nanites

General SS13 Chat
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

nanites

Post by Agux909 » #595684

How do they work I can't get them to work please teach me how they work.

(wiki didn't help)
(I can never find a scientist willing to explain how it works)

Sniffs-The-Glue
Byond Username: Cuttlefish

Re: nanites

Post by Sniffs-The-Glue » #595692

Start with making a basic kit of healing nanites. Grab a disk and add pretty much anything that's the basic healing from:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Nanites#Healing_Programs
*several of these are locked behind techs, so get researching too

Don't bother with the toxin build up ones till you are comfortable adding the basic stuff. You just want something that heals crew members 'for free' for now.

Once you get the hang of adding nanite programs, try adding in a dermal button program that copies your ID's access to your nanites so you don't have to wear it. (Subdermal ID + Dermal Button). When making this you'll need to use the nanite programmer to edit the program to change the trigger code (button and ID programs matching in this cade). You can ignore the nanite programmer for 90% of nanites

You'll know you got it right when you can open the door you needed your ID for. After that, try experimenting and making a set of buttons that turns on a toxins purge then off.

Also make sure you build a public nanite chamber, since it implants automatically to the default cloud #1 (so don't change that number unless you're doing something weird).
I'll be black
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #595707

So I can't experiment with the default nanite chamber? Is it required to always build the public one?

keepforgettingpw
Byond Username: OmegaShoots

Post by keepforgettingpw » #595719

Agux909 wrote:So I can't experiment with the default nanite chamber?
You can, it just requires a second person to use the computer while you're in the chamber. The regular nanite chamber gives you basically a private nanite set that can't be modified without using the chamber again to update your nanites. Meanwhile the public chamber is able to be sabotaged by someone accessing the console.

Usually if you're a traitor and want to get someone to help you for a few minutes give you a nanite set to help you do your traitoring stuff you usually want them to give you private nanites so you can give everyone else on the station the bad nanites and not have to worry about contaminating yourself and accidentally exploding yourself with your voice activated bomb prank.

You could also just place a well hidden cloud ID console somewhere in maint but someone could always stumble upon it somehow and tinker with it, but this also lets you change your nanites by yourself to fit the situation.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #595737

That information about the chamber is outdated, the non-public nanite chamber still implants cloud-synced nanites, which is necessary to get the programs. It can also edit the cloud ID of the nanites afterwards, potentially setting it to 0 and disabling cloud sync, but that's unwise since unsynced nanites "decay" over time and receive software errors. The other thing it has over public chambers is that it can delete nanites at a click of a button if needed.

Public Nanite Chambers can use other clouds, by editing the circuitboard's cloud id with a multitool before building it. (If that doesn't work, it's a bug)

I'm the coder that made nanites, if you have any questions i'd be happy to help here or on discord.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #595749

Thanks for all the info. My mistake was more stupid than it seemed. I was simply not changing the default chamber's cloud to the number of backup I was using (1 in this case), and in some cases I was also mistaking the trigger code for the activation code.
Since at the time of testing noone pointed at these simple errors I assumed there was something more complicated to it.

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596035

Been doing basic nanite stuff these past days and gotten better at it.

Now some questions. Can active & synced nanites decay in your bloodstream and kill you by toxin damage?

Can there be a round in which some nanites are always bugged or corrupt? Even if you re-upload them to the cloud (been doing the sub-dermal ID + button and it worked every time, but yesterday it didn't work no matter how many times I re-uploaded. After pressing the button it simply didn't grant any access)

Is there a limit or a drawback on having a lot of programs in one cloud? Also, how can I increase the amount of nanites injected into a person? Yesterday the count would always be low no matter how many times I entered my public chamber (around 50/500)

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #596036

Nanites never caused me or my test subjects any issues, so pump yourself up as much as you please, you'll be fine.

If you mess too much with dermal buttons, they start bugging out, and that is certainly not a feature. Only put a small number of these in your cloud, and avoid touching them in any way afterwards. Sub dermal ID specifically is a finnicky piece of shit, it only works when it wants to.

Nanites stay low because the programs are consuming nanites faster than it can replicate them, until it hits the safety treshhold (default 50) where it'll stop the programs consuming nanites. But other than consumption, you can stuff the cloud to the limit, doesn't have any negative effect. Pro tip here is that you set all the programs that eat nanites to "deactivated" before you upload them, and couple them with sensors to toggle them on and off, makes the nanites smart about using their ressources. There isn't any way to increase the initial injection amount, but you can increase the reproduction rate with certain programs, if you really want to.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596039

BONERMASTER wrote:Nanites never caused me or my test subjects any issues, so pump yourself up as much as you please, you'll be fine.

If you mess too much with dermal buttons, they start bugging out, and that is certainly not a feature. Only put a small number of these in your cloud, and avoid touching them in any way afterwards. Sub dermal ID specifically is a finnicky piece of shit, it only works when it wants to.

Nanites stay low because the programs are consuming nanites faster than it can replicate them, until it hits the safety treshhold (default 50) where it'll stop the programs consuming nanites. But other than consumption, you can stuff the cloud to the limit, doesn't have any negative effect. Pro tip here is that you set all the programs that eat nanites to "deactivated" before you upload them, and couple them with sensors to toggle them on and off, makes the nanites smart about using their ressources. There isn't any way to increase the initial injection amount, but you can increase the reproduction rate with certain programs, if you really want to.
Only button I've been using for now is the subdermal but yeah, it bugged anyway. And I asked about the decaying because last night I died some time after injecting the nanites by toxin damage, and a lizard that was with me deduced they might've been the cause. I guess something else must've hit me and I didn't notice.
Will try to start doing this automatic micromanagement to switch them on only when needed. Nice info man, thank you!

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #596040

Good-good!
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #596045

There is cool tricks about nanites that i get from pro player.
Lets take for example of Blood Purification.
you upload it to cloud but problem is that its consuming 1 nanit per second so you will be always low on nanites.
to fix this problem you get Damage Sensor on disc insert it in to Nanite Programmer choose Above(its by default), choose toxins from damage type and set >1.
Pull disc out insert to cloud controller choose Blood Purification program and click Add rule from disc.
So from now on Blood Purification will be active only when user got 1 or more toxins.
Same thing will be working with all other sensors programs. Also rules in cloud dont need to be uploaded separately from program they applied to to work so example above can have only one uploaded program and sensor rule applied to it to work like a charm.
Also you dont need to deactivate programs to stop them consuming nanites just slap rules on them and it will work like in example above.
Can there be a round in which some nanites are always bugged or corrupt?
Yep. You can make hell of nanites by combining Mitosis + Infective Exo-Locomotion. Mitosis cause programs to become corrupted and Infective Exo-Locomotion spread nanites around user and infect all things humans simple animals etc and i dont think you can fix this shit easy its like virus without cure or immunity(some race got imunity thou). Dont do this when you are not antag i almost got in trouble with this but luckily admin was chill and mistake was due my poor knowledge about nanites.

Pro tip you can inject persons with nanite sting program and make it spreading automaticly just slap restart timer and it will trigger each N seconds now you got some sort of Infective Exo-Locomotion program even you didnt research it.

Accelerated regeneration dont consume nanites even without rules or deactivation until you get damage as far as i know.
Brain fixing programs require manual trigger button or something to activate nowdays and deactiavation to stop. At first they was working like accelerate regeneration consuming nanites only during brain damage or traumas and stop consuming when you healed now its not how they works.

Also EMP will kill your nanites so youl need to inject them again i think. Or you can use Electromagnetic Resonance to destroy own nanites without using chamber.

Some programs and rules i use
Spoiler:
accelerate regeneration = no rules needed
blood purification and selective blood purification = slap damage toxins >1
Dermal Hardening = slap damage brute >1
Dermal Refractive Surface = slap damage fire>1
Bio-Reconstruction = slap heals <95%
Nerve Support = 2 dermal button for turn on/off or one button + shutdown timer

with this setup you dont need to push dermal buttons 99% of time to be unkillable machine. Poisons? Rads? nah we fine with them blood purification and selective blood purification will clear 99% of toxins and posions. Greytide slaping your face? Dermal Hardening is our way with basic armor gear(security armor vest+helment) ooof ooof you good to go against nukis with stunbaton. Lasers? Space? Plasma flood? Dermal Refractive Surface will save your ass. Got hit hard with any shit? Bio-Reconstruction will get you on full hp within seconds.
Advance setups include multiply rules and very usefull is nanite sensor rule. Defibrillation is cool for doctors and even users but you need to have some nanites to trigger it. Most of the time i use all nanites to stay alive as much as possible so nothing left for defib.
Nanites cloud have programs count limit its big but its there something like 25 or 30 programs.
Dont forget to eat metabolic synthesis will x2 your nanite production!
And watch for nanites level you will have sens of godmode until your nanites storage goes to 50 and you become just a meat bag with bones that will die from slaping table with your foot toe. Good luck with expriments. All text is from my experience with nanites and can be not true today.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596087

kopoba wrote:There is cool tricks about nanites that i get from pro player.
you upload it to cloud but problem is that its consuming 1 nanit per second so you will be always low on nanites.
to fix this problem you get Damage Sensor on disc insert it in to Nanite Programmer choose Above(its by default), choose toxins from damage type and set >1.
Pull disc out insert to cloud controller choose Blood Purification program and click Add rule from disc.
So from now on Blood Purification will be active only when user got 1 or more toxins.
Same thing will be working with all other sensors programs. Also rules in cloud dont need to be uploaded separately from program they applied to to work so example above can have only one uploaded program and sensor rule applied to it to work like a charm.
Also you dont need to deactivate programs to stop them consuming nanites just slap rules on them and it will work like in example above.
Yep. You can make hell of nanites by combining Mitosis + Infective Exo-Locomotion. Mitosis cause programs to become corrupted and Infective Exo-Locomotion spread nanites around user and infect all things humans simple animals etc and i dont think you can fix this shit easy its like virus without cure or immunity(some race got imunity thou). Dont do this when you are not antag i almost got in trouble with this but luckily admin was chill and mistake was due my poor knowledge about nanites.

Pro tip you can inject persons with nanite sting program and make it spreading automaticly just slap restart timer and it will trigger each N seconds now you got some sort of Infective Exo-Locomotion program even you didnt research it.

Accelerated regeneration dont consume nanites even without rules or deactivation until you get damage as far as i know.
Brain fixing programs require manual trigger button or something to activate nowdays and deactiavation to stop. At first they was working like accelerate regeneration consuming nanites only during brain damage or traumas and stop consuming when you healed now its not how they works.

Also EMP will kill your nanites so youl need to inject them again i think. Or you can use Electromagnetic Resonance to destroy own nanites without using chamber.

Spoiler:

with this setup you dont need to push dermal buttons 99% of time to be unkillable machine. Poisons? Rads? nah we fine with them blood purification and selective blood purification will clear 99% of toxins and posions. Greytide slaping your face? Dermal Hardening is our way with basic armor gear(security armor vest+helment) ooof ooof you good to go against nukis with stunbaton. Lasers? Space? Plasma flood? Dermal Refractive Surface will save your ass. Got hit hard with any shit? Bio-Reconstruction will get you on full hp within seconds.
Advance setups include multiply rules and very usefull is nanite sensor rule. Defibrillation is cool for doctors and even users but you need to have some nanites to trigger it. Most of the time i use all nanites to stay alive as much as possible so nothing left for defib.
Nanites cloud have programs count limit its big but its there something like 25 or 30 programs.
And watch for nanites level you will have sens of godmode until your nanites storage goes to 50 and you become just a meat bag with bones that will die from slaping table with your foot toe. Good luck with expriments. All text is from my experience with nanites and can be not true today.
All very interesting. Yeah I wasn't paying attention to those "rules" at all. I did try a couple of health sensor (now realize how pointless they were, cause I used them on acc-regen which youre telling me doesnt need any auto-management lol), but the rule thing seems interesting and helpful enough so I'll give it a go next time.

Thanks again for all the info. If I ever forget any of this when I start getting the hang of another aspect of the game (which I probably will), at least I can come back to this thread to refresh my memory. Cheers.

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596127

Agux909 wrote:
kopoba wrote:There is cool tricks about nanites that i get from pro player.

Spoiler:

All very interesting. Yeah I wasn't paying attention to those "rules" at all. I did try a couple of health sensor (now realize how pointless they were, cause I used them on acc-regen which youre telling me doesnt need any auto-management lol), but the rule thing seems interesting and helpful enough so I'll give it a go next time.

Thanks again for all the info. If I ever forget any of this when I start getting the hang of another aspect of the game (which I probably will), at least I can come back to this thread to refresh my memory. Cheers.
a good setup for defib nanites that I like to do is shut down after 110 repeat after 50 make sure you have the death sensor setup also toxin purge is some of the best stuff you can do, chloral gets fucked, ling stings gets fucked(Any poison fucked(above 1)) makes sure to inject nanites into monkeys just for research a good tot thing to do is voice sensor(VERY SPECIFIC KEYWORD(I want to do this for some time but haven't gotten then chance)THE CLOWN IN MAINT ANGRY!!!!)flesh consuming nanites poison sends shutdown code to the toxin nanites at the same time also for some pazazz make a bad virus to go along with it, and wear a bio-suit or stay very very very far away from people if it's very infectious.

With the giddiness of a child

:neigh:
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620832

nanites my beloved.

:neigh:
 ! Message from: Armhulen
user was banned for this necro
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #620861

why would you necro this thread
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #620862

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm why would you necro this thread
Attention, probably
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620889

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm why would you necro this thread
I miss nanites, and I saw glues online.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #621702

if you kill a thread with your post you should be able to necro it without the long arm of holes coming down on you
► Show Spoiler