Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: rip nanites

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613118

Bottom post of the previous page:

nanites are couches and hacks are just better gamer chairs

what next, is the sec baton going to be a nice reclining chair or some shit
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #613122

I'm honestly unclear on what the analogy there is trying to communicate
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613132

Pandarsenic wrote:I'm honestly unclear on what the analogy there is trying to communicate
It's trying to communicate that the author requires medical attention of the psychiatric variety.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613135

Hello? I'm trying to wait patiently for a wound to heal by itself here. Why tear it open again? Hello?

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613136

Agux909 wrote:Hello? I'm trying to wait patiently for a wound to heal by itself here. Why tear it open again? Hello?
No passive regen for you. Cry.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #613140

Pandarsenic wrote:I'm honestly unclear on what the analogy there is trying to communicate
The couch analogy? Nanites might not have been perfect, and sure they had their flaws, but they were still fun. Why would you throw out a couch, if it's still comfortable, just because it might have a broken armrest? Why would you remove Nanites, if they're still fun, just because they provide a passive heal? It's an analogy I came up with in 5 seconds specifically to counter the "but nanites were broken and nobody fixed them for 3 years" argument. Oh well, guess I just need psychiatric help.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #613925

There's this weird thing nowadays where nobody is allowed to criticise or complain about code changes for fear of standing apart from the group. It means the maintainers can merge whatever they like and the players will punish each other for daring to complain. It's truly fascinating stuff.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613942

Hacks are keyholes that are cemented shut and nanites are normal keyholes.
Skill are the professional keyholes that even LockpickingLawyer has trouble getting into under one minute
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #613963

We've finally come full circle, bye nanites.

Spoiler:
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #613966

cacogen wrote:There's this weird thing nowadays where nobody is allowed to criticise or complain about code changes for fear of standing apart from the group. It means the maintainers can merge whatever they like and the players will punish each other for daring to complain. It's truly fascinating stuff.
what are you on literally everybody flames coders its as normal as breathing here

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #613967

cacogen wrote:There's this weird thing nowadays where nobody is allowed to criticise or complain about code changes for fear of standing apart from the group. It means the maintainers can merge whatever they like and the players will punish each other for daring to complain. It's truly fascinating stuff.
do you really believe this
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613968

Armhulen wrote:
do you really believe this
the coder cabal will not let you go free after criticizing their practises, you might be banned
but even worse is...
becoming a C#der!!!
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #613993

I just think there is a small inaccuracy when it comes to what coders perceive as what is truly strong and what isnt.

Mobility,stuns,and indirect combat are the holy trinity that make up the meta in ss13.

Nanites did provide a strong form of indirect combat when it came to sabotage but their regen and armor is only good at soft countering other forms of indirect combat (plasmafloods,simple mob spam,badvirus,etc) They did absolutely nothing against stuns (nerve support isnt even enough to counter the shove stun < cuff < grab < grab combo) And required either a counter to stuns like from hulk or mobility.

Yes the scale at which nanites healed people (pretty much everyone who wanted them that doesnt get empd) was pretty big, but nanites were only truely good on elitely geared players who had armor and ways to counter stuns, and the self defib ability was easily made useless by simply hitting the victim a few more times after death so that their heart decays before they are healed enough (although this is countered by surgery, which takes time and time is probably the most precious resource in this game)

I`ve never lost a fight with ANYONE simply "because they had nanites" a simple diagnostic headset or health analyzer gives it away and then you get two easy ways to counter it, find the cloud and install a program thats activated by a remote or simply emp them once and fight them immediately after to prevent them from getting fixed since their lifespan is now on a time limit.

And anyone that says "nanites make medbay obsolete" probably thinks that medbays only job is to fix superficial brute/burn/toxin damage, medibots make medbay obsolete in that case (and even they can be subverted)

Meanwhile the new circuits are already proving to be extremely good when it comes to mobility thanks to their synergy with the bluespace launchpad, and mobility is probably the most powerful thing in this game, any piece of equipment from any department at your fingertips while also being hard to catch with the only real counter being to find out where your setup is and siege it ( and I can almost bet that as circuits get updated they are going to be getting better and better at controlling an area that you set them up in for a homefield advantage) Nerfing the range / saying you need to build it in the center of the station wont help because ive already figured out how to extend the range of the system.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614000

Inb4 launchpad support is removed.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #614001

more likely just the range would be limited if anything
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #614044

MooCow12 wrote:Meanwhile the new circuits are already proving to be extremely good when it comes to mobility thanks to their synergy with the bluespace launchpad, and mobility is probably the most powerful thing in this game, any piece of equipment from any department at your fingertips while also being hard to catch with the only real counter being to find out where your setup is and siege it ( and I can almost bet that as circuits get updated they are going to be getting better and better at controlling an area that you set them up in for a homefield advantage) Nerfing the range / saying you need to build it in the center of the station wont help because ive already figured out how to extend the range of the system.

You shouldn't make it into a contest, that will only end badly for you
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #614053

ardentarclight wrote: what are you on literally everybody flames coders its as normal as breathing here
Armhulen wrote: do you really believe this
Fishimun wrote: the coder cabal will not let you go free after criticizing their practises, you might be banned
but even worse is...
becoming a C#der!!!
they're still doing it
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: