Do you still need traitor on to get malf AI?

General SS13 Chat
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Do you still need traitor on to get malf AI?

Post by Mice World » #610452

quick post before I sleep sorry if it's rushed.

I've been playing ai low pop lately and I'm sick of getting traitor and being forced to be human. I've not had one malf round or seen one in a very long time, can it even happen right now? I would look around more for info but I hate looking for ss13 shit so I thought I'd ask here.

any info would be great. Thankyouthankyou.

I put this in offtopic cause it's low effort and I'm expecting a single reply answer
It keeps getting worse!?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Do you still need traitor on to get malf AI?

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610458

I want to say no since I heard some mutterings about dynamic not counting malf AI as a "traitor" ruleset even though it's listed with em, ask mothblocks on the discord though
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610460

yes
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #610461

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I want to say no since I heard some mutterings about dynamic not counting malf AI as a "traitor" ruleset even though it's listed with em, ask mothblocks on the discord though
The thought of making a new discord account makes me want to vomit so I'll just hope they post here. A little offtopic but I just really wish the game would do job > traitor, not, traitor > job as I am so sick of playing stock traitor/ling. Currently it even bypasses "return to lobby if preferences are unavailable
It keeps getting worse!?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #610470

i asked mothblocks on discord they said the answer is PROBABLY not
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #610495

a
Last edited by BlueMemesauce on Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #610506

Jaredfogle wrote:i asked mothblocks on discord they said the answer is PROBABLY not
tell me who mothblocks is if you want to live
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #610507

she a dumb #####################
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Mice World

Post by Mice World » #610508

Thank you for your answers people. After looking at the github pr I noticed it had the HIGH_IMPACT_RULESET flag. Is this the reason I've not gotten it on low pop (20 - 30 people)? Or am I just unlucky? For reference I've played eight rounds of AI, most of these rounds went for 2- 3 hours. Yet between those I've been traitor three times and changeling once. I'm assuming you guys have a design document for dynamic?
It keeps getting worse!?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #610510

A HIGH_IMPACT_RULESET will never roll if another high impact ruleset rolls, unless threat level is above 90

There's no doc on design other than 2021's improvements, I inherited the system and made it better, and you can see details on the variables in this doc I half wrote here: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... /readme.md

Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #610516

Malf job selection was completely broken for a month and before that it rolled two AIs, one normal and one malf. Judging by looking at rounds on scrubby malf is now correctly happening but it is very rare compared to other high impact rules, even wizard seems far more likely.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #610523