:pen: Wire full grid, All APCs.
:pen: Solar Panel Alignment.
:pen: Build Autolathe.
:pen: Build Ancient Proto, Circut machine
:pen: Build Ore redemption machine
:pen: Open Vault
:pen: Upgrade all machines with at least Pico-Manipulator level technology
Rules.
:pen: You must not leave the derelict station for other stations around it.
:pen: You must follow goals in order.

I've managed to finish the derelict speed run in about 17~ Minutes for a full run. See how fast you can do it too!
ps. I got really bored one shift and did derelict and realized you can actually make this a speedrun challenge. Have fun. :honk:
Bluedazzled
Byond Username: Bluedazzled

Re: Derelict speed run and rules

Post by Bluedazzled » #603269

my record for just getting the vault open was about 8 minutes (roundtime, so probably 5 minutes)
sadly derelict speedrunning is gonna be tougher with the new drone nerf
Image it isn't my birthday go away (art by hiynastrike)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #603287

17 minutes is pretty damn good, but I feel like the last point about "upgrade all machines" should be taken off the docket as that's going to be largely station-dependent.
The speedrun, imo, should be entirely and only dependent on what you've done on the derelict.

Never speedran this, by the way, but I've always had a much longer time setting up the derelict - any tips on going faster??
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #603290

Weak, the strong drones repopulate the derelict.
pfp by AspEv
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603315

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:17 minutes is pretty damn good, but I feel like the last point about "upgrade all machines" should be taken off the docket as that's going to be largely station-dependent.
The speedrun, imo, should be entirely and only dependent on what you've done on the derelict.

Never speedran this, by the way, but I've always had a much longer time setting up the derelict - any tips on going faster??
With the point of upgrading the machines, The upgrade to pico manipulators are I believe just glass and metal and are obtainable for the station.

A big tip for a speed run is spawning into the maintenance cupboard with the electrical toolbox. The toolbox is very important for early storage and this allows you to collect the 3 matter bins 1 glass and 1 manipulator required for the beginning autolathe. I would also recommend moving north then south to repair and rebuild the wire grid. Because the layout of Derelict is crazy, There are multiple ways to speedrunning this.

I also made this post so people would give more attention to the derelict because it's always dead despite having a lot of potential content around the derelict. I managed to set up the Beta Station, Teleporter, And Asteroid station all to the grid and I even managed to use their atmospherics to pressurize the derelict.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #603319

oh lmao for "early storage" what I do is always grab the geneticist's duffle out of the busted-up medbay in the derelict
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #603366

I achieved the opposed of a speedrun, I played derelict on old terry once afore whilst drunk and fell asleep at my computer only to wake up in the same round 7 hours later
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603375

IkeTG wrote:I achieved the opposed of a speedrun, I played derelict on old terry once afore whilst drunk and fell asleep at my computer only to wake up in the same round 7 hours later
Oh wasted potential yikes.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #603378

its a ghost role there's no potential to begin with :^)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603409

Crazy Man Gupta wrote:I give you an inch you take a damn worldwide trip around the sun.
Crazy Man Gupta wrote:I give you an inch you take a damn worldwide trip around the sun.[/ quote]
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603410

no space between the [/quote]
Living God

Extraordinary Person

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #603413

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603416

[youtube]rxGnonKB7TY[/youtube]
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #603622

There's actually a speedrun.com board for SS13. I have no clue who the hell maintains it but it's actually slightly active - they added /tg/ categories some time in the last few months but nobody's put a run up. I'll see if I can find them to add this, it actually sounds like a lot of fun.

E: Legoscape got aced for having shit idiot brain fungus but this idea is still neat so I'll run with it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fazbeus

Post by Fazbeus » #606689

Vekter wrote:There's actually a speedrun.com board for SS13. I have no clue who the hell maintains it but it's actually slightly active - they added /tg/ categories some time in the last few months but nobody's put a run up. I'll see if I can find them to add this, it actually sounds like a lot of fun.

E: Legoscape got aced for having shit idiot brain fungus but this idea is still neat so I'll run with it.

I might be the only person who really tries to maintain it sometimes, but the problem is that current speedrun categories we have are not really compatible with all the maps like /tg/ station has (they were made for later use), because on this server there is only a supermatter engine used to power up the station since singularity and tesla engines were both cut from the game according to the wiki. I wanted to add a new category for supermatter engine setup a while back (and some other ones too), but I have no idea how to setup a supermatter engine actually (because I am kinda new to the /tg/ station still) and what rules to make and I only played on a Russian server called Tau Ceti Station before, where I made a post on a forum (which was quite popular back then) about me speedrunning a singularity engine setup and some people wanted to try to speedrun themselves and posted their videos which I watched and verified them by myself. Sometime later I decided to send a video of my singularity engine speedrun to a speedrun.com staff so that they can review it and add an actual leaderboard for the Space Station 13 speedruns. It was accepted and a leaderboard was made, but only people from the Tau Ceti Station server posted their runs, because the two main categories that were made are fully compatible with maps like Box Station and Gamma Station that Tau Ceti Station has and were not designed for the all Space Station 13 servers of course since every server is different. Right now the leaderboard is quite inactive and it requires a new categories, other compatible maps to be added for speedrunning and etc.

If anyone actually wants to help me with managing a Space Station 13 leaderboard and be a mod, you can contact me on Discord: Fazbeus#9400. Alternatively you can also contact me on the speedrun.com and send me a private message if you have an account here.