minute time span. New players where stuck at arrivals because there was no more crowbars for them to pry themselves out and I wasn't going to go out of my way to help them because I'm trying to kill the wizard. Suddenly, it happens. I successfully harm batoned the wizard twice. Out of nowhere, a clown with a baseball bat hits me against a wall, takes my stun baton, stuns me, then helps the wizard up after handcuffing me. The wizard takes my captains sword and together, the clown and the wizard beat me to death and cut my head off. The clown wasn't an antagonist, but I never complained because this is actually fairly common place on almost every server that host this game.

Hardcore Roleplay Server which name I won't mention. Officer arresting some guy who went around bombing everything on the station. Suddenly vigilante assistant decides the security officer with a loyalty implant in their head is the antagonist even though it's impossible by the games very code. Using a stun prod to stun the officer and proceeds to outright murder the officer by beating them to death merely because there are more assistance than there are security officers.

I began resorting to abstract tactics on some servers such as dragging an n2o tank around so I could make people pass out while I try to catch the bad guy. This got me into some trouble as you could imagine because putting people to sleep, even if you clean it up later, is seen by the spawn of baby boomers as worse than murder. Solving problems is worse than murder. If you create a problem for someone who can't solve it, you're a hero. This is in fact what it boils down to. The greytide is most of the time just players who break and enter to steal things and go valid hunting. I prefer greytide any day over the average player who sees me trying to fix the massive hole in the side of the station as an engineer and assumes I'm placing bombs when I actually disarmed a bomb, then shoots me with a gun they got from cargo with credits they stole from dead people at the morgue.

If you have any stories or would like to rant with me, I invite you to do so.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Proactively Joining a Violent Situation

Post by Kendrickorium » #589483

let me tell you friend, about why I prefer the shotgun
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #589486

Saege Tilth wrote:The clown wasn't an antagonist, but I never complained because this is actually fairly common place on almost every server that host this game.
You shoulda bro that clown would have been shitcanned so hard
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #589488

where is the peanut ?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #589511

I've never seen Hellraiser but I assume it's overrated dated schlock
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #589512

this is why s*curity deserves what they get
oh no a clown hit me with a bat once, i will now gas the hallways
redshirts pls go
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #589514

Armhulen wrote:
Saege Tilth wrote:The clown wasn't an antagonist, but I never complained because this is actually fairly common place on almost every server that host this game.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #589515

Here's your guide to resolving these situations;

1. Ahelp
2. Get gud
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #589521

Armhulen wrote:
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #589522

40% of security officers commit clown abuse
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #589563

[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #589570

assistants are outright breaking the rules and helping loud antags murder security but I for some reason don't want to ahelp this

mods?? should we have a policy on this??
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #589571

chocolate_bickie wrote:Here's your guide to resolving these situations;

1. Ahelp
2. Get gud
banned for banbaiting
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #589572

Saege Tilth wrote:Playing the role of security, you're less likely to get killed by an antagonist than you are to kill yourself because of how terrible the crew is. There was a legitimate confirmed wizard going around the hallway shooting people with a fireball and using all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to just murderbone. It was announced on captains announcement and by the AI multiple times in a very short five minute time span. New players where stuck at arrivals because there was no more crowbars for them to pry themselves out and I wasn't going to go out of my way to help them because I'm trying to kill the wizard. Suddenly, it happens. I successfully harm batoned the wizard twice. Out of nowhere, a clown with a baseball bat hits me against a wall, takes my stun baton, stuns me, then helps the wizard up after handcuffing me. The wizard takes my captains sword and together, the clown and the wizard beat me to death and cut my head off. The clown wasn't an antagonist, but I never complained because this is actually fairly common place on almost every server that host this game.

Hardcore Roleplay Server which name I won't mention. Officer arresting some guy who went around bombing everything on the station. Suddenly vigilante assistant decides the security officer with a loyalty implant in their head is the antagonist even though it's impossible by the games very code. Using a stun prod to stun the officer and proceeds to outright murder the officer by beating them to death merely because there are more assistance than there are security officers.

I began resorting to abstract tactics on some servers such as dragging an n2o tank around so I could make people pass out while I try to catch the bad guy. This got me into some trouble as you could imagine because putting people to sleep, even if you clean it up later, is seen by the spawn of baby boomers as worse than murder. Solving problems is worse than murder. If you create a problem for someone who can't solve it, you're a hero. This is in fact what it boils down to. The greytide is most of the time just players who break and enter to steal things and go valid hunting. I prefer greytide any day over the average player who sees me trying to fix the massive hole in the side of the station as an engineer and assumes I'm placing bombs when I actually disarmed a bomb, then shoots me with a gun they got from cargo with credits they stole from dead people at the morgue.

If you have any stories or would like to rant with me, I invite you to do so.
should have used the shotgun instead, idiot, it's the superior law enforcement weapon.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #589574

cacogen wrote:I've never seen Hellraiser but I assume it's overrated dated schlock
Hellraiser 1 and 2 are good