antag huds and adminobservers

General SS13 Chat
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

antag huds and adminobservers

Post by lmwevil » #609194

yo guys i have a hot take, the closure of antag huds is stinki and i want to complain on digg.

don't make me go back to admin... i was free don't make me go back NOOOOOO I JUST WANT TO OBSERVE AND KNOW WHAT TO LOOK AT TO VIBE

alternatively give a boomermin rank (or revive adminobserver) as an option for retired admins if they want it so 'OHHH NOOOOOOH METAGAME' isn't a thing since it'd be a pretty small list

PLEASE I JUST WANT TO OBSERVE AND WATCH THE COOL THINGS NOT HAVE TO FLICK TO EVERY FUCKING PERSON AND INSPECT THEIR HUDS PLEASE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: antag huds and adminobservers

Post by MortoSasye » #609196

there's no escape
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #609217

weak

figure out who's the antag based on ghostcourt and deadchat hearsay or perish
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #609263

kinda odd this was handed over to headmins to decide only for maintainers to do a takebacksies, I was fine with this my only issue was I wanted it to lock you outta dchat
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #609268

Yeah literally all of us agreed it was a good idea, Headmin-wise, but if Maintainers want to veto it that's on them.

Though they've lost all right to wring their hands and complain anytime a headmin looks at a config value.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #609358

Pardonnez moi, but as the maintainer who finally closed the PR I would like to talk about the headmin assertions before people get antsies in their pantsies:

Despite pinging @maintainer (which includes the headcoders) in a low traffic channel (#maint-bus) very openly that I'd closed it and outlining the reason why I closed it - As well as outlining the reasons in the PR body itself - none of the headcoders have yet gone back to re-open it or have spoken to me about how they planned to re-open it. None of the headmins have talked to me in any way about how this went against some agreement they had with the headcoders that this was purely an administrative matter. If I was genuinely wrong to have closed it, then I'll re-open it and apologise for the low surface area of my brain.

No headmin commented on the PR. There is no discussion between headmins and headcoders in #maint-bus or #coding-general about the feature and it being formally handed off as a headmin decision. Same in the PR. Same in the admin channels. I'm struggling to find out where this was decided as a headmin issue with no maintainer input required. If it was handled in DMs, lemme know which headcoder and I'll discuss if I made a mistake in closing the PR with them.

In the same vein, I disagree with oranges that it's an issue which is purely administrative in nature.

We have cult spirits that can directly talk to dead chat, so being able to suss out various antags for conversion with more certainty isn't something I want to push forward (hashtag remove cult), as well as the wizard event to make ghosts visible (point point point point point orbit hashtag remove wizard) and at least one item in the game that makes ghosts that orbit it visible (point point point point hashtag remove spectral ). A camera obscura that can take pictures of what ghosts are orbitting (hashtag remove all content).

[Edit] Also pre-emptively, I understand that observers can already do a lot of antag hunting via the orbit menu's tools. I find this a weak argument for making it easier to do when I don't personally like that as the status quo either.

There are genuine gameplay impacts to decisions that expand the knowledge observers have. There's a tangible design space I can point to around players interacting with observers through IC methods that maintainers should have their 0.02c in. I fully admit I didn't bring them up in discussions either. I was just genuinely fatigued by the situation with MSO stepping in to re-open the PR causing a new stepping on eggshells moment.

If you have an issue with me closing the PR as a headmin then you have various options to talk to me about it. You have a dozen Discord channels you can use, or my DMs which aren't restricted, or via headcoders if you don't feel you can approach me directly for whatever reason.

Public snipes like "Though they've lost all right to wring their hands and complain anytime a headmin looks at a config value." are useful to precisely nobody and only serve to stoke animosity between people who should be broadly collaborating on the tgstation project.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #609363

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:weak

figure out who's the antag based on ghostcourt and deadchat hearsay or perish
this, fuck antag huds. Ghost court or just flat deducing it yourself is where it's at. The short lived mystery while observing is part of the fun.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #609444

thanks for the replies everyone and the thoughtful response from timberpiecesofeight

anyway even if we can't get antag huds merged having a rank of trusted observers to not ruin the 'oh my gerd the fun experience of clicking on everyone on the observe list.. what a suuurprise wow!!!' that have access to it would be nice

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME REJOIN THE TEAM JUST FOR AN ANTAG HUD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #609472

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #609522

Who are you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #609525

Timonk wrote:Who are you
Forgotten :(
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #609700

i do think it warrants a test merge though to see if it will have the massive ruining of the observer experience and increase in metagaming that has been alleged, worst comes to worst a few rounds are bad right?
lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #610710

i feel nothing but agony as I wait day after day for antag huds to come..
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #610727

who are you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #610746

hes imwevil it says so under his pfp
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610747

No it says Lmwevil
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #610751

alternatively give a boomermin rank (or revive adminobserver) as an option for retired admins if they want it so 'OHHH NOOOOOOH METAGAME' isn't a thing since it'd be a pretty small list
This is dumb and more importantly unfair.
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #610753

orbit me when i join i nearly always follow all the antags
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #610758

wesoda25 wrote:
This is dumb and more importantly unfair.
Correct.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #610789

Hi Evil Knievel!!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: