Announcement

General SS13 Chat
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Announcement

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #595938

I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed.

We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Announcement

Post by cacogen » #595983

this made me check manuel and yup it's gone
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596141

Rohen_Tahir wrote:I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed.

We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".
This best has been a joke???? Please be a joke, if it's not imagine playing on manuel shittiest of all servers though I respect the people who play on it and the admemes, as Mr block u once said "Trolls don't get blocked" or "No more 19 dollar cards" or "...no more Fortnite" My favorite being "Peep this one like really peep this one, no more Fortnite..."

With the sadness of a clown who got slipped

- Mr. Redherring / Jonathan J Gupta

With an opinion on the subject, a clown is a clown nothing more nothing less, a clown is a staple of ss13 itself a clown can be funny a good example is Snail / Jarof Snail a very funny clown who I deeply am indebted to and fucked them up one time for a not so good reason which they deserve my dearest apology for a bad example of a clown is a newbie, but its part of the fun not knowing if the clown is a demigod or a newbie who doesn't know how to hurt let alone survive a robo with a Ripley

Keep the clown as it is the clown is a staple of ss13 it's in other games like barotrauma and mods for other games from how widespread it is, please do not change the clown as a whole and if you need too put some sample text like, "You advertise for centcomm as a company, your job is to entertain the crew and keep spirits high" something like that don't remove clown or change the name.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #596145

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed.

This best has been a joke???? Please be a joke, if it's not imagine playing on manuel shittiest of all servers though I respect the people who play on it and the admemes, as Mr block u once said "Trolls don't get blocked" or "No more 19 dollar cards" or "...no more Fortnite" My favorite being "Peep this one like really peep this one, no more Fortnite..."

With an opinion on the subject, a clown is a clown nothing more nothing less, a clown is a staple of ss13 itself a clown can be funny a good example is Snail / Jarof Snail a very funny clown who I deeply am indebted to and fucked them up one time for a not so good reason which they deserve my dearest apology for a bad example of a clown is a newbie, but its part of the fun not knowing if the clown is a demigod or a newbie who doesn't know how to hurt let alone survive a robo with a Ripley

Keep the clown as it is the clown is a staple of ss13 it's in other games like barotrauma and mods for other games from how widespread it is, please do not change the clown as a whole and if you need too put some sample text like, "You advertise for centcomm as a company, your job is to entertain the crew and keep spirits high" something like that don't remove clown or change the name.
Clowns are racist. The white clown face is a manifestation of white supremacy.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596146

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective, unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".

Keep the clown as it is the clown is a staple of ss13 it's in other games like barotrauma and mods for other games from how widespread it is, please do not change the clown as a whole and if you need to put some sample text like, "You advertise for centcomm as a company, your job is to entertain the crew and keep spirits high" something like that don't remove clown or change the name.
Clowns are racist. The white clown face is a manifestation of white supremacy.
that's what makes the clown so iconic, when I think clown I think racism when I think racism I think fucking TG! when I play clown personally I type in the keyboard suicide on the bottom right bar when I see a black person when I make potassium grenade I think HONK! suicide bomb for when centcomm hope there is no black.

with racism

Her durrr Clown HONK HONK :honkman:
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #596191

I need to stop ordering pizza but I really want to do it again right now
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596261

This was a bad decision. I used to love Manuel.

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596264

Agux909 wrote:This was a bad decision. I used to love Manuel.
Imagine playing Manuel(this post was made by TG Bagil)

With the hatred of a thousand Terry's

Mr. Redherring
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Nist
Byond Username: Nist

Post by Nist » #596334

sad!!