official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by BONERMASTER » #593116

Bottom post of the previous page:

Opening the ism-can of worms is the best can of worms. This guy/girl? has talked about nothing else but this shitty point for 2 entire thread pages, and more is guaranteed to be on the way.

Personally, and that's just my opinion, the user interface, the complexity of the game, the steep learning curve to do well while still getting shitcanned over a single mistake and the coked-out powergamers that mow you down in seconds that also taunt you in your death, MAY be the more deciding factors why people just don't want to fucking play the game. Getting called nigger while all this is going on is merely the icing on the cake, but that's just my opinion man.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Head Admin
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury
Location: BK ChatZone
Contact:

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by RaveRadbury » #593119

cacogen wrote:literally me

checking that thread i don't think he responded to my question about when with him as a headmin it would be appropriate to use slurs
Hey cacogen, I tried pinging you on the discord to say that it was going to be a moment before I could get back to you. A lot of people have questions and I'm trying my best to be fair and answer them in the order that they came in.

I really appreciate the questions that you're asking and I will absolutely be answering your latest ones soon. I can ping you on the discord or even DM you to let you know when I do, if that's what you'd like.

Sorry again for the delay.
Rohen_Tahir wrote:Politician refuses to answer question because doing so would hurt him, more news at 11.
Your is next, Rohen. I should have a response up some time today. Thanks for engaging my thread.
User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593156

Rave relax man its chill. Its just some lazy spaceman game. It's not anything worth stressing over.

I'm expecting Naloac to get unseated - I'd be amazed if a player vote stayed consistent.

Admin vote might keep coconut might jump ship. Math suggests Rave has much more "energy" interested in his campaign.

I'm expecting goof/sihk/sticky to lose due to voter confidence problems.

Morto and Florran the "no changes" will fail to drum up any excitement.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Man_Shroom
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Man_Shroom » #593162

How do I officially get in the running
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by oranges » #593164

BONERMASTER wrote:Opening the ism-can of worms is the best can of worms. This guy/girl? has talked about nothing else but this shitty point for 2 entire thread pages, and more is guaranteed to be on the way.

Personally, and that's just my opinion, the user interface, the complexity of the game, the steep learning curve to do well while still getting shitcanned over a single mistake and the coked-out powergamers that mow you down in seconds that also taunt you in your death, MAY be the more deciding factors why people just don't want to fucking play the game. Getting called nigger while all this is going on is merely the icing on the cake, but that's just my opinion man.
it's you retards who are jumping down his throat, honestly it would have passed un noticed otherwise
Man_Shroom
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Man_Shroom » #593166

oh god he's awake
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by oranges » #593181

fuck you man
Man_Shroom
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Man_Shroom » #593185

typical toxic 2014 player
User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593190

lmao I'm surprised it took him that long to I'm assuming ban your ass from the election forum.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Man_Shroom
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Man_Shroom » #593196

Let My People Go, Pharaoh!

Let The Player Peasants Go Free From This INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS Tower Tyranny
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by BONERMASTER » #593197

oranges wrote:it's you retards who are jumping down his throat, honestly it would have passed un noticed otherwise
I can't believe that ableist slurs are still being used in 2021, and I would prefer it if you/(preferred pronoun) stop before I start crying and shaking.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
User avatar
Boris
In-Game Admin
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 pm
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes
Location: Soon to be Atlantis

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Boris » #593198

Calling it now, Rave wins the player vote, and Coconut the admin vote.
The nerd that plays Tam and Amanda Lin

Call me a bad admin here.
User avatar
Horza
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Byond Username: HorzBor

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Horza » #593267

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Math suggests Rave has much more "energy" interested in his campaign.
You know the phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?
That's true but maybe not in the way you think it is.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593268

Horza wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Math suggests Rave has much more "energy" interested in his campaign.
You know the phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?
That's true but maybe not in the way you think it is.
Worked for Trump *shrug*
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by oranges » #593272

BONERMASTER wrote:
oranges wrote:it's you retards who are jumping down his throat, honestly it would have passed un noticed otherwise
I can't believe that ableist slurs are still being used in 2021, and I would prefer it if you/(preferred pronoun) stop before I start crying and shaking.
good
User avatar
Horza
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Byond Username: HorzBor

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Horza » #593280

Stickymayhem wrote:Also just for me can you answer this question in the non political speak it gives me the heebie jeebies i get it and it doesn't make you bad it just spooks me thank you Rave.
Yes thank you Sticky, for once I agree with you and your opinion.
Every time I see a Rave post it makes my skin crawl because it's 110% politician speech and I subconsciously wonder just how high my income tax will be next year.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593332

I'm expecting RiskySikh to get a supermajority that allows him to oust the other headmins and occupy all three slots himself.

I wrote that at the end of page 8 thinking it was the last page but nothing meaningful happened this page so it's fine.
Horza wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Also just for me can you answer this question in the non political speak it gives me the heebie jeebies i get it and it doesn't make you bad it just spooks me thank you Rave.
Yes thank you Sticky, for once I agree with you and your opinion.
Every time I see a Rave post it makes my skin crawl because it's 110% politician speech and I subconsciously wonder just how high my income tax will be next year.
That's his normal writing (and speaking) voice.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:58 am
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by TheFinalPotato » #593334

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Horza wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Math suggests Rave has much more "energy" interested in his campaign.
You know the phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?
That's true but maybe not in the way you think it is.
Worked for Trump *shrug*
Strong sargon energy
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Image
Image
User avatar
Timonk
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Byond Username: Timonk
Location: ur mum

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Timonk » #593355

Mad Beepsky wrote:FUCK YOUR CUNT YOU SHIT EATING COCKSTORM AND EAT A DONG FUCKING ASS RAMMING SHIT FUCK EAT PENISES IN YOUR FUCK FACE AND SHIT OUT ABORTIONS OF FUCK AND POO AND SHIT IN YOUR ASS YOU COCK FUCK SHIT MONKEY FUCK ASS WANKER FROM THE DEPTHS OF SHIT.
Alright, let's dissect this bigotry and blatant display of toxicity by Beepsky.
FUCK YOUR CUNT
Rape
YOU SHIT EATING COCKSTORM
Kinkshaming and species blaming
AND EAT A DONG FUCKING ASS RAMMING SHIT FUCK EAT PENISES IN YOUR FUCK FACE
Homophobe
AND SHIT OUT ABORTIONS
Anti ass abortion
AND POO
Potty language is not allowed on tg. It severely disturbs me that this is even in the game. Who would ever code anything to say that?!
POO AND SHIT IN YOUR ASS YOU COCK FUCK SHIT MONKEY
Kinkshaming and species blaming
FUCK ASS WANKER
Australians.
FROM THE DEPTHS OF SHIT.
Homecist.

As you see, Beepsky should have been canceled a long time ago.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.


The hut has perished at my hands.
Image




The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593356

This anti-toxicity/normie appeal thing Rave somehow recognised the value in has an insidious hold over people. It's not going to attract normal people, it's going to attract furries and other freaks. We're already in a good place where abusing people isn't allowed but you're still allowed to say what you think and use the words you see fit.
Stickymayhem, in RaveRadbury's candidate thread wrote:I don't know if you play much Terry, but frankly there's a proud culture of toxicity there, embedded in how a significant proportion of the community play the game there. I'm talking extremely toxic IC behaviour and conduct which isn't against the rules but makes the server unappealling to normies.
Attempting to purge the server of some vague idea of toxicity isn't going to be good for /tg/station as a whole.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
iwishforducks
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by iwishforducks » #593358

cacogen wrote:This anti-toxicity/normie appeal thing Rave somehow recognised the value in has an insidious hold over people. It's not going to attract normal people, it's going to attract furries and other freaks. We're already in a good place where abusing people isn't allowed but you're still allowed to say what you think and use the words you see fit.
Stickymayhem, in RaveRadbury's candidate thread wrote:I don't know if you play much Terry, but frankly there's a proud culture of toxicity there, embedded in how a significant proportion of the community play the game there. I'm talking extremely toxic IC behaviour and conduct which isn't against the rules but makes the server unappealling to normies.
Attempting to purge the server of some vague idea of toxicity isn't going to be good for /tg/station as a whole.
at first i was iffy about rave, but now i'm all in for rave. they're getting my #1 vote for sure.
im gay (and also bugger)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593359

CoffeeDragon16, in RaveRadbury's candidate thread wrote:I think Rave's platform on making SS13 less of a... well, cringe thing speaks to me.
It's ironic because the people Rave wants to pave the way for to take over are the cringe.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
Timonk
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Byond Username: Timonk
Location: ur mum

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Timonk » #593360

I agree with cacogen, I disagree with rule 11 being made a secret word filter but I agree with rave being a good choice
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.


The hut has perished at my hands.
Image




The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593362

I guess my overall point is that although I am not an ESL, rough Australian or red state teenager they are essential antibodies against this place being taken over by bizarre creatures.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by oranges » #593363

take the mask off cacogen, I bet you voted billy te kahia
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by BONERMASTER » #593365

cacogen wrote:I guess my overall point is that although I am not an ESL, rough Australian or red state teenager they are essential antibodies against this place being taken over by bizarre creatures.
The only thing they fear is you.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593367

I don't watch TV or keep up with the news that well so I had to Google who that was. I haven't voted in like 8 years but I would've voted Green. Anyway, your suspicions about my political tendencies just because I don't perfectly toe the line on dogmatic liberal identity politics are unfounded. I'm not a bigot, if that's what you're getting at. Thankfully being a furry isn't an identity, it's a self-defeating subculture you can opt out of at any time. I don't hate furries either, I just don't want to deal with that shit or see this place overrun with those sorts of people. Hopefully my fears are unjustified. If it just made people nicer and more tolerant, that would be a good thing.

The people who I described, who I imagine are some of the types of people who play on Terry, are already kept in line by the existing rules. To remove them entirely would result in the server becoming very gay.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by oranges » #593369

unfounded he said

being able to say the n word stopping furries taking over tgstation might be the most thermonuclear take I have ever seen
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593371

That's a strawman but I'm glad you think so
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
vkalls
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:16 pm
Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by vkalls » #593373

Why do people want to say slurs so bad lol, if not allowing you to say slurs makes you not want to play the game, rethink your priorities then fuck off maybe.
Image
cacogen
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by cacogen » #593374

Im gonna say it
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
User avatar
Timonk
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Byond Username: Timonk
Location: ur mum

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Timonk » #593377

Cacogen run for headmin
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.


The hut has perished at my hands.
Image




The pink arrow is always right.
User avatar
iwishforducks
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by iwishforducks » #593381

man if what cacogen was saying had any amount of truth to it i would be jumping up and down with joy.

also saying the equivalent of "im ignorant and live under a rock" does not make you sound as smart as you think it does
im gay (and also bugger)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Malkraz
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Malkraz » #593384

vkalls wrote:Why do people want to say slurs so bad lol, if not allowing you to say slurs makes you not want to play the game, rethink your priorities then fuck off maybe.
I just don't agree with imposing more restrictions on an established community's language man if they're gonna do it then whatever but I'd prefer alternatives like player-sided chat filters.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
User avatar
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:58 am
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by TheFinalPotato » #593385

Such a thing already exists, in fact it's config
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Image
Image
User avatar
Malkraz
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Malkraz » #593386

That's server-sided innit
I mean filters that players themselves can apply
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Armhulen » #593387

Malkraz wrote:That's server-sided innit
I mean filters that players themselves can apply
I'd like to hear how this would work IC.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm
Byond Username: Tegun

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Tegun » #593388

Armhulen wrote:I'd like to hear how this would work IC.
All Nanotrasen employees come installed with a SeffSpess™ brain implant, which inhibits processing of auditory or visual stimuli with negative associations. So they hear the word but can't understand it. They see a cat wit no undies moving, but just can't comprehend what it is. Due to relying on the negative associations and relevant brain areas flaring up the actual things being scrambled vary from person to person. In a perfect world all employees would be unable to recognize a death squad until it's too late. Or an esword for that matter.

To stay on topic, I have no strong feelings one way or the other, vast majority of candidates seem the kind of people who are willing to and can put in the effort needed to do headmin stuff.
User avatar
Malkraz
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Malkraz » #593390

Armhulen wrote:
Malkraz wrote:That's server-sided innit
I mean filters that players themselves can apply
I'd like to hear how this would work IC.
I realized the chat over your head might be an issue, but wouldn't doing it in the chatbox be fairly similar to highlighting? Just identify words and it turns them into ****
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by BONERMASTER » #593391

Malkraz wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Malkraz wrote:That's server-sided innit
I mean filters that players themselves can apply
I'd like to hear how this would work IC.
I realized the chat over your head might be an issue, but wouldn't doing it in the chatbox be fairly similar to highlighting? Just identify words and it turns them into ****
Code it
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
User avatar
Malkraz
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Malkraz » #593392

yes
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
User avatar
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:17 pm
Byond Username: Wineallwine
Location: LANDAN

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by WineAllWine » #593396

I cant believe some joyless shitpail wants to get rid of the beepsky swear voice. it's not offensive to anyone its just a stream of swear words.
User avatar
Malkraz
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Malkraz » #593397

WineAllWine wrote:it's not offensive to anyone
lol
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
User avatar
Sus
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am
Byond Username: Put me in slot 1 if not a bot

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Sus » #593398

iwishforducks wrote:man if what cacogen was saying had any amount of truth to it i would be jumping up and down with joy.

also saying the equivalent of "im ignorant and live under a rock" does not make you sound as smart as you think it does
So you can't stop being a furry but you want to? I'd recommend getting help from a mental health professional.
User avatar
Rohesie
Code Maintainer
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie
Reddit Username: Rohesie

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Rohesie » #593415

cacogen wrote:
CoffeeDragon16, in RaveRadbury's candidate thread wrote:I think Rave's platform on making SS13 less of a... well, cringe thing speaks to me.
It's ironic because the people Rave wants to pave the way for to take over are the cringe.
We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
Take a peek at the politics channel.
Your slippery slope would be funny, were it not for the sad state of current affairs.
As a community we are very welcoming to very unwelcoming types.
You talk about the risk of welcoming the cringe of certain social outcast groups, but we already harbor even worse ones.
User avatar
Omni
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Byond Username: Omni44

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Omni » #593418

I really hope Rave and Sticky win playervote and adminvote, and turn up inclusiveness, friendliness, happiness, manuelness and all other -esses to maximum. As a matter of fact I hope TGstation becomes fiery blazing sun of goodness, instantly glassing all toxicity within lightyear range. Gravity of these two's sheer charisma will attract such tides of friends that these mere thousands of people that came here with Ssethtide will seem like grain of sand in the desert.
Not like I got anything to lose, so I do actually count on that.
Image
Tlaltecuhtli
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #593427

>We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
>Take a peek at the politics channel.

do these people even play the game? i havent seen anyone talking about restoring the german nationalist party in ooc
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by BONERMASTER » #593430

Rohesie wrote: We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
And that's a good thing!
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
User avatar
Sus
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am
Byond Username: Put me in slot 1 if not a bot

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Sus » #593431

BONERMASTER wrote:
Rohesie wrote: We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
And that's a good thing!
ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ
User avatar
Rohesie
Code Maintainer
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rohesie
Reddit Username: Rohesie

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Rohesie » #593451

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:>We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
>Take a peek at the politics channel.

do these people even play the game? i havent seen anyone talking about restoring the german nationalist party in ooc
They mostly just spew bigotry in discord and in-game (rule 11 has helped removing some of the most obvious ones, but not everyone of them), and tend to be the ones that defend keeping the slurs the most.
One could argue the slurs are not bigotry, they're just some set of neutral terms that don't carry any of the initial connotation, but then you look at who are the frequent users and have a chat with them on their worldview thoughts and you see the theory falls apart quickly.
The same argument on freedom of expression used to defend bigotry could be used to defend erotic content. And in both cases it falls flat for the same reason.
User avatar
Sus
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am
Byond Username: Put me in slot 1 if not a bot

Re: official headmin election 13 thread (NO LONGER PRE-ELECTION EDITION)

Post by Sus » #593453

Rohesie wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:>We have actual unironic nazis, people who seriously identify as such, in our community.
>Take a peek at the politics channel.

do these people even play the game? i havent seen anyone talking about restoring the german nationalist party in ooc
They mostly just spew bigotry in discord and in-game (rule 11 has helped removing some of the most obvious ones, but not everyone of them), and tend to be the ones that defend keeping the slurs the most.
One could argue the slurs are not bigotry, they're just some set of neutral terms that don't carry any of the initial connotation, but then you look at who are the frequent users and have a chat with them on their worldview thoughts and you see the theory falls apart quickly.
The same argument on freedom of expression used to defend bigotry could be used to defend erotic content. And in both cases it falls flat for the same reason.
vore time
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbahbrown