official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

General SS13 Chat
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: official headmin election 13 pre-election thread

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590288

Bottom post of the previous page:

Stickymayhem wrote:
Naloac wrote: If you cannot put 5 hours into a volunteer position in 3 months then you shouldnt be getting to vote on the direction of the entire server. saying *solve it with a filter* doesnt do shit since we dont use a filter to filter them even though we should.
i love democracies where you're only allowed to vote based on extremely specific criteria dictated by the current power structure

that sounds like a great take from our democratically elected player headmin proud representative of the people and heroic populist lepi meowterror
The admin vote is oligarchic/technocratic/somethingalongtheselinesbutnotdecmocracy decision-making anyways.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #590289

Stickymayhem wrote: i love democracies where you're only allowed to vote based on extremely specific criteria dictated by the current power structure

that sounds like a great take from our democratically elected player headmin proud representative of the people and heroic populist lepi meowterror

30 days 60 days and 90 days

scared of being filtered? :honkman:
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590290

Naloac wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: i love democracies where you're only allowed to vote based on extremely specific criteria dictated by the current power structure

30 days 60 days and 90 days

scared of being filtered? :honkman:
scared you'll mass pardon Terry ERPers on the last day of your headmin :oops:
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #590292

Stickymayhem wrote: scared you'll mass pardon Terry ERPers on the last day of your headmin :oops:
:oops:
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #590293

activity is required to not fail your trialship, mr trial admin stickymayhem ?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #590295

i'm sorry sticky, me and naloac are popping off with our phpbb forum battle on something but come the fuck on bruh. connection time is an extremely specific criteria? 5 hours in 3 months??? we already filter for 0 in 1 month so at this point you're finding ways to amaze me with how you're getting filtered
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Naloac wrote: If you cannot put 5 hours into a volunteer position in 3 months then you shouldnt be getting to vote on the direction of the entire server. saying *solve it with a filter* doesnt do shit since we dont use a filter to filter them even though we should.
i love democracies where you're only allowed to vote based on extremely specific criteria dictated by the current power structure

The admin vote is oligarchic/technocratic/somethingalongtheselinesbutnotdecmocracy decision-making anyways.
get testicular torsion my man, you should see how other servers laugh that we even do this process while they have GayLizardBoobie13, head of Shitstain 13 some erp fallout branch that has been supreme dick-tastor for the nillionth year
Naloac wrote:snip
i think this discussion is super important so i'll write some longer reply tomorrow but I just wanted to say MSO and oranges can apply filters to the vote. lock that vegan out oh my gosh
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590297

Armhulen wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

get testicular torsion my man, you should see how other servers laugh that we even do this process while they have GayLizardBoobie13, head of Shitstain 13 some erp fallout branch that has been supreme dick-tastor for the nillionth year
Didn't say there's anything wrong with that. Technocracy is generally less flawed than democracy.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #590299

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

Didn't say there's anything wrong with that. Technocracy is generally less flawed than democracy.
Which is why we have an all-American Republic!
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Post by Dankasaur » #590300

I will be running on the promise of deleting tg as a whole.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #590302

Dankasaur wrote:I will be running on the promise of deleting tg as a whole.
SOLD
[this space reserved]
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590304

Armhulen wrote:i'm sorry sticky, me and naloac are popping off with our phpbb forum battle on something but come the fuck on bruh. connection time is an extremely specific criteria? 5 hours in 3 months??? we already filter for 0 in 1 month so at this point you're finding ways to amaze me with how you're getting filtered
Bruh it was a voter id meme keep up
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #590305

Stickymayhem wrote:
Armhulen wrote:i'm sorry sticky, me and naloac are popping off with our phpbb forum battle on something but come the fuck on bruh. connection time is an extremely specific criteria? 5 hours in 3 months??? we already filter for 0 in 1 month so at this point you're finding ways to amaze me with how you're getting filtered
Admins having all the power whilst comparing themselves to an oppressed minority. Who's a conservative now?
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #590308

im going to vote for oranges, why vote for the lesser evil?
am gud enineering
scrungo
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590311

chocolate_bickie wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Admins having all the power whilst comparing themselves to an oppressed minority. Who's a conservative now?
holy fuck go off king
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #590314

Armhulen i like you and you're a good dude but you shouldn't wish testicular torsion on folks
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #590315

I currently do want to demote more people though.
lepi you did have a full term to do this and i've only seen this happen once, in the past week no?
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590316

My testicles are now on 2nd gear.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #590317

CoffeeDragon16 wrote:
lepi you did have a full term to do this and i've only seen this happen once, in the past week no?
hello coffee,

i have taken the paragraph you quoted and have included the two sentences that follow, which i think should help to answer your question / address your statement. the bolding is my own emphasis, to show the portion you quoted.
Naloac wrote: I currently do want to demote more people though. You saying "oh we're still talking about this". Is because I on my own cannot remove as much inactive people as much as id like to. The reason its not happened till RIGHT NOW is because atlantaneds admin part of the website to quickly see it was down and not fixed for a long time after asking so I had to get it myself. *because im literally running out of time to wait*
with much quoting,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590318

CoffeeDragon16 wrote:
gotta time it to get rid of the RIGHT admins ;)
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #590320

bobbahbrown wrote:
CoffeeDragon16 wrote:
hello coffee,
oh misunderstood what they meant thank you
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #590325

Not really trying to get too involved but. Wouldn't just engaging with admins that meet whatever criteria makes them inactive, encouraging them to be more active, see if something is eating up their time whatever else be more effective than a filtering or culling?

Some people just have stuff going on, some might just outright say, "yeah I don't really have the time for this right now". Others might just want to be included and hop on when they feel a reason to. I'd rather think in good faith that people would keep up or at least read peoples platforms too.

People help in different ways, there's a difference between dropping off the face of the Earth and just being busy. But where's the line drawn here? In game activity? Are they really the enemy for not meeting the before mentioned golden criteria? Is there an 'intervention'?

Something just feels strange here.
Hugs
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #590326

There should be a height requirement to be an admin i dont want to get bwoinked by anyone under 6 feet
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #590327

Super Aggro Crag wrote:There should be a height requirement to be an admin i dont want to get bwoinked by anyone under 6 feet
Oh. Well, bye bye.
Hugs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #590328

I’ll be happy to bwoink you crag
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #590329

wesoda25 wrote:I’ll be happy to bwoink you crag
How tall r u
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #590330

another year

another election where only non-gamemasters and non-headmins get super invested in the elections.

Curious!
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590331

Misdoubtful wrote: Something just feels strange here.
It's "Drain the Swamp" rhetoric for populist headmin candidates.The only real expression of power players have in this community is through the player vote, and we've seen repeatedly both within this community and in the wider world that the populace are eager to stick it to people in power at any opportunity and at any cost to themselves.

So you jump on board with the rhetoric and use a scapegoat issue (in the real world, something like immigration) like "inactive admins". You take a couple of exciting stories of (immigrant crime) inactive admins coming back and doing something bad, which has happened like twice in the last two years, and spin that into a systemic issue that doesn't exist and never really existed. Now you have an easy to accomplish task that's extremely popular with the players and has virtually no impact on the server, because by the very nature of those admins being inactive they literally do not affect the server in any negative way. But there's a resentment towards them that can be easily utilised for populist rhetoric that is often featured in meme campaigns like bindy or goof's.

There is no objective harm to the issue, if anything it just reduces the number of admins, increases bureaucratic load (because the apparent ideal solution is that every time you want to take a few months off you leave and then come back over and over. For someone like me who's been here nearly a decade that's like 10 deadminning and readminnings) and pushes admins who want to keep their position to lazily hit an hour mark that keeps them in the clear. But hey it's a single cause issue that sounds great on paper and gives you something to ACCOMPLISH in your term instead of the boring grunt work and occasional decision-making that's really required.

That is the good faith interpretation. The uncharitable interpretation is that it's a convenient way to get rid of admins you don't like as you bring in new admins who are sympathetic to you and your idea, changing the flavour of the administration to your liking.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #590332

Misdoubtful wrote:Not really trying to get too involved but. Wouldn't just engaging with admins that meet whatever criteria makes them inactive, encouraging them to be more active, see if something is eating up their time whatever else be more effective than a filtering or culling?

Some people just have stuff going on, some might just outright say, "yeah I don't really have the time for this right now". Others might just want to be included and hop on when they feel a reason to. I'd rather think in good faith that people would keep up or at least read peoples platforms too.

People help in different ways, there's a difference between dropping off the face of the Earth and just being busy. But where's the line drawn here? In game activity? Are they really the enemy for not meeting the before mentioned golden criteria? Is there an 'intervention'?

Something just feels strange here.
Hey! You brought up some really good questions.

Everybody who has been filtered out and approached about their inactivity has been given the option to try and boost their activity or be welcomed back when they have the time to invest into the game again. Some people as well have been encouraged to spend more time online during the current term that I hope was on a more casual tone.

You're right about people helping in different ways! It's something we have heavily considered into thinking of somebody as "inactive". To provide a great example AtlantaNed has worked diligently to provide us with Statbus, Banbus, and now Infobus! They definitely fall into the category of helping out that doesn't require in game activity. We also have many game admins that double as forum moderators and discord moderators.

Our community is small enough that we have ample time to slide into a game admins dms whenever possible. Those who have devoted their time and energy to this game deserve at least that if not more. Any less would be an insult to their contributions.

I hope I've been able to address your questions and if not please don't hesitate to ask any follow ups!
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #590333

Misdoubtful wrote:words
I purposely excluded people from that list who do other things. discord jannies, statbus jannie, yearly event jannie, forum jannies and the such. you can help in other ways even if you have minimal time to sit around ingame. Your also assuming we dont ask them whats up which we do.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #590334

Dude, I love big government. Can I be accountant jannie?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #590335

BONERMASTER wrote:Dude, I love big government. Can I be accountant jannie?
sorry that job is taken
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #590336

this will be a disaster
a completely incorrigible mess
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #590337

saprasam wrote:this will be a disaster
Right! It's so exciting to watch. Like a train wreck in slow motion!
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #590338

Domitius wrote:
saprasam wrote:this will be a disaster
Right! It's so exciting to watch. Like a train wreck in slow motion!
it’s horrible but you can’t look away despite how bad it is
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590339

Can I be a toilet combat log observation jannie?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590341

BONERMASTER wrote:Dude, I love big government. Can I be accountant jannie?
You're the accountant to my Davey Jones heart locker on this forum
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #590342

naloac desperately trying to keep relevancy by piggy-backing off of some other admin's important announcement by shitposting every time :oops: :oops: :oops: oh no gotta fabricate an issue so that i have a talking point so maybe people can forget that i did nothing but abstain from the ban appeals of my ERP friends :oops: :oops: :oops:
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #590343

If that's ur only issue with Naloac after 6 months he was probably doing alright
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590345

terranaut wrote:If that's ur only issue with Naloac after 6 months he was probably doing alright
This term was pretty good loved the headmins.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #590346

When the most exciting things to happen during your terms were abstaining from a vote that you knew was going to clear anyways and fighting tooth and nail to defend someone with clear brain damage only for them to immediately develop worse brain damage and get banned again, you officially win the "eh there's been a lot worse" award.
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #590349

naloac gave me an antag token for counting to 100 in ooc so they're cool
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #590351

Jaredfogle wrote:
Swept wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote:may someone run on a campaign for forum banning swept? i dont care about his post that much, i just think itd be kinda funny
Can I run on banning myself from the forum?
I mean you can run on whatever the hell you want as long as mso doesn't veto you
no

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #590353

Naloac wrote: I currently do want to demote more people though. You saying "oh we're still talking about this". Is because I on my own cannot remove as much inactive people as much as id like to. The reason its not happened till RIGHT NOW is because atlantaneds admin part of the website to quickly see it was down and not fixed for a long time after asking so I had to get it myself. *because im literally running out of time to wait*

If you cannot put 5 hours into a volunteer position in 3 months then you shouldnt be getting to vote on the direction of the entire server. saying *solve it with a filter* doesnt do shit since we dont use a filter to filter them even though we should.

jumping around something that wasnt as much of an issue this term doesnt mean you shouldnt fix the issue. Having people stick around cos they wanna read the hot drama or talk to their friends is a real thing and just pretending that its not is stupid.
this annoys me because you blew off concerns about ban appeals going unanswered within a couple of days and yet here you are claiming there should be a minimum standard of activity
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590354

which there already is rage emoji smashing table and crying, wailing into microphone
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #590355

Naloac wrote:
I purposely excluded people from that list who do other things. discord jannies, statbus jannie, yearly event jannie, forum jannies and the such. you can help in other ways even if you have minimal time to sit around ingame. Your also assuming we dont ask them whats up which we do.
Well of course. I'm not making any assumptions here, just laying out how things look to promote some transparency so it doesn't look like it's just a spreadsheet game to any outsider looking in (thanks domi'). You know, from things like posting activity from a spreadsheet.

And to provoke some dialogue of course by asking the question, what are the limits for inactivity. For any 'swamp drainers'.
Hugs
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #590359

Misdoubtful wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Well of course. I'm not making any assumptions here, just laying out how things look to promote some transparency so it doesn't look like it's just a spreadsheet game to any outsider looking in (thanks domi'). You know, from things like posting activity from a spreadsheet.

And to provoke some dialogue of course by asking the question, what are the limits for inactivity. For any 'swamp drainers'.
The limits of inactivity are entirely subjective to whoever the current Headmins are. So without setting any precedent we chose to talk to admins that have 5 or less hours logged within at least the last 3 months as well as not contributing in other roles. Reducing the admin list for the sake of reducing it is not the goal here, simply to help those along with their decision.

At least that's how we chose to go about it for reference for those who want to talk about draining the swamp.

I want to mention that admins that do become inactive and are removed for it have broken absolutely no policy nor have they broken conduct. With that in mind should they wish to return and that they are active they will be welcomed back quite easily.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #590360

Domitius wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
Naloac wrote:

The limits of inactivity are entirely subjective to whoever the current Headmins are. So without setting any precedent we chose to talk to admins that have 5 or less hours logged within at least the last 3 months as well as not contributing in other roles. Reducing the admin list for the sake of reducing it is not the goal here, simply to help those along with their decision.

At least that's how we chose to go about it for reference for those who want to talk about draining the swamp.

I want to mention that admins that do become inactive and are removed for it have broken absolutely no policy nor have they broken conduct. With that in mind should they wish to return and that they are active they will be welcomed back quite easily.
Thanks again! Hopefully this will help people that do choose to run with their platforms.
Hugs
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #590362

Misdoubtful wrote: snip
Do you have your platform ready?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590363

Please run
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #590367

RUN
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #590368

Election 13's primary debate is shaping up to be whether or not to deadmin Sticky. This reveals Sticky's immense power over the headmins.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness