YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
40%
ITS OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15%
I am neutral on Tramstation as a whole.
26%
FUCK TRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
9%
I ROUNDSTART SUICIDE WHEN I SEE TRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9%

Total votes: 65

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

do you like tram

Post by MMMiracles » #589771

DO YOU LIKE IT (TELL ME[TELL ME{TELL ME NOW}])
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: do you like tram

Post by cacogen » #589774

Well the dysfunction of the tram is exciting I've never tried playing a job on it though
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #589788

tram needs some work, particularly in the maints and powernet, but it has a really cool gimmick and layout. first ground-up multi Z map, it works really well. best map we've had in a while
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #589798

I fear what will happen when the novelty of the tram will wear off. The map itself feels unpolished in critical areas such as map flow and basic design. There’s a lot of unique and wonderful ideas it has, but I don’t they’ll excuse the other things in the long run.

Fact of the matter is that gimmick maps aren’t built to be in rotation. I certainly don’t think it’s of sufficient quality to upset any of the maps we currently have - but then thats just me. I might just be too pessimistic.
[this space reserved]
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #589805

What is tram
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #589817

wesoda25 wrote:I fear what will happen when the novelty of the tram will wear off. The map itself feels unpolished in critical areas such as map flow and basic design. There’s a lot of unique and wonderful ideas it has, but I don’t they’ll excuse the other things in the long run.

Fact of the matter is that gimmick maps aren’t built to be in rotation. I certainly don’t think it’s of sufficient quality to upset any of the maps we currently have - but then thats just me. I might just be too pessimistic.
you can't polish a gimmick map unless people play on it enough to give good foodback
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #590143

wesoda25 wrote: The map itself feels unpolished in critical areas such as map flow and basic design.
Do you know how stupid it makes you sound pretending there are anything like established standards in "flow" or basic design when mapping is carried out by about 3 people in sum total?

There's no fucking standards or rules or established body of practice and you pretending otherwise makes you look like a fucking clown and makes all your feedback irrelevant
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #590144

you dont need standards when you're a master of feng shui
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #590145

tram floor isnt real i couldnt wrench in grills and turn it into bbq train
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #590146

I love tramstation in that it doesn't try to be a safe or easy or friendly map, it just feels like it's constantly trying to kill you or purposefully be obtuse and i'm a yuge fan
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590148

Honestly I like it the most because it's different
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #590149

Armhulen wrote:I love tramstation in that it doesn't try to be a safe or easy or friendly map, it just feels like it's constantly trying to kill you or purposefully be obtuse and i'm a yuge fan
This is honestly the biggest selling point right here. Making the deathtrap actually FEEL like a deathtrap. Its so simple but so impactful. Me? I don't want state of the art perfection, I want dangerous neglected ambience.

Its not really about the tram gimmick mechanically, but what the gimmick adds by existing. Its unsafe, its like the tragedy of playing in traffic, where consequences of it are all just avoidable.

Added points for it not being something like a cheesy round ender since its a confined hazard.
Hugs
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590152

oranges wrote:
wesoda25 wrote: The map itself feels unpolished in critical areas such as map flow and basic design.
Do you know how stupid it makes you sound pretending there are anything like established standards in "flow" or basic design when mapping is carried out by about 3 people in sum total?

There's no fucking standards or rules or established body of practice and you pretending otherwise makes you look like a fucking clown and makes all your feedback irrelevant
There are implicit standards in the way map design has developed over the years that are used not only by people making new maps but by people making modifications to existing maps. They serve to teach people how to make maps that look better and play better. They're desirable until they become a cudgel players or maintainers use to prevent mappers making new design choices that are ultimately necessary or beneficial. I got a lot of shit for trying to add a plasma window between xenobiology and maintenance to replace two reinforced windows and a space tile that had separated them, and ultimately had to accommodate changing it back because having a pink window separating a dangerous department from maintenance was unacceptable in people's minds.

Map flow sounds like a buzzword term because of the amount of times people say it without explaining what they actually mean. That doesn't mean their criticism is inaccurate or irrelevant. Or that the term is meaningless. To me it refers to player traffic and how the map facilitates it through things like layout, accessways, etc.
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:tram floor isnt real i couldnt wrench in grills and turn it into bbq train
Yeah it seems like it overrides clicking it to bring up the radial menu which makes it harder to turn into a death arena because you can't make holes to push people down
Misdoubtful wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I love tramstation in that it doesn't try to be a safe or easy or friendly map, it just feels like it's constantly trying to kill you or purposefully be obtuse and i'm a yuge fan
This is honestly the biggest selling point right here. Making the deathtrap actually FEEL like a deathtrap. Its so simple but so impactful. Me? I don't want state of the art perfection, I want dangerous neglected ambience.

Its not really about the tram gimmick mechanically, but what the gimmick adds by existing. Its unsafe, its like the tragedy of playing in traffic, where consequences of it are all just avoidable.

Added points for it not being something like a cheesy round ender since its a confined hazard.
So what you're saying is that the numerous bugs are actually a feature and that fixing them would lower the appeal of the map
NSFW:

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590154

bugs are bad but the map design is good and doesn't rely on those bugs to be good

to expand on my thoughts every map tries and fails to compare to metastation (read: de_dust2) and it fails. tram confidently doesn't and thus is given a fairer shake than most new maps
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #590156

cacogen wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:

So what you're saying is that the numerous bugs are actually a feature and that fixing them would lower the appeal of the map
Not really giving it a pass on the bugs and mapping errors and maybe even some questionable design spots, that just needs to get ironed out one way or another, right? But they do need to get ironed out.

I'm just talking about what the tram represents and how big that difference is. Its flavor in what would otherwise be a boring 3 x whatever long hallway. Same as that old dead and buried(?) concept of windowed space bridges between sections of the station.
Hugs
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #590191

nobody ever vote for tram station i haven't got to play it once -__- they all want to play meta station 10 times in a row
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #590199

yes because tram
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590215

chesse20 wrote:they all want to play meta station 10 times in a row
>not delta, the better metastation
why
NSFW:

terbs
Byond Username: yolo4202beardromenmugen

Post by terbs » #590217

i like turtles
"You cannot create fun, only take it from other players." - 2beard
keepforgettingpw
Byond Username: OmegaShoots

Post by keepforgettingpw » #591693

Medbay cryo tubes aren't even hooked up to a cooler.
:shock:
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #591703

I actually quite like the linear layout and I'm impressed by the actual technological achievement of a moving vehicle, but I fear once the novelty wears off it'll just be kind of awkward to navigate, and I anticipate the tram itself being an endless source of bugs that will eventually kill the map
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #591704

CDranzer wrote:I actually quite like the linear layout and I'm impressed by the actual technological achievement of a moving vehicle, but I fear once the novelty wears off it'll just be kind of awkward to navigate, and I anticipate the tram itself being an endless source of bugs that will eventually kill the map
BURN BRIGHT
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #591713

MMMiracles wrote:DO YOU LIKE IT (TELL ME[TELL ME{TELL ME NOW}])
it made me play the game for the first time in months, tram good
i will say that maint felt a bit cramped in some places
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #591717

The layout of the station is so foreign in the best way. I've played maybe 3 shifts on it and observed roughly 6ish so while my experience is low it's been incredibly fun getting lost on a station again. Though getting lost isn't that bad here! The entire station revolving around the tram system gives an easy waystone to re-orient myself.

I love it!
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #591724

I wish the vault was not behind the armory for balance sake, otherwise the tram needs warning lights on the floor that flash when the train is inbound or crossing arms. Sound effects like a announcer that says "now stopping at medbay doors to my right" and rail sounds, also the rail should be electrified along with having a ai malf control that can speed up the tram to shake people around inside.
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Post by Saege Tilth » #591733

Round start suicide BY TRAM for the sake of the tram gods.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #591839

tram
Attachments
tram.jpg
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592128

WHY
IS
THERE
NO
CLOTHING
VENDOR
ON
THIS
SHIT
MAP
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #592148

Malkraz wrote:WHY
IS
THERE
NO
CLOTHING
VENDOR
ON
THIS
SHIT
MAP
Lower level, bottom left section, just south of the holodeck, it's in the laundry room.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592158

No it isn't, that's the first place I went when I played a couple hours ago and there were just lockers
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #592168

Good map. Will definitely be the source of a lot of silly anecdotes and stories to tell in the future. Design is a fresh breath of air and the tram will always be a point of interest, extremely dangerous in a silly way but also very useful to traverse the station (I personally don't think the novelty will wear off, unless the map is up 24/7 and you also play the game 24/7).

Just keep working on fixing the bugs and pay attention to general feedback, the foundation is already solid.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #592193

Malkraz wrote:No it isn't, that's the first place I went when I played a couple hours ago and there were just lockers

owned
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #592421

I didn't come across that laundromat in my experiences on this map but it's a nice touch
NSFW:

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592480

It unironically wasn't there when I went, dunno if it didn't spawn or someone dragged it or what.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #592486

Anecdotal of course, but having tons of fun playing sea shanty 2 on the tram and driving it to places for people before a guy self antags to crash the tram and bitch about getting the shuttle called now that the tram blew up.
Being a plasmeme, my clothes get blown to bits and I slowly burn to ash being round removed because of this guy.
Was fun while it lasted, at least.
[youtube]wl-HPIu5kcs[/youtube]
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592488

I warned you
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #592492

We don't let people warn others before bombing the central primary hallway, I don't see why we should treat griefing a centerpoint of a map any less than the garbage behavior it is.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592494

destroying the tram doesn't cause a breach or any atmo shenanigans, and the map stays completely "playable"
just step off it next time lol
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #592511

I'm going to delete you next time you play and tell you to just change community lol
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #592513

obsessed
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #592514

the actual important part of the medbay (treatment center) is so cramped just like old box and old pubby, really not happy about that

also the tram breaks like 80% of rounds i play in or watch and thats being generous
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
terrygeorgestation
Byond Username: Ryelow

Post by terrygeorgestation » #592699

i started not liking tram when they made it blow up when you try to use a field generator to block it
Ordered list: e.g.
  1. First point
or
  1. Point a
keepforgettingpw
Byond Username: OmegaShoots

Post by keepforgettingpw » #592709

keepforgettingpw wrote:Medbay cryo tubes aren't even hooked up to a cooler.
The map was reworked, and the cryo tubes are STILL not hooked up to a cooler.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #592724

im removing medbay in the next update so i won't have to map the cooler in properly this time
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #592733

?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
doom2hellonearth
Byond Username: DOOM2HellOnEarth

Post by doom2hellonearth » #593017

Tramstation Is a fun map. Gimmicky? Yes. Prone to glitches? yes. Causes griefing up the ass? Hell yes.
That's the fun of it. It's chaotic and insane. I just wish the tram was longer so It felt more like a subway train, although I dunno if that's possible. Still, It's cool to see antagonists hide under the tracks to kill the poor souls who get pushed to their deaths ala piranha pits.
The villain you love to hate
Timberpoes wrote:I want to get off MR SERPICOS WILD RIDE.
Armhulen wrote:This isn't how normal people act and I worry for you. I dunno how you're gonna shape up on the forums given even talking to you for more than a few messages just shows mentally ill levels of lacking awareness and not reading the room.
Qbmax32 wrote:you are a moron and i find it utterly hilarious you think you're any different
Swept
Byond Username: Swept

Post by Swept » #593042

shaking my head I can't believe the tramsgenders are at it again..
DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593136

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #593523

I think it's neat but I also hope people get bored of suiciding under the tram soon.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593590

Sorry if I didn't make it clear on the image but the table is inaccessible. Move things around please.