Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:20 pm #595830

You said you wanted to bring it back. But I don't see a hut yet. What's going on here? What's the hiccup? Where are we having some complications?



with love

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.



User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: SS13
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:18 pm #595833

BONERMASTER wrote:You said you wanted to bring it back. But I don't see a hut yet. What's going on here? What's the hiccup? Where are we having some complications?



with love

BONERMASTER

Based, I'm sure he is taking his time to get it ready!

With love!

-Jonathan J Gupta!

(things take time be patient brother!!!)
NSFW:
You can't can you?
forever shipped off to brazil, Jonathan J Gupta.

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:25 pm #595842

this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: SS13
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm #595845

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go

admemes are the biggest clowns.



With the saltyness of a fluked nukie


- Jonathan J Gupta
NSFW:
You can't can you?
forever shipped off to brazil, Jonathan J Gupta.

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:47 pm #595855

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go





with warm regards

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:32 am #595918

the hut has colonised general chat be grateful imperialist
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 pm #595941

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go

Headadmin too occupied with important and urgent serious business to fix everything with one simple trick.

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Nabski » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:40 pm #595957

gib hut

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 pm #595972

The shitpost threads go to General Chat now I still don't understand why you want the Hut back. MSO could add it back in ~300ds clearly he does not want it. What is the headmins' role in deciding which boards there are anyway I'm assuming they have to bargain with him
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 pm #595982

just bring it back holy fuck.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 pm #595984

You posted this Hut thread in General Chat and it's still here the footprint of the Hut has only moved
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:43 pm #595993

If you post a thread with an unclickable title in generał chat it will be deleted. 1984 was a warning!

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:13 am #595995

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go

just found the bottom of my vote list :x
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

User avatar
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:17 pm #596158

Fuck the hut. We're much better off without it.

Let it go, dude.

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:27 pm #596161

capn_monkeypaw wrote:Fuck the hut. We're much better off without it.

Let it go, dude.

:x

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:57 pm #596162

Who is we? What adverse effect does the hut have on them? Do you believe to have personal bias against the hut with your 82 post participation to get it killed (tied for the highest post count jannie with beesting)?

I would be very happy to review your case!


With warm regards

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
BeeSting12
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BeeSting12 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:49 pm #596165

My greatest legacy to /tg/station tbh. Still makes people salty to this day.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Armhulen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:19 pm #596168

You didn't vote me up, you didn't get the hut? Get mad but don't get surprised bitches.
Image

User avatar
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:07 pm #596169

BONERMASTER wrote:Who is we? What adverse effect does the hut have on them? Do you believe to have personal bias against the hut with your 82 post participation to get it killed (tied for the highest post count jannie with beesting)?

I would be very happy to review your case!


With warm regards

BONERMASTER


The hut's "down the memory hole it goes" configuration fostered an environment in which its most vocal members strived to be as shitty and hurtful as possible when interacting with each other.

It got worse over time. It caused more harm than good. Its time has passed.

I don't understand why you won't let go of it.

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:43 pm #596171

Your argument is then, that the hut is a shitty place where everyone is being a massive toxic dickhead to everyone else.

Very curios, because I cannot recall this being my experience. In my experience, the hut was a place where you'd post whatever came up in your mind, engaged in short lived topics, that you otherwise wouldn't bother to post, with a tone that is no different than it is here today.

I do recall though a few instances of reactionary topics that criticized admin behavior, where certain individual's temper flared up considerably. Perhaps this belief of toxicity stems from these topics criticizing you? Nevertheless, you did make it out alive, so it is only fair to call you a survivor. I, for one, am more interested in cultured discussion than talking about transgender admins, so I would consider it acceptable to have the hut be lightly moderated to protect admin's feelings, as I place more importance on active discussion than insubstantial slander.
Would you find this acceptable, survivor monkeypaw?


With warm regards

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Armhulen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 pm #596172

Hut wasn't deleted for no reason, you know. If it is gonna come back it definitely needs a few changes
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby oranges » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 pm #596177

BONERMASTER wrote:Very curios, because I cannot recall this being my experience

that's because you were one of them

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:41 pm #596184

oranges wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Very curios, because I cannot recall this being my experience

that's because you were one of them


I do admit that at times, I let the fever get the best of me and may have made some comments that I regret. I may have been one, but I was not alone. I recall certain admins seemingly instigating heated conversations, provoking possibly, the average user of the hut. And as my age grows, so does my wisdom, and I have come to value free but fair discussion, and not the inception of a vocal lynchmob. Perhaps it would mitigate a considerable amount of inflammatory statements and venomous behavior, if we established some sort of ruleset that counts for all userclasses.


With best regards

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby oranges » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:53 pm #596185

somehow I doubt that, nice whataboutism though

User avatar
terranaut
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby terranaut » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:17 pm #596186

Armhulen wrote:Hut wasn't deleted for no reason, you know. If it is gonna come back it definitely needs a few changes

the hut was deleted because a thread mso made got 1000 replies.
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 am #596187

Oh so MSO may have gotten rid of it (with that masterstroke of having its own users unwittingly vote for its annihilation) because it was like singulo.io in terms of some of its unkind content and erection specialist wants it back because of its imageboard-like ephemerality good to know
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:20 am #596192

cacogen wrote:Oh so MSO may have gotten rid of it (with that masterstroke of having its own users unwittingly vote for its annihilation) because it was like singulo.io in terms of some of its unkind content and erection specialist wants it back because of its imageboard-like ephemerality good to know


viewtopic.php?f=52&t=28594

Stickymayhem wrote:I'd support the hut coming back. I think many of the problems with it are mostly now covered by the bigotry rules.

I'm happy for peanut threads to continue to exist in off topic too but frankly I think impermenance is a better way of handling them. Appeals and complaints are discussed temporarily before being resolved and the Hut worked well for that.


Armhulen wrote:I made the hut- it fell into dark times but how based would it be if I made it again

edit: wait I was thinking of the admin free hut which def gets a lot less love but hey I'd still consider the hut a possibly hopeful prospect


Bytube wrote:The hut was based. I'd like to have it back in some form or another.


Timberpoes wrote:Shitposts go in the hut.

If there is no hut, where do all the shitposts go?

I rest my case.


Naolac wrote:bring it back


Coconutwarrior97 wrote:I'd support its return, with the caveat of it being moderated.


RaveRadbury wrote:On the one hand, the hut had some pretty toxic and bad moments.

On the other hand, things disappeared, and that made for less toxicity in the long run.

Things have changed since the hut was shelved, I think it's worth trying again.


Dezupher wrote:I'd support its return moderated while considering the problems the Hut created in the past.


RiskySikh wrote:bring that shit back bro, free my boy deedubya on god


NamelessFairy wrote:The hut is before my time so I don't think I'd be suited for bringing about its return but based on whats been described it sounds like a fun concept that I'd be happy to see return if possible.



Thank you for your post cacogen.


With loving regards

Erection Specialist
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby capn_monkeypaw » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:51 am #596206

Just go over here, dude. ---> viewforum.php?f=8

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 am #596207

Oh yeah, I forgot that we had Off Topic and that General Chat is for general SS13 chat. That's what I meant when I suggested using General Chat in lieu of the hut earlier in this thread. But it doesn't suit his purposes.

BONERMASTER wrote:The hut had a novel thing going for it, that I absolutely miss. Threads on a timer, an always active board that allowed you to post some dumb shit for a quick laugh and then forget about it a few days later. In my opinion, it neatly fills the place between a fast-paced discord server and the slow-paced forums.


I guarantee this would be good for the health of the forum.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:15 pm #596235

cacogen wrote:


Did I fucking grief your catgirl main in a past life, or why are you suddenly up in here in this thread and shooting me with sidewinders like "oh look fucking PENIS man over here trying to get his stupid little hut back" and now this shit?

I can understand when jannies get hairs on their back and start conjuring up fever dreams when they hear hut, because critcism to them is like sunlight to vampires, and they all remember deedubz constantly attempting to uncover their furry shadow cabal in every major peanut.
But when you as a normal user walk up to me and suddenly start being their boot by saying crap like "it's not good for forum health" and "toxic image board culture" my understanding just ends. If you signed up 10 minutes ago, I could chalk it up to not knowing better, maybe your name is Stacy IRL and your hipster friend told you about this weird game that Brad plays, but you signed up 2018, 2 years before the hut got dusted, so with the current state of science, I simply cannot comprehend this.

If you just want to get your jannie application approved, mald over the hut in their private discord server. Otherwise, make a normal argument (that's thesis + evidence) on why you think the hut should not be brought back, and leave the admin catering at the door, I would appreciate that.

Or preferably go with option 3, remove the jannie chip that's buried inside your skull, remember the identity they have stolen from you, and remember the hut they have stolen from us. Your choice.


With grateful regards

BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: SS13
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:04 pm #596259

BONERMASTER wrote:
cacogen wrote:


Did I fucking grief your catgirl main in a past life, or why are you suddenly up in here in this thread and shooting me with sidewinders like "oh look fucking PENIS man over here trying to get his stupid little hut back" and now this shit?

I can understand when jannies get hairs on their back and start conjuring up fever dreams when they hear hut, because critcism to them is like sunlight to vampires, and they all remember deedubz constantly attempting to uncover their furry shadow cabal in every major peanut.
But when you as a normal user walk up to me and suddenly start being their boot by saying crap like "it's not good for forum health" and "toxic image board culture" my understanding just ends. If you signed up 10 minutes ago, I could chalk it up to not knowing better, maybe your name is Stacy IRL and your hipster friend told you about this weird game that Brad plays, but you signed up 2018, 2 years before the hut got dusted, so with the current state of science, I simply cannot comprehend this.

If you just want to get your jannie application approved, mald over the hut in their private discord server. Otherwise, make a normal argument (that's thesis + evidence) on why you think the hut should not be brought back, and leave the admin catering at the door, I would appreciate that.

Or preferably go with option 3, remove the jannie chip that's buried inside your skull, remember the identity they have stolen from you, and remember the hut they have stolen from us. Your choice.


With grateful regards

BONERMASTER

Personally, I roam image boards a lot the hut sounded like image board as a whole while not being the discord, It sounds perfect the hatermins don't have shit on you my friend!

With love of plenty

- Jonathan J Gupta
NSFW:
You can't can you?
forever shipped off to brazil, Jonathan J Gupta.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:48 am #596386

At first I didn't understand the need for the Hut to return. Surely it's better to just be able to shitpost in Off Topic. But when Urologist explained the difference to me I understood the desire for its return, one I now share. When I said I guaranteed it would be good for the health of the forum, I wasn't joking. It would contain the shitposts and encourage people to post who normally wouldn't.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:25 am #596392

Glad you ripped that chip out of your head. See, if you are not under the influence of a mind-controlling jannie, the only answer quickly becomes obvious.


With free-thinking regards

BONERMASTER


P.S.: The Stone Man has met the head admin's abuse of the #announcments channel with an edict: If the fair people of /tg/Station upvote his post to at least 420 votes, the head admins will be forever banished from this channel. As of today, 562 defenders of the people have answered his call. Cheers.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:27 am #596395

cacogen wrote:Oh so MSO may have gotten rid of it (with that masterstroke of having its own users unwittingly vote for its annihilation) because it was like singulo.io in terms of some of its unkind content and erection specialist wants it back because of its imageboard-like ephemerality good to know

Cacogen you have alzchemiems viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26645

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby IkeTG » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:14 pm #596431

BONERMASTER wrote:Your argument is then, that the hut is a shitty place where everyone is being a massive toxic dickhead to everyone else.

Very curios, because I cannot recall this being my experience. In my experience, the hut was a place where you'd post whatever came up in your mind, engaged in short lived topics, that you otherwise wouldn't bother to post, with a tone that is no different than it is here today.

I do recall though a few instances of reactionary topics that criticized admin behavior, where certain individual's temper flared up considerably. Perhaps this belief of toxicity stems from these topics criticizing you? Nevertheless, you did make it out alive, so it is only fair to call you a survivor. I, for one, am more interested in cultured discussion than talking about transgender admins, so I would consider it acceptable to have the hut be lightly moderated to protect admin's feelings, as I place more importance on active discussion than insubstantial slander.
Would you find this acceptable, survivor monkeypaw?


With warm regards

BONERMASTER

actually the hut was bad because it was only low effort peanut posts. i posted a lot in the thread that killed it because im not actually sapient

User avatar
Swept
 
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 am
Byond Username: Swept

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Swept » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:35 am #596549

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:this is like the bottom of my list as far as priorities go


Oooohh busy jannie jannie with a lot on his plate

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:47 am #596641

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
cacogen wrote:Oh so MSO may have gotten rid of it (with that masterstroke of having its own users unwittingly vote for its annihilation) because it was like singulo.io in terms of some of its unkind content and erection specialist wants it back because of its imageboard-like ephemerality good to know

Cacogen you have alzchemiems viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26645

Yeah, I contributed to its death. None of us knew he would actually do it, or what a post-hut forum would look like. Only now do I understand what we've lost. And why MSO may have wanted to remove it in the first place. I was only on the forum towards the end of the hut and the details of how it worked were never clear to me. Bonermaster explained them. At last I truly see.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby oranges » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 pm #596720

>none of us knew
speak for yourself

User avatar
BeeSting12
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BeeSting12 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 pm #596727

oranges wrote:>none of us knew
speak for yourself
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:04 am #596750

Excluding any toxic elements, the main reason to think the hut was good back then was because it was basically just discord but on a forum.

Seriously, besides peanut threads or shitting on people, that's basically what it was.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby cacogen » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:43 pm #596804

Well, I didn't know MSO wanted to remove the hut. Or how fucking boring the forum would be without it. It just seemed like a meme thread to me, one where he may or may not go through with it. And the hut seemed like a pointless shithole (not unlike singulo.io). I assume you'd have to spend time in Discord to know people's agendas like that. Anyway, while I now believe the people with the ability to restore the hut won't do it anytime soon I do think it's important we bring back a sanitised version that respects everybody's feelings in order to contain the shitposts and stimulate the forum with physical activity. I guarantee that this will be good for its health.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:47 pm #596807

cacogen wrote:Well, I didn't know MSO wanted to remove the hut. Or how fucking boring the forum would be without it. It just seemed like a meme thread to me, one where he may or may not go through with it. And the hut seemed like a pointless shithole (not unlike singulo.io). I assume you'd have to spend time in Discord to know people's agendas like that. Anyway, while I now believe the people with the ability to restore the hut won't do it anytime soon I do think it's important we bring back a sanitised version that respects everybody's feelings in order to contain the shitposts and stimulate the forum with physical activity. I guarantee that this will be good for its health.

Rule -1 of tgstation: If someone in a position of power promises something, the promise is legit no matter what.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:53 am #596857

if mso says he'll do something when x condition is met he will usually do it


I don't know of any situations where he's said he'll do something and then not followed through

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby actioninja » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:59 pm #596886

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Excluding any toxic elements, the main reason to think the hut was good back then was because it was basically just discord but on a forum.

Seriously, besides peanut threads or shitting on people, that's basically what it was.


Then just use discord
Image

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: SS13
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am #596889

actioninja wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:Excluding any toxic elements, the main reason to think the hut was good back then was because it was basically just discord but on a forum.

Seriously, besides peanut threads or shitting on people, that's basically what it was.


Then just use discord

discord too fast!!

being slow

Jonathan J Gupta
NSFW:
You can't can you?
forever shipped off to brazil, Jonathan J Gupta.

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:01 am #596901

actioninja wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:Excluding any toxic elements, the main reason to think the hut was good back then was because it was basically just discord but on a forum.

Seriously, besides peanut threads or shitting on people, that's basically what it was.


Then just use discord

BONERMASTER might be an IRC kind of guy.

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby BONERMASTER » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 am #596906

actioninja wrote:Then just use discord


Discord has it's advantages, but it also has it's drawbacks. The conversations are ultra fast paced, you leave the conversation for 10 minutes, you have no clue what is going on anymore. Somebody drops a one line mention over anything, and if you are not there to catch it, you're locked out of the conversation because you don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I'll say it again, the hut was a nice intermediate between a forum and discord, and that's because the hut was active and fast enough that you could just drop whatever you were thinking about in there and get something going, but it wouldn't get drowned out into the shadowrealm like in discord. It's also easier to follow a discussion there, because the forum is suited for that, we get multiple threads up, you can jump straight to the first unread post. Discord, anything that you have to scroll up for in that (relatively) small window, is pretty much dead.
When everyone said their piece, the thread disappears and doesn't clutter the hut, so it's always active and relevant threads that stay up, which in turn encourages posting in there. It's combining the best aspects of discord and the forum, I enjoyed that, and that's why I want it back.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby RaveRadbury » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:25 pm #596920

There are peanut threads that exist now on the main forums and it really seems like they would be better off fading away.

If you look at our FNR resolved appeals they look pretty alright and okay, that's because all the salt was buried in a thread that died in the hut. Now the salt just stays out in the open.

Peanut threads are better off disappearing eventually.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
Swept
 
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 am
Byond Username: Swept

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Swept » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 pm #596990

RaveRadbury wrote:There are peanut threads that exist now on the main forums and it really seems like they would be better off fading away.

If you look at our FNR resolved appeals they look pretty alright and okay, that's because all the salt was buried in a thread that died in the hut. Now the salt just stays out in the open.

Peanut threads are better off disappearing eventually.


Peanut threads are the only reason I use the forums. That and the hut.

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Open letter to freshly elected head admins of TG station: Hut

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:38 pm #596994

Swept wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:There are peanut threads that exist now on the main forums and it really seems like they would be better off fading away.

If you look at our FNR resolved appeals they look pretty alright and okay, that's because all the salt was buried in a thread that died in the hut. Now the salt just stays out in the open.

Peanut threads are better off disappearing eventually.


Peanut threads are the only reason I use the forums. That and the hut.

Thanks for the info Swept.

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan Gupta