Does Security need an end-game?

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Does Security need an end-game?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #605193

I mean Power-Escalation wise and all that.

Xenobio still has one (Nerfed a chunk though, from gods to just robust)

Mining has one, Genetics, Even the Clown has one!

I honestly think the best security end-content would be a de-antagonizer machine built thanks to really expensive cargo profits, head of staff approval, and Antagonists in the prison system. Finally get those antags that have been dead since 30 minutes into the round back into the round, but on your side.
► Show Spoiler
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Re: Does Security need an end-game?

Post by Fishimun » #605194

we can finally remove friendly antags forever by putting them into the cbt machine
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #605200

Is this aimed at lrp or mrp?

Because lrp has an end goal. Kill all the antags then call the shuttle.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #605202

Shadowflame909 wrote: I honestly think the best security end-content would be a de-antagonizer machine built thanks to really expensive cargo profits, head of staff approval, and Antagonists in the prison system. Finally get those antags that have been dead since 30 minutes into the round back into the round, but on your side.
It's called the Enhanced Interrogation Chamber, you get it from the BEPIS

/thread
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #605211

Shadowflame909 wrote:I mean Power-Escalation wise and all that.

I honestly think the best security end-content would be a de-antagonizer machine built thanks to really expensive cargo profits, head of staff approval, and Antagonists in the prison system. Finally get those antags that have been dead since 30 minutes into the round back into the round, but on your side.
this man really using the term 'endgame' for a round based horizontal-them-up
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #605222

Shadowflame909 wrote:I mean Power-Escalation wise and all that.

no security already has gear good enough to match everyone elses end game

just give them novelty stuff to work towards to treat their ADHD

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605228

RaveRadbury wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote: I honestly think the best security end-content would be a de-antagonizer machine built thanks to really expensive cargo profits, head of staff approval, and Antagonists in the prison system. Finally get those antags that have been dead since 30 minutes into the round back into the round, but on your side.
It's called the Enhanced Interrogation Chamber, you get it from the BEPIS

/thread
Yooo

I never bothered using this thing because I figured the "antagonists can do what they want" took priority over it. Does this actually remove remove antag status/require them to comply?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605230

Yes, I`ve used the enhanced interrogation chamber and I think it even takes priority over cult / rev status since its considered brainwash, meaning its a much more useful version of mindshield that can turn cultists with cult powers against narsie.

Bonus points if you convert the cult leader and have them teleport the entire cult onto a max cap.

I think the order of priority is

Laws > Brainwash (But if you are brainwashed to believe something that would subvert laws like only x is human it would work) > heretic thrall > cult > rev > solo antag.

Keep in mind this does not outright remove antag status, the antag can still find loopholes in the wording of what they are brainwashed with, similar to a traitor with silicon laws.

And the price for a bepis chamber to unlock all tech drastically decreases as you upgrade it, you will only need about 1.5k to unlock every single tech with a fully upgraded bepis and its better to just spam the bare minimum you can pay at that point (100) since even if you do fail you will get other things like a can of spray on insuls (which can be used on 5 people)

Also the chance of winning tech doesnt really increase that much the more you pay in a single attempt, like paying 200 I think gives you equal chance of unlocking a tech as paying 100 twice.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #605240

no it doesn't
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #605264

That's right we're gonna be talking about the penis.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605267

oranges wrote:no it doesn't
Er, is that "No, Enhanced Interrogation Chamber doesn't override antag" or "No, Security doesn't need an end-game?"
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #605400

the security end game is everyone making it out safe and sound when the shuttle leaves :)
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605420

Well I can see why someone would argue security doesnt need an endgame.

Because if you think about it, security`s weapons and gadgets dont really fall off, they just get countered, forcing them to be dynamic with their arsenal.

Like in actuality, do stun batons really ever get outscaled in melee carbon vs carbon combat ? No because they have full melee armor piercing and high enough dps to even work well through stamina regen (which is usually via chem / has upkeep.) Stun batons are scarier than an armblade / desword

Then you have hulks which basically can be treated almost like a simple mob since they are usually strictly melee and slower than normal + cant be stunned. Ranged weapons counter them hard and security has an extensive arsenal of ranged weapons.

Vs mech? Ion gun

Vs high numbers of carbons? Flash bang (because in actuality unless mass hulking is taking place it is very difficult to make a large amount of people resistant to stun combat / flash bangs)
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605421

And usually security`s current endgame is killing a failed round start desword murderbone traitor and then going around the station greytiding with their claimed contraband acting like they are hot shit and that they own the place.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605424

As cool as it would be to have more sec stuff, I don't think the nature of the role lends itself to an endgame. Security's endgame is having the 3 eswords and makarovs they looted from the antags they stop. By the time you "finish" your job as sec (i.e., eliminate all threats to the station), you don't even have a use for the gamergear you managed to win, because there's no one to use it on.

R&D will always be there to improve sec's weaponry, but as long as the current stun mechanics stay around, sec is in good shape without any progression.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #605427

MooCow12 wrote:And usually security`s current endgame is killing a failed round start desword murderbone traitor and then going around the station greytiding with their claimed contraband acting like they are hot shit and that they own the place.
Exactly, security's endgame is trivialising antags with traitor gear
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #605444

cacogen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:And usually security`s current endgame is killing a failed round start desword murderbone traitor and then going around the station greytiding with their claimed contraband acting like they are hot shit and that they own the place.
What if security could summon more antags to use their gamer gear on??

Holographically of course
► Show Spoiler
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #605445

C'mon shadowflame could you acknowledge that your initial desire in the OP is actually in the codebase rn before you move the goalposts?
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #605448

Shadowflame909 wrote:
cacogen wrote:
What if security could summon more antags to use their gamer gear on??

Holographically of course
Just go to lavaland and punch everything into extinction.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #605450

RaveRadbury wrote:C'mon shadowflame could you acknowledge that your initial desire in the OP is actually in the codebase rn before you move the goalposts?
Whichever coder made it is epic and deserves praise for it

If security has an epic "Get antag on your side (they keep the powers)" machine. Why do we not see it used more?
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605454

Shadowflame909 wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:C'mon shadowflame could you acknowledge that your initial desire in the OP is actually in the codebase rn before you move the goalposts?

If security has an epic "Get antag on your side (they keep the powers)" machine. Why do we not see it used more?
I acknowledge this is the ultimate antag-removal device, but I have never built this once as HoS. In fact I could probably safely say I've never seen it on Sybil, and only on long Manuel rounds. I assume it's heavily timegated. Likely your time is better spent patrolling. The shifts that are quiet and slow enough to build an anti-antag machine, don't need the anti-antag machine. The shifts chaotic and hectic enough to need it will never find the time/peace to build it.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #605457

sinfulbliss wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:

I acknowledge this is the ultimate antag-removal device, but I have never built this once as HoS. In fact I could probably safely say I've never seen it on Sybil, and only on long Manuel rounds. I assume it's heavily timegated. Likely your time is better spent patrolling. The shifts that are quiet and slow enough to build an anti-antag machine, don't need the anti-antag machine. The shifts chaotic and hectic enough to need it will never find the time/peace to build it.
It's like being able to unlock the nuke codes through a puzzle at all corners of space

Yet the only round where you'd be able to use it without getting banned is one that won't last long enough for you to reach every corner of space. The ultimate useful yet useless item
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #605462

sinfulbliss wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:

You get it from BEPIS.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #605466

you don’t see it on sybil because sybil players suck
manuel players get higher time to achieve the cbt machine setup but sybilites have neither time nor intelligence advantage on them
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #605475

absolutely fucking not
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #605477

security's endgame is getting banned for doing their job because they used slightly too much force and got ahelped for it in a stressful situation, dunno where you got the rest of that from
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605483

iksyp wrote:
security's endgame is getting banned for doing their job because they used slightly too much force and got ahelped for it in a stressful situation, dunno where you got the rest of that from
Antag ahelps should be automatically marked IC TBH
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605509

Flatulent wrote:you don’t see it on sybil because sybil players suck
manuel players get higher time to achieve the cbt machine setup but sybilites have neither time nor intelligence advantage on them

Bro I`ve literally made one multiple times as a clown / chaplain / scientist on sybil
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #607809

could add gunsmithing
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #607826

How are you alive
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #607857

John_Oxford wrote:could add gunsmithing
you were the hero we needed but did not deserve
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.